2887 replies to this topic

TwistedMetal_ #2761 Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14290 battles
  • [DFNT]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 03 January 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

It wasn't though.

If that WAS the case, WG could have said, hey yeah if you spent $2k on the game you got it.

BUT - multiple accounts that had low game's and next to no premiums got it -- meaning they couldn't have spent the money - as their garage indicated nothing was there.

Some former WG employees offline have said it was a flawed algorithm in the award, I tend to believe that, as based on WG's history (invisible tanks, MM issues etc) it is the most likely aspect.

EU had posted the WG "Official" Award criteria -- I had reposted it here, but it was scrubbed out - and I did not save a copy -- it has been wiped from EU too, and WG personnel have said they CANNOT talk about it.

I think they took the politically correct answer, be it wrong in my book, they should have just admitted it. I believe the wrong answer was "A select amount of special players" I may be wrong on the quote it's been some time. I received it and was happy I did. I would have just said it was given out randomly. No complaints here though!

Aphropanda #2762 Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:46 AM

Tunnels Concep

• Players
  • 36542 battles
  • [RGN]

Who cares anymore, just save up your change over the year and buy it during Blitz Fair 2018. (Let's not act like it won't be sold again, we tried that and look at where we are.) 

Player_5773117413 #2763 Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:38 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 30807 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 05 January 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

Not really, because I had got something I should not have.  its not theft, bait and switch at all.  It was for once an honest mistake and those who purchased the Fearless new they were buying something that be on sale.  I saw all the threads on here "quick the Fearless is on sale, buy it before they realise"  

Im guessing the only reason your defending it is because you are one of those who bought it and feel entitled to keep it.......

It was bait and switch. That WG lied about the tank's exclusivity doesn't exactly pardon them to double back on the side that paid for it. The tank was still advertised and sold as the IS-6 Fearless and people bought gold because they wanted to buy that specific product. It would be even worse if it was intentional, but let's give this one to WG since it probably was a mistake. Anyways, they goofed and the only solutions to solve the problem would P.O. one side or the other. WG decided it was best to please their paying customers, and I don't blame them; any business trying to stay in business would do the same.

I did not buy the Fearless, just throwing that out there.

View Post_Pandageddon, on 06 January 2018 - 01:46 AM, said:

Who cares anymore, just save up your change over the year and buy it during Blitz Fair 2018. (Let's not act like it won't be sold again, we tried that and look at where we are.) 

next year youll prolly even get a choice between that and the 121b

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

wizo_ #2764 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9169 battles

View PostRibbleStripe, on 05 January 2018 - 02:55 AM, said:

There was completely different case. Fearless was available for purchasing by mistake. We fixed it pretty quickly but unfortunately some players caught their chance to buy tank. I understand you are upset about it and you definitely have reasons to feel like that. It was our fault and i bring apologies to you and other Fearless holders. 

instead of taking em back from the buyers, then getting whined to, and then giving em back, you should’ve said no, kept em and refunded them somehow,

I’m sampling the retiree life, of Blitz forums, not sure if I’ll be returning, but thanks for all of your advice and fun.

You can't outsmart stupid, it just doesn't work like that - TengenToppaPotatoLagann

wizo_ #2765 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9169 battles
2018 and this is still a very active thread lol

I’m sampling the retiree life, of Blitz forums, not sure if I’ll be returning, but thanks for all of your advice and fun.

You can't outsmart stupid, it just doesn't work like that - TengenToppaPotatoLagann

Player_5773117413 #2766 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:12 AM

• Players
  • 30807 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostWizoGT379, on 06 January 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

2018 and this is still a very active thread lol

it's become the life support for the NA server blitz forum

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

4sfield #2767 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:09 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33618 battles
  • [-1]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 07 January 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

it's become the life support for the NA server blitz forum

No, it’s the only thread that’s proven pertinent over the long haul. It represents everything wrong with the game and the disconnect between development and the players. 

There will be no reason to post here anymore for the rest of the year unless they decide to put the tank up for sale in a bundle.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Player_5773117413 #2768 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:32 AM

• Players
  • 30807 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post4sfield, on 07 January 2018 - 01:09 AM, said:

No, it’s the only thread that’s proven pertinent over the long haul. It represents everything wrong with the game and the disconnect between development and the players. 

There will be no reason to post here anymore for the rest of the year unlesstil they decide to put the tank up for sale in a bundle.

fify

And that's why I'm saying it's the life support for this forum. 60% of the threads started now are gripes about WG; this is the epitome of it all.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

_Crusader6_ #2769 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostWizoGT379, on 07 January 2018 - 12:01 AM, said:

instead of taking em back from the buyers, then getting whined to, and then giving em back, you should’ve said no, kept em and refunded them somehow,

WG NA is HQ’s in California, want to deal with a bait and switch suit there? 

WG did what they had to. 

For example, I go to Best Buy, I see a massive plasma TV on sale for $350. 

I buy it. Best Buy marked the wrong TV down, they notice it after I and others buy it,  but they can’t go back and demand the ones folks bought back. 

I didn’t buy a Fearless - I knew it was an error.  

But the point is it was sold.  

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

stopthemadness44 #2770 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 35408 battles
  • [OWTF]

I did buy the fearless, I had no idea it was an awards tank. I never paid attention to that $hite. It was removed, I emailed WG to say I'll take a refund of $$, not gold, I wanted my money back.

I received gold....and the tank back.

to say I didn't earn it, would be to say I didn't earn the money at my job that was spent. I didn't WIN it for whatever the event was that's true. The tank sits, gets taken out for a spin occasionally. And BTW I was given the M-60 too, I don't know why. But I do know when I've played it I had 13 tankers wishing that I'd FOAD very quickly. 

tcamp48 #2771 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 76374 battles
  • [III-S]

Like others, I was given the tank and have no idea why. Yes, I've spent some cash like everyone from time to time but I've also participated in contests and been vocal with WG upon occasion and have been here since the beginning. I can tell you this, as far as the forums go, two things have brought this place to another level. Not necessarily bad but down to another level. The whole debacle over the M60 and update 3.H8t.

This forum was more vibrant, alive and thriving with enthusiasm back in the day. Tank Boom was going strong. Sure there have been other smaller issues but it's just not the same anymore. It's depressing. All this over a digital tank, bad marketing portrayal and apparent lack of WG support. I don't even play the M60 that much. My WR in it, is pathetic. I win 3 then I lose 3. It's a good ride but everyone still jumps on it. I'd like to practice more but tier X isn't really that enjoyable for me. So many narcissist unicum players out there that do nothing but throw insults. Not my idea of a good time. I'd much rather play tier VII and VIII. Much better attitudes in my humble opinion. Yes, I have an M60, thank you WG....but it'll remain mainly a collectible museum piece.

Edited by tcamp48, 07 January 2018 - 05:31 PM.

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!

RoadKutter #2772 Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:58 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 41724 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 05 January 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

Not really, because I had got something I should not have.  its not theft, bait and switch at all.  It was for once an honest mistake and those who purchased the Fearless new they were buying something that be on sale.  I saw all the threads on here "quick the Fearless is on sale, buy it before they realise"  

Im guessing the only reason your defending it is because you are one of those who bought it and feel entitled to keep it.......

Good for you that you got one. It was a mistake that it went on sale,  it yeah people did do a mad rush to buy it! Me, I was like “who needs another IS6”? 

And no I did not buy it. So far the only beta, special or rare tank that has not been sold by WG (although it almost happened once) is the RU beta tester KV220.

Ghosting reds since 2014

Motorbreath_ #2773 Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:14 PM

I have taken the first napkin

• Players
  • 26707 battles
  • [_V_]

View Post_Pandageddon, on 06 January 2018 - 02:46 AM, said:

The 40%ers got to the M60 before I did...

DerpytrollerZ #2774 Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10437 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View PostRoadKutter, on 08 January 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

Good for you that you got one. It was a mistake that it went on sale,  it yeah people did do a mad rush to buy it! Me, I was like “who needs another IS6”? 

And no I did not buy it. So far the only beta, special or rare tank that has not been sold by WG (although it almost happened once) is the RU beta tester KV220.

​It was in an event on the asia server actually I think.

F*** WG am i right?

_Crusader6_ #2775 Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PosttheFANTASTICfox, on 08 January 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

The 40%ers got to the M60 before I did...

Many already had it. 

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

NICKEL_AND_DIME #2776 Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:14 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 57168 battles
  • [III]

View PostVikkoTheTusken, on 05 January 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

If the Fearless incident resulted the way it did, where is the complete and thorough reimbursement of all equipment lost due to spare parts?(and subsequent apology like above) I still haven't been able to kit out all of my favorite tanks. Sure, I play them and do well in them but - I'm still at a handicap and a burden on my team.

The Jawas got involved, and are the new middle man entity on your Hutt-ruled desert sands paradise. They are relentless hoarders of spare parts, and you never know how long the timer will be before they drive their large tracked garage sale to your neighborhood. 

VikkoTheTusken #2777 Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:01 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19235 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 08 January 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

The Jawas got involved, and are the new middle man entity on your Hutt-ruled desert sands paradise. They are relentless hoarders of spare parts, and you never know how long the timer will be before they drive their large tracked garage sale to your neighborhood. 

The Hutts are honorless interlopers.

[Edit] The Hutts are gangsters.

Edited by VikkoTheTusken, 08 January 2018 - 10:08 PM.

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

My presence here on the forums is over. You can find me at the links above and on various Discord servers. If you're curious or feel like trolling, peruse [This Thread]

Ookla_the_Mok #2778 Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

VCR is Peak Tech

• Players
  • 28800 battles
  • [BRSKT]
Ban Vikko for posting a prequel reference.

BRSKT Discord - Now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.
Alternatively you can check out
 [BRSKT]  

VikkoTheTusken #2779 Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:16 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19235 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 08 January 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

Ban Vikko for posting a prequel reference.

You know what, thats a valid comment. Shame on me for referenceing that tripe. +1 to you.

but - the prequels were still better than this awful Disney fan fiction on the big screen these days. When do the actual movies come out?

:trollface:

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

My presence here on the forums is over. You can find me at the links above and on various Discord servers. If you're curious or feel like trolling, peruse [This Thread]

G0ClimbAR0ck #2780 Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:03 AM

Snoopy's Sopwith Camel

• Players
  • 69004 battles
  • [WEAK]

View PostVikkoTheTusken, on 08 January 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

You know what, thats a valid comment. Shame on me for referenceing that tripe. +1 to you.

but - the prequels were still better than this awful Disney fan fiction on the big screen these days. When do the actual movies come out?

:trollface:

Idk, at least Rogue One was pretty legit; ending led perfectly in to A New Hope.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users