M48 Patton Review (My first Review might switch some stuff)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

RaptorJet09 #1 Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19684 battles

Ok, before we start with the review I just want to say this is my FIRST review so yeah.

Grinding the Line Before the M48 Patton

So this part is going to be about the grind and how should you do it. Might take a while till we make it to the actual tank. So lets begin. When you start off as a T1 Cunningham, it might be a bad tank, but it can be a good tank if you use it right rather than just run and gunning like a complete lunatic. So after you get there, you get the T2 Medium. This tank is pretty good when I started playing my first time in World Of Tanks Blitz. It's a medium unlike the other Russian line which is a light tank still. So this tank isn't that bad unless you get derped on the T18. The grind for the M2 Medium is pretty easy to don't worry about that. Then we hit the M2 Medium which was my favorite tank for its tier because of the derp gun. It acts like a medium but its a bit high. Grinding it is pretty easy with premium. Might take a hour depending on how good you do and if you have a premium account which I would recommended. After that, comes the M3 Lee. The Lee is a weird tank I've seen and I didn't like it due to it having a Tank Destroyer play style. It had the top gun which made you so weak so peeking is basically useless. Didn't like this tank at all and good like passing it. Now comes the famous M4 Sherman. This tank was a great tank for me and fun to use before they make tier 3 not pair up with tier 5. Because I go derping people with it :trollface:. Ok now back on topic, this tank is a great tank after the painful grind of the M3 Lee. After that, comes a similar one called the M4A3E8. This tank is basically the M4 Sherman but a bit different so yeah. Now comes the T20. Didn't like this tank as much as the Shermans. It had pretty weak turret and hull armor. But great APCR penetration. Try not to get shot at. Here comes the M26 Pershing. This tank changed my game. I don't literally mean change but my play style. Really great tank to use especially hull down for me. Unless the matchmaking is bad. So lets move on to one of my favorite tank which is the M46 Patton. The grind..... I just can't speak. So its a VERY PAINFUL GRIND! If you don't free xp it. I didn't which made the grind horrible for me. If you did, you sir, are lucky. Now when you get all maxed out, this tank is such a beast IF used correctly. I'll tell you guys how to use them right. Now here you are here for the M48 Patton.....

Getting the M48 Patton at First

Right when you get this tank, try to free xp the gun. Because its horrible to play with a M46 Patton gun on tier 10 battles. Also get a 75% crew so it makes it easier. Try to get them fast. So when I gotten this tank, I was so excited but I had to grind the gun again :sad:. Yeah I know, it sucked to grind the gun which made my battles extremely hard. But after getting all the equipment, 100% crew, and gun, this tank was like :izmena:. Yup, it was great. So this is what you gotta do when you first get it. Step 1. Free xp the gun, if not, prepare for a hard grind. Step 2. Try to get a 100% crew which makes it the M48 Patton a beast, if not go back to Step 1 and read the last part. Step 3. Try to get equipment so it makes your life X1000 better, again, if not, go back to Step 1 and read the last part. Step 4. Obviously, consumables the next paragraph will tell you what I would recommend. These are the 4 Steps to do first before battling.

How to Play the M48 Patton and Other Stuff

So this is what I would recommend for your gear before battling: Shells are 44 APCR (Don't worry its 1,000 per a shell not like 4,000) 10 HEAT, and 3 HE. This is what I use. Now with the consumables: If you want hardcore fighting and trying to win it would be Case Of Cola, Multi Kit. and Repair Kit (I would use Case Of Cola rather than Adrenaline because its 30 seconds when Case Of Cola is forever. If you are grinding use this: Multi Kit, Repair Kit, and First Aid Kit. Now to the equipment, this is my recommended setup: Gun Rammer(One of the best equipment because reloading is much better), Vents(You can switch it out for Coated Optics if you want to), and Vertical Stabilzer(Sorry for miss spelling, also this is good for run and gun and for circling). So this is the stuff I would use for this tank. Now with the playing the tank and weaknesses. How to play this tank: flank with at least a person that is the same tier so you can be safer. Depending on the map, you have a choice to either flank or support in the front lines since you can. Flanking is more effective if the map is like Fort Despair. Supporting is when there isn't many tanks on front lines because I saw a Jagpanzer E100 all alone on Dead Rail and supported him which made us win. Stay away from tanks with tons of firepower unless you can circle them if nobody supports them, or you can kill them if they are low health. When you brawl a tank, (DO NOT BRAWL TANKS THAT HAVE GOOD ARMOR AND CAN KILL YOU EASILY SUCH AS A IS-7). Something like a T62a, I would recommend you going side to side which can make the person you brawling, difficult to hit you especially if they have Auto Aim. Try to find good flank positions and try not to get shot at. Look at your surroundings so when you flank, a enemy doesn't come behind you. Always have support. Use Heat if you have to. I don't use HE as much but if you can, use it. APCR can get the job done but not in long ranges. Do not try to snipe the whole match but you can a little like on Oasis Palms because APCR loses damage over range. Also, circle if you have to. Sidescraping works with this tank it can absorb really good with the tracks. The M48 as weird armor but can have bounces. So lets do the last topic, weaknesses. This tank isn't the best hull down due to the cupola and other stuff. The cupola is a very bad thing because people can see you barely while you can't see them try not to reveal your cupola when you are behind a hill. Like I said, beware of your surroundings because your cupola might be peeking and boom you get hit. The angling on this tank is crap so don't try thinking to angle this tank. The size is bigger than a T110E5 barely, as what I have experienced. Ammo Rack is weak so bring in your repair kit to help you. Its not that weak like you get shot and ammo racked. The camo on this tank is crap. Speed isn't the best on this but it can move fast enough This is what I got so far.

What I think about this Tank.

This tank is great when you use It right. It as good damage with good DPM. Pretty good reloading but not fast as the T62A. Solid brawler. Great tank when you flank behind the enemy due to its great damage. People can easily be distracted to this tank use it as your advantage since you have crap camo. Hope you guys liked this review and I'll try to bring new stuff I can do. So far, this is my favorite tank in World Of Tanks Blitz. Good luck, and hope this helped you. :honoring:

SRegs #2 Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6197 battles

Nice review Raptor! Very comprehensive, good points and advice in there regarding the ammo options, consumables and equipment. It's always interesting to see how people spec out their tanks, how it's the same, how it's different and why. I'm grinding the M46 right now myself and in spite of it's weaknesses I really like it. 

Thanks for doing this Raptor!

RaptorJet09 #3 Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19684 battles
Thank you! Glad to help.

thunderthies #4 Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:19 PM

Not a Hoax

• Club Wargaming
  • 14254 battles
Thanks for the review, RaptorJet!

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels

RaptorJet09 #5 Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:34 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19684 battles
No problem!

Radicalo #6 Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5598 battles
  • [RAZ0R]
GJ bruh

Picture of stats not currently working, so I'll do this.

https://wotbstars.co...&geo=NA&lng=eng

GenericMIKE #7 Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:14 AM

The Most Generic Tanker in Blitz

• Players
  • 26297 battles
  • [COFFY]

I'm up to the M26 Pershing 

Any suggestions on how to play that?

You can visit Blitz Guru for current news, updates, map guides, tank guides and more!

Augustus_Sohn #8 Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13380 battles
  • [III-H]
I have been in my JPzE100, waiting for Reds to light up, when all of a sudden, there's this Red zipping back and forth, all over the place.

"Dang it. It's a Patton."

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

RaptorJet09 #9 Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19684 battles

View PostGenericMIKE, on 08 November 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

I'm up to the M26 Pershing

Any suggestions on how to play that?

Its obviously a much better tank than the T20 so this is how to play it. Always have support, never go alone as you can be destroyed pretty easily with your hull armor. You can hull down really good since the turret armor is pretty decent. But again, a tier 9 or 10 can just destroy you. Flank enemies, don't try to be a brawler since you can't handle armor. Your gun isn't that damaging but it fast. Go for weak points on enemies. You can go against other mediums that are same as you or lower than you. Try not to get shot at since you are a medium and don't have much armor. Don't angle your tank try the side by side tactic as it works really well. Depending on the map, always try to help people and not go solo like I said. This tank is very good and I really liked it. Good luck for your grind! :honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users