• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

CC_Sly #1 Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:53 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 2875 battles
  • [WGA]

Time for the next one! 

We have made a few improvements based on the feedback provided from the first Blitz Brawl. Not everything is changing or going to follow the majority of feedback though. We are using these tournaments to see how they feel to you guys and what we can do to improve the experience. Stuff that would require dev time or a fundamental change in the systems involved are not going to change anytime soon, minus major bugs.  

Overall Result: Good

Tournament Requirements (Out of my control...for now)

• Groups of 8 with best of 3 format
  • 1 Winning team per group
  • Prize Amounts (Scaled to the max number of participating teams)
  • Team Size 7-9
  • Tier X must be included
  • All maps must be Supremacy Mode
  • Must be run on Dec. 11

Improvements/Changes from Blitz Brawl I:

• Expanded maximum number of teams to 128 from 64.
  • Longer registration window from 2 hours to 24 hours.
    • We tried the super short 2 hour window and while that worked the feedback was mixed on that short of a window. So we are opening it up to a 24 hour registration period with more teams. This is partially to get a feel of how this will work and partially to combat the invite issues some people were experiencing. 
  • Later Tournament start timings. The tournament will start 2 hours later than the Blitz Brawl I in order to allow people to get settled or complete their commute.   

Known / Reported Issues:

• [Known Issue] Registration issues - we have had reports of issues that either prevented or delayed invitations to people preventing them from participating or creating a team in time.
    • Please comment if you had this issue.
  • [Reported Issue] Not being invited to a match - We have had a report that after the first battle a team did not receive another invite for the second battle and automatically lost. 
    • Please let me know if anyone experienced this.
  • [Known Issue?] Team Deletion / Registration Closing - All teams that have not claimed a spot in the tournament itself when either the registration time is up or the tournament hits the maximum number of teams allowed, will be deleted from the "waiting/pending" list. Also hitting the maximum number of allowed team closes the registration period. Even if one of the teams cancels and we drop below the maximum. 

Feedback Request:

• Registration - How did you like the 24 hour window? I will work on getting announcements up earlier or at least maybe do an article with Tournament schedules for the week / 2 weeks / month.
    • Did anyone experience any AFK/Less than 5 member teams?  
  • What would be more beneficial to you for finding out about tournaments? "Future Tournaments" in game? or an out of game news article?
  • What did you think of the size? is 128 Teams too small? Should we increase it to 256? 
  • How was the timings for this tournament? Was the later start time more preferable? 

If there is anything else you'd like to leave feedback on. That is what this thread is for!

Overall Feedback Gathered so far:

• Later starting times seem to have been a good decision.
  • Fine-tune registration timing next.
  • More prizing would be nice.
  • Team size seems to be good. 128 is large enough to spread out the skilled players.
    • Ideally separating by Tier/WR/Skill  
  • Maybe spread out the availability of the tournaments from just Sunday.
  • More Quality of Life and UI improvements for searching/inviting/organizing teams. 

Edited by CC_Sly, 13 December 2016 - 06:41 PM.
Updating

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

nanolite #2 Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

Seal Clubber

• Players
  • 16861 battles

It was much smoother this time, the timing also was decent. 

Better prize pools would help, though :D

Detecting Salt Level of OP . . .

Salt Level: 200%

Immediate Attention Required

PinDadNW #3 Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31973 battles
  • [RAIDR]

I liked the number of teams. Having so few teams allowed means clans had to be motivated to get signed up before all the spots were full. Limiting teams probably cuts back on AFK teams. That said, we still had a forfeit start the tournament. Our opponent could only field four players. Our team could only field five players.

My suggestions: reduce the time between registration and the first match. Something like registration from 3PM-6PM. First match at 7 PM. It's hard for players to know they will be available on Sunday afternoon when they sign up on Thursday. It would be much easier to just sign up and play the same day. I assume the time in between is used to seed matches and place clan into groups? 

Also we had many clan members available on Sunday afternoon who were all willing to compete. But they were not registered team members. I like having the 5 players/ 9 team members split but is there a reason the number 9 couldn't be 50?

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

CC_Sly #4 Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 2875 battles
  • [WGA]

View Postnanolite, on 12 December 2016 - 05:13 AM, said:

It was much smoother this time, the timing also was decent. 

Better prize pools would help, though :D

Cool so you liked the later timings? 

I am working on the prize pool issue - but it looks like it is going to be these amounts for a bit. 

View PostPinDadNW, on 12 December 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

I liked the number of teams. Having so few teams allowed means clans had to be motivated to get signed up before all the spots were full. Limiting teams probably cuts back on AFK teams. That said, we still had a forfeit start the tournament. Our opponent could only field four players. Our team could only field five players.

My suggestions: reduce the time between registration and the first match. Something like registration from 3PM-6PM. First match at 7 PM. It's hard for players to know they will be available on Sunday afternoon when they sign up on Thursday. It would be much easier to just sign up and play the same day. I assume the time in between is used to seed matches and place clan into groups? 

Also we had many clan members available on Sunday afternoon who were all willing to compete. But they were not registered team members. I like having the 5 players/ 9 team members split but is there a reason the number 9 couldn't be 50?

Thanks for the feedback, so do like I did for Blitz Brawl I? 2 Hour registration window -> 90 minutes -> Start of the tournament? 

You are correct that between registration closing/ending I need to go in and create the groupings. It isn't difficult but it is still a manual process that requires me to be either at the office or at my secure home PC to create them.

For the team size - that is something that is out of my control for the time being. I was told teams of 7-9 so that is what it must be.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

ScumbagJuJu #5 Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 20306 battles
  • [GRIM]
Awesome tournament. Prizes are meh but I don't really play for that. I just like the competition.

Registration period was awesome, I know you guys already stated you are working on better foresight to the players beforehand of tournament times.

Had one minor issue with an invite but that was resolved(Awesome WG peeps).

Times for the matches were better because it allowed people to get home from work, eat and settle in.

One thing I would like to see is a list of maps that will be used for the tournament. We had inclination of the first round map but until the tournament kicked off we had no idea what to practice. Also maybe having it where you cannot see the other teams tank lineup. To much last minute switching to try and counter the other team. It should be hidden until the game starts.

Overall an 8.5/10 Sly. Well done.

Edited by Delicate_Snowflake, 12 December 2016 - 05:43 PM.

"I Shoot Gold Rounds To Show My Contempt For The Enemy's Poverty"

Star1- 1.6563(Super Unicum) WN8- 3795(Super Unicum)

65 From The Top

Loyal M60 & IS-6 Fearless Owner

Bbm_14 #6 Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

Simia est simia, etiamsi purpura vestiatur

• Players
  • 22070 battles
  • [DD-R]

Simple request:

Push the opening of registration forward a couple hours regardless of the day to accommodate the 'west coast working man'. 3:00 in the afternoon (Pacific) is impractical and 4:00 Mountain is still pretty sketchy.

Thanks!

edit: more teams would be a plus.

Edited by Bbm_14, 12 December 2016 - 06:20 PM.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk, that  will teach you to keep your mouth shut" - Ernest Hemingway

========================================

PinDadNW #7 Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31973 battles
  • [RAIDR]
Do you say "more teams" because all the spots were taken before DD-R could register? I agree it would be nice if everyone who wanted to participate could have a spot, yes. BUT with more teams I could see more AFK's/No shows. That's why I was thinking same-day registration would result in a higher percentage of participation.

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

Bbm_14 #8 Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:33 PM

• Players
  • 22070 battles
  • [DD-R]

View PostPinDadNW, on 12 December 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Do you say "more teams" because all the spots were taken before DD-R could register? I agree it would be nice if everyone who wanted to participate could have a spot, yes. BUT with more teams I could see more AFK's/No shows. That's why I was thinking same-day registration would result in a higher percentage of participation.

Precisely, we had people at work ( and still working ) when the registration closed.

Pin, I understand the AFK principle you are speaking of for my 'more teams' suggestion is more 'knee jerk' than my original.

I think you know we are a pretty organized clan but all the 'organization' in the world can not overcome the responsibility of employment. (;

Edited by Bbm_14, 12 December 2016 - 06:53 PM.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk, that  will teach you to keep your mouth shut" - Ernest Hemingway

Bbm_14 #9 Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:37 PM

• Players
  • 22070 battles
  • [DD-R]
As an aside, exactly how many 128 teams were AFK this time around?

CC_Sly #10 Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 2875 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostBbm_14, on 12 December 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

As an aside, exactly how many 128 teams were AFK this time around?

I can only tell if BOTH teams AFK'ed. There was only one instance of this for Blitz Brawl II.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Vosan #11 Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9287 battles
  • [_V_]
Our team wants to fight with players of the same skill.

PinDadNW #12 Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31973 battles
  • [RAIDR]

View PostPlayer_9264686917, on 12 December 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

Our team wants to fight with players of the same skill.

I bet when CC forms the groups he could lump the 8 teams with the average highest WR into group 1. The next 8 highest average WR could go into group 2, etc. This could create better competition, reduce no-shows, and be motivating (we moved up to group 3 this week!).

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

voyager35 #13 Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:58 PM

Ilha Formosa

• Players
  • 23071 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostPinDadNW, on 12 December 2016 - 01:46 PM, said:

I bet when CC forms the groups he could lump the 8 teams with the average highest WR into group 1. The next 8 highest average WR could go into group 2, etc. This could create better competition, reduce no-shows, and be motivating (we moved up to group 3 this week!).

The easier way is to have two tournaments at the same time. One with a tier limit of 7, another is 10 (I don't think tier 8 is a good idea since too many premium tanks *cough is-6 is-3d cough* around). The tier 10 league/tournament will have better prizes (maybe a premium camo) to encourage more competitive teams to register. The only technical issue is if WG are able to set a tier limit to tournaments.

Edited by voyager35, 12 December 2016 - 07:59 PM.

lookedsquirrel7 #14 Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:13 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 20439 battles

This second one was fun, Even though my team got eliminated in the Semi Finals I enjoyed this event.

My Suggestions:

Reduce times between Battles to 1 Minute, there is no reason for 2, if a person shows up late it was their responsibility to be their for the first battle.

Restrict the Amount of the Same vehicle on a Team, Make people Strategize a bit more.

Perhaps A max of Two of the same vehicles per Team I.E.: Instead of this: (Even 1 would be fine considering how many tier tens their are in the game)

Obj. 140

Obj. 140

Obj. 140

Obj. 140

Obj. 140

Obj. 140

IS-7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make it like this:

Obj.140

Obj. 140,

T110E4

IS-7

FV4202

Maus

E-50M

Edited by lookedsquirrel7, 12 December 2016 - 08:28 PM.

adrieeel #15 Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29139 battles
  • [AZUL]

on our first round our rival at the first game only had 2 members, but at the second game they got 6 so we did fight

besides them all the teams had exactly 7 members, the time was good even for a chilean member we have that is 2 hours ahead of est

about what could be improven I'd say exact prizing info, like the amount each winning team will be receiving, saying only the prize pool and not how it will be reparted was a bit confusing

also maybe opening a chat box in the room at least for the team to comunicate better in case some are not able to get into a voice chat

overall impression: excelent

thanks for this <3

CC_Sly #16 Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:41 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 2875 battles
  • [WGA]

View Postvoyager35, on 12 December 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

The easier way is to have two tournaments at the same time. One with a tier limit of 7, another is 10 (I don't think tier 8 is a good idea since too many premium tanks *cough is-6 is-3d cough* around). The tier 10 league/tournament will have better prizes (maybe a premium camo) to encourage more competitive teams to register. The only technical issue is if WG are able to set a tier limit to tournaments.

Well played sir. These are in the plan to test out here in the near future.

View Postlookedsquirrel7, on 12 December 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

This second one was fun, Even though my team got eliminated in the Semi Finals I enjoyed this event.

My Suggestions:

Reduce times between Battles to 1 Minute, there is no reason for 2, if a person shows up late it was their responsibility to be their for the first battle.

Restrict the Amount of the Same vehicle on a Team, Make people Strategize a bit more.

Time between battles - I think 2 minutes is plenty and fair to be honest.

Restrict the number of certain vehicles - no technical ability to do this thus it would just have to be a rule and that would mean any tournament with this rule would have to have myself there to act as a judge for rule violations. I would also need to add in time for these. So not until it is part of the system. Which I have no idea if or when this will happen. 

View Postadrieeel, on 12 December 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

on our first round our rival at the first game only had 2 members, but at the second game they got 6 so we did fight

besides them all the teams had exactly 7 members, the time was good even for a chilean member we have that is 2 hours ahead of est

about what could be improven I'd say exact prizing info, like the amount each winning team will be receiving, saying only the prize pool and not how it will be reparted was a bit confusing

also maybe opening a chat box in the room at least for the team to comunicate better in case some are not able to get into a voice chat

overall impression: excelent

thanks for this <3

Chat room seems like a Quality of life function. Something that is to be noted but it not really NEEDED at this point. 

For the prizing info. The reason I don't tell it as a per player deal, is because I have a prize pool to give out. That changes with how many people are on a team or how many teams sign up.

As an example, this last tournament could have had people getting anywhere from 150 gold per person, to 386 Gold per person. Depending on team size and how full the tournament got.  

Edited by CC_Sly, 12 December 2016 - 09:20 PM.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Bronyman50 #17 Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:43 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 20000 battles
  • [FLEET]

The main problem is that we as players have to fork over about 20-30k credits a match. And if we don't win the torney we basically just lost about 180-270K credits. And the second place team, gets nothing! I was talking with my team and my clan in general and the biggest turndown for everyone is the credit loss. Even if you win you'll have about 200-120K profit after refilling the ammo and this is a big time commitment about 2 hours excluding training time. Time that can be used to grind the 400K you'll win from the torney. Another problem is the back to back nature of Brawl 1 and 2. Over the course of the 2 weeks I was insanely stressed as my players. If you don't know we were the underdogs. We were pleased by where we ended up, but all of us felt angry that we recived nothing for our efforts. So those are my 2 complaints

1: Compensate those who lost (such as pay for their ammo, or giving a set 100K for playing or winning 1 match)

2: Make the brawls more spread out every other week or twice a month (You could also give us about a week or two heads up rather then 1 or 2 days)

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

There are Two Types of People in the World. Regular People and Me. 

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

nanolite #18 Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

Seal Clubber

• Players
  • 16861 battles
Skill based brackets. Put the highest win rate % in one bracket, next highest in the next bracket, and so on so people face their similar skill level and have a chance to win. Right now it would be like NFL teams facing Middle School Football teams with few actually entertaining matches. 

Edited by nanolite, 12 December 2016 - 09:05 PM.

Detecting Salt Level of OP . . .

Salt Level: 200%

Immediate Attention Required

mloomis2504 #19 Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29185 battles
  • [III]
We had the registration issue ... attempted two teams and both were deleted prior to filling 7 slots.
">

PinDadNW #20 Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31973 battles
  • [RAIDR]
We had an interesting thing come up. One mate moved from DD-Raider to DD after I registered him for our team. On game day he received an invite and showed up in the que. Because he now had different clan tags than us we decided not to include him in the battle. It seemed the system would have allowed us to add him (and we could have used him)! Was this the correct call? Or if the system allows a player to join, it's OK?

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users