KBM

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

reluctanttheist #1 Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 17179 battles
  • [III-H]

I've played four solid days of KBM on the Steam version of Blitz after jumping between the two platforms for months.  I have Sniper Mode set to OFF in settings so I must manually zoom in for long shots.   With this setting you will have access to 9X magnification anytime you want, not just when an enemy is in your sights.  Mobile users also have access to 9X magnification but only when an enemy is being targeted.

• The big screen is nice.  Easier to resolve weak spots when sniping.  Minimap set to max size.
  • I played wired and over wifi.  Wired drops about 5-10ms off the ping.
  • Few guns do well at sniping - accuracy is pretty bad at long ranges with most guns and targeting those weak spots was iffy at 250m or more.  However, accurate guns will work wonders in this mode on KBM
  • Autoaim lock on with KBM is trash.  Unless your opponent is paper, autoaim is NOT your friend as the reticle always moves to center of mass, and you're shooting at red spots more often than not (this is the same as PC WoT)
  • KBM brawling is more challenging.  Mobile autoaim is sticky, and excellent at keeping your opponent targeted when you're in a knife fight
  • KBM autoaim lock is very strong.  It remembers your target much better than mobile.  If another tank passes between you and your locked target, you retain lock-on to the original target.  You can lock on a target and drive away from it, and you'll still be locked onto it even if it's behind you and not even on your screen.  If your target stays visible but is behind a hill or another tank, once it comes back into view your gun will be pointed straight at it again (but center of mass only).  If you're making an escape, you can drive away from a red and keep firing at him if you locked onto him.  But again, that will only be center of mass and chances of penning those shots are slim.

On the whole, KBM players are disadvantaged compared to their mobile counterparts.  It would be nice to see KBM autoaim get on par with what mobile users enjoy.  Can anyone confirm if the Mac version of Blitz is similar to Steam / Win10 in terms of aiming behaviour?

Edited by reluctanttheist, 17 January 2017 - 09:25 AM.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

_stealy #2 Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 38311 battles
  • [PRAMO]

You played 16K battles on mobile. 

How many battles did you play on KBM? 

I played 32K battles on mobile and if I were to switch to KBM now, I have no doubt I will play like a noob. 

VonMiller58 #3 Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:43 PM

Chicken Farmer

• Players
  • 18604 battles
  • [JFGF]

I run on a Mac.

Never use auto aim...made backspace the key to activate auto aim(far from my  E,D,S,F keys which I use for driving the tank)

I click zoom to aim every single shot, because if I don't I get ghost shells or shot just misses....even at very close range....I just don't use arcade mode because it does not work for me at all

I could never make a video because when I am trying to brawl it is a wild game of zooming in to aim shot while driving, then I stop and fire and zoom back out to resume driving the tenk.....It would be horrible for a viewer and they would likely get sick watching it...repeat I zoom before firing every shot even if the tank is like 15 feet from me...I have zoom set to X3 at all times so it is really spazzy looking when you zoom at something so close....I almost always stop my tank to fire my shell, makes me quite a target when brawling close range.

I do this because nothing else worked for me....never played steam version so I don't know anything about it...I think some guys say it looks better visually

Edited by VonMiller58, 04 January 2017 - 06:46 PM.

o...:...:I:...:...o

Leopard_________________ #4 Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11309 battles
I don't get it. Why all the complaints on the forum over KBM? Did something happen? Thank goodness it's not PRAMO complaining about KBM or this forum would lose its sh*t all over again.

jjraidz #5 Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:55 PM

Doggo

• Players
  • 20726 battles
  • [PRAMO]
I've been using KBM and let me tell you it is better than mobile controls by a long shot. Movement is more fluid, as well the Manuel aim is stronger and you don't have to wait for an enemy tank to be spotted to zoom in. I play 2 folds better on PC trust me on it.

In the #1 clan in the North American Cluster

Posit1ve_ #6 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:04 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 26021 battles
  • [IRD]

KB/M players who came from other PC games will tell you far differently. Everything is easier on LB/M. I personally used to play Battlefield on PC so my skills with the mouse are very refined. Unlike mobile, I don't need autoaim to focus on weakspots, and I can manually aim far more reliably.

Also manual zoom is a major advantage over touch controls, and it also makes leading long range targets a breezez

Also I despise mobile auto aim since it's so unreliable. I much prefer the "sticky" PC autoaim.

242 tanks in the garage! (Pretty sure only Crusader6 has a larger garage)

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1 

reluctanttheist #7 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 17179 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postjjraidz, on 04 January 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

I've been using KBM and let me tell you it is better than mobile controls by a long shot. Movement is more fluid, as well the Manuel aim is stronger and you don't have to wait for an enemy tank to be spotted to zoom in. I play 2 folds better on PC trust me on it.

Pre-zooming a location is known strong suit of KBM.  Fluidity is no different though you can be more intentional about your driving since your thumbs can get misplaced, because the mobile UI does allow that.

Stealy, I would say about 500 battles total.  Enough so that the driving via KBM became 2nd nature.

Edited by reluctanttheist, 04 January 2017 - 07:08 PM.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

jkwon126 #8 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15559 battles
  • [HUCK]
I like kbm for being able to turn, move turret and keep a finger on the trigger at the same time.

reluctanttheist #9 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 17179 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postpanzermk6, on 04 January 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

KB/M players who came from other PC games will tell you far differently. Everything is easier on LB/M. I personally used to play Battlefield on PC so my skills with the mouse are very refined. Unlike mobile, I don't need autoaim to focus on weakspots, and I can manually aim far more reliably.

Also manual zoom is a major advantage over touch controls, and it also makes leading long range targets a breezez

Also I despise mobile auto aim since it's so unreliable. I much prefer the "sticky" PC autoaim.

For those who are already KBM players, Blitz on PC is a great option.  Leading long range targets was no different for me on KBM vs mobile (ie equivalent).  Mobile autoaim is occasionally buggy with the reticle sticking to terrain or rocks but on the whole it's quite good.

I presume you use sticky KBM autoaim when the target is soft.  Hard targets would require manual aim.

_stealy #10 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:19 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 38311 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 04 January 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

Stealy, I would say about 500 battles total.  Enough so that the driving via KBM became 2nd nature.

500 battles on PC over four days? 125 battles per day? 

According to wotbstars

500 battles mean you started playing PC Blitz in November. Something doesn't add up. 

Btw, I am not arguing which platform is better. I am questioning how reliable your data is. 

Edited by StealiestOfThemAll, 04 January 2017 - 07:21 PM.

redmanm #11 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:22 PM

Vader's Fist

• Players
  • 15469 battles
  • [501ST]
I don't know why everyone had such a fuss over kbm players. I understand in a tournament everyone should play the same so they are on equal footing. But in your normal everyday game kbm does not have huge advantages as some people were claiming.

cheasesteak #12 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14441 battles
  • [DOGZ]

I play almost exclusively on iPhone 6.  I tried the KBM, and did find it slightly easier after a few games.  I warmed up on slow tanks to get used to the change in controls.  Zoom is awesome.  Driving is easier, particularly switching from forward to reverse quickly - I can't always keep the tank exactly straight with touch controls.  I sometimes miss the fire button on the phone, never with the mouse.  All that said, I still play blitz on the phone.  Its much more comfortable to lay on the couch with the football game (or something) on, or around the rest of the family.  If I go to the effort of sitting down at the computer, I want to play something with a little more graphic appeal than blitz offers.  Playing blitz on PC just seems like such a waste, and the controls are a little better, but not enough to overcome the upside of playing on the phone.

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

and

​Filthy Gold Spamming Seal Clubber

PixelBucket #13 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

Level 90 Loser

• Players
  • 19130 battles
  • [PRT]

KBM autoaim also gives lead automatically.

KBM makes typing and driving much easier.

Wired connections also are much less affected by things that usually affect ping a lot, like video streaming.

My Top Tanks: Lowe (#880), Type 61 (#834), Helsing H0 (#797), Pz. S35 739 (#778), ARL 44 (#661), T7 Car (#654), STB-1 (#502), MT-25 (#442), Excelsior (ironically(#422), M22 Locust (#322), T23E3 (#223), Pz. 38 (t) nA (#211), Alecto (#197), Pz 35 (t) (#168),

T-25 (#166), Stridsvagn 74A2 (#151), Angry Connor (#63!), T-15 (#51!), Pz. 38 (t) (#34!)

In My Garage: T-25, Tetrarch, Pz 38 (t), Pz 35 (t),  SU-122-44, Helsing H0, Kuro Mori Mine, Pz IV Anko SP, E 50 M, T7 Car, T2 Light, Locust, T-15, Stridsvagn 74A2, T23E3, Angry Connor, Lowe, Leopard 1, T25/2, 112, STB-1, AMX M4 45, Chaffee, STA-1, Type 61

Lines I am currently grinding: T110E4 (Currently at T25/2), AMX 50B (Currently at AMX M4 45)

"not concep"

cheasesteak #14 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14441 battles
  • [DOGZ]

One great thing about KBM is that it has lured me back to WoT PC.  After playing blitz on KBM, I decided "what the heck" and updated and fired up WoT.  I played it years ago for 100 battles or so, before I found blitz on my son's phone (my screen name is his gamecenter name that was automatically assigned). I even have a premium (Ram II) that my brother gave me as a gift thinking it was for blitz.  I was a Noob playing tier 5.  LOL.

I sucked two years ago, and am still not great, but after 50-60 games on PC over the last week or so, I am sort of getting into it (and sucking a little less).  I think that I'll reserve the PC for WoT, and the phone for blitz.

One interesting thing is that learning tank weak spots from the in game hitskins in blitz has been very helpful knowing where to shoot in PC. 

Edited by cheasesteak, 04 January 2017 - 07:38 PM.

and

glass2707 #15 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27489 battles
  • [GRIM]

Videos of KB/M players lead me to draw different conclusions than the OP.  On mobile you cannot zoom really at all without a target.  Vs Kb/m competition I was killed on a blind shot across the map(based on the other side's video footage) because of the ability to zoom in when you don't have a target.  I was behind cover and they were able to hit a part barely sticking out that they could not see according to their footage.

Also what stealy said was correct.  If you have played tens of thousands of games one way then making a half hearted effort over one weekend isn't really going to provide an accurate comparison.  Watch some of PixelRage's videos of him sniping people across the map.  Not even being focused on it.  He can look around between shots then aim in and hit when it is time to fire.

Some things that cannot be disputed.  It is very difficult to balance a game that can be played with entirely different sets of controls.  Bringing in PC/Mac players exposes the game to a greater potential for cheating.  So working to balance the game between platforms and to head off any potential cheating would require a pretty good effort.  Where is that effort taking place or is it even taking place?These are important things to know and we have heard nothing but crickets.  

jdm7 #16 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

60% of the time, it works every time

• Players
  • 17468 battles
  • [501DV]

I have tried a handful of games through Steam and it was very awkward and I did terrible.  But with that said, watching replay videos of guys that have become comfortable with controls, KBM has a significant advantage over mobile for one main reason: the double zoom in.  Holy wow when you see how close that brings the zoom in compared to mobile it's ridiculous.  On long distance shots you have a better view, and on closer combat where you are 100m or so you can pick apart someone's cupola so much easier.

Again, I stink at it, but I think if I had the patience to learn the muscle memory the upside of the double zoom is amazing.

[Garage: FV215b, FV215b (183), FV4202, M48 Patton, IS-4, IS-7, Jagdpanzer E100, Obj. 140, Obj. 263, Obj. 268, T110E4, T110E5, Centurion 7/1, M46 Patton, T30, IS-3 Defender, IS-6, KV-5, Lowe, T-54 ltwt, AMX M4 45, AT-15A, SU-122-44, T23E3, T-34-85 Rudy, Type 62 Dragon, Cromwell B, Pz. Kpfw. IV Schmalturm, SU-100Y, T-34-85 Victory, Fury, Angry Connor, M4A2E4 Sherman, Pz. Kpfw. IV hydrostat, Pz. Kpfw. S35 739 (f), BT-7 artillery, SU-76i, Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu, Pz. Kpfw. 38H 735(f), T2 Light, Tetrarch]

"The Problem will solve itself in time"

cheasesteak #17 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14441 battles
  • [DOGZ]
It seems like most of the issues would be fixed if the same zoom and maybe autoaim was applied to both platforms.  Seems like an easy fix. 

and

Bait_Car #18 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

Mr. Nice Guy

• Players
  • 19329 battles
  • [HELLS]
Relunctanttheist, good seeing you in game.  I play only Mac with KB/M during the day and on a Macbook with touchpad at night and weekends.  I never even used the sniper mode until after 3k games and finding this forum and now I can't live without it.  If you have a high pen gun like on a T34 or PZIII, you can really really brawl and zip around without zooming.  I never use auto aim so can't comment.

My Fun Tanks:

I-Otsu          IV-DW2      VII-T43

II-T26          V-T67

III-T46         VI-KV1S

Poshlivsena #19 Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32767 battles
  • [PRAMO]

Again.....Can't really trust review of an average player..... I need an unbiased super uncium to do that.

JJleaks I kinda trust .....

Facts don't care about your feelings

...always right

GenericMIKE #20 Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

The Most Generic Tanker in Blitz

• Players
  • 20140 battles
  • [O-VII]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 04 January 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

I've played four solid days of KBM on the Steam version of Blitz.  I had Sniper Mode set to OFF in settings so I had to manually zoom in for long shots.

• The big screen is nice.  Easier to resolve weak spots when sniping.  Minimap set to max size.
  • I played wired and over wifi.  Wired drops about 5-10ms off the ping.
  • Few guns do well at sniping - accuracy is pretty bad at long ranges with most guns and targeting those weak spots was iffy at 200m or more
  • Autoaim lock on with KBM is trash.  Unless your opponent is paper, autoaim is NOT your friend as the reticle always moves to center of mass, and you're shooting at red spots more often than not
  • KBM brawling is terrible.  Mobile autoaim is excellent at keeping your opponent targeted when you're in a knife fight
  • KBM autoaim lock is very strong.  It remembers your target much better than mobile.  If another tank passes between you and your locked target, you retain lock-on to the original target.  You can lock on a target and drive away from it, and you'll still be locked onto it even if it's behind you and not even on your screen.  If your target stays visible but is behind a hill or another tank, once it comes back into view your gun will be pointed straight at it again (but center of mass only).  If you're making an escape, you can drive away from a red and keep firing at him if you locked onto him.  But again, that will only be center of mass and chances of penning those shots are slim.

On the whole, KBM players are severely disadvantaged compared to their mobile counterparts.  It would be nice to see KBM autoaim get on par with what mobile users enjoy.  Can anyone confirm if the Mac version of Blitz is similar to Steam / Win10 in terms of aiming behaviour?

Aiming on Mac is a breeze and super ez to play. Thats why I quit using iPad and phone.

You can visit Blitz Guru for current news, updates, map guides, tank guides and more!

Also tagged with KBM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users