Jump to content


[Chromebook Keyboard Support] WoTB on Chromebooks

Chromebook Support

  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Carnage_Asada_ #21 Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:58 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8687 battles
  • 1,611
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    08-18-2015

the only thing left i can think of would be either a game controller or mouse to touch keymapper. 

 

you can run a PS2 or PS3 bluetooth game controller on android and play Blitz very well (I know, Ive done it) and you can map keystrokes and mouse movements to emulate touch controls. Both require keymappers you can download from the playstore. There are a couple of free ones, but the one i used cost $2.99 and was well worth it. 

 

Look up the app SixAxis



LoweExpectations #22 Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:33 PM

    Icelandic

  • Players
  • 14905 battles
  • 3,376
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015
;-; WG is slow to answer tickets

 

 

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.


MetallicTitan #23 Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:38 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 7448 battles
  • 6
  • [HBBTS]
  • Member since:
    01-23-2017
i have a chromebook and have the same problem

Desocial #24 Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

    Private

  • Blitz
  • 10 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    07-01-2013

Hi,

 

We are testing the game on several Chromebooks and it works pretty fine. It will be interesting to use mouse with these "minibooks" but unfortunately it is not as simple as to "add one more switch" - it's a piece of work to implement Android keyboard subsystem support. We will continue to watch that market niche and I hope Google will move GPS/Android support from beta to release branch.

 

Touch screen works smoothly on my Acer R11 and it's very comfortable to play sitting at the table ;)

 

GG and GL



Wh0_Am_1 #25 Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:21 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 444 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015
Knight44 "I doubt that there is a keyboard and mouse option for the Android version, which is what the Chromebook runs. How many Android devices support a mouse and keyboard? None that I'm aware of.You need a touchscreen Chromebook." To answer your question almost all of them, they have a feature called OTG or On The Go, that allows you to connect a $5-10 USD dongle to your phone via the USB micro, mini, type c, and etc. and then connect a keyboard, game controller, keyboard mouse, or other standard supported USB type B device. OR connect via Bluetooth.

_Cord_ #26 Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 2692 battles
  • 1
  • [754TH]
  • Member since:
    01-23-2012
Just got a Google Pixelbook. I'd love to see keyboard and mouse support. I don't enjoy using laptops in tablet mode.

V1n2002 #27 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:59 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6054 battles
  • 1,754
  • [COD-R]
  • Member since:
    03-04-2015
You should really hammer about this- my buddy has the same issue, on a chrome book of sorts. BUMP

 (COD-R) 54.54% Winrate. Low tiers are trash, game is ruined. FML. 

 

 


V1n2002 #28 Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:00 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6054 battles
  • 1,754
  • [COD-R]
  • Member since:
    03-04-2015

View PostCarnage_Asada_, on 19 December 2016 - 10:58 PM, said:

the only thing left i can think of would be either a game controller or mouse to touch keymapper. 

 

you can run a PS2 or PS3 bluetooth game controller on android and play Blitz very well (I know, Ive done it) and you can map keystrokes and mouse movements to emulate touch controls. Both require keymappers you can download from the playstore. There are a couple of free ones, but the one i used cost $2.99 and was well worth it. 

 

Look up the app SixAxis

Bump, done it before. 


 (COD-R) 54.54% Winrate. Low tiers are trash, game is ruined. FML. 

 

 


LoweExpectations #29 Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

    Icelandic

  • Players
  • 14905 battles
  • 3,376
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostV1n2002, on 27 January 2018 - 12:59 AM, said:

You should really hammer about this- my buddy has the same issue, on a chrome book of sorts. BUMP

 

Yeah, I sorta gave up on it. I asked WG support on it and they said to ask on forums to get activity... low and behold no activity. I doubt they would've done anything anyhow.

 

 

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.


olddatsunfan #30 Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:34 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34394 battles
  • 2,645
  • [-CFR-]
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015
I would hope they implement this Lowe, after all the first Chrome Tablets are coming to market this year ...
QO6Y0A8.gif

Alphatriton #31 Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9513 battles
  • 333
  • [PAN]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2015

I support this, playing WoT Blitz and having to click my mouse just to do a simple thing like aiming is a pain as its literally like playing as a 1 man crew, which forces me to play non-turreted tank destroyers which is a major pain as i can even move my gun when I want to fire at something

 

the game seems to recognize my keyboard as i can go back using the f1 key


Edited by Alphatriton, 14 February 2018 - 11:37 PM.


RommelTanker #32 Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:37 AM

    He who is supremely annoying

  • Players
  • 11932 battles
  • 2,911
  • [ACTS2]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2017

I tried this multiple times and failed every time. Reason?

 

Google Play release of WoT Blitz is tailored for Touch Screen devices (keyboards will NOT work, period). As a result, only two platforms can run Blitz with a keyboard

 

Steam

and Windows 10 Store.

 

So, if you want to play with a keyboard tough sh*t, as you need a laptop or Windows 10 tablet. Otherwise, use a normal android.


Something something insert joke here

Ericmopar #33 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:07 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3277 battles
  • 2,479
  • Member since:
    04-10-2017

View PostRommelTanker, on 14 February 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

I tried this multiple times and failed every time. Reason?

 

Google Play release of WoT Blitz is tailored for Touch Screen devices (keyboards will NOT work, period). As a result, only two platforms can run Blitz with a keyboard

 

Steam

and Windows 10 Store.

 

So, if you want to play with a keyboard tough sh*t, as you need a laptop or Windows 10 tablet. Otherwise, use a normal android.

 

That's interesting, that means it's so close to being able to run on Linux a Linux guy could smell it...
 

I'm glad I ran across this thread, because it wasn't that long ago I told someone Blitz wouldn't run on Chrome OS because it's Linux based.
Now I know that it can.

 

In hindsight, I should have known better, since Android and Chrome OS are both Linux.


Edited by Ericmopar, 15 February 2018 - 12:05 PM.

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

 

 


SheikYirbuti #34 Posted 21 August 2018 - 07:58 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 17 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    05-06-2015
*Bump*

Just got me a Chromebook (without touchscreen). Would love to see KB support.

As it stands right now, the only option is to use a mouse and play with one hand. It's quite the challenge,

With Play Store integration, gaming has been a breeze, for games that support the OS,

Next Chromebook I get will have touchscreen support for sure. It's nice to have these options now on a larger screen when you're on the go.

YUG3Y_215 #35 Posted 16 April 2020 - 12:14 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 1485 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    09-20-2019
I wish too man that I can play wotblitz on my chromebook but i'll try some steps to make it work. btw I have a thinkpad 11e chromebook (gen 3)

_Wikipedia #36 Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:11 PM

    usles

  • Players
  • 11195 battles
  • 619
  • [KR0NO]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2018

View PostYUG3Y_215, on 15 April 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

I wish too man that I can play wotblitz on my chromebook but i'll try some steps to make it work. btw I have a thinkpad 11e chromebook (gen 3)


Welcome to the forums, a place where potatoes like me exist.


The legend himself: https://www.twitch.tv/dsteves

Do not have an average tier of 6-8 if you want to cry.


CA_vampire #37 Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:31 AM

    __Banned__

  • Players
  • 30998 battles
  • 1,263
  • [SLIT]
  • Member since:
    11-21-2016

 

This issue should be resolved. It is not that hard to add keyboard support to the android version. I have tried a bluetooth mouse with a chromebook and the mouse works with wotb, but the keyboard does not work. Please fix this.


No Mercy / No Malice

CBS_Boss80307 #38 Posted 16 June 2020 - 02:49 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 2529 battles
  • 7
  • [FKEM]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2020

View Post___Chimera, on 16 December 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

Go to settings in the game, and see if you can change it from touch to keyboard.

Well there is no such setting for that.



CBS_Boss80307 #39 Posted 16 June 2020 - 02:52 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 2529 battles
  • 7
  • [FKEM]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2020

View PostDesocial, on 13 July 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

Hi,

 

We are testing the game on several Chromebooks and it works pretty fine. It will be interesting to use mouse with these "minibooks" but unfortunately it is not as simple as to "add one more switch" - it's a piece of work to implement Android keyboard subsystem support. We will continue to watch that market niche and I hope Google will move GPS/Android support from beta to release branch.

 

Touch screen works smoothly on my Acer R11 and it's very comfortable to play sitting at the table ;)

 

GG and GL

Bro Im using an Acer Chromebook 15.6(i think)



ViolentLittleNeko #40 Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:19 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 2026 battles
  • 3
  • [IM_OC]
  • Member since:
    02-29-2020

View PostMorphman_, on 16 December 2016 - 11:56 PM, said:

Considering that a Chromebook doesn't even run on an Android system you are lucky that the app even opened.

 

That's where you're wrong, buddy... Chrome OS runs on a subset of Android functions...






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users