It has been a while since I sat down and did one of my overviews or "What Sly Learned from ______" posts. With the addition of these tournaments and the likelihood that they will start to become more frequent, I think that for the first several I should do an overview of them from my perspective and get your feedback on what I can do to improve on the experience. So here we go!
Overall Result: Good with a few bumps
Tournament Requirements (Out of my control...for now)
- Groups of 8 with best of 3 format.
- 1 Winning team per group.
- Prize Amounts
- Team Size 7-9
- Tier X must be included
- All maps must be Supremacy Mode
Improvements from Twister Cup:
- Expanded required members to start a match from 7 to 5. Meaning only 5 people per team had to be in the room to start the match.
- Tighter Registration timings. This was to help with the AFK issue that was present in the Twister Cup
Known / Reported Issues:
- [Known Issue] Registration issues - we have had reports of issues that either prevented or delayed invitations to people preventing them from participating or creating a team in time.
- Please comment if you had this issue.
- [Reported Issue] Not being invited to a match - We have had a report that after the first battle a team did not receive another invite for the second battle and automatically lost.
- Please let me know if anyone experienced this.
- Registration - How did you like the 2 hour window? Was there enough time from the announcement (Dec. 1st) for you to get your team ready to register?
- Did anyone experience any AFK/Less than 5 member teams?
- How often would you like to see tournament of this nature? Once a day? Once a week?
- What did you think of the size? is 64 Teams too small? Should we increase it to 128?
If there is anything else you'd like to leave feedback on. That is what this thread is for!
Overall Feedback Gathered so far:
- More teams. 64 is good, but it filled up a bit too fast and was a bit too unicum heavy.
- Shake up the registration/tournament times a bit, maybe something later to give people a chance to get home, eat , etc.
- Weekly or every other week cadence seems good.
- Need more time between tournament/registration announcement and registration start.
- Not going to happen this next one - but I will work on it.
- 2 hour window is okay - but a bit more time would be nice for registration.
- People would like more diversity in tier restrictions.
- Going to be Tier X for a bit - this is out of my control for now.
- Invite issues are a thing and we should fix them.
- Dev team is aware - I have no ETA for a fix
For the issues I can control - I will talk with the team and see what we can improve for the next tournament! In the meantime keep your eyes peeled for an announcement! Thank you for the feedback! There will be more of these threads coming in the future!
Edited by CC_Sly, 06 December 2016 - 12:41 AM.