• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

michaeltsoon #21 Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:07 PM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 36348 battles
  • [HATED]

View Postmlacunza, on 20 January 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

The worst thing is in Spanish the censor blocks good words and not the bad :facepalm:

Huh? Define "good"  and "bad"

To the OP: yes, most Spanish speaking people I've ran across don''t understand what anyone's saying, yolos, and says "jajajajj" for the rest of the match (then insults you when you try to question him after the game)

Data/Video Analyof [HATED] - Hated for a reason.

Founder of [PZ3] - Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left" - Bertrand Russell 

My stats

cheasesteak #22 Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20447 battles
  • [COD-R]
People who cuss in text, where it isn't just a reaction, but a conscious decision on what to type, are people who have trouble expressing themselves in civilized terms.  They are worth ignoring in any language. 

... and Epstein didn’t kill himself

WSOR_Matt #23 Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9968 battles
  • [BY]

It might be troublesome to block other languages, especially when languages share words and word-spellings. How do you suggest WG goes about blocking languages? Adding more code to decipher what languages messages are being written in? Do all the words need to be in the language you need to block? What if a message has one Spanish word and, as a result, you do not receive the message? 

I am not against a user-activated language block that would let users accept only messages from languages that you personally select. It's not like the messages are going to help you in terms of strategy if you can't understand them. On top of that, they congest your screen and make potentially useful messages harder to read while on the move in game. Think of it as building a cyber wall, if you will. 

"When Clash of Clans sends its players, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing low damage. They're bringing YOLO mentality. They're bad. And some, I assume, are good commanders." 

tankcrunch_2017 #24 Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:28 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 211 battles

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 20 January 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

I recently ran across a guy who was extremely toxic in game toward me for literally no reason at all. You know, "f---ing noob", "f--- u", etc. But the thing is, he typed his insults in Spanish (I've taken Spanish for a few years now, so it was clear to me), so he pretty much had free reign over the in-game censorship system, which only censors swears and stuff in English. I mean, thoroughly censoring every single language's swears and slurs will take a while, but might be able to prevent some all caps shouting matches from starting. What's your opinion?

blocklist him, ignore and move on, don't post on forums about it

InkaPanzer #25 Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:40 AM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 57780 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View Postmichaeltsoon, on 27 January 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

Huh? Define "good"  and "bad"

To the OP: yes, most Spanish speaking people I've ran across don''t understand what anyone's saying, yolos, and says "jajajajj" for the rest of the match (then insults you when you try to question him after the game)

Haha they do the same like you, but in your case it's worst because you insult 9 years old child.. Shut up!

Saludos desde Perú!

RandomDeamon #26 Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48951 battles
  • [FL0CK]
I love how WG does nothing to educate new players on how to play because it makes them money. Instead they sensor the word noob in game. Don't solve the problem just try to cover it up. LOL. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users