PzB2: Win, Lose or DRAW - Overtime Option?

PzB2 First Class Mastery Badge 5 Kills Valiant Effort Draws Draws Solution

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Overtime Option to Avoid Draws (14 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you think adding an Overtime Option would be a good idea to avoid battles ending in a Draw?

1. Yes, I would like to see an Overtime Option added. (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. No, "WarChild, you've had some dumb ideas before, but this one takes the cake." (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Maybe, I would like to see an Overtime Option added BUT with different circumstances/rules. (5 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

4. Don't really know, don't really care. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

_War_Child_ #1 Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:44 AM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35865 battles
  • [III-C]

I normally don't post my Draws (since it's supposed to be WINNING With Warchild) but I made this video in response to a thread about the integrity/honor of creating a Draw instead of a Loss (on that particular issue, I think it is entirely dependent on the situation):

YouTube: https://youtu.be/6306tLZmDXk

I wasn't playing for the Draw and had I realized the time a little sooner, I might have done things differently at the end - but I don't have a problem with the result or how I chose to end the game.  One thing that I thought of for this game and also for my 1 v 7 video (https://youtu.be/jhcoxMLvP5c) that also ended at 7 minutes - how about adding the option to EXTEND the clock 3 minutes within the last 60 seconds of the original match?  

Draws Solution

What if there was a toggle switch that light up once the clock got down to 60 seconds asking if you want to extend the match by 3 minutes (or whatever time period).  BOTH Greens & Reds (all players alive) would have to agree to it for the clock to add the "Overtime Option."  In this particular match, I would have accepted the challenge to add 3 minutes to see if I could win with 10 hitpoints left against the M3Lee's powerful gun. [If your opponent doesn't accept, they might be subject to some additional scrutiny].

It's just a thought, but I'd like to hear opinions about my idea (even if you think it's just a dumb one from me).

Thank you for your time and attention.

_War_Child_

Edited by _War_Child_, 08 January 2017 - 06:47 AM.

awesomeplayer9690 #2 Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25336 battles
  • [NORTH]

That's like the third post containing your B2 video

"The greatest gift is time. Giving time is giving away part of your life that you'll never get back." - Anonymous

"Can't get ammo-racked if I bring no ammo"

[HOW TO] Stat Signature |

_War_Child_ #3 Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:48 AM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35865 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postawesomeplayer9690, on 08 January 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

That's like the third post containing your B2 video

Different issues being discussed in the 2 Threads.

PS - you're excused from having to watch the video again ;)

PSS - Wait until I post my Ace Mastery game later today - I'm planning 5 threads about that one :child:

Edited by _War_Child_, 08 January 2017 - 06:50 AM.

Subtlepro #4 Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:37 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 47876 battles
  • [GRMPS]

Draws going against both sides % seems unfair,   if I was Making the rules, I would probably add another 7 minutes.

Surely the game would be resolved by then.

acrisis #5 Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles
  • [III-C]

Overtime?

Not sure ... who would get to decide?

A consensus / majority of both teams? 

We already have the random / buggy 0-3 sec overtime when a team runs a cap to 100.  I ran a cap solo to 100 yesterday and the game conveniently gave red extra secs to fire into me, reset and then proceed to win ... The thing is, in similar circumstances said extension is not always granted. I have been on the other side racing to reset and the battle closed at exactly 100 ... 

Anyhow, in a way, yes it would be nice to get an extra minute to get all the damage and kills and avoid a draw. It becomes a question of when does this extension option pop up, and if both teams get to decide, you know some will want the draw because it is not a loss ... so waste of development time? 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

_War_Child_ #6 Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35865 battles
  • [III-C]

Well, my thought is this:

1) A hard fought battle is rapidly running out of time

2) Players on both sides would like to continue until there's 1 winner

3) During the last 60 seconds, a toggle button appears giving you the option to extend time for 3 min (making a 10 min game)

4) If you press it and it doesn't grant the 3 minutes, you don't know if someone on your team or their team didn't hit it (if down to 2 players, then you know)

5) If ALL alive players click the toggle, game is extended 3 minutes with regular rules

If you're 1 v 5 and you're running for your life and you don't want to press it - you don't

If you're ready to move to the next game, you don't press it

If there's too much "talk" and you've had enough, you don't press it

A mutually agreeable time extension between foes is all that I'm asking for here.

David_Rish #7 Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15844 battles
  • [FROZE]

View Post_War_Child_, on 08 January 2017 - 12:44 AM, said:

I normally don't post my Draws (since it's supposed to be WINNING With Warchild) but I made this video in response to a thread about the integrity/honor of creating a Draw instead of a Loss (on that particular issue, I think it is entirely dependent on the situation):

YouTube: https://youtu.be/6306tLZmDXk

I wasn't playing for the Draw and had I realized the time a little sooner, I might have done things differently at the end - but I don't have a problem with the result or how I chose to end the game.  One thing that I thought of for this game and also for my 1 v 7 video (https://youtu.be/jhcoxMLvP5c) that also ended at 7 minutes - how about adding the option to EXTEND the clock 3 minutes within the last 60 seconds of the original match?  

Draws Solution

What if there was a toggle switch that light up once the clock got down to 60 seconds asking if you want to extend the match by 3 minutes (or whatever time period).  BOTH Greens & Reds (all players alive) would have to agree to it for the clock to add the "Overtime Option."  In this particular match, I would have accepted the challenge to add 3 minutes to see if I could win with 10 hitpoints left against the M3Lee's powerful gun. [If your opponent doesn't accept, they might be subject to some additional scrutiny].

It's just a thought, but I'd like to hear opinions about my idea (even if you think it's just a dumb one from me).

Thank you for your time and attention.

_War_Child_

Draws could easily be done with if a "win" would just go to team that did the most damage. That way the afks get 0 reward.

David_Rish #8 Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15844 battles
  • [FROZE]

View Post_War_Child_, on 08 January 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

Well, my thought is this:

1) A hard fought battle is rapidly running out of time

2) Players on both sides would like to continue until there's 1 winner

3) During the last 60 seconds, a toggle button appears giving you the option to extend time for 3 min (making a 10 min game)

4) If you press it and it doesn't grant the 3 minutes, you don't know if someone on your team or their team didn't hit it (if down to 2 players, then you know)

5) If ALL alive players click the toggle, game is extended 3 minutes with regular rules

If you're 1 v 5 and you're running for your life and you don't want to press it - you don't

If you're ready to move to the next game, you don't press it

If there's too much "talk" and you've had enough, you don't press it

A mutually agreeable time extension between foes is all that I'm asking for here.

Lewl. Mutual agreement between red and green and I am sure that one tank left with only 1 hit left of life would agree smh...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users