Video: KB/M auto aim gives lead?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

IKissedCupid #41 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:37 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20298 battles
Not to add wood to the fire but from experience, there is a definite feel of advantage here. Only in PC can you aim, shoot and drive simultaneously without contorting your hands, because no matter how good you are with mobile, you need to take your hand off the aiming to fire, but mobile auto-aim still requires some manual assistance. Also, it sometimes becomes very annoying when it sticks to a target despite your contrary intentions. In PC, I just right click, drive, and then boom, boom, boom.

LoweExpectations #42 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:40 AM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

View PostTheMasterStealy141, on 18 January 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

Care to record a video of that and show me? 

As I stated previously before, I cannot play current, nor have I since December. But it is quite easy to find. It literally has a box drawn out for you, so you should be able to find it yourself.

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

PixelRage #43 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:41 AM

Professional Easter Egg Hunter

• Players
  • 15170 battles

View PostTheMasterStealy141, on 19 January 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

Also, is there a reason why your "caller" / best players can't play on a mobile device? 

Because they don't have a mobile device....

Your friendly banned forumer

https://www.youtube..../PixelRageGames

IKissedCupid #44 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:41 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20298 battles
Also, if it might be of any relevance to this topic, all programs that help lead targets in World of Tanks PC are considered illegal and cheating. Once again, this is for WoT PC.

Geofilms #45 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14885 battles

View PostXxGh05t, on 19 January 2017 - 04:41 AM, said:

Also, if it might be of any relevance to this topic, all programs that help lead targets in World of Tanks PC are considered illegal and cheating. Once again, this is for WoT PC.

It's auto-aim, built in function, not a third party mod.

skittlestime #46 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:47 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 49714 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostPixelRage, on 18 January 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

Good then world of tanks PC would be a great spot 

LoweExpectations #47 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:48 AM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

View Postskittlestime, on 18 January 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

Good then world of tanks PC would be a great spot 

Well, if the option for a PC is available for both games, why do they have to play WoT PC? It's not like it's a law.

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

reluctanttheist #48 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:48 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25851 battles
  • [III-H]
Good vid Stealy.  However, you can re-lead a mobile target and most mobile players do so instinctively.  That said, noobs may not do this.  A poor player on PC gets it done for them automatically.  The lead apparently given (if it's reliably being given, and I didn't feel it was in all battles I played) on Blitz PC - if it's truly being calculated, which seems unlikely, but if it's proven, then... well, yeah.  That's significant.

Edited by reluctanttheist, 19 January 2017 - 04:49 AM.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

Steeby141 #49 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:49 AM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45234 battles
  • [STEEB]

View PostLoweExpectations, on 18 January 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

As I stated previously before, I cannot play current, nor have I since December. But it is quite easy to find. It literally has a box drawn out for you, so you should be able to find it yourself.

Oh cool. So no evidence? It's funny how I never realize there's a box after 32K battles. 

View PostPixelRage, on 18 January 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

Kinda hard to believe, but okay...

schematic #50 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:49 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 50053 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostPixelRage, on 19 January 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

The auto aim on touch leads in front of the target as well.

Although the way PC auto aim is put into the game does give a slight advantage but we can't help that touch auto aim sucks.

I might argue that the auto aim on touch is somewhat functionally broken. Yes I can manually lead a target using the touch auto aim just fine, but if you test just the mechanics - using no human interaction - there is a distinct difference in not only the initial "locking on" but in retention of the lock. I needed to see it for myself first hand as opposed to on other people's videos. I ran a test scenario(it's on video) and mobile auto aim lost its position on the target more than once after the initial lock on vs the pc auto aim that didn't miss a shot in the scenario. Mind you, this was about the mechanism itself, not my ability to lead a target. That the two are showing themselves, in more than one scenario, to be functionally different, suggests that there is a lack of balance between the two. When you add anecdotes provided in comments like yours here, and those made by others in other videos, the divide shows itself even more. To your point though...no you are not to blame, but here you say it is an advantage. 

So rather than have people attack each other over this...why not have a real discussion?

In this video we see there is a clear leading of the target. Similar evidence was shown in a previous video as well. When you do this on mobile/touch it can certainly lock on initially and maybe even lead a target...at first. Mobile however will indeed lose that position and will eventually trail the target rather than lead it. Is it balanced? Is it a game changer? Is it balanced because pc will lose lock behind hard cover vs mobile that provides tracking assistance even behind cover?

I look at it like so...pc auto aim is like heat seeking target lock on, whereas mobile auto aim is more or less like a target selection and tracking assistance. Mobile gets tripped up by other tanks whereas pc does not (selection/track vs. lock). I have to wonder, is there a functional balance that could be struck between the two control modes to make the functionality the same? For example on touch if I disable auto aim or choose the button option, should it function like pc auto aim where I can now lock on a target? Just because it's different today, does that mean they can't be redone to be the same?

skittlestime #51 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:49 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 49714 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostLoweExpectations, on 18 January 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

Well, if the option for a PC is available for both games, why do they have to play WoT PC? It's not like it's a law.

the statement was "they don't have a mobile device." The answer is go play the non mobile game 

PixelRage #52 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:51 AM

Professional Easter Egg Hunter

• Players
  • 15170 battles

View Postskittlestime, on 19 January 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

the statement was "they don't have a mobile device." The answer is go play the non mobile game 

But Blitz is cross platform with PC/Mac/iOS/Android so it's already "non mobile" game

Edited by PixelRage, 19 January 2017 - 04:55 AM.

Your friendly banned forumer

https://www.youtube..../PixelRageGames

LoweExpectations #53 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:53 AM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

View Postskittlestime, on 18 January 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

But they can still play the mobile game because they have a supported device.

View PostTheMasterStealy141, on 18 January 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

Oh cool. So no evidence? It's funny how I never realize there's a box after 32K battles. 

Kinda hard to believe, but okay...

1. It's quite funny that Pixel and _34 have noticed a box too. 

2. Their mobile devices might not have the processing power to play... don't judge :) 

Steeby141 #54 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:54 AM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45234 battles
  • [STEEB]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 18 January 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

Good vid Stealy.  However, you can re-lead a mobile target and most mobile players do so instinctively.  That said, noobs may not do this.  A poor player on PC gets it done for them automatically.  The lead apparently given (if it's reliably being given, and I didn't feel it was in all battles I played) on Blitz PC - if it's truly being calculated, which seems unlikely, but if it's proven, then... well, yeah.  That's significant.

It is being calculated. Why else would the reticle appear in front of the tank going full speed and manage to hit every time? 

Yes you can manually lead targets on mobile, but it's not as accurate, especially at long range. 

Storm216 #55 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:56 AM

Wait, HEAT isn't standard ammo?!

• Players
  • 27190 battles
  • [FILTH]

Why are people confused on the difference between mobile and PC auto-aim? :amazed:

PC: locks to center of mass, can only be activated if you have line of sight to the target, stays locked until you disengage it, the enemy ceases to be spotted, or the enemy is destroyed, will lead targets reliably without your having to adjust it manually (i.e., move the mouse).

Mobile: can lock anywhere on a tank or just slightly ahead or behind it but is not infallible (can disengage/shift without being told to), enemy only needs to be spotted for it to engage, can lead targets but you have to decide how much to lead the enemy (i.e., move the reticle yourself).

LoweExpectations #56 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:58 AM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

View PostTheMasterStealy141, on 18 January 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

It is being calculated. Why else would the reticle appear in front of the tank going full speed and manage to hit every time? 

Yes you can manually lead targets on mobile, but it's not as accurate, especially at long range. 

If your tank is still and you are shooting long range, autoaim shouldn't be used in the first place... manual aim is far superior. 

Silevern #57 Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:00 AM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17616 battles

I'm going to presume that bringing this up is related to the Blitz Brawls that didn't allow KB/M players... if not just ignore this

I think it's safe to presume that most of the skilled players participating in Blitz Brawls have been playing for quite a while, and I also think it's safe to say that at a certain skill level it really doesn't matter what device you're playing on. I don't personally think KB/M has some kind of inherent advantage over touch controls... when firing at long range a skilled player on touch can aim just as accurately as a skilled player using KB/M. When playing in Blitz Brawl it doesn't matter if your fingers are moving a mouse or are dragging across a screen, what matters is the mind that's controlling those fingers. Your movements, who you decide to attack, where you position yourself, that's what makes the difference, not the particular device you're using.

So yes it's interesting that PC gives lead to targets. Yes it's interesting that PC auto aim will immediately aim dead center instead of aiming at the location in the hitbox that touch can. But in the context of Blitz Brawl and other competitive play populated by skilled and experienced players, does it matter?

And to bring this outside of Blitz Brawl and to extend it more towards the rest of the game, I don't think unicum players will suddenly find it harder to beat an enemy player who is using KB/M.

In the end there might be the appearance that KB/M is advantageous, because KB/M is a relatively new platform whereas touch controls have been around since the game's introduction more than two years ago. I personally think they even out, because both have strengths and weaknesses that prevent one platform from becoming more effective than the other. In the end it comes down to what feels more comfortable to you.

Steeby141 #58 Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:09 AM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45234 battles
  • [STEEB]

View PostLoweExpectations, on 18 January 2017 - 11:58 PM, said:

If your tank is still and you are shooting long range, autoaim shouldn't be used in the first place... manual aim is far superior. 

Maybe that's why your hitrate is so low...

Fishy___ #59 Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:10 AM

Mega Scrub

• Players
  • 37777 battles
  • [RGN]
Mobile auto-aim does have a little box in which the reticle 'sticks' to the tank. That is if you are using auto aim. If you aren't, then it's a different story. If you really want and believe it is so much of an advantage, just get WG to get rid of PC auto-aim or make it similar to mobile.

Big Noob

Fishy___ #60 Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:11 AM

Mega Scrub

• Players
  • 37777 battles
  • [RGN]

View PostTheMasterStealy141, on 18 January 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

Maybe that's why your hitrate is so low...

Lol. That's probably the first time I have ever seen hit rate bashed.

Big Noob

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users