M60 official thread of 2016

• Please log in to reply
2883 replies to this topic

herbie424 #2741 Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12974 battles
  • [GZR]
So, I received the tank than but rarely play it.  First of all, I like to play Tiers IV and V more and secondly, the M-60 is not that good of a tank.  Pier X tanks make short work of it.

__Crusader6__ #2742 Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 58763 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Postherbie424, on 03 January 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

So, I received the tank than but rarely play it.  First of all, I like to play Tiers IV and V more and secondly, the M-60 is not that good of a tank.  Pier X tanks make short work of it.

The M60 is arguably the best tier X med.  Which I think causes a lot of angst in the player base.

Yes turret isn't quite as good as the M48A1 Patton, but the M60 has a better gun and an extra degree of gun depression, that can make the turret way better than the M48's if you employ it well.

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

__Crusader6__ #2743 Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:23 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 58763 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostTwistedMetal_, on 03 January 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

The M60 was given to players who spent a SHEITE ton of money $$$ on the game Like me!

It wasn't though.

If that WAS the case, WG could have said, hey yeah if you spent $2k on the game you got it.

BUT - multiple accounts that had low game's and next to no premiums got it -- meaning they couldn't have spent the money - as their garage indicated nothing was there.

Some former WG employees offline have said it was a flawed algorithm in the award, I tend to believe that, as based on WG's history (invisible tanks, MM issues etc) it is the most likely aspect.

EU had posted the WG "Official" Award criteria -- I had reposted it here, but it was scrubbed out - and I did not save a copy -- it has been wiped from EU too, and WG personnel have said they CANNOT talk about it.

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Player_5773117413 #2744 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:17 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29595 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 03 January 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

Revenues are down for Blitz, it’s easy to see, and this was a cash grab. 

I mean who wants to buy Premiums or Premium Time now.  

idk crusader. Blitz fair 2 seems to be sucking in a lot of suckers with the loot crates. If blitz needed to grab in more cash, I think ribble's tone in his responses to such threads would be a bit more warming. But apparently the long term, loyal playerbase's contribution pales in comparison to everyone else's so they can essentially give us the finger and not care about it

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

VikkoTheTusken #2745 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19235 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 03 January 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

I love my M60... and my IS-6 Fearless

More importantly, we love you!

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

My presence here on the forums is over. You can find me at the links above and on various Discord servers. If you're curious or feel like trolling, peruse [This Thread]

NateDawg2k16 #2746 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

Swedish Mafia Captain

• Players
  • 13565 battles
  • [META]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 03 January 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

Just because unfortunately you were informed wrongly.

Our team didn't operate this forum. Once we noticed this thread and that miscommunication we clarified it. I took a couple of minutes. 

Why should the criteria be declassified? We don't disclose it regardless the region. 

To be honest i never understood this M60 hype. I guess everyone who gives a gift to someone else has the right not to explain the reasons for doing that.

Then disclose it to all regions. It deserves to be known why 40% lowlifes get it while dedicated players don't. 

But then again, you guys never do the logical thing

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have. 

WizoGT379 #2747 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7113 battles
  • [RUDY]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 03 January 2018 - 03:21 AM, said:

That part of the statement was not correct. We never excluded possibility of selling M60 in future and even told players about that on RU-server. Looks like there was a miscommunication between our offices.

"Technically" isn't the m60 not even being sold directly for real money, so therefore unlike the IS-6 Fearless goof up anyway?

I’m sampling the retiree life, of Blitz, not sure if I’ll be returning, but thanks for all of your advice and fun.

You can't outsmart stupid, it just doesn't work like that - TengenToppaPotatoLagann

NICKEL_AND_DIME #2748 Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:19 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 52769 battles
  • [III]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 03 January 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

I mean who wants to buy Premiums or Premium Time now.  

You mean they still actually sell premiums?  I thought they only sold gold and you buy the premiums or the tickets or the tokens or sigils or whatever name they place on some new currency (spare parts excluded, of course).

john_bond_16_pc #2749 Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

The name's bond...John bond.

• Players
  • 16233 battles
  • [COD-R]
lol

​"Well John, people have different priorities. Some are here to drive historical tanks and have fun, others for the glorious color coded numbers and other for the relationships and friends they've made. The middle group are the ones who'll say they can't play due to 3.8, they're afraid of having smaller numbers than everyone else and losing the imaginary position they have. They're also the same people who immediately pull stats into any discussion so that they can try to discredit the other side. I will admit I have good stats but I honestly am here for the tanks and fun. Once this game becomes anything other than that I'm out , but until then I'm here to stay."

​Ptank2012

COD-R CLAN DEP & TRPD MATE

Stats:                                                                                       

theFANTASTICfox #2750 Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

DRINK!

• Players
  • 21319 battles
  • [DD-R]

The saddest part of all of this is that people are actually using their college savings or whipping out the credit card to dump $300 for the M60. I've been praying to the WG staff for an M60 to pop out in the supergame. No luck, but I did get a Type 59, so maybe they are listening?  

Spoiler

Edited by theFANTASTICfox, 03 January 2018 - 10:38 PM.

#4 in the LeKpz 41 (with TwisterCup camo), #6 in the M41 Walker-Bulldog, and #8 in the T37

This is what BlitzStars is reporting, so I might be reading something incorrectly...

Certified Anti-FV215b 183 Extremist

CDINGEY #2751 Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19101 battles
  • [FRONT]
Will this never end???  Two Years and 139 Pages.... 

smalljamalkamal #2752 Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:42 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35532 battles
  • [III]

View PostCDINGEY, on 04 January 2018 - 04:25 AM, said:

Will this never end???  Two Years and 139 Pages.... 

No. 

It...

will...

never...

end...

never...

Player_5773117413 #2753 Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:56 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29595 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PosttheFANTASTICfox, on 03 January 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

The saddest part of all of this is that people are actually using their college savings or whipping out the credit card to dump $300 for the M60. I've been praying to the WG staff for an M60 to pop out in the supergame. No luck, but I did get a Type 59, so maybe they are listening?  

Spoiler

if people are really blowing their college savings on a pixel tank, then there's a good chance they wouldn't get into a good one in the first place, so they're not really losing out on much there

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

itsnotpersonal #2754 Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

It's just business

• Players
  • 23350 battles
  • [ASYLM]
bumpity bump bump :rolleyes:

ASYLUM

theFANTASTICfox #2755 Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

DRINK!

• Players
  • 21319 battles
  • [DD-R]
Lets see if this thread can hit 200 pages

#4 in the LeKpz 41 (with TwisterCup camo), #6 in the M41 Walker-Bulldog, and #8 in the T37

This is what BlitzStars is reporting, so I might be reading something incorrectly...

Certified Anti-FV215b 183 Extremist

RibbleStripe #2756 Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:55 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View PostiRaikkonen, on 03 January 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

What about the IS-6 Fearless? I think everyone can agree no one actually knows the original M60 criteria but the Fearless was quite simple. Win Clan Wars 2. I played Clan Wars 2 and trained my [edited] off with my clan and another dozen to earn that. The one and only tank that you could win with SKILL and not with loot box rng or your moms credit card. Less than a year after the 83 people won their Fearless tanks, we were horrified to see the Fearless being sold for $75 (or whatever it was. Could have been $10,000, the point is the same). Not only could people who lost clan wars 2 but them, but people who DIDNT EVEN PLAY COULD BUY THEM. At the time there was a chance to do the right thing. Come out and say that there was a mistake, reclaim the tanks and refund the customers, but no. People that didn’t earn them got to keep them. The 83 of us banded together despite being in 5 different clans and we have still not been compensated. It’s honestly quite sad to think that of the few hundred tanks in this game, some free to buy and others not, that there was ONE exception to this rule. ONE glorious tank that said “I won this with my team and hard work”. The saddest thing is that it’s just an IS-6 with a camo. It’s not statistically different at all. I know. I have both. After going to Minsk and winning Las Vegas, I know how much war gaming respects its top tier players and how much you care about this game. Anyone who says otherwise is absolutely wrong. But I think the Fearless is an instance where the players who earned them have been wronged and it’s been over a year with not even as little as an apology

There was completely different case. Fearless was available for purchasing by mistake. We fixed it pretty quickly but unfortunately some players caught their chance to buy tank. I understand you are upset about it and you definitely have reasons to feel like that. It was our fault and i bring apologies to you and other Fearless holders. 

Strigonx #2757 Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:57 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4411 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 05 January 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

There was completely different case. Fearless was available for purchasing by mistake. We fixed it pretty quickly but unfortunately some players caught their chance to buy tank. I understand you are upset about it and you definitely have reasons to feel like that. It was our fault and i bring apologies to you and other Fearless holders. 

Kind of reminds me when on PC in RU sold the SU-76i "on accident"

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

WipWapJaws #2758 Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 46064 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 05 January 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

Ribble I dont think it was just an apology that was needed.  The Fearless that were sold by accident should have been removed from the garages of those who did not earn them and their money refunded.  You dont buy an Olympic gold medal, you earn it.

I dont often agree with IRaikkonen but he is bang on with this

The fact WG didnt remove the sold tanks IMO made them look week and show an attitude of "we will do the right thing by our players (unless it its too difficult and it might cost us some money)"

RoadKutter #2759 Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:55 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 36752 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 05 January 2018 - 02:08 AM, said:

Ribble I dont think it was just an apology that was needed.  The Fearless that were sold by accident should have been removed from the garages of those who did not earn them and their money refunded.  You dont buy an Olympic gold medal, you earn it.

I dont often agree with IRaikkonen but he is bang on with this

The fact WG didnt remove the sold tanks IMO made them look week and show an attitude of "we will do the right thing by our players (unless it its too difficult and it might cost us some money)"

Yeah, but if you bought for hard cash and then they took it away I’m sure you would be screaming bloody murder. That is the reason people got them back, yes they did take them away. You can’t sell something and then change your mind and replace it with something else. Theft, bait and switch..... list goes on, and that’s why people who bought their Fearless got it back.

Ghosting reds since 2014

VikkoTheTusken #2760 Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19235 battles
  • [III-H]
If the Fearless incident resulted the way it did, where is the complete and thorough reimbursement of all equipment lost due to spare parts?(and subsequent apology like above) I still haven't been able to kit out all of my favorite tanks. Sure, I play them and do well in them but - I'm still at a handicap and a burden on my team.

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

My presence here on the forums is over. You can find me at the links above and on various Discord servers. If you're curious or feel like trolling, peruse [This Thread]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users