• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

WriterDude #41 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 21391 battles
  • [III-Z]

View PostPURPLE_ROCK, on 04 January 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

I played 32K battles on mobile and if I were to switch to KBM now, I have no doubt I will play like a noob. 

^^^ This

I tried playing KBM, and the change was so uncomfortable for me that I switched back to my iPad. 

I couldn't move reliably (especially under stress, when I'm under fire, or when someone's maneuvering around me) because the way you move at an angle is to hit A-W at the same time, or D-W at the same time, or whatever. It felt jerky and awkward to me. On mobile, you just push the joystick wheel and it advances/reverses and turns that way. I have a Bluetooth joystick - maybe I should give that a try?

I couldn't aim reliably. The auto-aim was awkward, so I spent a ridiculous amount of time over-aiming, which left me vulnerable to incoming fire. 

However, the video quality was astonishing on my 27" display, expansive and immersive, and my MacBook Pro wasn't taxed in any way by the gameplay. The audio was so good that it actually made me flinch a few times. It was an absolutely first-rate experience, nearly cinematic. I found myself wishing I could use my familiar iPad controls and look at that gorgeous display.

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

jahawa #42 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8672 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I play mainly KB/M now. I got a new laptop last fall with Win 10 and made the switch slowly. I started out driving slow heavies, DW2 and KV-1. As I got more comfortable I worked on Meds and Lights. 

My my biggest complaint about the the iPad, is I have trouble aiming and shooting targets on the move, and I have to use some sort of powder to keep my thumbs from sticking. Mobile is easier using dmg buttons and it is more intuitive when brawling, but my thumbs tend to lose there place in brawls and CODing. On KB/M I use the space bar for zoom. It works for me. 

As I've learned to use auto aim, (takes some getting used to), it is superior to mobile, IMO. You can lock onto a Leopard or 28.01 and fire. As long as there are no obstacles and your traverse is fast enough, you will hit them. 

Overall, I think it is personal preference. I watch my son play on the iPad and he does things I'll never be able to do.  He doesn't like playing KB/M. 

tankcrunch #43 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles

the only problem i have with Blitz is that sniper mode thing. I'll turn it off when i play Blitz next time.

Edited by tankcrunch, 21 March 2017 - 08:30 PM.

Leadf00t #44 Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8520 battles
  • [STR8R]

View PostWriterDude, on 21 March 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

I found myself wishing I could use my familiar iPad controls and look at that gorgeous display.

Airplay is your friend.  :)

Also tagged with KBM

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users