M60 Quick Overview

M60 Better than an M48 In every way Quick guide :^) Better than M48 notices free tank owo whats this

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Zennosha #1 Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:42 AM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24078 battles
  • [ANEKI]

M60 Quick Overview

(and Comparison to M48 Patton)

(American Tier X Gift Medium Tank)

Key Points:

-Basically a better M48 Patton

-Paper hull

-Meaty American Tracks

-Troll turret, but not 100% reliable

-Superb gun depression

-Given away on 12/22/16 to 40%er noobs only (according to the forums)

Gun:

Parameters: M60 (105mm Gun M68) M48 (105mm Gun M68)
Base DPM: 2844 2815
Max DPM: 3417 3382

Gun Handling:

Base Aim Time: 1.73 1.92
Max Aim Time: 1.44 1.60
Base Dispersion: 0.34 0.35
Max Dispersion: 0.31 0.32
Depression Elevation: -10/+20 -9/+19

-Only when comparing shell dynamics are these tanks exactly the same

• 350 alpha
  • Standard (APCR) 268 pen
  • Unicum Rounds (HEAT) 350 pen
  • Noob Rounds (HE) 53 pen

-As you can see, when it comes to the armament, the M60 wins in every regard

-The handling is amazing, there is no real need to aim, just snapshot all day

-Amazing gun depression (-10º ), it is possible to poke hills better and expose less of the tank when compared to the M48 that has -9º of gun depression (1º really makes a difference, think T-62a vs. Obj. 140)

Armor:

Hull Armor Thickness: M60 Hull: M48 Hull:
Front: 93mm 110mm
Side: 73mm 76m
Rear: 25mm 35mm
Turret Armor Thickness:    
Front: 178mm 178mm
Side: 76mm 76mm
Rear: 51mm 51mm

-This is where the M60 takes the L

-The hull armor is basically paper when compared to the M48, the M48 has a very well rounded front upper glacis and can bounce some very odd shots off of it, the M60 on the other has a very flat and not rounded front, not to mention almost being 20mm thinner. If you ever bounce a shell off the hull consider yourself lucky

-Both have American Thick McDonald's Meaty Tracks which means sidescraping and baiting are possible because of the size of the tracks. They eat most shells when angled correctly.

-When it comes to the turret, theoretically they should be exactly the same, and have the same kind of bounces. As far as I've seen the headlight is not a hitbox, but don't quote me on that

-Staying hull down and moving your turret back and forth is the best course of action (for both tanks)

Mobility:

Parameters: M60: M48:
Engine:  Continental AVDS-1790-2 (750hp) Continental AVDS-1790-7B (810hp)
P2W: 16.27hp/t 17.05hp/t
Base Track Traverse: 51.01dps 52.15dps
Max Track Traverse: 61.45dps 62.82dps
Base Turret Traverse: 43.81dps 41.72dps
Max Turret Traverse: 52.12dps 49.63dps

-So what do these numbers mean? When it comes to mobility it's a bit of a give and take between the two

-Are you looking for a tank that accelerates marginally better? Then the M48 is for you. WIth a better P2W Ratio it handles on terrain just a bit better and moves back and forth just a small bit better.

-Are you looking for a tank that is just marginally more agile? The the M60 is for you. It may have a slower track traverse but it surely makes up for it in turret traverse, and overall is 1.12dps faster. 

-Overall the mobility differences are what I would consider marginal, and mostly up to preference

Quick Tips:

-The M60 is known for being the most scandalous tank known to man. But that has nothing to do with how it plays. It's a very well rounded medium with nice DPM, and IMO is a better M48 Patton.

• The -10 degrees of gun depression allow for you to use hills, mounds, and mountains in ways you would have never thought possible. When coming up to a hill, scope in, and make sure your aim point barely reaches over the crest line. With some of the more steeper grade hills it may be very difficult for enemies to hit the turret weakspots located under and to the sides of the mantlet
  • When you do find hills or mounds that you like, remember that the turret is far from invincible, it is just trollish, either quickly pop over the hill, fire, and hide, or if the hill doesn't allow it, make sure to move the turret from side to side to make hitting the cupola and weakspots difficult to hit
  • Stay in a position with multiple targets available, and never let that gun get cold. The DPM can disassemble an enemy quite quickly but always keep more than one target available. This does not mean yolo rush into enemies groups, keep your distance but find key positions with mulitple fire lanes
  • With a 6.1 sec max reload it is possible to also permatrack most enemy heavies that don't carry 2 repairs
  • The M60 is not a brawler, don't expect to rush a 140 and win. It's a nice mid-range medium that can take advantage of its meaty tracks to sidescrape and its decent turret to play a bit of hulldown.
  • If you do ever find yourself rushing an enemy and have no cover, serpentine. The meaty tracks can quite a few times eat a shell and take no damage, although you should never rely on this tactic as it can fail and you'll end up being tracked and hurt. 
  • If you have to brawl, keep at a staggered angle from them, never go straight on head-to-head. At a staggered angle the enemy will have a very broad angle of your tracks and is likely to have shells eaten by tracks. Also always follow their gun with your gun when at all possible, it greatens the chance of them hitting your mantlet, instead of your butter side turret

Other:

Stuff: M60: M48:
HP: 1900 1850
Credit Coefficient: 80% 81.7%
Level of Koolness: 420/69 6/10

-One very important thing to note, even though the M60 is better than the M48 in most aspects, it also receives 50HP more. That little bit can mean a world of difference.

-It also for some reason makes a wee bit less credits than the normal M48

-Since it's an awesome WG gift with 2 special camos nothing gets Kooler than it. :B

Equipment:

-Gun Rammer 

-Ventilation 

-Vertical Stabilizer

-This is my classic loadout for all mediums and heavies, whether you agree or disagree, it brings me the best overall results

Provisions:

-Big Cola 10%

-Big Fuel 10%

-Small Cola 3%

-Make your tank the best it can be

Ammo:

-30 APCR (A healthy amount of normal rounds)

-24 HEAT (Make sure to always have lots of unicum rounds)

-3 HE (I rarely use HE, so I don't see a need for any more than this)

Consumables:

-Multi-Repair

-Adrenaline (who doesn't want a 5.7 sec reload on a 350 alpha gun? You can out shoot an angry 140 who doesn't have adrenaline)

-Repair Kit (Lots of ammo rack damage and if you bait shots you will need to fix your tracks quite a bit)

-Camo (mediums should always have a cool camo)

Spoiler

Cost to Play:

-It is your everyday tier X medium with a mediocre 80% credit coefficient. When you deck it out to the 9s with provisions, lots of unicum rounds, camo and everything nice it hardly makes a profit, unless you complete a mission. I normally lose between 5 to 15k credits a game. Not really too bad.

Personal Opinion:

-Do you want me to talk about how I feel about the "M60 Crisis?" Well too bad, that's not what this guide is made for. It's an amazing gift from WG, I'm glad I got it, that's about it. As I've said before, it's basically a better M48, it makes a few less credits, but overall its very reliable and fun to play.

How I'm Doing So Far:

-Meh, not too well, but it's fun.

25 Game Stats:
Damage Record (this will hold for like a few days):

Questions & Comments?

-Please feel free to ask more specialized questions below, situations, tactics, etc.

Edited by Zennobaka, 24 December 2016 - 04:08 PM.

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

(~・・)~ Aussie is Awesome ~(・・~)

Check my profile for your ANIME needs or PM me!

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

arandomguy_1 #2 Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6987 battles
  • [DRS14]
This is actually a great overview, not for me though because WG thinks someone who spends around $1000 isn't loyal enough 

Professional potato

proud owner of a garage, some carrots and a paper airplane 

Stats: potato tanks: don't want to count premiums: way too many to list

Playing since day one and still haven't broken overall potato 

Zennosha #3 Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:48 AM

• Players
  • 24078 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View Postarandomguy_1, on 24 December 2016 - 12:46 AM, said:

This is actually a great overview, not for me though because WG thinks someone who spends around $1000 isn't loyal enough 

This is a overview, I don't want that drama here.

arandomguy_1 #4 Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6987 battles
  • [DRS14]

View PostZennobaka, on 24 December 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

This is a overview, I don't want that drama here.

Sorry, I understand, I'm just feeling a little suicidal is all (I actually do) but all that aside I commend you for the overview, very in depth

+1

Professional potato

BigPoppaBender #5 Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:52 AM

Professional Edgelord

• Players
  • 23544 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Forgot to mention how it upsets people that didn't get one, not impressed, but I'll still give it a +1 cause I feel sorry :)

arandomguy_1 #6 Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6987 battles
  • [DRS14]

View PostBigPoppaBender, on 24 December 2016 - 07:52 AM, said:

Forgot to mention how it upsets people that didn't get one, not impressed, but I'll still give it a +1 cause I feel sorry :)

it's not about that some people just didn't get one, it's about all of the less than 1000 battle, 30% WR accounts that qualified 

Professional potato

Dan_Deerso #7 Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:56 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 13494 battles
  • [MOMS]
Beat out my record, but awesome game. Great overview too.

T-34 (2nd), Type 98 Ke-Ni (3rd), Pz. IV Schmalturm (4th) A-20 (6th)T34 Independance (6th), T69 (8th), Angry Connor (8th)T110E4 (9th), Ram II (9th)

Top 100: KV-2, Cruiser Mk. IV, Spähpanzer Ru 251, T-46, Spähpanzer SP I C, M4A2E4 Sherman, Type 5 Chi-Ri, VK 16.02 Leopard, M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo, T-54 ltwt., Pz.Kpfw. V/IV, Helsing HO, SU-152, SU-100M1, T54E1, Hetzer, T34

SieurPersil #8 Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:01 AM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 23178 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Very well written and explained. +1 to you :honoring:

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

Zennosha #9 Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:06 AM

• Players
  • 24078 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View Postarandomguy_1, on 24 December 2016 - 12:50 AM, said:

Sorry, I understand, I'm just feeling a little suicidal is all (I actually do) but all that aside I commend you for the overview, very in depth

+1

Don't let the game get to you like that, go hug your parents or something, if you feel that way just do everything in your power to stay as far away from the game as possible. I know taking a few month long break has really helped me get away from all those terrible feelings when playing this game. 

Edited by Zennobaka, 24 December 2016 - 08:06 AM.

Subtlepro #10 Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:36 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27089 battles
  • [GRMPS]

Great review,  just what I was looking for!

And it was Kool also.

I may hit you up later for tips...I Don t have time to play it due to work & holidays.

Thanks and Merry christmas to all.

KNIGHTOFWARZ

_Catsro #11 Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11181 battles
  • [FLOOP]

View PostZennobaka, on 24 December 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:

M60 Quick Overview

(and Comparison to M48 Patton)

(American Tier X Gift Medium Tank)

Key Points:

-Basically a better M48 Patton

-Paper hull

-Meaty American Tracks

-Troll turret, but not 100% reliable

-Superb gun depression

-Given away on 12/22/16 to 40%er noobs only (according to the forums)

Gun:

Parameters: M60 (105mm Gun M68) M48 (105mm Gun M68)
Base DPM: 2844 2815
Max DPM: 3417 3382

Gun Handling:

Base Aim Time: 1.73 1.92
Max Aim Time: 1.44 1.60
Base Dispersion: 0.34 0.35
Max Dispersion: 0.31 0.32
Depression Elevation: -10/+20 -9/+19

-Only when comparing shell dynamics are these tanks exactly the same

• 350 alpha
  • Standard (APCR) 268 pen
  • Unicum Rounds (HEAT) 350 pen
  • Noob Rounds (HE) 53 pen

-As you can see, when it comes to the armament, the M60 wins in every regard

-The handling is amazing, there is no real need to aim, just snapshot all day

-Amazing gun depression (-10º ), it is possible to poke hills better and expose less of the tank when compared to the M48 that has -9º of gun depression (1º really makes a difference, think T-62a vs. Obj. 140)

Armor:

Hull Armor Thickness: M60 Hull: M48 Hull:
Front: 93mm 110mm
Side: 73mm 76m
Rear: 25mm 35mm
Turret Armor Thickness:    
Front: 178mm 178mm
Side: 76mm 76mm
Rear: 51mm 51mm

-This is where the M60 takes the L

-The hull armor is basically paper when compared to the M48, the M48 has a very well rounded front upper glacis and can bounce some very odd shots off of it, the M60 on the other has a very flat and not rounded front, not to mention almost being 20mm thinner. If you ever bounce a shell off the hull consider yourself lucky

-Both have American Thick McDonald's Meaty Tracks which means sidescraping and baiting are possible because of the size of the tracks. They eat most shells when angled correctly.

-When it comes to the turret, theoretically they should be exactly the same, and have the same kind of bounces. As far as I've seen the headlight is not a hitbox, but don't quote me on that

-Staying hull down and moving your turret back and forth is the best course of action (for both tanks)

Mobility:

Parameters: M60: M48:
Engine:  Continental AVDS-1790-2 (750hp) Continental AVDS-1790-7B (810hp)
P2W: 16.27hp/t 17.05hp/t
Base Track Traverse: 51.01dps 52.15dps
Max Track Traverse: 61.45dps 62.82dps
Base Turret Traverse: 43.81dps 41.72dps
Max Turret Traverse: 52.12dps 49.63dps

-So what do these numbers mean? When it comes to mobility it's a bit of a give and take between the two

-Are you looking for a tank that accelerates marginally better? Then the M48 is for you. WIth a better P2W Ratio it handles on terrain just a bit better and moves back and forth just a small bit better.

-Are you looking for a tank that is just marginally more agile? The the M60 is for you. It may have a slower track traverse but it surely makes up for it in turret traverse, and overall is 1.12dps faster. 

-Overall the mobility differences are what I would consider marginal, and mostly up to preference

Quick Tips:

-The M60 is known for being the most scandalous tank known to man. But that has nothing to do with how it plays. It's a very well rounded medium with nice DPM, and IMO is a better M48 Patton.

• The -10 degrees of gun depression allow for you to use hills, mounds, and mountains in ways you would have never thought possible. When coming up to a hill, scope in, and make sure your aim point barely reaches over the crest line. With some of the more steeper grade hills it may be very difficult for enemies to hit the turret weakspots located under and to the sides of the mantlet
  • When you do find hills or mounds that you like, remember that the turret is far from invincible, it is just trollish, either quickly pop over the hill, fire, and hide, or if the hill doesn't allow it, make sure to move the turret from side to side to make hitting the cupola and weakspots difficult to hit
  • Stay in a position with multiple targets available, and never let that gun get cold. The DPM can disassemble an enemy quite quickly but always keep more than one target available. This does not mean yolo rush into enemies groups, keep your distance but find key positions with mulitple fire lanes
  • With a 6.1 sec max reload it is possible to also permatrack most enemy heavies that don't carry 2 repairs
  • The M60 is not a brawler, don't expect to rush a 140 and win. It's a nice mid-range medium that can take advantage of its meaty tracks to sidescrape and its decent turret to play a bit of hulldown.
  • If you do ever find yourself rushing an enemy and have no cover, serpentine. The meaty tracks can quite a few times eat a shell and take no damage, although you should never rely on this tactic as it can fail and you'll end up being tracked and hurt. 
  • If you have to brawl, keep at a staggered angle from them, never go straight on head-to-head. At a staggered angle the enemy will have a very broad angle of your tracks and is likely to have shells eaten by tracks. Also always follow their gun with your gun when at all possible, it greatens the chance of them hitting your mantlet, instead of your butter side turret

Other:

Stuff: M60: M48:
HP: 1900 1850
Credit Coefficient: 80% 81.7%
Level of Koolness: 420/69 6/10

-One very important thing to note, even though the M60 is better than the M48 in most aspects, it also receives 50HP more. That little bit can mean a world of difference.

-It also for some reason makes a wee bit less credits than the normal M48

-Since it's an awesome WG gift with 2 special camos nothing gets Kooler than it. :B

Equipment:

-Gun Rammer 

-Ventilation 

-Vertical Stabilizer

-This is my classic loadout for all mediums and heavies, whether you agree or disagree, it brings me the best overall results

Provisions:

-Big Cola 10%

-Big Fuel 10%

-Small Cola 3%

-Make your tank the best it can be

Ammo:

-30 APCR (A healthy amount of normal rounds)

-24 HEAT (Make sure to always have lots of unicum rounds)

-3 HE (I rarely use HE, so I don't see a need for any more than this)

Consumables:

-Multi-Repair

-Adrenaline (who doesn't want a 5.7 sec reload on a 350 alpha gun? You can out shoot an angry 140 who doesn't have adrenaline)

-Repair Kit (Lots of ammo rack damage and if you bait shots you will need to fix your tracks quite a bit)

-Camo (mediums should always have a cool camo)

Spoiler

Cost to Play:

-It is your everyday tier X medium with a mediocre 80% credit coefficient. When you deck it out to the 9s with provisions, lots of unicum rounds, camo and everything nice it hardly makes a profit, unless you complete a mission. I normally lose between 5 to 15k credits a game. Not really too bad.

Personal Opinion:

-Do you want me to talk about how I feel about the "M60 Crisis?" Well too bad, that's not what this guide is made for. It's an amazing gift from WG, I'm glad I got it, that's about it. As I've said before, it's basically a better M48, it makes a few less credits, but overall its very reliable and fun to play.

How I'm Doing So Far:

-Meh, not too well, but it's fun.

25 Game Stats:
Damage Record (this will hold for like a few days):

Questions & Comments?

-Please feel free to ask more specialized questions below, situations, tactics, etc.

We really need to tell this to noob players in order for them to improve. Unfortunately, teaching noobs would be like talking to a brick wall. :/

"S*** CLAN U KILL ME! 1V1 ME!"  - Banzai

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left"  - Bertrand Russsell

Augustus_GoldNoob_Sohn #12 Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:45 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 12785 battles
  • [III-H]
Very nice, Zen. I'm struggling in it and I don't know why. I have it set up exactly like you do and I've lost 200k and most of my games. 

Unifying TRIARII factors:

1.How much money we've spent on this game (not to mention the new parking garage required for all of our M 60's)

2. The amount of alcohol consumed while playing tanks. 

3. How much fun we have with, and at the expense of, each other

DeathWatchKT #13 Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6807 battles
  • [MRKVM]
Very nice overview, but what most people seem to overlook about the M60 is that it has the best view range out of all Tier X meds.    Setting up on a hill with binocs can work wonders.

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #14 Posted 24 December 2016 - 10:52 AM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 42655 battles
  • [RNSF]

Nice guide, dank memes, absolutely beast game for the record m8.

Only had a few games so far, and other than the game where I got picked off across the map by a 183, its been fun. 

View PostZIoydd, on 01 August 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

At the moment, you should forget about the M60.
-just getting a handle on the controls, playing with a broken mouse-

Barquentine #15 Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17846 battles
  • [JFGF]
Thanks for this review. I've got one and want to figure out how to play it before I go out there too often and make my team die. This helps a lot

Zennosha #16 Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:00 PM

• Players
  • 24078 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View Post_F0RSAKEN, on 24 December 2016 - 02:06 AM, said:

Very nice overview, but what most people seem to overlook about the M60 is that it has the best view range out of all Tier X meds.    Setting up on a hill with binocs can work wonders.

It's actually tied with the M48 Patton and STB-1. So binocs could work, but I like to play more aggressive than that. 

Lmsd123 #17 Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:13 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35604 battles
  • [JFGF]
Thanks for the review, +1

Goat_Rodeo #18 Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11954 battles
  • [III-X]
Awsome guide, and thanks for the hard work Zen'. I just wish our tanks could merge between PC and mobile accounts since I received one too, but would love it in bigger maps. 

Edited by Goat_Rodeo, 24 December 2016 - 04:38 PM.

goat_rodeo_leo_eng.jpeg

VICTIM OF THE GREAT 3.H8 BELARUSIAN THROW OF 2017. 

#NOTMYUPDATE 

Goat_Rodeo #19 Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11954 battles
  • [III-X]

View PostAugustus_Sohn_Prime, on 24 December 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:

Very nice, Zen. I'm struggling in it and I don't know why. I have it set up exactly like you do and I've lost 200k and most of my games. 

Have you been continuously focus fired? It would be the all too real red headed step child right now. I'd like to take it out but afraid I'd have to CHAI snipe the entire game away. 

goat_rodeo_leo_eng.jpeg

VICTIM OF THE GREAT 3.H8 BELARUSIAN THROW OF 2017. 

#NOTMYUPDATE 

Russ56 #20 Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9918 battles
  • [III-S]

Thanks Zennobaka,  great review on the M60.  I'm sure it will help a lot of us to improve in this tank. 

Community Pledge Signer,

MSgt USAF Retired

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users