29 replies to this topic

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #21 Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:34 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 46270 battles
  • [RNSF]

View PostBolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD, on 26 January 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

What?  SU-85i.  Favorite Tier V

but you quoted a post recommending the su-85b, the tier four. 

I'm probably not the best source of TD tips, but pay attention to where you see other TDs play. React to the map, judge where and when you can pump damage safely. Track anything that tries to rush you, and spam that sos 

canine prints have claw marks, mans best friend camo does not; mans best friend is cat.

_Maho_Nishizumi_212 #22 Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4828 battles
  • [A-R-C]

I'm probably not the best source of TD tips, but pay attention to where you see other TDs play. React to the map, judge where and when you can pump damage safely. Track anything that tries to rush you, and spam that sos 

Very true. You have to keep moving. Pop up in a spot, fire untill ur spotted, then move-far away. Pop up somewhere else, then continue shooting.

It's a common tactic called "shoot and scoot"

"Hit the target when you fire, let your defences be of iron, and advance in perfect order. That is the way of Nishizumi-ryu." -Maho Nishizumi

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #23 Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:03 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 46270 battles
  • [RNSF]

View PostLord_Voldemort_, on 27 January 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

Very true. You have to keep moving. Pop up in a spot, fire untill ur spotted, then move-far away. Pop up somewhere else, then continue shooting.

It's a common tactic called "shoot and scoot"

far-away isnt always necessary or ideal, as long as you can duck into cover long enough for the reds to turn their guns elsewhere. 

as op was talking specifically about fast firing tds, the best tip is to make better trades. the best trade is you shooting red and not getting shot back, but if you can permatrack someone in front of other guns, it might be worth eating a shell... thats something youve gotta judge for yourself at the moment.

canine prints have claw marks, mans best friend camo does not; mans best friend is cat.

_Maho_Nishizumi_212 #24 Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4828 battles
  • [A-R-C]
I say far away because I'm less likely to be spotted. I don't like being seen. I get seen, I die.

"Hit the target when you fire, let your defences be of iron, and advance in perfect order. That is the way of Nishizumi-ryu." -Maho Nishizumi

Ebatrionaty #25 Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10789 battles
  • [LGEND]

Thank for all the tips :)

[My Loves: SP1C, LTTB, KV-2]

MaxEfficiency #26 Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7428 battles

If you desire a TD line to pad your dmg statistic at relatively low tier while learning the gameplay, get SU line.

I loved SU-100 and SU-85B and adore the SU-152

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/ZofXqDL.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/ZofXqDL.gif</a>Gotta love platooning with competent players

MaxEfficiency #27 Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7428 battles
It also helps to go in training rooms and just drive around looking for good locations... done that with the newer or reworked maps which really helped my positioning
<a href='http://i.imgur.com/ZofXqDL.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/ZofXqDL.gif</a>Gotta love platooning with competent players

AlphaDeltaEpsilon #28 Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:52 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5920 battles
  • [IRH]

View PostMaxEfficiency, on 28 January 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

If you desire a TD line to pad your dmg statistic at relatively low tier while learning the gameplay, get SU line.

I loved SU-100 and SU-85B and adore the SU-152

:( I'm having issues with the SU-152 - I can't figure out how aggressively to play it. I've aced it (woo second kolobonov!), and do okay in it (Green stats and rising), but I still can't get a hold on how to play it properly. 

Same with the T25 AT.

Meanwhile, the JPanther has two viable guns. I run the 10,5. I mostly play it as a bush camper, but use the GD to get nice shots over small bumps. I think that the 10,5 has around the perfect amount of alpha/rof - enough dpm to farm damage, and enough rof so that you don't have to pop out too much. The 88 has the issue of needing to pop out more, making hit trading worse. 

Masteries: T-34-85, Luchs, Flakroaster, JPanther x2, KV-2, SU-152, Panzer IVs, BT-2, T18

Tanks I like: M6, Pz. II G, Luchs, T-28, T-34-85, KV-1 (sold), 

Current Garage (* = fully researched): M5 Stuart, M4 Sherman*, Panzer IVs*, M7*, M4A3E8*, T20*, M6 (Woo crew grind!), Hellcat*, T25AT*, Luchs*, JPanther*, MT-25*, T-28*, T-34-85*, KV-1S*, KV-2*, IS, SU-152*, B1, and zero slot(s). (How did I get 20 slots?)

RIP Stats

MaxEfficiency #29 Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7428 battles
SU-152 is an ambusher if using the high alpha... Fire only HE with that, dont know what else :hiding:

5150NinjaWJ #30 Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4560 battles

I'll try to provide some tips. I am a big fan of TDs (turretless ones)

TWO MAIN RULES

1. Never be alone. 
If you get flanked by a fast moving tank, it is very hard to recover.

2. Support your team. You are there to provide fire support, not to soak up damage. Depending on your tank, you may not have tough armor. If you rush into the enemy team, you will die quickly. 

WAYS I PLAY TANK DESTROYERS

1. Second-level support.    i like to follow the heavy tanks on the team. It doesn't really matter to be honest, but heavy tanks have the HP and armor to soak damage and to draw attention away from you. It is important to be aware of your teammates and the enemy. Pop out and  shoot the enemy after they have already fired. That way, the chances of them returning fire are lower. If the enemy retreats behind cover, take up positions to blast them once they peek out. 

2. Camp and snipe. I don't play like this much. I find that unless you are in an excellent spot, most campers aren't contributing anything to the fight. However, you must know when to be flexible. Find a good position, and fire away. Keep in mind your tanks armor, as some heavier TDs can take hits better than others. 

Hope this helps

Edited by 5150NinjaWJ, 17 March 2017 - 05:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users