February Tournaments

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

jdm7 #81 Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:41 PM

60% of the time, it works every time

• Players
  • 16735 battles
  • [501DV]
As much as I hate supremacy, and believe me I do, it makes sense for these tourneys.  It gets rid of any drama around ties.  Although as a group we seem to collectively thrive on drama, one less thing to argue about isn't such a bad thing.

[Garage: FV215b, FV215b (183), FV4202, M48 Patton, IS-4, IS-7, Jagdpanzer E100, Obj. 140, Obj. 263, Obj. 268, T110E4, T110E5, Centurion 7/1, M46 Patton, T30, IS-3 Defender, IS-6, KV-5, Lowe, T-54 ltwt, AMX M4 45, AT-15A, SU-122-44, T23E3, T-34-85 Rudy, Type 62 Dragon, Cromwell B, Pz. Kpfw. IV Schmalturm, SU-100Y, Fury, Angry Connor, M4A2E4 Sherman, Pz. Kpfw. IV hydrostat, Pz. Kpfw. S35 739 (f), BT-7 artillery, SU-76i, Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu, Pz. Kpfw. 38H 735(f), T2 Light, Tetrarch]

CC_Sly #82 Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 2892 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 19 January 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

Question for Sly...

In the case of "Twister Cup" let's say that hypothetically that kb/m and touch were used in the qualifier stage of the tournament. If the winning team has 3-4 kb/m players how would that work at the offline event?

Dunno - I am sure we'd figure it out. From a technical standpoint all the systems are in place to allow this already. It would just be the logistics of running the offline event to deal with. 

View PostSilevern, on 19 January 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

Disregarding the KB/M controversy, why can't we see this same kind of split between Encounter and Supremacy tournament fights?! Make separate tournaments for Encounter and Supremacy battles, and maybe WG will finally realize how unpopular Supremacy is, and how unwanted the forced Supremacy tournaments and missions are?

We may see a split in game type in the future. I have been instructed to follow a the format listed in the schedule. As long as the schedule keeps showing Supremacy only, not a whole lot I can do.  

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

M1ster_G #83 Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 31541 battles
  • [O-VII]

I like the idea of splitting the price between most runners but i just don't understand why would you guys try to to go back at KBM when you were the ones who implemented kbm in the game and made it available for pc. Then you went and merged the servers. Now are you trying to separate them again?. I must protest because i used to play touch before but now play kmb and some of our tournament players do kmb too. I see that there are a lot of guys that don't like the idea. Im pretty sure the kbm tournaments would be dead because no team ever has 7 kbm players. I just hope that this will last less than a month and you will will change it back.

CC_Sly #84 Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 2892 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostGeriBisha, on 23 January 2017 - 07:32 AM, said:

I like the idea of splitting the price between most runners but i just don't understand why would you guys try to to go back at KBM when you were the ones who implemented kbm in the game and made it available for pc. Then you went and merged the servers. Now are you trying to separate them again?. I must protest because i used to play touch before but now play kmb and some of our tournament players do kmb too. I see that there are a lot of guys that don't like the idea. Im pretty sure the kbm tournaments would be dead because no team ever has 7 kbm players. I just hope that this will last less than a month and you will will change it back.

That is my guess - that the KB/M only tournaments will either be very small or fail to reach the minimum number of teams required to run.

UPDATE

Changes

• We will restrict the tiers to 9-10 for most of the tournaments. There is a new check in place at registration that requires the team to have a tank that fits the tournament restrictions in order to confirm their participation.  

Added this to the original post as well.

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

glass2707 #85 Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27015 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostGeriBisha, on 23 January 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

Why allow kb/m at all.  There is a reason why you switched from touch to kb/m and it wasn't because the later is inferior.

M1ster_G #86 Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 31541 battles
  • [O-VII]

View Postglass2707, on 23 January 2017 - 08:38 PM, said:

Why allow kb/m at all.  There is a reason why you switched from touch to kb/m and it wasn't because the later is inferior.

I switched because of the bigger screen and the graphics. Like you i've been here since the beginning and i have played both. Truth is ipads and big screens can give you an advantage in orientation and are also better for the eyes than small screens. Mouse vs autoaim its just preference. I prefer mouse more but a lot people like the auto aim on blitz. But i see no point in splitting the tournaments. If you're gonna play competitive gaming you will play on your best device possible in order to win. If you wanna play for fun then don't play tournaments at all. This splitting will force a lot of good players to miss the tournaments in my opinion.

glass2707 #87 Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27015 battles
  • [GRIM]

Mouse vs autoaim isn't just preference.  It is easier to aim in any game with a mouse than any method you can come up with for touch screen or controllers.  It just is.  A life time of playing games on all kinds of platforms tells me that.  Play a FPS game with a keyboard and mouse versus any other control format.  It's night and day.  Plus auto aim on touch screen is hit or miss with its usefulness.  Multiple targets makes it almost useless because you have no control over who it tracks while the auto aim on pc is a lock on mechanic from what I understand.

Watch videos of a player playing kb/m and then playing touch for touch only tourneys.  I have seen said player look like the best player in the game using kb/m while looking only average at best on touch.  This when he has experience playing touch.  The difference is the mouse.  

M1ster_G #88 Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 31541 battles
  • [O-VII]
I totally understand you. Ive been playing kbm games most of my life but the young generation is now touch and tablets mostly and some of these guys just cant aim with a mouse. And there are a lot of these guys in the game. I know that while there may a difference from iphone to pc because of the small screen there is not much difference from tablets and ipads to pc. The big screens allow you to aim better be that a laptop or an ipad. Personally mouse is way better but like youve seen players excel at mouse ive seen them failing at it  because its totally different than the autoaim and they just cant adapt. so like i said before, its more a matter of preference and choice and i se no point in splitting the control types.

Hardy_R #89 Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:25 AM

CWNA Council

• Players
  • 22807 battles
  • [O-VII]
Just out of curiosity, will future two-day tournaments include round robin?

It was nice knowing that we had to commit to 7 battles, one after another, and we had an opportunity to come back from a loss instead of being eliminated outright. In theory, we could make the qualifying groups variably sized from 8-10 so teams would have to fight 7-9 battles.

clan12345 #90 Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:49 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9493 battles
  • [DPRK]

View PostTheFluffyPinkDragon, on 19 January 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

If there are 2 tournaments per week and there are two tier 1-7 tournaments, does that spell the end of high tier tournaments?

Or do you mean there are only 2 tier 1-7 tournaments for the month and everything else is tier 8-10?

Means there will be 2 tier 1-7 tournaments in February, Haha had to think twice because of you!

Edited by clan12345, 01 February 2017 - 07:49 AM.

Unicum in the heart, in game not so much. 

Leadf00t #91 Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8520 battles
  • [STR8R]

View Postglass2707, on 23 January 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

There is a reason why you switched from touch to kb/m and it wasn't because the later is inferior.

The same reason I play on a Mac, JuJu plays on an phone and you presumably play on a tablet.

Because it's what each of us play best.

PinDadNW #92 Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:15 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31973 battles
  • [RAIDR]
Great tournament tonight with great prizes. Thanks Sly. Nice job to HUNT who beat us in the finals good. Thanks Barncat71, classy guy,

Edited by PinDadNW, 19 February 2017 - 04:16 AM.

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

PinDadNW #93 Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31973 battles
  • [RAIDR]
Perfect tournament last night with the correct result of Raider winning. There were a few teams with less than 7 though, I wonder if being scheduled on the same day as the update was the culprit? 

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users