I've played four solid days of KBM on the Steam version of Blitz after jumping between the two platforms for months. I have Sniper Mode set to OFF in settings so I must manually zoom in for long shots. With this setting you will have access to 9X magnification anytime you want, not just when an enemy is in your sights. Mobile users also have access to 9X magnification but only when an enemy is being targeted.
- The big screen is nice. Easier to resolve weak spots when sniping. Minimap set to max size.
- I played wired and over wifi. Wired drops about 5-10ms off the ping.
- Few guns do well at sniping - accuracy is pretty bad at long ranges with most guns and targeting those weak spots was iffy at 250m or more. However, accurate guns will work wonders in this mode on KBM
- Autoaim lock on with KBM is trash. Unless your opponent is paper, autoaim is NOT your friend as the reticle always moves to center of mass, and you're shooting at red spots more often than not (this is the same as PC WoT)
- KBM brawling is more challenging. Mobile autoaim is sticky, and excellent at keeping your opponent targeted when you're in a knife fight
- KBM autoaim lock is very strong. It remembers your target much better than mobile. If another tank passes between you and your locked target, you retain lock-on to the original target. You can lock on a target and drive away from it, and you'll still be locked onto it even if it's behind you and not even on your screen. If your target stays visible but is behind a hill or another tank, once it comes back into view your gun will be pointed straight at it again (but center of mass only). If you're making an escape, you can drive away from a red and keep firing at him if you locked onto him. But again, that will only be center of mass and chances of penning those shots are slim.
On the whole, KBM players are disadvantaged compared to their mobile counterparts. It would be nice to see KBM autoaim get on par with what mobile users enjoy. Can anyone confirm if the Mac version of Blitz is similar to Steam / Win10 in terms of aiming behaviour?
Edited by reluctanttheist, 17 January 2017 - 09:25 AM.