• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

CC_Sly #1 Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:55 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 2875 battles
  • [WGA]

Hello Tankers!

It has been a while since I sat down and did one of my overviews or "What Sly Learned from ______" posts. With the addition of these tournaments and the likelihood that they will start to become more frequent, I think that for the first several I should do an overview of them from my perspective and get your feedback on what I can do to improve on the experience. So here we go!

Overall Result: Good with a few bumps

Tournament Requirements (Out of my control...for now)

• Groups of 8 with best of 3 format. 
  • 1 Winning team per group.
  • Prize Amounts
  • Team Size 7-9
  • Tier X must be included
  • All maps must be Supremacy Mode

Improvements from Twister Cup:

• Expanded required members to start a match from 7 to 5. Meaning only 5 people per team had to be in the room to start the match.
  • Tighter Registration timings. This was to help with the AFK issue that was present in the Twister Cup

Known / Reported Issues:

• [Known Issue] Registration issues - we have had reports of issues that either prevented or delayed invitations to people preventing them from participating or creating a team in time.
    • Please comment if you had this issue.
  • [Reported Issue] Not being invited to a match - We have had a report that after the first battle a team did not receive another invite for the second battle and automatically lost. 
    • Please let me know if anyone experienced this.

Feedback Request:

• Registration - How did you like the 2 hour window? Was there enough time from the announcement (Dec. 1st) for you to get your team ready to register?
    • Did anyone experience any AFK/Less than 5 member teams?  
  • How often would you like to see tournament of this nature? Once a day? Once a week?
  • What did you think of the size? is 64 Teams too small? Should we increase it to 128? 

If there is anything else you'd like to leave feedback on. That is what this thread is for! 

Overall Feedback Gathered so far:

1. More teams. 64 is good, but it filled up a bit too fast and was a bit too unicum heavy.
  2. Shake up the registration/tournament times a bit, maybe something later to give people a chance to get home, eat , etc. 
  3. Weekly or every other week cadence seems good.
  4. Need more time between tournament/registration announcement and registration start.
    • Not going to happen this next one - but I will work on it. 
  5. 2 hour window is okay - but a bit more time would be nice for registration. 
  6. People would like more diversity in tier restrictions.
    • Going to be Tier X for a bit - this is out of my control for now. 
  7. Invite issues are a thing and we should fix them. 
    • Dev team is aware - I have no ETA for a fix

For the issues I can control - I will talk with the team and see what we can improve for the next tournament! In the meantime keep your eyes peeled for an announcement! Thank you for the feedback! There will be more of these threads coming in the future! 

Edited by CC_Sly, 06 December 2016 - 12:41 AM.
Updating

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

PinDadNW #2 Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31973 battles
  • [RAIDR]
I was really excited for this event and hope to see about them once a week (or more). 64 was just a little too small a pool for Raider. We couldn't get all our guys online and registered before the 64 teams were filled. It was our own fault really, I guess next time we will plan on being online right when registration opens unless you expand the size. 

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

jjraidz #3 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:02 PM

Doggo

• Players
  • 20045 battles
  • [PRAMO]
I wish this would be a weekly thing as this was awesome. I would prefer a higher team count so that smaller and less experienced clans could win a prize. As well it would decrease the density of unicum clans. 

In the #1 clan in the North American Cluster

MRobertsRCS #4 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:04 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 21010 battles
  • [501RV]

Same as above, I wasn't able to get all our folks online in time before the registration was full.  64 is a little tight.  I think it was a great idea to keep registration close to battle time to reduce AFK teams - and it seemed to work.  Although 501 was able to field a few other teams (just not the one I was on).

Tournaments are fun and should be often.  For some of us it's not just the potential prize, it's fun to have the scheduled battles clan v clan. 

Kudos to Sly.

My E4 has a cup holder            

LoweExpectations #5 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:08 PM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 13638 battles
  • [STORM]
A weekly event would be awesome.

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

RenegadeCommander #6 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5425 battles
  • [DFNT]
It was good, more often if possible...and could you push to expand the prize amount, seemed waaayyy too small for the credits and time spent training and playing in it. 

My Youtube: https://www.youtube....Qo5oZPtGICVdPUg

Cromwell Berlin, Type 62, and Type 59 make me moist happy.

"THE STRENGTH OF THE PACK IS THE WOLF, THE STRENGTH OF THE WOLF IS THE PACK"

TShades #7 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:11 PM

501 Family Executioner

• Players
  • 14739 battles
  • [501ST]

The two-hour window from registration to battle time was perfect, and the Sunday worked out really well for my team. With the Dec 1 announcement and prior experience with the Twister Cup, my team was able to register only minutes after the registration opened.

Tournaments of this size would be cool to have regularly, as some teams were created and/or designed for this purpose and the constant practice against other clans would do us good. The prize pool is a nice bonus for small, regular tournaments. Perhaps weekly or bi-weekly, to be regular but not cause burnout either. For larger tourneys, maybe once a quarter with a larger prize pool (I understand this is outside your control, just an idea).

I'd like to see a larger team limit, as 64 was small and made it tight for registration on teams that were not AKF yet legitimately trying to enter. Also a lot of the more skilled, well-known and eager clans were ready and got in pretty easily, but that left the rest with a majority of unicums to fight and they didnt have a chance. I'm not saying its a bad thing, but the teams registered in the 64-team were unicum or near-unicum which weighed heavily against other teams to the point where they were bound to have an encounter with a team better than theirs by a very large margin. That would result in the same teams winning each time and interest would be lost pretty quickly. (If you're unicum, you have no reason to complain; gives you more pub teams to sealclub).

Overall I felt this tournament went off extremely well and it was fun to experience. I highly look forward to the next one!

Edited by CK_FrostedFlakes, 05 December 2016 - 09:12 PM.

Grinding: Obj 704, WT Pz IV, WZ 135G "Blaze"

Wallet Warrior Gold Spamming HEAT Noob and Proud Of It

#WePayTheFeeSoYouPlayForFree

Official "Axe" Executioner of 501

General_Vodka #8 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:13 PM

Rush B my comrades! For mother Russian bias!

• Players
  • 12364 battles
  • [501XX]
I would also like for them to be more often, as I was a little late and didn't get to participate in this one. That being said I would also like it be be a little more then 64 teams, if every clan can have unlimited number of their own teams. Another thing is that the invite system needs to be polished, as I'm one of those that didn't get an invite. 

_34 #9 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:17 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 17760 battles
  • [501AU]
It was pretty good; registration was very tight though. and open it to more teams. maybe 10 players per team max? it's a much more even number

Sometimes helpful

acrisis #10 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17160 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

Short notice. Though, if this becomes a more frequent thing, one may anticipate it and have a team of guys at the ready. 

Some motivated players are unable to set teams up though, due to weekend timing and the number of consecutive hours of availability / play required.  

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
 BCC Forum Thread | BCC Discord invite

Mission Poll  |  Goose Event Poll  | ... 
Looney Tooners  ||  Triarii  ||  Blitz University  ||  Basic Training  ||  Mentor

2.8 Blitz Economy - A visual of the credit coefficients | Got lag? =>  Pingplotter thread

Bronyman50 #11 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:35 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 20000 battles
  • [FLEET]
That two hour time limit was insanely stressful because it opened when I was at work and as a result I was late by about 30 minutes and by then it was too late to get into the event

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

There are Two Types of People in the World. Regular People and Me. 

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

killer7184 #12 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:44 PM

Looking For Competent Teams

• Players
  • 16703 battles
  • [GRIM]

The tournament ran smoothly in my opinion, of course my clan along with other well organized clans did register within the first 5 minutes of registration opening. On the other hand, the prize was quite small. But I understand that, this tournament being the first competitive Supremacy event and you guys, WG, wanted to make sure they got it right before they handed the winner(s) a massive prize. I would like to see a bigger prize in future tournaments and I think a LOT of others agree.

PinDadNW #13 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31973 battles
  • [RAIDR]
And to counter that^^^^ I don't care about the prize. It's all about the great competition for me.

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

ahredstealth #14 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:50 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 18129 battles
  • [SPUD]

SPUD was planning on entering the tournament.

It never moved to the "Current" tournaments tab.

Was that intentional?  Where should it be during registration?

As it was, by the time we on, the 64 slots were filled.  I thought do to the prizing note that said "more teams, more prizes" that more then 64 teams would be allowed to enter.  That was not the case.

Also, how do you see the results?  It does not let me see anything in game other then the list of teams that participated...

O-47 - #10

voyager35 #15 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:55 PM

Ilha Formosa

• Players
  • 23071 battles
  • [SRT]

Just want to add few suggestions, overall I think you guys did well this time, much better than previous runs.

I think we can have more leagues. For now, the only league is the TierX one, while many clans who want to participate can't have a team with all tier X tanks. It will be nice if next time we can have at least two leagues: TierX and TierVIII, maybe TierVI in the future if this works. This case more people can enjoy the fun but don't have to get rekt by bigger clans with more TierX tanks. Higher tier league can have a better prize, this will encourage big clans to register high tier league and make it more competitive. We only had one match out of three when the opponent team can have 7 tier X tanks. 

BTW, is it hard for you guys to send a poll to all participated players for their opinions? That should be helpful. 

Edited by voyager35, 05 December 2016 - 09:08 PM.

Darkest_Flame #16 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8772 battles
  • [META]

More teams, different leagues like CW had for different tiers. 

I also think that there should be away to add someone into the team who's not in the game in the two hour limit or extend it to 12 hours or something like that.

Otherwise, Kudos to WG!!

Edited by Darkest_Flame, 05 December 2016 - 08:59 PM.

nanolite #17 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

Seal Clubber

• Players
  • 16861 battles
A final bracket with the top 8 teams is all I want :D

Detecting Salt Level of OP . . .

Salt Level: 200%

Immediate Attention Required

_1204_ #18 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Players
  • 20967 battles

View PostCC_Sly, on 05 December 2016 - 02:55 PM, said:

Feedback Request:

• Registration - How did you like the 2 hour window? Was there enough time from the announcement (Dec. 1st) for you to get your team ready to register?
    • Did anyone experience any AFK/Less than 5 member teams?  
  • How often would you like to see tournament of this nature? Once a day? Once a week?
  • What did you think of the size? is 64 Teams too small? Should we increase it to 128? 

This is my 2¢ from the sidelines...

• Time span was a bit short for everyone to swap up clans and get organized (for those with multiple divisions). 
  • once a week would be sweet
  • 128 max, but if its weekly, they likely wont all always wont be filled, so buys and round 2 seeds will need to be incorporated

I would love to see these things go weekly, maybe friday or saturday nights. Registration, battle times, and results would all be uniform. 128 possible teams, and maybe a bit larger prize pool, though I still am confused how this prize pool went. Also consider separating it into leagues. Lets be honest, PRAMO just curb stomps every competition, and yeah its fair if the Grim guys or SRT (among others) fight them, but for the average clan with the 47% guys? Not even close. They could use tier 8s with no ts and still win.

_stealy #19 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:13 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 36044 battles
  • [GRIM]

The battle time was kinda inconvenient...

6-8 pm EST is dinner time for a lot of people on the east coast. Meanwhile, some people on the west coast are still at work/school...

GRIM wasn't able to field two teams because the time simply didn't work for many of us. It would be great to postpone the battle a few hours later. 

_stealy #20 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 36044 battles
  • [GRIM]

View Postnanolite, on 05 December 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

A final bracket with the top 8 teams is all I want :D

​And this.

8 winners out of 64 teams seem too easy 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users