Clan poisoning the well?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

59yofart #1 Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:41 AM

Private

• Players
  • 595 battles
Haven't been playing this too long and in fact I had put it down awhile ago because of the awful hate spewing immature behavior I was witness to! But this game company drew me back in awhile ago and play it again once in a while. Being only up to tier 3 I know that there's a lot to learn! But today's experience just takes the cake! I'm no kid, just an old man trying to have a little fun. So I don't rush out to get slaughtered like so many do. Taking advantage of my surroundings and dishing out a bunch of damage there were only 3 tanks left on my side and 3 enemy sitting on cap with two more running around. Seeing that nobody else was going to move and reset the cap, I made the move. Sliding down a hill I proceeded to shoot the tanks on cap and getting shot from behind from another unseen enemy, I was wondering why the other 2 were just sitting there watching. After killing two my end came and I sent out the message thanks guys and how worthless they were. But one did manage to finish off the remaining tanks and sends me messages calling me Nancy and how funny he thought it was to just farm kills at the expense of the team. I looked him up and low and behold he's got over 21 thousand games and is the lead of a clan, playing tiers 3 and jerking new players around like me for fun! This just conferms my earlier assessment of the environment the game foster's and I'll never consider joining a clan, let alone one that identifies itself with a long dead Roman empire! Yes, I called him an a s s and blocked him, but will probably quit playing this game for obvious reasons. When the leaders of a group sanctioned by the developers think that it's their personal entitled right to abuse the spirit of a team game and get away with it to this point, there's no place for a grown up. What's the sense in trying when this is what motivates these so called leaders to act in such a shameless manner and then proudly insult you after? I'll never get it I guess and nobody else cares enough to use their strength of character to play an honest game and have fun. Maybe I've lived too long and those days are gone forever, but time has a way of biting you in the you know where, so enjoy your warped sense of fun now! Corruption has a way of destroying whatever it becomes an ingrained part of the host.

AlphaDeltaEpsilon #2 Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:46 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6035 battles
  • [IRH]

Please don't let this color your view of clans. 

Although some clans (not going to name and shame) are toxic, the majority are decent. Well, I take that back. The majority of 'proper' clans with an active out-of-game presence are decent. 

Please tell me you screenshotted and reported whoever it was. 

Also, welcome to the forums :)

Masteries: T-34-85, Luchs, Flakroaster, JPanther x2, KV-2, SU-152, Panzer IVs, BT-2, T18

Tanks I like: M6, Pz. II G, Luchs, T-28, T-34-85, KV-1 (sold), 

Current Garage (* = fully researched): M5 Stuart, M4 Sherman*, Panzer IVs*, M7*, M4A3E8*, T20*, M6 (Woo crew grind!), Hellcat*, T25AT*, Luchs*, JPanther*, MT-25*, T-28*, T-34-85*, KV-1S*, KV-2*, IS, SU-152*, B1, and zero slot(s). (How did I get 20 slots?)

RIP Stats

awesomeplayer9690 #3 Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20921 battles
Clans are clans, but most aren't fans

"The greatest gift is time. Giving time is giving away part of your life that you'll never get back." - Anonymous

"Can't get ammo-racked if I bring no ammo"

[HOW TO] Stat Signature |

zerquetch #4 Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:48 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17299 battles
  • [FOAD]

Hmm...maybe we need a repost/pin of the Community Pledge 

I have run a clan for a while. I do not have awesome stats as I try to train my younger players. There is wonderful player retention in my clan because I don't tolerate raging, flaming, trash talking. 

I've even punted a deputy over it.

new members get 1 strike.

if I receive a complaint from another lead or player, I'm on it.

most leads I have reported poor behaviour to respond quite well. 

Not everyone is trying be decent.

Such is life.

There is a good feeling in being actively involved.

Not 1 person in my clan has been sanctioned, banned, or even suspended in over 10 months.

Please, rethink clans.

So this baby seal walks into a club...

zerquetch #5 Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:50 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17299 battles
  • [FOAD]
Oh, and btw...wg awarded to s with premium time because of this, that rocks

Steeby141 #6 Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:05 AM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45234 battles
  • [STEEB]

59yofart #7 Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:48 AM

Private

• Players
  • 595 battles
Well none of the comments changed my mind. If anything, it's gotten worse the past few months and wth is up with players that refuse to even try to play as a team? It's always on my side and the reds are together, nothing random about it! I can play ten games and have that be the case every time?  No argument can explain it and there's ALWAYS some boob that tries to do just that! But the clan thing is out of hand, count in and swarming the non members are equivalent to beating a dead horse! But it goes on unabated. This game has went down a path that's led to the most absolute unfun thing ever. I can't see anything good about introducing this clan thing. Tell me how it made anything better!

59yofart #8 Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:53 AM

Private

• Players
  • 595 battles

View PostTheMasterStealy141, on 21 January 2017 - 06:05 AM, said:

wth is up with this?

t4four #9 Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:14 AM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 34485 battles
  • [SPUDX]
I have to say, it seems as if you got bitter pretty quick. I'm sorry for that. This game has plenty of d-bags but it also has lots of stand up folks. Just like in real life. You are thrown in with people and personalities that you would never run into in real life. At least not on a continuous basis. Sometimes things gel and sometimes it is oil and water. Personally, I would have given up the game by now if it weren't for my clan. We vent to each other. Help with each other's weaknesses. Celebrate milestones and successes. Not all clans are the same and it is unfair to judge them as such. Maybe keep slogging it out until you find your niche. Maybe don't. It is really up to you.
I like turtles

Mispelled_Username #10 Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:21 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 29288 battles
  • [MSELF]

View Postt4four, on 23 January 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

I have to say, it seems as if you got bitter pretty quick. I'm sorry for that. This game has plenty of d-bags but it also has lots of stand up folks. Just like in real life. You are thrown in with people and personalities that you would never run into in real life. At least not on a continuous basis. Sometimes things gel and sometimes it is oil and water. Personally, I would have given up the game by now if it weren't for my clan. We vent to each other. Help with each other's weaknesses. Celebrate milestones and successes. Not all clans are the same and it is unfair to judge them as such. Maybe keep slogging it out until you find your niche. Maybe don't. It is really up to you.

^^^^^^ This is good he is right, it seems you have your mind made up that you just don't like clans. I can relate, the two clans I was in before 501 were not that fun, too much toxicity or raging or talking about IRL stuff when I really play a game to get away from it all. 

Maybe someday you will find a clan that's right for you, and even if you don't, remember that you always have the ability to create a clan and shape it how you want. If your clan works out that idea can spread and maybe the game can be more enjoyable for us all.

Good Luck out there,

Squirrel

Edited by lookedsquirrel7, 24 January 2017 - 02:21 AM.

zerquetch #11 Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17299 battles
  • [FOAD]

View Postlookedsquirrel7, on 23 January 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

^^^^^^ This is good he is right, it seems you have your mind made up that you just don't like clans. I can relate, the two clans I was in before 501 were not that fun, too much toxicity or raging or talking about IRL stuff when I really play a game to get away from it all. 

Maybe someday you will find a clan that's right for you, and even if you don't, remember that you always have the ability to create a clan and shape it how you want. If your clan works out that idea can spread and maybe the game can be more enjoyable for us all.

Good Luck out there,

Squirrel

+1

thats what I did. It's a bit of work but I got lucky and got 2 great bros early. We share a ton of info. Now my clan is full,

I use a 21d inactive policy.

we are at max supply level and love the discounts!

i don't recruit, don't need to as ppl see the value in an online community.

but, at the end of the day, it's up to you 

never forget: it's the lone wolf that dies alone.

59yofart #12 Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:42 PM

Private

• Players
  • 595 battles
OK thanks! There may be some positive people on here.

olddatsunfan #13 Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34394 battles
  • [-CFR-]
Overall, I think clans have improved the game.  In general, the better clans police their members pretty well and the clan leaders are usually stand up folks.  The benefits of being in a decent clan out weigh any negatives in my opinion.  Don't let the negativity take away from the experience ...
QO6Y0A8.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users