Time for the next one!
We have made a few improvements based on the feedback provided from the first Blitz Brawl. Not everything is changing or going to follow the majority of feedback though. We are using these tournaments to see how they feel to you guys and what we can do to improve the experience. Stuff that would require dev time or a fundamental change in the systems involved are not going to change anytime soon, minus major bugs.
Overall Result: Good
Tournament Requirements (Out of my control...for now)
- Groups of 8 with best of 3 format
- 1 Winning team per group
- Prize Amounts (Scaled to the max number of participating teams)
- Team Size 7-9
- Tier X must be included
- All maps must be Supremacy Mode
- Must be run on Dec. 11
Improvements/Changes from Blitz Brawl I:
- Expanded maximum number of teams to 128 from 64.
- Longer registration window from 2 hours to 24 hours.
- We tried the super short 2 hour window and while that worked the feedback was mixed on that short of a window. So we are opening it up to a 24 hour registration period with more teams. This is partially to get a feel of how this will work and partially to combat the invite issues some people were experiencing.
- Later Tournament start timings. The tournament will start 2 hours later than the Blitz Brawl I in order to allow people to get settled or complete their commute.
Known / Reported Issues:
- [Known Issue] Registration issues - we have had reports of issues that either prevented or delayed invitations to people preventing them from participating or creating a team in time.
- Please comment if you had this issue.
- [Reported Issue] Not being invited to a match - We have had a report that after the first battle a team did not receive another invite for the second battle and automatically lost.
- Please let me know if anyone experienced this.
- [Known Issue?] Team Deletion / Registration Closing - All teams that have not claimed a spot in the tournament itself when either the registration time is up or the tournament hits the maximum number of teams allowed, will be deleted from the "waiting/pending" list. Also hitting the maximum number of allowed team closes the registration period. Even if one of the teams cancels and we drop below the maximum.
- Registration - How did you like the 24 hour window? I will work on getting announcements up earlier or at least maybe do an article with Tournament schedules for the week / 2 weeks / month.
- Did anyone experience any AFK/Less than 5 member teams?
- What would be more beneficial to you for finding out about tournaments? "Future Tournaments" in game? or an out of game news article?
- What did you think of the size? is 128 Teams too small? Should we increase it to 256?
- How was the timings for this tournament? Was the later start time more preferable?
If there is anything else you'd like to leave feedback on. That is what this thread is for!
Overall Feedback Gathered so far:
- Later starting times seem to have been a good decision.
- Fine-tune registration timing next.
- More prizing would be nice.
- Team size seems to be good. 128 is large enough to spread out the skilled players.
- Ideally separating by Tier/WR/Skill
- Maybe spread out the availability of the tournaments from just Sunday.
- More Quality of Life and UI improvements for searching/inviting/organizing teams.
Edited by CC_Sly, 13 December 2016 - 06:41 PM.