When Will PC Players Receive Useable Auto-Aim?

PC touch no advantage without a disadvantage farm dmg wise guys realize rip george michael Wham!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

HESHSlingingSplasher #1 Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:16 PM

HESHSlingingSplasher

• Players
  • 18923 battles
  • [NRF]

I acknowledge the faults and advantages of both platforms. I played on an iPad 2 from mid-2014 to late-2015 to which I switched to a smaller iPhone 5S until spring 2016. I began PC Blitz at March 2016 following the introduction of Mac but did not fully switch over until May 2016. I still occasionally play on my phone but appreciate the novelties of PC over mobile yet still missing the comforts of mobile. I have seen the multitude of debate threads over the past weeks and few provide a comprehensive analysis to encompass both facets. 

Yes, PC Blitz does have manual zoom which means an edge in long distance encounters, but that's only if you are able to predict the movements of the enemy team. I saw the Grim vs 501ST match and Pixel's apparent ease in sniping the FV215bs trying to reach the corner in Canal. That seems to be more of an issue in not testing if a 215b can be fast enough to actually reach the spot. Meanwhile, the IS-7 seems to be immune to this issue. However, ignoring this instance, PC does have an advantage in performing this task over mobile with easier preset long range shots. For all other purposes, mobile and PC share the same level of zoom. Mobile has automatic zoom in which the game selects which level of magnification would be best to engage the target. PC lets you use whichever level of zoom is desired, but it is often counterproductive to select the maximum level for a closer range target because a target's constant shifting could unhinge your aim. Nevertheless, PC can engage it whenever it wants to which offers a brief millisecond of preparation. Even then, Pixel's video clearly would've eliminated such a brief moment of preparation because the 215bs were spotted before the Leopard was able to shoot them. In the case of blindshotting, so what if you can manually zoom in? Do you know where the target is? Can you really find where the target is if there's a 300x50 area to choose from? Does zooming in reduce your dispersion? 

As for mobile, the adaptability of auto-aim in allowing for lock-on on any location on a tank provides a valuable asset in close quarter brawling. Oftentimes on PC, I found myself missing shots on targets that move at the last second because of my aim being manual. Why not use PC's unique auto-aim? Well, the center-of-mass lock-on almost negates precision aiming entirely. I am forced to snipe T110E5 cupolas manually without any assistance. I am forced to predict the movements of a hull down Object 140. I am forced to track where a 215b's cupola will shift to. In addition, PC auto-aim is frustrating to even employ and multiple clicks are often required to engage it which mobile can easily switch between targets and turn on and off without a hassle. Mobile is able to enjoy not having to deal with these issues. Still, PC has its merits in attacking fast paper targets such as Leopards where precision aiming is not needed. Nevertheless, mobile auto-aim holds superiority for competitive environments in which assistive aim that allows for lock-on to hull down tanks, because center-of-mass is counterproductive against such tanks. PC users are forced to train themselves to be able to hold ground in brawling engagements. 

What does it boil down to? Just personal preference in deciding how you want to play and what you are willing to sacrifice to be able to have something else. Like IS-6 vs Lowe. Or stick vs automatic. Push or pull (bad example because one is better). Better specs and bigger screen? Newer tablets have better processors than my old iPad 2 which can barely run the game on the lowest settings now. Besides, what can better specs do to improve a game as low end as Blitz? My Mac can run Blitz at 60 FPS and highest graphic settings but struggles with actual PC WoT and WarThunder. iPads have bigger screens than phones and AMX_30B from SEA plays on a tiny phone. Just a case of there's always a bigger fish. So I'm curious to why there has been a recent influx of these threads. Competitive events such as CW1 and CW2 have gone by without complaint even though they allowed for the integration of both platforms. What has caused a surge in complaints?

anonym_is9SLlXKWnO8 #2 Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

Bro . 

I played both keyboard and mouse and also the touch screen devices and I noticed that there is no significant difference between them . 

PC players get good graphics and better sniper mode compared to touch screen Players .

Also,

Touch screen Players get advantage on auto aim .

wannabeunicum #3 Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50275 battles
  • [-MM]

+1

Exactly THERE ARE DISADVANTAGES and advantages to both.

We really don't need the useable autoaim but it is showing the futility of the complainers.

Reluctanthiest gets this the best.

Posit1ve_ #4 Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:04 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 77079 battles
  • [_N_]
I HATE the auto-aim on mobile. I find the center lock on auto aim to be much more reliable and usable. It even leads targets!

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

Stilgar_the_Fremen #5 Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2272 battles
I feel the auto-aim on PC-KB/M is much better than mobile. Right click, and you never lose the Red. Mobile has no such mechanic.

doonglerules #6 Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25244 battles
  • [FOE]
Dunno about you but im pretty sure PC autoaim is better considering it actually leads targets for you sometimes.

HESHSlingingSplasher #7 Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:50 AM

HESHSlingingSplasher

• Players
  • 18923 battles
  • [NRF]

View Postrajkumarukku, on 31 December 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Bro . 

I played both keyboard and mouse and also the touch screen devices and I noticed that there is no significant difference between them . 

PC players get good graphics and better sniper mode compared to touch screen Players .

Also,

Touch screen Players get advantage on auto aim .

That's what I'm saying.

View Postpanzermk6, on 31 December 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

I HATE the auto-aim on mobile. I find the center lock on auto aim to be much more reliable and usable. It even leads targets!

Not in competitive play. Who would lock onto an E100's upper plate?

View PostUS_Agent, on 31 December 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

I feel the auto-aim on PC-KB/M is much better than mobile. Right click, and you never lose the Red. Mobile has no such mechanic.

Refer to my response to panzermk6. In addition, PC auto aim often requires multiple clicks to activate unlike mobile which can easily be activated upon moving the crosshair over a target, even if it is behind a building which is lacking for PC.

View Postdoonglerules, on 31 December 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

Dunno about you but im pretty sure PC autoaim is better considering it actually leads targets for you sometimes.

Not in competitive play.

_bel #8 Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:41 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15787 battles

View Postpanzermk6, on 31 December 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

​I find it to be the opposite.

Also it does not lead targets:facepalm:

Edited by _bel, 01 January 2017 - 02:44 AM.

pm beefhat for custom clan sigs

David_Rish #9 Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17465 battles
  • [FROZE]

View Post_bel, on 31 December 2016 - 08:41 PM, said:

​I find it to be the opposite.

Also it does not lead targets:facepalm:

Wrong kiddo. Yes it does lead targets. There is a thread on this very thing with video proof. Lewl. 

Posit1ve_ #10 Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 77079 battles
  • [_N_]

View Postshiftty, on 31 December 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

That's what I'm saying.

Not in competitive play. Who would lock onto an E100's upper plate?

Refer to my response to panzermk6. In addition, PC auto aim often requires multiple clicks to activate unlike mobile which can easily be activated upon moving the crosshair over a target, even if it is behind a building which is lacking for PC.

Not in competitive play.

No one autoaims in competitive play on PC since aiming is so much better if you're good. Auto aim is for pub matches when you're retreating from a falling flank and you need to focus on driving and not shooting.

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

pasdxd #11 Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:38 PM

Creepy Profile Pic Connoisseur

• Players
  • 21292 battles
  • [SCAMO]

View Postpanzermk6, on 01 January 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

No one autoaims in competitive play on PC since aiming is so much better if you're good. Auto aim is for pub matches when you're retreating from a falling flank and you need to focus on driving and not shooting.

On mobile you can use the lookout mode/auto-aim trick and it will accomplish the same thing. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users