Question and seeking rational responses

PC Touch Kbm tablet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Eli_Sims #1 Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:14 PM

Private

• Players
  • 87 battles

I realize from another thread on auto aim that this whole topic might be contentious so I'm asking more for rational help and advice rather than flame.  I have access to both PC through steam and also my iPad air 2.  I found this game on my iPad Air that I got for Christmas but I am wondering if it would not be better to learn both control modes or to try to stick with  either the mobile/touch control  or the PC control for WoTBlitz?  I am fascinated by the idea of having this game on my tablet wherever I go but it is a transition because I did originally come to Wot through the old version which I won't go back to due to the arty and other factors.   I like this game despite almost not wanting to because of my experience with the old WoT and am willing to try to retrain muscle memory for touch screen or relearn old WoT keystroke/mouse pattersns if either would be better in the long term.  Rational thoughts appreciated.   

Edited by Eli_Sims, 29 December 2016 - 06:15 PM.

7sfokkens #2 Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4721 battles
  • [JPNSS]
I have had to learn this, I play on a mac with a keyboard and touchpad (no mouse  LOLOLOLOL) (and I am actually good without the mouse... ????). I also play on a iPhone 4s with a super tiny screen. Then I go play on an iPad pro which has a massive screen. It was hard at first, but once you catch on it is really easy. It pays to learn on multiple platforms.

BorisBaddenov #3 Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:19 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 28142 battles
  • [SPUD]

Play on the iPad.  While there might be some type of auto-aim advantage with KBM, I think that most of us here would tell you that we don't notice it.

Good luck-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

reluctanttheist #4 Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:41 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 32522 battles
  • [III-H]

Hey Eli - your choice.  If you're an older player like me, the bigger screen is awesome.  Mobile is nice - you can take it with you for sure, provided the network you connect to gives you low enough ping.  Since you're a rational guy, make sure you subscribe to Blitz Youtube channels like Bushka, Anon, Msixteen and others to increase your knowledge of the game.

Like WoT, in Blitz knowledge is power!

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

olddatsunfan #5 Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34394 battles
I prefer mobile and will stick with it if I can find myself an Android Tablet with a screen the size of an IPad or so.  Right now I'm playing on a Nvidia Shield and the performance is solid, but, the screen is smaller than I prefer!  My nephew prefers his gaming desktop and is reasonably good with it, but, I haven't tried the transition yet myself ...  I've tried the larger Windows tablets, but, somehow, they don't work for me with blitz using the touchscreen ....
QO6Y0A8.gif

WarHammer701 #6 Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14015 battles
  • [NUXZ]
There is no advantage with auto aim on pc. I don't care what you say.
1011700835.png

_War_Child_ #7 Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35870 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 29 December 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

Play on the iPad.  While there might be some type of auto-aim advantage with KBM, I think that most of us here would tell you that we don't notice it.

Good luck-

Boris

This common misconception has been proven WRONG on numerous occasions. You use auto-aim in PC, you die.

View PostJaggedPanda, on 29 December 2016 - 02:24 PM, said:

There is no advantage with auto aim on pc. I don't care what you say.

Truth.

On the OP's question, I think mobile is far better to play and master.  I have to sit at my computer in my office or at home to play.  That takes me away from so many other things and is not convenient.  If I could play a mobile device, I WOULD.

Eli_Sims #8 Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:29 AM

Private

• Players
  • 87 battles
Thank you for all the replies in the good advice I do appreciate it and will try to follow it

Also tagged with PC, Touch, Kbm, tablet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users