Trade Secrets

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Corn_Pop #1 Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:04 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

Open question: Do you gave a technique or tactic that can give you an advantage?

Here is a couple of mine.

1. Auto-Aim Glitch- When in auto aim I noticed that regardless of tank location always focuses on center mass. Using cover I expose part of tank. I will rock back and forth. If I see gun of Oppo moving I know is in auto aim. By timing the tank you are facing pull back when they about to fire. Will shoot obstacles not you. Very effective with second tank next to you. The auto aim will pull with you even when they adjust in manual. Giving second tank clean shot. 

2. HE Rounds- When using premium tanks try to fire first few rounds with HE. Most players conclude you are noob. Break cover and are tracked and destroyed.

When finishing an enemy I always use HE. Must be under 200hp. 

When facing a TD with no option of immediate relo will use to create some damage. Works well against entrenched E3's. They are not used to taking damage from front and tend to spook.

These are a few add yours.

The_Gister #2 Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10051 battles
  • [PRAMO]

One thing, why use HE on a low target opponent, when you can surely one shot him with AP.

^This only applies to lightly armored targets though.

Just Wait until Clan Wars come out...

Corn_Pop #3 Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]
I noticed a lot of my shots bounced. I use soviet tanks. Accuracy always in question. Found HE never failed, just had to make contact.

ChunkySquirrel #4 Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

The Witcher

• Players
  • 14342 battles

View PostThe_Gister, on 13 November 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

One thing, why use HE on a low target opponent, when you can surely one shot him with AP.

he still does splash damage its a valid tactic i do what he does

Wenn vor uns ein feindlicher Panzer erscheint,
Wird Vollgas gegeben und ran an den Feind.
Was gilt denn unser Leben für uns'res Reiches Heer? Ja, Reiches Heer.

Für Deutschland zu sterben ist uns're höchste Ehr'.

Kevin_Thebeast #5 Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23573 battles
  • [-M--]

View Postr0cket_3, on 13 November 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

I noticed a lot of my shots bounced. I use soviet tanks. Accuracy always in question. Found HE never failed, just had to make contact.

Definitely this. It's safer.

Augustus_Sohn #6 Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:27 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13380 battles
  • [III-H]
I swear I saw a video somewhere that you can even shoot the ground next to the tank and it will cause splash damage. I haven't done this, but I have shot underneath bigger TDs when in desperate circumstances and done damage.

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

thunderthies #7 Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:32 PM

Not a Hoax

• Club Wargaming
  • 14230 battles
Nice, dude. +1

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels

Corn_Pop #8 Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:21 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

View Postthunderthies, on 13 November 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

Nice, dude. +1

Depending on responses. Was thinking maybe you could put together responses in your next guide installment. For medium/advanced tactics guide. 

Stegs #9 Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:35 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4902 battles

I don't see too many people shooting bar on E-100 or Fatpanzer cupola, so I'll say that.

In Desert Sands, when I am a lower tier medium, I rush through the opponent mediums, while my friendly mediums get to deal with the enemies that are swinging their turrets back. One downfall to this is that it only works if you have reliable allies. Another downfall is that if mistimed, it could a sad sandwich.

Finally, one for the Jagdpanzer: sometimes, it is worth it to do 400+ damage alongside crew and module damage instead of waiting of heavily armored targets to expose a weakspot. The reload may be slow, but it is still faster than a T-44's 122mm.

Community Pledge Signer

Former Master of High Ping 

diagonalorange #10 Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40462 battles
  • [GRIM]
Good thread.  I like the old forward reverse fake-out.  Let me explain; you are in a standoff with another tank that needs only one shot and there is a building/object between you.  I am usually in the slower tank and I know if I move forward around the building, the other tank will move to flank me coming around the other side.  Instead of the predictable circle around the building I begin to move forward until I see the other tank commit to flanking then slam it in reverse to catch him coming around and fire the kill shot.  Surprising how often I find myself in this situation and it has never failed me, the other tank is totally caught off guard.  Important note that you have to be sure you only need one shot to finish them because you are exposing your rear to the enemy tank.

someguyfromPitt #11 Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 49208 battles
  • [III]
I post globally "let's all camp at base" when I start then take the hill on mines. Hopefully the enemy doesn't rush as fast and it gives me a second or two to get into position. 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

mmohaupt #12 Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:03 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11857 battles
  • [III-R]

Here is some solid advice:

Heavies are not TD's

Mediums are not Heavies

But in all seriousness know your role and play your role. Advice from the "dead" can sometimes be useful so don't ignore all of it. Oh yeah one more tip, boxes walls and other objects that eat shells are great initial cover. I like to hide behind (hull down) boxes to draw out the Reds. I shoot let them "shoot the box" then hit them again while retreating back to cover. If you see me in the open and there is a box covering my Lower Glacias plate you will know why. 

~M

Kevin_Thebeast #13 Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23573 battles
  • [-M--]

View Postmmohaupt, on 20 November 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

I shoot let them "shoot the box" then hit them again while retreating back to cover. If you see me in the open and there is a box covering my Lower Glacias plate you will know why. 

~M

I found an IS using my favorite truck this morning.

N2rock #14 Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:36 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4766 battles

View PostThe_Gister, on 13 November 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

There's a few reason why HE is a better move

-some tanks, HE rounds cost less money (My T95, HE rounds cost 600 credits less than normal AP rounds)

-if there is an enemy in the cap circle and you must make sure you reset the cap. If you shoot an AP round and it bounces, the cap is not reset. HE rounds just need to make contact and the cap is reset

-and as mentioned in previous post, if the enemy is real low on health and you want to guarantee the hit instead of risking an AP bounce.

-HE rounds also do splash damage, you can damage nearby enemies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users