More confused than ever

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

BushiBan #21 Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1933 battles
  • [SPUD]

Think of the "noob" comments as a term of endearment. I've seen Bushka called a noob in game and told to uninstall ........ LOL.  sometimes the people that shout the loudest are noobs just like you and I. Difference is we want to get better, they like to complain. Getting to the forums early like you have is a positive.

I've started playing the day before you. I'd get the Pm's with tankers telling me I was a noob, my stats sucked, I should uninstall the game and go play Candy Crush (whatever that is). I'd message them back saying yes my stats did suck, that I was a noob (never argue against facts) as I had been playing only a short time and that I needed help, and since they took the time to check out my stats they must be concerned with the quality of game play. Since they were concerned, would they be willing to be my sensei and teach me the ways of the tanker warrior. Amazing if you send enough messages asking for help from those that complain how they stop replying ....

I started with the German light line and was yoloing my way up as fast as I could. I'd run into the middle of 7 reds and not see the clock reach 6:00. I'd do a one tank flank. I'd drive up high on a ridge in the open to spot. I can continue with all the things I was doing wrong ..... I didn't understand camo, hard or soft cover and so many other things.

Myself I'm running the KV-1 right now. It's very noob friendly. It will help you to learn how to hull down, side scrape and angle your armor. I started with German light autoloaders, I didn't know about bloom, shooting in short bursts and that I could actually aim. Once I found out this I would go into training rooms and practice aiming and firing, and how to fire on the move without zooming in. I'd practice driving my tank, how to back around hard cover. Learning how to do those things in game is not a good thing. I'd drive the maps to learn the layout, find places I could use hard cover, and safer places to spot. Knowledge is power in WOTB.

I'd watch as many youtube videos as you can find. Some teach and explain, some show off their gameplay and some play music. Again the more you learn the better you are in game. Don't worry about stats, learn to play the game properly and the stats will come. Some of my favorite youtubers:

1. Bushka

2. Anon

3. dimzzy

4. Zip_Zip

5. Littlefinger

Some sites I'd recommend (in no particular order):

1. http://forum.wotblit...actical-primer/

2. http://forum.wotblit...g-map-strategy/

3. http://wotguru.com/weak-spot-guides/

4. http://armorinspector.com/en/webapp

5. http://tank-compare.blitzstars.com

6. https://sites.google...site/tankerref/

Good luck and don't stop asking questions.

Edited by BushiBan, 10 January 2017 - 05:01 AM.

SaveSave

BluesAllDay #22 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]
I Like everything I've read. I will be starting again at tier 1 & 2 when I start the light tanks. The problem is however I need to use the big tanks just to complete the missions. I understand it's annoying to the experienced player but I still need to complete my missions. And yes the one tank I bought is a tier 8 and as we speak I'm looking at tier 8 missions. Oh, I had to ask my son what Discord is. He said he would set me up. 

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

BluesAllDay #23 Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]
I Like everything I've read. I will be starting again at tier 1 & 2 when I start the light tanks. The problem is however I need to use the big tanks just to complete the missions. I understand it's annoying to the experienced player but I still need to complete my missions. And yes the one tank I bought is a tier 8 and as we speak I'm looking at tier 8 missions. Oh, I had to ask my son what Discord is. He said he would set me up. 

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

SieurPersil #24 Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 23178 battles
  • [SPUDX]

You got a lot of good help in here. I see you have the Pz S35 and Pz B2. Those are two excellent tank to learn with at tier 3 and 4. It is easy to do well in those. Play them until you can dominate on the field and then go to the KV-1. Remember to not over extend and to aim your shots to make them count.

If you need some platoon help, you can add me in game.

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

BluesAllDay #25 Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]

Okay so slowing down helps but is hard to do, especially when team takes early losses. And while I like the fact that the Pz B2 is hard to damage so I can stand toe to toe with anything (not a destroyer) I don't find that I get a whole lot of excitement opperating it. It seems that the tanks I have done my very best in are the same tanks that I have also done my very worse in. Because of this wide bandwidth of possible outcomes I thoroughly enjoy those tanks. The T1 Heavy is by far my favorite to drive, not because I have a great record in it, I don't. It is the tank I got my 6 kills in. It is also the tank that I trust will protect me the best when my team either can't or won't help. Crew Traing...yes I spend the gold for 100% right out of the box. And yes I understand the importance of free XP with a new tank. I try to have enough for at least the engine and track. Heavy's are way to slow to not start with those items. So once again I'm left to believe the biggest difference is crew training skills, or basically winshield time. I'm just about to finish lvl 3 crew skills for both the Medium's and Heavy's. so I'm half way there. As those skills go up so goes all the other numbers that seem to be so important like hit ratio and more importantly for credit sake damage.

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

BushiBan #26 Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1933 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostDoorknobz, on 10 January 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

I don't find that I get a whole lot of excitement opperating it. 

I hear ya after playing the light German line of fast tanks. It was fun dashing in to attack a slow moving heavy. That excitement would last about 30 seconds. I move along at a snail's pace now because I want the fun to last longer.

What you have to do is find excitement in surviving the battle, doing the most damage, getting kills and winning. Heavies are the bullies of the game. They teach you the skills you need at higher tiers. All other tanks support the heavies. It's not sexy, but it sure is much more fun. When I joined my clan the first thing they suggested was get a heavy and learn to play it. I thanked them all last night when I had a 2nd Class Mastery, 1400+ damage game with 4 kills and won the game.

I've got a garage full of tier VII and VIII premiums that I've bought. I got the IS-3D and T-34 Indy from the Blitz Fair and have not played a single battle in any of them because I know I'm not ready for it. I don't want my new toys all dirty and damaged. I got them because they were available and I know one day (or months) I'll be ready for them. 

I could be wrong (others will certainly chime in here) but what I did was start playing lower tier games, and would use my free mission skip to replace the higher tier missions. Now I typically only get missions for the tier I'm playing. Took a few days but it all worked out.

Not suggesting you don't have fun, but from one noob to another I find it much much more fun winning and knocking the snot out of the red team.

Good luck and don't stop asking questions ...... <O

SaveSave

RockOlaRaider #27 Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13441 battles
  • [25ERS]
If you're still looking for a clan, try 25ers. We don't judge, we're here to train each other.

BluesAllDay #28 Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]
User name is one of those things that frustrated me right at the start. I almost didn't get the app after typing everything including fruits, vegetables and pieces of meat to no avail.everything was taken or not acceptable. Dorknoob works too. At games end I see Doork only and that works too. Tags...I was in a battle, tier 3 I believe, saw the 420 and after the battle I joined, it was open no need to apply, and surprise they didn't throw me out. So here I am. That's where the confusion comes in. I avg. about 30 games a day. Far in excess of anyone here, so I battle alone most of those 30 games (probably why I take more risks). I don't mind that but searching for a clan or what I would prefer to call a home seems as difficult as finding a user name. 

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

00RUSE00 #29 Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6299 battles
  • [AWING]

View PostDoorknobz, on 10 January 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

So I just found this game around late October, 2016. Surprised to see how long it's actually been around. The more my numbers go up, yes believe it or not these numbers are up, the more I realize just how inadequate my game play is. On the bright side all of the players that have been around for years are very helpful in reminding me every day just how bad I am and that I should delete the game. It is painfully obvious that the well seasoned players get quite ired when teamed up with people like me and I used to feel the same way. Why should I be on a team where-by my game is usually over quickly simply because of the caliber of players lumped together. So I search and I search to try to find a clan that I may actually feel at home in and the more I search the more confused I get. With that said I will continue playing, if for no other reason than to continue recieving your hate mail because you've been playing longer than me. There has to be an easier way.

Hiya! Have you considered joining a training clan?

We shall never surrender 

BluesAllDay #30 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]
Never heard of a training clan

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

teamtrouble2003 #31 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22645 battles
  • [ACES]
ACES ACE TANKS would be happy to have you friend.  I am probably the most veteran player and active player in the clan. I have no problem playing and helping best I can. I can't promise wins in every battle but I am an above 50 player. Have a great day.

HiDLcfn.jpg

DIDN'T ANYONE EVER TELL YOU NOT TO GO LOOKING FOR TROUBLE!

BluesAllDay #32 Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]

Thanks, for now I've quit tooning and cleaned up tiers one and two a little then sort of skipped over three a bit. I left four about a week ago for five and things are doing fine in my opinion but I still get the mail of just how bad I am. i still log in and play but no longer with any enthusiasm. I laugh at just how bad the numbers are/were and how easy some are just to get to average. While others just because of the sheer number of battles will take more work just to move the needle. But the needle is moving in the right direction.

So at this point in time because I no longer really see myself participating in any clan activities, that's why I left my last clan, I respectfully decline your offer.

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users