discipline

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Tomio_Hara #1 Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:50 AM

Monteagle madness

• Players
  • 22601 battles
  • [SR-72]
Only recently has my clan, DPRK, become an active, competing clan. I have conducted a two month long recruiting program for active players with tier X tanks, and some part time forumers have even joined. Finally it is almost over, and I am considering having a secondary clan start up for newer players ran by a friend. However today someone messaged me about one of my newer/younger clan members behavior, saying he was raging in chat and then started to yell at him after the game because of a bad team. He also said that some derogatory remarks were thrown. How should I discipline clan members who do this? It was probably the result of one to many bad games, and he just snapped. But could some clan leaders who have been around for a while tell me how to manage this? I don't want to kick him out but I don't want my clan to be known for ragers. It doesn't seem like the kind of offense that would warrant that unless it was repeat. Someone please give me advise on how to conduct clan discipline. Thank you.

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!

_34 #2 Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:56 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 23529 battles
I would probably tell him to cut it out, and kick him if it happens again.  

LAPPELduvide #3 Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:58 AM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]
If you're the commander its your choice whatever you want to do.

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

BluesAllDay #4 Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8142 battles
  • [SRV]
For me it would be as simple as an LOL. Personally, I'm amazed I haven't been kicked. Except for one other, I want to say person, account, there isn't a whole lot of proof these people even exist, lol. So I'd start with an LOL and see where it goes from there.

Posit1ve_ #5 Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:20 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 55313 battles
  • [_V_]

Man I hate getting complaints about guys.

The Iron Cavalry family's policy is usually to issue a formal warning, then kick if it the behavior continues

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

Randimoon #6 Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:24 AM

501 Family Executioner

• Players
  • 19702 battles
  • [501DV]

I'm not a clan Commander but have been in leadership roles in games before, with similar structure, so I hope my feedback is adequate for you. Younger members are hard to deal with, esp males...they are rash, impulsive, high energy, and looking to prove themselves. The younger they are, the harder it is to control. Remember that they are still developing their "inhibitor system," the prefrontal cortex, which may not be complete for up to another decade in some cases.

That being said, certain language and behavior is unacceptable; what exactly that is, is entirely up to you. When I've gotten to hear complaints from other clans/guilds/societies in the past, the first thing I try to do is get both sides of the story, from the reporter and from my member. They may have had a reason to be angry, which is something I communicate back to the reporter. Sometimes its a simple misinderstanding that is taken out of context, which has happened between 501 and numerous other clans on many occassions. Regardless, letting both sides talk allows them to vent and share information.

I ask our clan members to try and keep it respectful during battles. It certainly isnt easy, and sometimes I fail as well. But I invite members to rant in our own space (Slack/TS/Discord) or at me, instead of at other players, thereby preventing any inter-clan conflict. (Doesnt always happen but I try). If it becomes a constant issue, perhaps three or more times, then consider telling them that you have values you want to uphold and as a member they cant seem to do that; perhaps they'd be better off in another clan.

Just my two cents...hope it helps.

Edited by CK_FrostedFlakes, 15 January 2017 - 04:26 AM.

Grinding: AMX 50 100, AMX 38, Jackson, T49

Forgetting About Stats & Playing For Community and Fun

Dan_Deerso #7 Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:04 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 26546 battles
  • [III]
Depends on how bad it was, if it wasn't racist/sexist or blatantly abusive, I tell them to bugger off.

TheChattaHooligan #8 Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:28 AM

CHATTAAAAA NOOGAAAAA

• Players
  • 13836 battles
  • [CLE4R]
First of all you need screenshots. Always get screenshots because it could be a troll otherwise. Then usually talk to your member about how it is unacceptable and that they need to tone it down. After that, if it happens again either probation or kicked. That is my opinion. 

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut

Tomio_Hara #9 Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:07 PM

Monteagle madness

• Players
  • 22601 battles
  • [SR-72]

It did happen as I messaged the clan member accused and he said he was sorry and everything. It wasn't too bad compared to what I have seen before in games but he knows now. Thank you all for your responses on what to do, as this is one of the first times this has happened to me.

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!

Maplexi #10 Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

152 Shades of Boom

• Players
  • 33104 battles
  • [III-Z]

Step 1 - establish guidelines for your clan to work within/towards

Step 2 - establish what happens is these are breached/not met

Step 3 - communicate these to your members

Each group is going to have it's own spin on what they want their clan to be/aspire to, so figure out what you want that to be, and create your guiding principles from that.  Communicate these to each of your members, and ensure they accept that there may be repercussions if breached.  You have to have rules/guidelines to enforce them, and your clan needs to understand them. 

Sig

THEGRIMPEEPER #11 Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14833 battles
  • [OMARP]
Teach me your recruitment methods

sweet1emotion #12 Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:36 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1198 battles
  • [RHIN0]

View PostMaplexi, on 15 January 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

Step 1 - establish guidelines for your clan to work within/towards

Step 2 - establish what happens is these are breached/not met

Step 3 - communicate these to your members

Each group is going to have it's own spin on what they want their clan to be/aspire to, so figure out what you want that to be, and create your guiding principles from that.  Communicate these to each of your members, and ensure they accept that there may be repercussions if breached.  You have to have rules/guidelines to enforce them, and your clan needs to understand them. 

Seems reasonable to me. Just as long as I can play any tier and kill anyone on red. seems some clans don't allow that. weird huh?

Also tagged with discipline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users