woteam supreacy urrrrrg

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

BrassGun #21 Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:48 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6521 battles
  • [F_O_W]
I dislike Supremacy because it seems to bring the worst out of everyone. Most of the players that use chat in it are high winrate [edited]mongrels who screech noob whenever something goes wrong, because how dare I not run into the enemy team like Leeroy Jenkins?!

Edited by BrassGun, 04 January 2017 - 02:48 AM.

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."

-Heinz Guderian.

"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

BrassGun #22 Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:55 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6521 battles
  • [F_O_W]

View PostLt_gota, on 04 January 2017 - 01:19 AM, said:

I completely agree with this. It wold be a great mode if ppl could change their mind set while playing this mode, and if all noobs had their supremacy off

View Post4100xpb, on 04 January 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Sure there is, prevent them from capping, or better yet cap those bases yourself in the first place.  You didn't lose a game six tanks to one because you didn't kill that last red at the end.  You (and your team) allowed the match to develop to a place where it was no longer possible for you to win at the end by focusing on killing tanks and not managing caps.  The resultant outcome is a feature, not a bug, of this game mode. :harp:

This complaint is just the flipside of the complaint everyone makes about teams in Encounter - "stupid noobs cap instead of focusing on killing reds."  In Supremacy it's "stupid noobs kill reds and ignore the cap timers."  Ignore the victory conditions at your peril.  :honoring:

The issue comes from when you're in a heavy tank, pinned down, and have no safe way to pull out.

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."

-Heinz Guderian.

"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

cheasesteak #23 Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:27 PM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 23539 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostBrassGun, on 04 January 2017 - 02:55 AM, said:

The issue comes from when you're in a heavy tank, pinned down, and have no safe way to pull out.

​Heavy tanks do fine in supremacy, you just need to act rather than react.  If you grab bases early enough, you can protect them and win.  No need to chase down mediums and lights. 

ahredstealth #24 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostKimJongSpoon, on 03 January 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

It's not that I hate it all the time, but some of the time I really hate it. It just seems like there could be some easy fixes to make sure there weren't shallow wins.

You had two opportunities to swing that game more in your favor.  At about... what was it, 3:45 seconds left, instead of calling out for your team mates to cap, you should have gone to cap.  I think it was B...  Letting that cap tick while the TDs were on the other side of the map was a mistake.

Especially seeing as all your tanks were on that side of the map.

After that, making a call for the Leo...  I think a PTA, who went to get cap B to stay in cover and not die...  You guys had tied points, and more bases.  His death and loss of points was pointless.

Last, and more of a long shot, you could have moved back to the other edge of the building, and spotted/shot the Reds who were retaking "C."  Pulling forward where the pipes blocked your shot gave you no shots...  and no way to protect the cap.

So far, the only game I've won in my Panther II is a supremacy game where I could out cap an entire Red team.  If they let me out cap them in a really poorly performing tank, then I think I outplayed them, and it's not my fault that I used the tools at everyone's disposal to win a game.

Also, I disagree with calling "All Left" or "All Right" in a Supremacy battle...  I think it's better if you let it develop more naturally...

But maybe I'm doing it wrong.  I'm no expert.

Just offering another point of view.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

dayton07277 #25 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:25 PM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 32588 battles
  • [CROWN]

View Postdogfightmaster03, on 03 January 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

If you don't like it, turn it off.

Yep.I hate it also.I skip the missions.and keep it off always.

Also tagged with woteam, supreacy, urrrrrg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users