The Non-Exhaustive List: WoTB anime tanks that "actually served" (Updated with Hetzer Kame S...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Mayjaplaya #1 Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:47 PM

[YYK]

• Players
  • 16046 battles
  • [MBTS]

This is a work in progress. I'll update it as I go along. This is just a friendly poke at Blartch, of course.

Pz. IV Anko SP: Blartch will let you in on the actual combat history of the real Pz. IV. I'm going to talk about what it did in Girls und Panzer. Spoiler alert.

It was initially found in Ausf. D form (with the short 7.5cm KwK 37 L/24), abandoned and in bad but restorable shape, by Miho and the rest of her Senshadou-bu (Tank Combat club).

After restoration and trials, it first saw action in a friendly spar against St. Gloriana, the British-themed team in Girls und Panzer. It slaughtered their Matildas with relative ease (probably not happening in real life, and even in Blitz you'll need to get lucky with HEAT, with that gun), but in the end was defeated by their leader, code-name "Darjeeling", in the Churchill Mk. VII.

Eventually upgraded to Ausf. F2, with the longer 7.5cm KwK 40 L/43 and additional frontal armor. This would prove crucial in their next big battle, against Pravda, the Soviet-themed team. The increased penetration capabilities of the longer gun made cutting down the various T-34s Pravda fielded easier; even the KV-2 Pravda sent out was defeated by a well-aimed shot through the flat weak spot under the gun mantlet, after the KV-2 missed one of its stupid derp shells and was left helpless, of course.

Its final form is the Ausf. H, with the Schurzen spaced armor side skirts and the 7.5cm KwK 40 L/48. This is the version we got in Blitz. The first action this final form got to see was against Kuro Mori Mine, the German-themed team, in the finals of the big Senshadou tournament. It came down to a 1v1 World of Tanks-style brawl between Miho and her Onee-chan, Maho, who was commanding the Kuro Mori Mine Tiger I (Pz. VI Ausf. E), which is in Blitz as well. Because every Blitz warrior wants to carry their team while outnumbered and outgunned, and then beat the best player on the enemy team in a 1v1 brawl, all while in a lower-tier tank.

In the movie (Der Film), the Pz. IV H participated in the battle against the University team, an elite team led by child prodigy Shimada Arisu in the post-war Centurion Mk. I. Due to certain circumstances, Maho was on Miho's team now, and it came down to a 2v1 between Maho + Miho and Arisu. Maho fires a blank into the back of Miho's tank, giving it more momentum as Miho charged Arisu in a suicidal shoot + ram. Both tanks were knocked out, but as Maho's Tiger was still operational, the "good guys" won.

Kuro Mori Mine: still salty I started this game too late to get it. EDIT: I can now set right what once went wrong and get a Kuro for myself.

Kuro Mori Mine, Japanese for Black Forest Peak, is the German-themed team in Girls und Panzer and the main antagonists of the TV series. Kuro Mori Mine use the Tiger I, probably an early 1943 model, as the flagship command tank. The 212 marks on the turret are a reference to the Tiger 212, one of the tanks that was commanded by the infamous Michael Wittmann. In the past, Kuro Mori Mine had won the National Senshadou tournament 9 years in a row, but lost to Pravda in the final the year before the events of the anime, blowing their chance at 10 in a row. Miho, in command of the flagship Tiger I at the time, saw that one of her tanks had fallen off a cliff into the sea. Miho suddenly jumped out of the Tiger and into the water to save the fallen tank's crew. The ensuing confusion opened up a gap for the flagship Tiger to be shot before Kuro Mori Mine's other tanks could meat-shield for it, giving victory to Pravda. For her actions, Miho was exiled from both the school and her family.

The Tiger 212 in real life:

Edited by Mayjaplaya, 05 June 2017 - 05:05 AM.

YYK

Sig credit: Panbun

alexbuildit #2 Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17594 battles
  • [501ST]
I like it :)

Youtube Channel: ALEXBUILDIT PRODUCTIONS

Leader of the 501st, Pm for details.  

AlphaDeltaEpsilon #3 Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6035 battles

Heh.

Masteries: T-34-85, Luchs, Flakroaster, JPanther x2, KV-2, SU-152, Panzer IVs, BT-2, T18

Tanks I like: M6, Pz. II G, Luchs, T-28, T-34-85, KV-1 (sold), 

Current Garage (* = fully researched): M5 Stuart, M4 Sherman*, Panzer IVs*, M7*, M4A3E8*, T20*, M6 (Woo crew grind!), Hellcat*, T25AT*, Luchs*, JPanther*, MT-25*, T-28*, T-34-85*, KV-1S*, KV-2*, IS, SU-152*, B1, and zero slot(s). (How did I get 20 slots?)

RIP Stats

BrassGun #4 Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3604 battles

View PostMayjaplaya, on 27 January 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

This is a work in progress. I'll update it as I go along. This is just a friendly poke at Blartch, of course.

Pz. IV Anko SP: Blartch will let you in on the actual combat history of the real Pz. IV. I'm going to talk about what it did in Girls und Panzer.

It was initially found in Ausf. D form (with the short 7.5cm KwK 37 L/24), abandoned and in bad but restorable shape, by Miho and the rest of her Senshadou-bu.

It first saw action against St. Gloriana, the British-themed team in Girls und Panzer. It slaughtered their Matildas with relative ease (probably not happening in real life, and even in Blitz you'll need to get lucky with HEAT, with that gun), but in the end was defeated by their leader, code-name "Darjeeling", in the Churchill Mk. VII.

Eventually upgraded to Ausf. F2, with the longer 7.5cm KwK 40 L/43 and additional frontal armor. This would prove crucial in their next big battle, against Pravda, the Soviet-themed team. The increased penetration capabilities of the longer gun made cutting down the various T-34s Pravda fielded easier; even the KV-2 Pravda sent out was defeated by a well-aimed shot through the flat weak spot under the gun mantlet, after the KV-2 missed one of its stupid derp shells and was left helpless, of course.

Its final form is the Ausf. H, with the Schurzen spaced armor side skirts and the 7.5cm KwK 40 L/48. This is the version we got in Blitz. The first action this final form got to see was against Kuro Mori Mine, the German-themed team, in the finals of the big Senshadou tournament. It came down to a 1v1 World of Tanks-style brawl between Miho and her Onee-chan, Maho, who was commanding the Kuro Mori Mine Tiger I, which is in Blitz as well. Because every Blitz warrior wants to carry their team while outnumbered and outgunned, and then beat the best player on the enemy team in a 1v1 brawl, all while in a lower-tier tank.

In the movie (Der Film), the Pz. IV H participated in the battle against the University team, an elite team led by child prodigy Shimada Arisu in the post-war Centurion Mk. I. Due to certain circumstances, Maho was now on Miho's team now, and it came down to a 2v1 between Maho + Miho and Arisu. Maho fires a blank into the back of Miho's tank, giving it more momentum as Miho charged Arisu in a suicidal shoot + ram. Both tanks were knocked out, but as Maho's Tiger was still operational, the "good guys" won.

Damn, this is freaking awesome.

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."

-Heinz Guderian.

"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

LtBandanov #5 Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:20 PM

Resident Anime Nub

• Players
  • 20901 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View PostBrassGun, on 27 January 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

Damn, this is freaking awesome.

Well, of course. Girls und Panzer is an awesome anime.

Nice work bringing this to light, Mayja...planning on doing the Kuro or Ha-Go?

"Hit the target when you fire, let your defences be of iron, and advance in perfect order... That is the way of Nishizumi Style." - Shiho Nishizumi.

#65 on Server in the BT-7A

Mayjaplaya #6 Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:13 AM

[YYK]

• Players
  • 16046 battles
  • [MBTS]

View PostLtBandanov, on 27 January 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Well, of course. Girls und Panzer is an awesome anime.

Nice work bringing this to light, Mayja...planning on doing the Kuro or Ha-Go?

Working on it now. Of course, the hero tank gets the most action and coverage, because of protagonist special treatment.

Type 95 Ha-Go:

A single Ha-Go appears in the movie, operated by Fukuda, of the Chi-Ha-Tan Academy, the Japanese-themed team. In the exhibition match against the combined forces of St. Gloriana and Pravda, most of Chi-Ha-Tan charges straight at an entrenched position of Matildas and Darjeeling's Churchill, getting annihilated like the lemmings they were. Fukuda totsugekis as well, but is blocked by the cooler heads from Miho's team Ooarai, who are allied with Chi-Ha-Tan in the exhibition match. She survives to learn guerrilla tactics from Ooarai, and in the battle against the University team, Fukuda suggests to her team that instead of charging head-on into a horde of Pershings with some pathetic pre-war and early-war 37mm-57mm excuses of tanks, they instead resort to guerrilla tactics and attack using the element of surprise.

Edited by Mayjaplaya, 28 January 2017 - 12:39 AM.

YYK

Mayjaplaya #7 Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:31 AM

[YYK]

• Players
  • 16046 battles
  • [MBTS]

Remember this old post?! Now that the GuP Hetzer is being introduced, I'm going to do a write-up on its "service history". Work in progress.

YYK

Mayjaplaya #8 Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:53 AM

[YYK]

• Players
  • 16046 battles
  • [MBTS]

The Girls und Panzer event has started! さあ、始めましょう!

Hetzer Kame SP:

The Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer was used by Ooarai's Kame-san Chimu, Japanese for Turtle Team. The Hetzer is a little turtle-like, isn't it? Originally, the Kame-san Chimu used a regular Panzer 38(t), but it was converted with a kit into a Hetzer. This is not historically accurate: there was no such conversion kit.

The Kame-san Chimu Hetzer debuted in the big finals of the Senshadou tournament, against Kuro Mori Mine. World of Tanks fans familiar with the "Hetzers gonna Hetz" meme got their fair share of Hetzing early, as the Kame-san Chimu kemped bush at a flank of an advancing Kuro Mori Mine formation, shooting the tracks off of a Kuro Jagdpanther and Panther before being detected and retreating.

After that, the Hetzer carried out "Operation Baiter", which is fitting, as Hetzer is German for "bait". It went full Hezhezhez, re-taking the tracks off the Jagdpanther it de-tracked earlier, driving right through the rear of Kuro Mori Mine's formation and out to one side, throwing them into complete disarray and allowing Ooarai's main formation to retreat right through them.

Notice the brighter-colored road wheel; it was just replaced.

After that, the Kame-san Chimu Hetzer pulls off some absolutely insane stunts. When Kuro Mori Mine dropped their Maus on Ooarai, the Hetzer was instrumental in taking it out: it wedged itself under the front of the Maus, stunning it long enough for the Ahiru-san Chimu (Duck Team) in the Type 89B to ramp off the Hetzer, jump onto the Maus's hull, and block the turret long enough for the Anko-san Chimu (Anglerfish Team)'s Pz. IV to shoot through a vent weak spot on the upper rear end of the Maus's hull, disabling it. Obviously, this led to the Hetzer being disabled as well. The only reason the Hetzer was not flattened into a pancake and everyone in it killed was because apparently, in the GuP universe, every tank gets a modern carbon hull liner that can prevent any WWII-era shell from actually penetrating it, and apparently, let a Hetzer wedge under a Maus without being completely flattened. Flimsy excuse, I know.

The Kame-san Chimu Hetzer also appeared in the film. First, it made like a ramp once again, giving a friendly B1 Bis the gun depression needed to shoot right down a bridge, knocking out an enemy T-34.

The Hetzer's pièce de résistance would be against the Karl Gerat. Much like World of Tanks, the Selection University more or less broke the limits as to what could actually be called a tank, and pulled out the Karl Gerat, a self-propelled siege mortar that fired 600mm shells. This time, the Hetzer was on the other end of a ramp and jumped off an flipped-over friendly CV.33 right at the Karl Gerat, knocking it out with a shot through the barrel.

Hetzers gonna Hetz. Hezhezhez.

Postscript

Edited by Mayjaplaya, 26 January 2018 - 03:00 AM.

YYK

MrVinny #9 Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5275 battles

This awesome anime was the reason why I ended up starting to play this game. My only regret is that I didn't find out about both sooner. Better late than never I guess.

Hopefully in future, the next GuP special is the Leopon team's Tiger (P) with nitro boost. Imagine a Tiger (P) going at 70 kph... and then the engine conking out once it gets to destination. LOL.

To be or not to be... that is not the question, lol.

AntoineDodson #10 Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30024 battles
Probs gonna get yelled at for bumping an old thread but I had no clue there were tank cartoons and some of Blitz's tanks are made after these????
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

Warbird1974 #11 Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17294 battles
  • [JSTME]

View PostGableHawk, on 29 August 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

Probs gonna get yelled at for bumping an old thread but I had no clue there were tank cartoons and some of Blitz's tanks are made after these????

I never saw this one. Thanks for bumping it. Kind of cool actually. Makes me want to play my Ha-Go with GuP camo now. :teethhappy:

Ace Mastery: T1 Cunningham, T2 Medium, M2 Medium (x5), M4A3E8 Sherman, T1 Heavy (x2), Pz. Kpfw. II, PanzerJager I (x3), BT-7 (x2), KV-1, SU-85I, Cromwell B, T-28, DW 2, MK I* Heavy Tank (x2), KV-1S, M5 Stuart, Tiger I, FCM 50t, T25/2, ARL 44, Hetzer, T7 Combat Car, S35 CA (3), Pz. B2, Renault FT, SU-100Y (2) (Renault Otsu, SU-76, T2 Light)

"I used to be a 'yolo-er' like you, until I took an APCR to the ammo rack."

Apple_Pen #12 Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6028 battles
  • [SCAMO]
pz IV Anko for the win... brought me to top 1k this event... one of my favorite tanks 11/10
Nein

AntoineDodson #13 Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30024 battles

View PostApple_Pen, on 29 August 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

pz IV Anko for the win... brought me to top 1k this event... one of my favorite tanks 11/10

https://wotblitz.com/en/news/pc-browser/events/gup-announcement/
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

Warbird1974 #14 Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17294 battles
  • [JSTME]

View PostApple_Pen, on 29 August 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

I just can't get past the Anime voices. My teenage daughter gave me a weird look the other day when I was playing it. :teethhappy:

Ace Mastery: T1 Cunningham, T2 Medium, M2 Medium (x5), M4A3E8 Sherman, T1 Heavy (x2), Pz. Kpfw. II, PanzerJager I (x3), BT-7 (x2), KV-1, SU-85I, Cromwell B, T-28, DW 2, MK I* Heavy Tank (x2), KV-1S, M5 Stuart, Tiger I, FCM 50t, T25/2, ARL 44, Hetzer, T7 Combat Car, S35 CA (3), Pz. B2, Renault FT, SU-100Y (2) (Renault Otsu, SU-76, T2 Light)

"I used to be a 'yolo-er' like you, until I took an APCR to the ammo rack."

outersketcher #15 Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12738 battles
  • [COD-R]

I binge-watched the series and then the movies. It's a fun little anime franchise. As long as you can get over the idea of pre-pubescent little girls having the upper body strength to lift and ram those heavy shells into the loading areas. And being able to withstand the heat and vibrations and ... and.. yah..

..and what about the pressure impact from the shells that hit the tanks? The air displacement in the interior of the tank ALONE from a high velocity round slamming into the armor would cause injuries. 

I found myself screaming at the TV screen.. "Ohh COME ON!. That hit woulda shredded their faces off!".. 

You want to see a sobering video.. watch the English demonstration of what a non-penetrating HE round does to few cantaloupes placed inside a large, armored box. The round doesn't penetrate... but what the massive air displacement does to those cantaloupes.. good lord. We are a sick and twisted species of animal. 

Still.. the series was fun to watch. I enjoyed it.

Edited by outersketcher, 29 August 2017 - 07:20 PM.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users