• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Dado_1968 #21 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28303 battles
  • [MOM]

View PostStealiestOfThemAll, on 04 January 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

Hmm... gave you the chance to be honest, but I guess that didn't work out. 

Two videos showing PixelRage on your account doing incredibly well. :)

This post is about you improving as a player and encouraging others to do the same. Good message, but you didn't actually earn your recent stats. 

Shame.

So, you're saying our stats could improve even faster if we get a better player to play our tanks for us?  Doesn't that make stats even more meaningless as a measure of how good a player really is?

"I won't go and complain to the chemistry." - Costa

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

Turd___Ferguson #22 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [0081]

View PostStealiestOfThemAll, on 04 January 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

Hmm... gave you the chance to be honest, but I guess that didn't work out.

Two videos showing PixelRage on your account doing incredibly well. :)

This post is about you improving as a player and encouraging others to do the same. Good message, but you didn't actually earn your recent stats.

Shame.

Let me start by saying the purpose of my post was to inspire others like myself who are struggling to get good.

Yes, you are correct.  Pixel played my m60 for approximately 90 games.  He, like many, didn't get the tank and was eager to try it. I was traveling and wasn't playing so he played it to 100.  In the games I played I was averaging about the same as he was, but no, I didn't have any epic games like his, I did manage two aces. My m60 hasn't been played since 12-28, and I have played every game in my account with the exception of those 90 above, and pixel managed to murder my t57 heavy stats (he played two games there as well).

I have played about 200 games since then. (Yes I have a problem).

Does pixel's game play skew my stats?  Yes.  A lot?  Probably not, I have 32k games.  Have my stats improved from March to November to today? Sure have.  Do I have a right to feel proud?  Yup.  Can I say that this has made me understand why people like o7o7 have left the forums?  Yes.  Has this revelation ruined the intent, purpose, or validity of the thread?  Only you can decide that.

For those of you who still feel somewhat inspired by my thread, I'm glad.  For those of you who feel like I misled you, my apologies.

To Stealy, I'm a little shocked to be honest.  I sent you a PM right after this, but you chose not to respond, so I guess that's that.  My reason for not admitting it is because I feared a ban, but I guess if that's the case I've earned it.  I have updated the OP to reflect the truth.

Edited by Turd___Ferguson, 04 January 2017 - 07:33 PM.

The phantom of the forums

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

Turd___Ferguson #23 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:29 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [0081]

View PostDado_1968, on 04 January 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

So, you're saying our stats could improve even faster if we get a better player to play our tanks for us?  Doesn't that make stats even more meaningless as a measure of how good a player really is?

Yes, my apologies if I misled you.

Edited by Turd___Ferguson, 04 January 2017 - 07:34 PM.

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

dayton07277 #24 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 26730 battles
  • [CROWN]

View PostTurd___Ferguson, on 04 January 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

Let me start by saying the purpose of my post was to insure others like myself who are struggling to get good.

Yes, you are correct.  Pixel played my m60 for approximately 90 games.  He, like many, didn't get the tank and was eager to try it. I was traveling and wasn't playing so he played it to 100.  In the games I played I was averaging about the same as he was, but no, I didn't have any epic games like his, I did manage two aces. My m60 hasn't been played since 12-28, and I have played every game in my account with the exception of those 90 above, and pixel managed to murder my t57 heavy stats (he played two games there as well).

Does pixel's game play skew my stats?  Yes.  A lot?  Probably not, I have 32k games.  Have my stats improved from March to November to today? Sure have.  Do I have a right to feel proud?  Yup.  Can I say that this has made me understand why people like o7o7 have left the forums?  Yes.  Has this revelation ruined the intent, purpose, or validity of the thread?  Only you can decide that.

For those of you who still feel somewhat inspired by my thread, I'm glad.  For those of you who feel like I misled you, my apologies.

To Stealy, I'm a little shocked to be honest.  I sent you a PM right after this, but you chose not to respond, so I guess that's that.  My reason for not admitting it is because I feared a ban, but I guess if that's the cause I've earned it.  I have updated the OP to reflect the truth.

Dude right on and congrats! I am also trying hard to get better!! And yes your stats are not that much affected, with the 100 or so games from Pix.so tank on dude!!

Steeby141 #25 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45234 battles
  • [STEEB]

View PostTurd___Ferguson, on 04 January 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

Let me start by saying the purpose of my post was to insure others like myself who are struggling to get good.

To Stealy, I'm a little shocked to be honest.  I sent you a PM right after this, but you chose not to respond, so I guess that's that.  My reason for not admitting it is because I feared a ban, but I guess if that's the cause I've earned it.  I have updated the OP to reflect the truth.

I gave you the chance to be honest, but you decided to continue your lies. My point wasn't about how much the "90 games" in M60 affected your stats. The only reason I posted the videos and comments was because you failed to be honest after my initial post. 

I did not read your PM until AFTER I made my second post. 

Please don't play the victim role and make me seem like an [edited]when you are the dishonest person here. I am not here to start a fight, but I HATE liars. 

Turd___Ferguson #26 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [0081]

View PostStealiestOfThemAll, on 04 January 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

I gave you the chance to be honest, but you decided to continue your lies. My point wasn't about how much the "90 games" in M60 affected your stats. The only reason I posted the videos and comments was because you failed to be honest after my initial post.

I did not read your PM until AFTER I made my second post.

Please don't play the victim role and make me seem like an [edited]when you are the dishonest person here. I am not here to start a fight, but I HATE liars.

Since I'm also not trying to start a fight, and since I have the utmost respect for you as a player and a member of the forum, and your clan and it's members, I'll just say this.  You are right.  I lied and I didn't own.  My apologies to you personally, and to anyone else who felt/feels mislead, I am not trying to play the victim.

o7 to you and may I only run into you on the green team.

BobboEvans #27 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 42223 battles

View PostTurd___Ferguson, on 04 January 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

Let me start by saying the purpose of my post was to inspire others like myself who are struggling to get good.

To Stealy, I'm a little shocked to be honest.  I sent you a PM right after this, but you chose not to respond, so I guess that's that.  My reason for not admitting it is because I feared a ban, but I guess if that's the case I've earned it.  I have updated the OP to reflect the truth.

Steally can be prickly but he's a good guy.  I Get the purpose of your thread so soldier on. 

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

Steeby141 #28 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45234 battles
  • [STEEB]

View PostTurd___Ferguson, on 04 January 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

Since I'm also not trying to start a fight, and since I have the utmost respect for you as a player and a member of the forum, and your clan and it's members, I'll just say this.  You are right.  I lied and I didn't own.  My apologies to you personally, and to anyone else who felt/feels mislead, I am not trying to play the victim.

o7 to you and may I only run into you on the green team.

I apologize for being rude in my comments also. It wasn't my intention. 

STINGRAY_2020 #29 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 49554 battles
  • [IRONZ]
I don't care if you go dark purple.... You'll always be a Turd. ;P

NA damage record holder for the Jg.Pz.E100 (because I camped and the reds ran into my shells) 

All GRILLES MUST DIE!! 

BobboEvans #30 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 42223 battles

View PostDado_1968, on 04 January 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

Are you answering the siren call of The Society?

My crusade against The Society and their M60 'gift' continues, brother.  I'm always vigilant.  It's the Society as a whole that Needs to be dealt with...  Not necessarily its individual members.  There's good and bad everywhere.

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

bill77_tank_killer #31 Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

Major Snafu

• Players
  • 14827 battles
  • [REVNG]

View PostEFLICK72, on 04 January 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

Im only at about 6.4k games, i hit 52% during Halloween Event, was try'n to hit 53 before end of the year, but only made it to 52.8. Alot can be said about learning to play a tanks strengths. The thing that i think has helped me most (besides watching some vids) is not playing so aggressively at the start.

I'm getting better, but this is still my main problem and drags down my averages (esp when my team stops and decides to camp with me as the bait).

BIitzkriegX #32 Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 130 battles

View PostTurd___Ferguson, on 04 January 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Hope he doesn't mind but here is his original message to me.  Please note I've done most of this, so my stats are now different.  Basically, go through and look at your tanks tier by tier for tier 5 and higher.  If you have any really good star1s on tanks that you have less than 10x the tier # of games, then play enough games to get those star1s to count (they don't count until you hit 10x the tier number).  That's the low hanging fruit.  Once that is done, next go to tanks with really really bad star1s and try and improve them.

Here's his message back in November:

LOL you have 30K games... that makes it much harder to "tweak".

Here's your average Star1 by Tier:

Tier 5 6 7 8 9 10 Total
Value 1.2727 1.291 1.2602 1.2099 1.2538 1.1504  
Weight 0.1282 0.1389 0.1515 0.1833 0.2 0.2167
Weighted 0.1632 0.1793 0.1909 0.2218 0.2508 0.2493 1.2553

Pretty consistent overall.  So what you want to do is look for any tanks that you have which are not 10x their tier which are HIGHER than those averages.  This means it will pull your Star1 up.  That said, you have a TON of tanks over that level... so it's not going to help much.  Alternatively, you can always add "new" tanks to the mix... but looks like you have most tanks already!  Secondly, you want to find tanks that are above the 10x level but way below your average, and "stat fix those".  Remember only tier V and up count...

Quick look... here's the ones I would get to 10x their level (you're way ahead of your average in these tanks) - I'll just do tiers 5 & 6 and then you can figure out the rest...

Tier 5:

Crusader - 2 games away from counting with a 1.37

Anko - Still quite a few to go but you're rocking a 1.69

Tier 6:

MT25 - you're 4 games away with a 1.48

and here's the ones I would buy-back and try to fix.

Tier 5:

M4 - You haven't played this tank in 2 years... you could probably get it purple in maybe 10-15 games, its a really good tank.

Pz4 - Same thing, put the derp on it with some prammo and go to town.

Tier 6:

Comwell - maybe try to work on that Cromwell a bit.

KV1S - great tank, you have a lot of games in it, but I think you'll find this OP with your skills now.

Last thing to remember- 45% of Star1 is based on damage!  So do a lot of damage when you are trying to fix your tanks, AKA use a lot of Prammo if you have to.  AND remember to write down where you are now and then come back and check once you start getting good tanks into the mix and getting your old tanks better!  It will change little by little!

Wow I need to get this o7o7 dude to help me like that too.  I'm rerolling and already having trouble.  Haha.  

ScumbagJuJu #33 Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:35 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25333 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostBIitzkriegX, on 04 January 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

I'm rerolling :child:

Fixed that for you....

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count