The T18- A guide to the mighty derp

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Principe_2014 #1 Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:46 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12220 battles

Surely everyone has seen one of these tanks if you've played blitz. These tanks are beasts. Simply put, if you see one, you are in for some pain. I'm going to teach you how to deal with these tanks, and how to use them.

When you start off as the T18, you'll have an average tier II gun. I suggest upgrading that first, before anything. Once you have the howitzer, your problems in this tank are over. 

How to use it

The T18, with the howitzer, and hopefully the good engine and tracks, is a beast. In level 2 battles, you will dominate. Unlike the AT-1, which has a similar high damage gun, you have tremendous armor. Most level 2s will find it hard to hit your one weak spot, on the upper front plate, especially when you are dealing 200 damage consistently against their thin armor. You have good turret traverse, so it will be harder to flank you. You have superb speed, making you a well armored, tank ramming, HP destroying fury. The only tank you should worry about is another T18, which can deep you in one shot just as fast as you can derp it.Most of the times, you can just aim and shoot on any other TD and one shot them, in your tier. Any level 1 gets one spotted. Most level 2s and 3s will take a huge amount of damage, often half or more of their total hitpoints. However, I must mention one tank which stands out when facing the T18 though. The Pz.II.

Facing the T18

I have crushed this tank numerous times as well, sometimes with the Pz.II, the T18, and even once in a while, the T1 Cunningham. So this tank is not invincible. This is how to face the T18 with the derp, respective to tier.

Tier I

What's wrong with you? That tank will one shot you the second it sees you. Run foo! If you really want to face him, you'll have to get him in the back, and even then it's not guaranteed.

Tier II

Among the tanks I've used, the Pz.II is the most effective against it, except for the At-1 and T18. More often than not, you will find a glaring weak spot on the T18 frontal armor, the upper plate. Here you can one shot the T18 using the T18 or AT-1 with their own derp guns. If you are the Pzjg II, run for your life, cause this guy can and will one shot you without aiming. If using a Pz.II, you will find that your semi automatic gun can pen the T18 frontally at its weak point. Furthermore, your armor is thicker than most, so you can actually hold off against one. The T18 can pen you if you stay still, so keep moving. The T18 deals two types of damage. One is from 60-80, which happens if it hits any slightly armored or "red" part of your armor. The second is when it deals around 200 damage. This is scary. Very scary.

Tier III

At this tier, you won't be as scared of this tank. It can deal respectable damage, but everyone can damage it back, and your pen will be far better. All in all, you still have to watch out for this tank, but don't run from it.

Tanks in Garage-

E75, Obj. 704, VK 30.02 P, Matilda, Pz II, LTP

Meows_Nyanpasu #2 Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3375 battles
pls avoid walls of text it hurts my eyes

YDCACUf.gif

Principe_2014 #3 Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:56 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12220 battles
It's for the dedicated. And those with reading glasses. :smile:

Tanks in Garage-

concep #4 Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:06 AM

Stop Tunneling Me

• Players
  • 29862 battles

View PostSkittlesOfSteel, on 09 November 2014 - 11:50 PM, said:

pls avoid walls of text it hurts my eyes

point, shoot, boom.

#bestguideblitz

Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!

Panbun #5 Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8083 battles
  • [PBKAC]
I find going up against T18s to be quite easy. Due to the below average reverse and traverse speeds, it can easily be circled or flanked. However, a lot of players at tiers one, two and three don't know that the lower section of the hull is weaker. Despite there being penetration skins, they still shoot the top half of the T18. I think this is what makes the T18 such a deadly tank when armed with the howitzer.

Principe_2014 #6 Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:50 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12220 battles
It's true. However, its a lot easier to pump a T18 full of shells from the front. Especially if you are a TD or a slow moving tank. 

Tanks in Garage-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users