CC_Sly's Tank Checklist

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

ruggs225 #21 Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23020 battles
  • [SPUD]
I wish your checklist included providing feedback on the m60 and medium nerf supertest situations.

Bronyman50 #22 Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:07 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 20107 battles
  • [FLEET]

-T21: keep your distance from people use your decent speed to hit people in the sides and rear if forced into head on engagements use your gun depression 

-Hellcat/Jackson: You should with the hellcat use your speed to get into a good sniper spot and be sniping. The same with the Jackson except you should be take more agressive spots since your armor is more protective but with both tanks if forced into a head on engagement try to break the engagement or use your gun depression 

-M6/M4A3E2 (Jumbo): your armor is good but not amazing so feel free with them to take a take but don't depend on it *Special note with the Jumbo use the stock turret it has 152mm of armor all around

-Nashorn/JgPz4: Your armor is not very good so get a bush and sit tight and punish anyone who is sitting out in the open with your excellent DPM

-VK30.02M/30.01P/30.01D/36.01H: Your armor and guns are mediocre so your better off using a decent amount of gun depression and support your allies 

-MT25: use your speed to hit people in the sides and shred people 

-Su-100: This tank is absolutely brutal with the 122mm gun so stick close to people and brutalize anyone who tries to push you with 400 alpha and pull back so your support can keep the enemy back

-T-34/85: This tank is a hunter in every regard so don't be afraid to attack enemy but keep in mind if there are more then 1 tank wait for your friends to show up

-Kv2/T-150: The Kv2 is your basic shot gun get close and slam them but make sure you hit becuase if you don't hit you are guaranteed to take a lot of damage if not die. Same with the T-150 stay close and slam people

-AT8/CGC: The At8 you'll need to keep your distance and to stay with your support so you won't get surrounded. With the Churchill Gun Carrier (CGC) you'll need to find a decent sniper spot and hope your team doesn't get to agressive 

-Chi-To: You need to play similar to other mediums and support anybody you can since your speed and armor is bad.

Hope this is some help to you :/

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

There are Two Types of People in the World. Regular People and Me. 

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

CC_Sly #23 Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:11 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 2892 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostBronyman50, on 06 January 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

-Snip-

Thanks for the tips! I'll reference them for sure! 

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

Viper8757NC #24 Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16269 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostCC_Sly, on 06 January 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

Heya Tankers!

Something I started back in late 2016 is something I am calling my Tank Checklist. Basically, I need to learn about the different lines and play styles that each nation and tank line give.

I can do this via research or get the stats - but for me, the best way to learn is to experience it.

I know the mechanical basics. So now I need to put them into practice. 

The plan is to go up each line until Tier VI and then play at least 50 battles in that Tier VI. That should not a difficult task, but it gives me a basic idea of some fundamentals of each line. I will be doing these solo so I can actually learn.

I'll keep my list here and update it as it goes on.

Feel free to jump in and give me advice or suggest the next line I should go down!

To-Do

U.S.A.

Germany

U.S.S.R.

U.K.

Japan

In-Progress

U.S.A. - Medium Tank - M4A3E8

• Currently on: M2 Medium Tank

Done

U.S.A.

Germany

U.S.S.R.

U.K.

Japan

You have 8 tank destroyers on your list.  Lobby WG for a TD sale for next weekend and then we’ll help you out.  Deal?

Edited by Viper8757NC, 06 January 2017 - 09:29 PM.

SPlCY #25 Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

Based Stickman

• Players
  • 12672 battles
  • [PURPL]
Getting to the Comet is a must, All the tanks above tier 5 in that line are great tanks.

Click here to give a damn

Thanks for giving me a damn, because I sure as hell don't.

KempBushThe3rd #26 Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

How to Git Gud, Step 1: Don't spawn on the wrong team.

• Players
  • 12336 battles
  • [FLEET]
Get a T71 and experience how underpowered it is. Then buff it.

Proud member of the Löwe Master Race. And our greatest enemy is the Lowe Master Race, filled with 45%er Löwe or IS-6 peasants.

My Stets:    WoTBStars    BlitzStars        Clan Recruitment:   FLEET     Discord:   FLEET   ARMDA

Marc13Bautista #27 Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:53 PM

Sergeant of Master Sergeants Most Important Person to the Max

• Players
  • 10091 battles
  • [MAHOU]
Test it with bots.

~{Experienced stream sniper: Anon (STORM) in the Sheriff's event and Bushka in the Ammo Whack contest}~

~{"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine" -Erwin Rommel}{Signature created by Panbun}~

~{My Steam and Youtube}{Just your mediocre non-weeaboo Unicum from Mahou}{Mod tester and moderator of MadWoTBMods}~

woof_defender #28 Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

⚔️Fallen Guardian⚔️

• Players
  • 22992 battles
  • [FAC]
Try the Jackson out. I loved it, many people feel the it isn't that great, but that's because it compared to the hellcat which is a great tank. The Jackson I feel is just that great all rounder. 

Signature made by Panbun

Owner of an original E-25 #1

BobaFett_56 #29 Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 35273 battles
  • [ANIME]

View PostCC_Sly, on 06 January 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

I am terribad. I played a ton of T49 and I HAVE the hellcat but only 8 battles before I stopped it. Over all I liked it.

My rules for this little exercise for gold is - only 75% crew at max when buying a new tank and I must grind for at least 1 gun upgrade before golding the remaining modules.

I do need an American line though....I think the E8 should be the first one.  

I have found the M4A3E8 line to be quite pleasant from tier 1-9 so far

Darkest_Flame #30 Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8910 battles
  • [META]

If we're doing mediums here, I'd say Cromwell or T-34-85. The Russian one is more player-friendly, but I found that the Cromwell had more potential to do dmg, because of its faster speed and ROF. 

If you're getting a heavy, KV-2 ASAP. It's just so troll that you can't miss out on the bundle of joy (or rage, depending on RNG) it has to offer.

As for a TD, the Hellcat is a really nice hybrid of a light tank and TD, with the speed to get away from ugly scenarios, but the gun to do some serious damage in a very short period of time.

FlammeumDraco333 #31 Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

Edgy Kekistani Memer

• Players
  • 13993 battles
  • [META]
Play KV-2. Load HE. Shoot stuff. Win. Easy.

Stats><>

Proud member of META - Never Forget NVA - 2016<>2017 - You will be missed - (-_-)7

Nun ja, was auch immer, egal.

Official Killbait - Certified

BrassGun #32 Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3320 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View PostCC_Sly, on 06 January 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

Heya Tankers!

Something I started back in late 2016 is something I am calling my Tank Checklist. Basically, I need to learn about the different lines and play styles that each nation and tank line give.

I can do this via research or get the stats - but for me, the best way to learn is to experience it.

I know the mechanical basics. So now I need to put them into practice. 

The plan is to go up each line until Tier VI and then play at least 50 battles in that Tier VI. That should not a difficult task, but it gives me a basic idea of some fundamentals of each line. I will be doing these solo so I can actually learn.

I'll keep my list here and update it as it goes on.

Feel free to jump in and give me advice or suggest the next line I should go down!

To-Do

U.S.A.

Germany

U.S.S.R.

U.K.

Japan

In-Progress

U.S.A. - Medium Tank - M4A3E8

• Currently on: M2 Medium Tank

Done

U.S.A.

Germany

U.S.S.R.

U.K.

Japan

The T1 Heavy is a fantastic tank; I like to call it "Greased Lightning." With the Gun Rammer, Vents and a fully trained crew the top gun only needs 5.5 seconds to reload. It may not do as much damage as the KV-1's stellar 85mm gun but it reloads more than a second faster. With the above equipment the turret turns amazingly fast as well; you can catch up to lights sometimes.

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."

-Heinz Guderian.

"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Vladimir_Kroatchev #33 Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:13 PM

Vladimir-Taichou no Tanku

• Players
  • 14460 battles
  • [MAHOU]
I suggest you going down the Obj 140 line and to the IS-4 line.

"If they attack, we will defend. If they do not attack until winter comes, then we will and will tear them to shreds!"-Georgy Zukhov

❤️MAHOU Clan Deputy❤️

Tier X: IS-7, IS-4, Obj 140, Obj 268, Grille 15, Leopard 1Upcoming Tier X: E 100, AMX 50 B, Obj 263

Xavier5A #34 Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18207 battles
  • [ST3RM]

Make sure you enjoy tier V, there are a lot of gems there that people tend to dismiss or play incorrectly.

Namely, make sure you learn how to play the Crusader. That tank is crazy good, but your top speed is lacking, which throws off a lot of first time players.

Edited by Xavier5A, 06 January 2017 - 11:16 PM.

I own 170 tanks. My records at WoT Blitz Stars, Wblitz.net, or Blitz Stars!

Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f) • T7 Combat Car • T2 Light Tank • Tetrarch • M22 Locust • Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu • BT-SV • LTP • Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J • BT-7 arty • M3 Light • Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f) • T-127 • T-15 • A-32 • Sentinel AC I • Valentine II • Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f) • Panzer IV Anko Special • Ram II • Pz.Kpfw. V/IV • T14 • Churchill III • Angry Connor • Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai Shinobi • Dicker Max • Schmalturm Starchaser • Kuro Mori Mine • Cromwell B • AC IV Sentinel • T-34-85 Victory • E 25 • SU-122-44 • T6 Dracula • Type 62 • T-34-85 Rudy • Tankenstein • IS-2 • T23E3 • FCM 50 t • Löwe • T26E4 SuperPershing • IS-3 Defender • Type 59 • KV-5

AOT_Jaeger2 #35 Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:38 AM

Grand Emperor of Derpenburg

• Players
  • 10195 battles
  • [ASLAN]

View PostXavier5A, on 06 January 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

Make sure you enjoy tier V, there are a lot of gems there that people tend to dismiss or play incorrectly.

Namely, make sure you learn how to play the Crusader. That tank is crazy good, but your top speed is lacking, which throws off a lot of first time players.

This is very true. A lot of players just blow through this tank, wanting the Cromwell and Comet, but it's a real gem

Garage: E 50, RU-251, Lowe, Tiger II, Churchill VII, PzKpfw. IV Anko, Pzkpfw. IV Anko SP, Luchs, Pzkpfw. S35

Currently Working On: E 50M, E-75, Leopard PT A

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

0_DatGuy_0 #36 Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7725 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostCC_Sly, on 06 January 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

The deal about Tier 6 is more of a time issue than a "Oh I now know this line."

Tier 6 is doable for each line right now. I am not done at 6, but it will help me decide where I want to go. I will experience autoloaders, heavy armor, no armor, support, gun handling, derp guns, slow tanks, fast tanks, etc. It will help me to find and define my favorite style. Then I will be able to say "I mobile tanks with decent armor and CRAP alpha but a high DPM" with knowing and having a comparison to what each of those things are and what their opposites are. 

Crap is a naynay word in-game...

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

#BringBackGlobalChat #UnmuteTheDead (Even though I can chat all I want to...)

Gitgudm9 #37 Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6213 battles
  • [MAHOU]

You know what they say...

B I A S 

I have vodka,

I have Stalinium,

Unh,

KV-2

"Anime girls were made to be lewded." - Klaus_Klavier

reluctanttheist #38 Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:18 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 16716 battles
  • [III-H]

OK you are ROCKING IT man!

http://www.blitzstar...ayer/com/cc_sly

Your 30-day stats are the bomb!  I am VERY stoked to see our WG guys roll up their sleeves and do some serious grinding :B

I don't know where your crew skills are at, but I wish I had paid attention to the Camo TD skill and I've been playing the T49 a TON to grind that skill up to level 5 and 6.  Over the long term, getting those skills levels developed is part of my goals.  Heavy crew skills are so important to help tanks repair faster and be tougher (robustness), and fight fires faster.

For me, I'm either thinking about a tier X tank I want, or a tank I want that is itself the end of the line for me (like the Comet, since the FV4202 is not a strong tank for X, and I'm undecided about the Cent and Cent7/1).  The T49 has also become an end in itself because the Hellcat has been a disaster for me.

The M6 line to the E5 was great.  The M6 is visible from space - hard to play hull down because it's so tall, and definitely a more challenging ride than the T-150, though the US heavy line is pretty awesome after the M6.  I'm not big on the IS-4, but the T-150, KV-3/4 and ST-I are certainly boss heavies and probably a good grind to work on. 

Love this thread!

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

K4osw #39 Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwemuhwem Osas

• Players
  • 20281 battles
  • [HATED]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 07 January 2017 - 01:18 AM, said:

OK you are ROCKING IT man!

http://www.blitzstar...ayer/com/cc_sly

Your 30-day stats are the bomb!  I am VERY stoked to see our WG guys roll up their sleeves and do some serious grinding :B

I don't know where your crew skills are at, but I wish I had paid attention to the Camo TD skill and I've been playing the T49 a TON to grind that skill up to level 5 and 6.  Over the long term, getting those skills levels developed is part of my goals.  Heavy crew skills are so important to help tanks repair faster and be tougher (robustness), and fight fires faster.

For me, I'm either thinking about a tier X tank I want, or a tank I want that is itself the end of the line for me (like the Comet, since the FV4202 is not a strong tank for X, and I'm undecided about the Cent and Cent7/1).  The T49 has also become an end in itself because the Hellcat has been a disaster for me.

The M6 line to the E5 was great.  The M6 is visible from space - hard to play hull down because it's so tall, and definitely a more challenging ride than the T-150, though the US heavy line is pretty awesome after the M6.  I'm not big on the IS-4, but the T-150, KV-3/4 and ST-I are certainly boss heavies and probably a good grind to work on. 

Love this thread!

Make sure you GOLD or free xp the gun upgrade to the BL-9 on the ST-I.  You're going to have nightmares with the D-25T!

K4osw #40 Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwemuhwem Osas

• Players
  • 20281 battles
  • [HATED]
Also, the Panzer IV Schmarlturm is a very very good tank.  At least, for me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users