Dec. 4, 2016 - Blitz Brawl Info and Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

Traygann #21 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:19 PM

Private

• Players
  • 47409 battles
  • [SPECS]
Echoing some of the same comments.  My clan is not as structured as some of the more organized clans.  We got all the cards in place but were unable to register in time.  Got on the registration page promptly and got as far as inviting the relevant members of the clan to join the tournament.  Some got the invite and some did not.  My guess is that those who were on at the time got the invite and those that were not on before the tournament filled did not get the invite.  I, like a lot of my clan members, would really like to participate in the tournaments, but I am not sure the registration process will work for us or other similar clans.  The Blitz Assistant was a great way to see what happened.  Looks like a ton of fun!  Thanks for a great game.

DudeKruto #22 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3535 battles

64 definetly too small. 

And personally I'd like these events to be run on weekdays. But that's just me. The majority probably disagrees.

ecpgieicg #23 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22796 battles
  • [PRAMO]

We did have issues with registration invites.

The first time I tried assembling a team, I clicked the register button to just see what happens. That froze the team despite not meeting the minimal number of members on the team. Subsequently, team invites would not show for the invited players. They also cannot join our team in the Tournament interface. I had to disband the team and restart.

We didn't have enough players available for the tournament time at the end. So the issues didn't end up matter. Just FYI.

----------------

I would also like to share some general feedback.

• I love to see increased variety of gameplay options such as the Blitz tournament!
  • I think 64 is fine, based on how quick/slow the registration fills up. (It seemed slow to me. For us, as long as we are available that evening, we would be aiming to register within 15min from the time registration opens.) However, for those who managed to get a team together within the 2hr window but were not quick enough to register, I think they should be allowed reserved slots in the next tournament, especially if the tournament is going to be frequent
  • On registration again, I think the RSVP time frame is too short. Many members of my clan are mature working professionals. We still love to play Blitz. But we need weeks of advanced notice in order to organize for a tournament. I suspect that is common for many working professionals. (FYI - they buy premium tanks frequently.)
  • Supremacy tournament is interesting. Different tier caps from time to time would be nice. That allows greater participation from clans whose players are still relatively new to Blitz.
  • I would like to see the Tournament separate into multiple leagues. (e.g. two) Multiple leagues allow experienced and competitive clans to compete against each other while allowing casual and less experienced players to enjoy team battles under the tournament format. In order to maintain the same incentive, I think being qualified and able to play in the top league warrants some in-game reward, whether coming on top of the top at the end.
    Imagine UEFA Champions League vs UEFA Europa League for football. (No, not the one you use hands. I mean the real football. :p )
  • Regarding prizes, I suspect WG cannot disperse the gold prize too too much since players would commonly spend real money to get gold. I understand it is not in the best interest of WG or us if Blitz gold devalues in game. But I think Premium Time or the new Commandation Lists can be used to award and incentivize a greater number of players to engage in Tournaments without risking any game currency inflation.

P.S. Does someone know if the paragraph spacing can be adjusted? I don't want to hurt the eyes of fellow forumers.

Edited by ecpgieicg, 05 December 2016 - 09:58 PM.

jensen215_ #24 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:47 PM

Scientia Potentia Est

• Players
  • 11893 battles
  • [IMPR]

View Postecpgieicg, on 05 December 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

We did have issues with registration invites.

The first time I tried assembling a team, I clicked the register button to just see what happens. That froze the team despite not meeting the minimal number of members on the team. Subsequently, team invites would not show for the invited players. They also cannot join our team in the Tournament interface. I had to disband the team and restart.

We didn't have enough players available for the tournament time at the end. So the issues didn't end up matter. Just FYI.

----------------

I would also like to share some general feedback.

• Love to see increased variety of gameplay option such as the Blitz tournament!
  • I think 64 is fine, based on how quick/slow the registration fills up. (It seemed slow to me. For us, as long as we are available that evening, we would be aiming to register within 15min from the time registration opens.) However, for those who managed to get a team together within the 2hr window but were not quick enough to register, I think they should be allowed reserved slots in the next tournament, especially if the tournament is going to be frequent
  • On registration again, I think the RSVP time frame is too short. Many members of my clan are mature working professionals. We still love to play Blitz. But we need weeks of advanced notice in order to organize for a tournament. I suspect that is common for many working professionals. (FYI - they buy premium tanks frequently.)
  • Supremacy tournament is interesting. Different tier caps from time to time would be nice. That allows greater participation from clans whose players are still relatively new to Blitz.
  • I would like to see the Tournament separate into multiple leagues. (e.g. two) Multiple leagues allow experienced and competitive clans to compete against each other while allowing casual and less experienced players to enjoy team battles under the tournament format. In order to maintain the same incentive, I think being qualified and able to play in the top league warrants some in-game reward, whether coming on top of the top at the end.
    Imagine UEFA Champions League vs UEFA Europa League for football. (No, not the one you use hands. The real football. :p )
  • Regarding prizes, I suspect WG cannot disperse the gold prize too too much since players would commonly spend real money to get gold. I understand it is not in the best interest of WG or us if Blitz gold devalues in game. But I think Premium Time or the new Commandation Lists can be used to award a greater number of players without risking any game currency inflation.

P.S. Does someone know if the paragraph spacing can be adjusted? I don't want to hurt the eyes of fellow forumers.

100% agree, took as a while to try and get the registration to work and by that time it was too late.

Having these weekly at the same time would be awesome.

Commander of The Imperium

We Will Rise Again, The Empire is dead, long live the Empire, The Imperium has risen

Carry a noob and he will have victory for a battle teach a man to carry and he will lead to domination        

MLFSiS1.png

Click on the CWG Game Guru tag for my Guides

razernaga2014 #25 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:49 PM

I drink and I know things.

• Players
  • 11871 battles
  • [S-AA]
Just set a default 64 teams, and then have an additional 2-hour window.  During this time, if (8) teams sign up, they are grouped together into a bracket.  If (8) teams can't be found, then nothing happens.  

I have quit the game for now.  It is no longer what I began playing in 2014, and while change is not inherently bad, it is also not inherently good either.  

How To Crossfire

Former [SPUD] longtime member

mjohnson16 #26 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24755 battles

A larger bracket to allow more teams would be nice.

Since the bracket filled before the two hour window closed, I suspect that it is fine for the activity Blitz Brawl got. But with a larger bracket, more time would be appreciated.

Beeftaco1114 #27 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:53 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11715 battles
  • [MBTS]
We made it to the finals but this thing was fun as hell and i want to do more

BEEFBLITZ

MY STATS: http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Premium Tanks I Own : IS-6 ,IS-2,su-122-44,Cromwell B,Glacial112,PzB2,Pzs35,BT-SV,

Tetrarch,SU-100Y

The_Witch_K1ng_of_Angmar #28 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18283 battles
  • [T1GER]

View PostCC_Sly, on 05 December 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

Hello Tankers!

It has been a while since I sat down and did one of my overviews or "What Sly Learned from ______" posts. With the addition of these tournaments and the likelihood that they will start to become more frequent, I think that for the first several I should do an overview of them from my perspective and get your feedback on what I can do to improve on the experience. So here we go!

Overall Result: Good with a few bumps

Tournament Requirements (Out of my control...for now)

• Groups of 8 with best of 3 format. 
  • 1 Winning team per group.
  • Prize Amounts
  • Team Size 7-9
  • Tier X must be included
  • All maps must be Supremacy Mode

Improvements from Twister Cup:

• Expanded required members to start a match from 7 to 5. Meaning only 5 people per team had to be in the room to start the match.
  • Tighter Registration timings. This was to help with the AFK issue that was present in the Twister Cup

Known / Reported Issues:

• [Known Issue] Registration issues - we have had reports of issues that either prevented or delayed invitations to people preventing them from participating or creating a team in time.
    • Please comment if you had this issue.
  • [Reported Issue] Not being invited to a match - We have had a report that after the first battle a team did not receive another invite for the second battle and automatically lost. 
    • Please let me know if anyone experienced this.

Feedback Request:

• Registration - How did you like the 2 hour window? Was there enough time from the announcement (Dec. 1st) for you to get your team ready to register?
    • Did anyone experience any AFK/Less than 5 member teams?  
  • How often would you like to see tournament of this nature? Once a day? Once a week?
  • What did you think of the size? is 64 Teams too small? Should we increase it to 128? 

If there is anything else you'd like to leave feedback on. That is what this thread is for! 

I didn't like the 2 hour window at all.  My team had no time to prepare, and we experienced problems making a team where the team would delete itself.  We never got to play.

Not sure, wasn't there

More teams would have its ups and downs.  I think it should remain at 64 team.

The_Witch_K1ng_of_Angmar #29 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18283 battles
  • [T1GER]
Our clan experienced both bugs mentioned above.

michaeltsoon #30 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 21870 battles
  • [STR8]

Clan leader should have the ability to draft players into the team. After all it's part of their responsibility

Also please fix the invitation issue-our clan had 9 members online including me, and others reported that despite having the captain send them an invitation it never showed up

Leader of [PZ3]. Please PM if you would like details on our clan

Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

I'd put my tank rankings here, but I won't since video game stats hold no value in real life. Therefore, I'll use a witty quote to fill this space instead:            "War does not determine who is right, only who is left"  -Bertrand Russell 

ScumbagJuJu #31 Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 23067 battles
  • [PURPL]

From an outside standpoint I will say I think the tournament was a hit! People love this kind of thing.

Positives: Engages the community

Competitive play that pubs lack

Prizes and overall competition

Negatives: Announcement to play window was just way to small for some of us to be able to commit. Possibly a week or two advance would be awesome and allow clans to coordinate their schedules a bit better with their players and players with their time/family life.

Times of play just did not sit well with a lot in our clan. Majority of GRIM and I know some other clans as well have older players who not only need to get kids in bed but their wife tucked in as well before being able to Blitz. Please move the times back a few hours.

Other than that I think this is an awesome idea and should be done weekly to bi-weekly. Possibly adding in structured tiers as well. Maybe two tournaments at 64 teams but a tier 9-10 tournament as well as a tier 7-8 tournament running side by side.

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas Mobile Masters Finalist

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

COBRAS

_GeneralPearson_ #32 Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:31 PM

Friendly Neighborhood Potato

• Players
  • 16780 battles
Some of our members didn't get invites to tournament team and had to search through all the created teams to find it. Inconvenient, but not game breaking 

crazychimp69 #33 Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:36 PM

Clubs Wargaming

• Players
  • 25718 battles

View PostRenegadeCommander, on 05 December 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

It was good, more often if possible...and could you push to expand the prize amount, seemed waaayyy too small for the credits and time spent training and playing in it. 

that's the point and I like it. If these are going to be a weekly event, it shouldn't be a massive prize pool.

There is always next year.

crazychimp69 #34 Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:39 PM

Clubs Wargaming

• Players
  • 25718 battles

For feedback, the 2 hour registration window is fine. But I think the announcement was too quick, maybe announce it like a week before it begins? Also, the time of registration is a bit odd. 11:30 PST is usually when people are working and I had to make an excuse to actually get on register. Also, yes 128 teams would be great.

edit: weekly or once every 2 weeks for each tournament would be great :)

editing my edit: Also, yes like mentioned above, a tier cap would be interesting. Maybe have tier 1-8 only. Or something like that. Keeps people on their toes. Also, I like the idea of smaller prize pools. Small prize pools and more tournaments.

Edited by crazychimp69, 05 December 2016 - 10:45 PM.

There is always next year.

awesomeplayer9690 #35 Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19090 battles
  • [WG]
128 sounds much more fair

"The greatest gift is time. Giving time is giving away part of your life that you'll never get back." - Anonymous

"Can't get ammo-racked if I bring no ammo"

[HOW TO] Stat Signature |

NovaGXBM #36 Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:37 PM

Your Last and Final Form

• Players
  • 18266 battles
  • [_V_]
Didn't even get a chance to participate as a lot of members had stuff to do on Sunday and couldn't get on for the registration so perhaps another day of the week rather than Sunday would probably benefit a few. Also a bigger amount of teams to participate in the tournament rather than 64 teams because those spots filled up quite fast. And registration should at least be a few days prior to the tournament rather than 4 hours before the battles begin as this is a very small amount of time for people to register their teams in.

CC_Sly #37 Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:41 AM

Community Lead

• Administrator
  • 3091 battles
  • [WGA]

So overall I am hearing a few things:

1. More teams. 64 is good, but it filled up a bit too fast and was a bit too unicum heavy.
  2. Shake up the registration/tournament times a bit, maybe something later to give people a chance to get home, eat , etc. 
  3. Weekly or every other week cadence seems good.
  4. Need more time between tournament/registration announcement and registration start.
    • Not going to happen this next one - but I will work on it. 
  5. 2 hour window is okay - but a bit more time would be nice for registration. 
  6. People would like more diversity in tier restrictions.
    • Going to be Tier X for a bit - this is out of my control for now. 
  7. Invite issues are a thing and we should fix them. 
    • Dev team is aware - I have no ETA for a fix

For the issues I can control - I will talk with the team and see what we can improve for the next tournament! In the meantime keep your eyes peeled for an announcement! Thank you for the feedback! There will be more of these threads coming in the future! 

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

Hydraxen_ #38 Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:05 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20629 battles
  • [COD-X]

I hope I'm not too late to the feedback post ;-;

probably am too late but I'm gonna post my suggestions anyways

As mentioned before, I think the team limit should be a bit wider. Our team only needed one more person to get on and than *bam*, the last space was taken. It was tragic I tell you

I can't give that much helpful feedback because I don't know much about how it worked and all, but I do suggest to you guys to mix the tiers up a little. I'm 99% sure that Blartch suggested a point pool thing, where each team is given a limited amount of points, and using a tier 10 tank will use up more points than any other tier tank will. And that the teams can't exceed the point limit. This could perhaps allow the players who don't quite have a tier 10 that they're comfortable with play in the tournament. 

Perhaps give credits to the teams that made it through the first few rounds, but didn't quite make it to the quarterfinals, based on place. I wouldn't want to go charging into a tournament full of unicorns gudder than me and not have anything come out of putting in the effort. But if you gave me some credits to pay for all that HEAT and stuff I wouldn't mind trying to play against them (not that it would work). I don't know much about the rewards system because I didn't get my team in in time. 

I also wouldn't mind some extra commendation lists thrown into the prize pool. It would give players like me some extra incentive to play in the tournaments. Maybe throw in a small amount of free exp too.

And maybe do some tier 1 battles. Give my newb brothers a vehicle in which they excel at :trollface:

Sorry if my post was useless 

Edited by Hydraxen_, 06 December 2016 - 01:08 AM.

- a troglodyte

ForgottenProphet #39 Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:59 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8452 battles
  • [SKXLL]
My clan was one of those that had many issues sending and receiving invites tot he team and thus were unable to compete 

Let's get it

Dragonxz774 #40 Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:30 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11433 battles
  • [DRS14]

View PostCC_Sly, on 05 December 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

So overall I am hearing a few things:

1. More teams. 64 is good, but it filled up a bit too fast and was a bit too unicum heavy.
  2. Shake up the registration/tournament times a bit, maybe something later to give people a chance to get home, eat , etc. 
  3. Weekly or every other week cadence seems good.
  4. Need more time between tournament/registration announcement and registration start.
    • Not going to happen this next one - but I will work on it. 
  5. 2 hour window is okay - but a bit more time would be nice for registration. 
  6. People would like more diversity in tier restrictions.
    • Going to be Tier X for a bit - this is out of my control for now. 
  7. Invite issues are a thing and we should fix them. 
    • Dev team is aware - I have no ETA for a fix

For the issues I can control - I will talk with the team and see what we can improve for the next tournament! In the meantime keep your eyes peeled for an announcement! Thank you for the feedback! There will be more of these threads coming in the future! 

Great points Sly! I've heard some other people saying that the mode Supremacy isn't good for tournaments, just FYI. I've also heard from smaller clans that there should be a 2 or a 1 Team per clan limit. (Some of the bigger clans like PRAMO can get multiple teams in the same tourney and rack up a lot of prizes) And bigger prize pools are always welcome! Thanks for hearing us out on this tourney. 

—Dragon

Will my ticket ever be fixed?

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users