King of the Hill, Mines TR game

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

CoyoteRagtime #1 Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 31595 battles
  • [6-AD]

I had an idea for a training room game. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. So feel free to test it.

It's called King of the Hill. It only works in the Mines map. I have a few variations for it.

V1 Rules:

You are only allowed to shoot when you are on the hill. If you're not on the hill, you can't shoot.

Last tank standing wins. So the friendly fire is turned on.

V2 Rules:

Same thing. Shooting only allowed on hill. It's a team battle tho. No friendly fire.

V3 Rules:

No shooting. Only ramming. Last tank alive or on the hill when the time runs out wins. You can do this with friendly fire on or off. Teams or free for all.

Do you guys think it would work?

I got the idea when I was playing an encounter battle on Mines in my Leopard 1. Coincidentally all medium tanks on both teams rushed the hill at the same time, but nobody stopped or retreated. So we had a very fast fight and 3 tanks were dead within the first 30 seconds of the match. There was something really fun about all those tanks in one big dog pile. We've all had fights like that on Mines. Why not make a full match of it?

Quick question; when friendly fire is turned on, can you do ramming damage to team mates?

It's the General Lee! Get it?

DmitriTheDragon #2 Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1956 battles
  • [DMONS]
Sounds broing if you can only shoot from the hill.What about 183's KV-2's the howitzers.How will they play out while being surrounded by guns pummeling them left to right on their reload?

WipWapJaws #3 Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:20 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 38538 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostDmitriTheDragon, on 10 December 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

Sounds broing if you can only shoot from the hill.What about 183's KV-2's the howitzers.How will they play out while being surrounded by guns pummeling them left to right on their reload?

Simple...... drive a different tank...... smh

DmitriTheDragon #4 Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1956 battles
  • [DMONS]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 10 December 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

Simple...... drive a different tank...... smh

its a good idea.If TDs and slow reload tanks can get an advantage of some sort

gunslang_iron #5 Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5824 battles
Well the v3 sounds like a job for a tog

razernaga2014 #6 Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:28 PM

I drink and I know things.

• Players
  • 12028 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostDmitriTheDragon, on 10 December 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

its a good idea.If TDs and slow reload tanks can get an advantage of some sort

That's like saying that baseball players should start up hockey, and whenever they shoot the puck, the goalie can't use his gloves.  The game isn't for derp slammers.  Mines is medium map, and this is a medium game.

I have quit the game for now.  It is no longer what I began playing in 2014, and while change is not inherently bad, it is also not inherently good either.  

How To Crossfire

Former [SPUD] longtime member

CoyoteRagtime #7 Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 31595 battles
  • [6-AD]

Sounds like people are getting what I was going for. If anyone is interested I'll probably post something in the Training Room Sessions in the next few days in any of you wanna try this out with me.

View Postrazernaga2014, on 10 December 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

That's like saying that baseball players should start up hockey, and whenever they shoot the puck, the goalie can't use his gloves.  The game isn't for derp slammers.  Mines is medium map, and this is a medium game.

I think heavies would work pretty good in this game too. Particularly in V3.
It's the General Lee! Get it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users