• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

_Pandageddon #21 Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

Tunnels Concep

• Players
  • 26010 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostPOL4R, on 07 February 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

I am a KB/M player because i don't have a mobile device capable of running Blitz. However, rumors have always been around that it for some reason had an advantage. People complain about auto aim, and they even thought KB/M had more zoom. All of this is false, and im glad WG is officially recognizing it. 

Well I mean, if they judge KB/M by how you're playing, very unlikely there is a advantage. :popcorn:

WG isn't recognizing that KB/M and Touch don't have a advantage over one or the other, it's YOU failing to recognize the real point of CC Slys post. They are reversing their decision because there aren't enough KB/M teams who signed up. This has NOTHING to do with advantages, I'm not sure how hard that is for you to understand. 

View PostPOL4R, on 07 February 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

*doesn't understand why what i said was stupid and why you dont get it, but takes the gif because its good*

Oh no, I got it, trust me. It was just so stupid that a proper way of response was to use a gif of Tom Cruise. 

WoTBStars - BlitzStars  

_War_Child_ #22 Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:57 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 34981 battles
  • [III]
Best news I've heard all week.  Thanks Sly!

Faze_destoyer #23 Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11055 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View Post_War_Child_, on 07 February 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

Best news I've heard all week.  Thanks Sly!

I truly hope your week improves if this is the best news you've heard.

mike82198 #24 Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32976 battles
  • [PRAMO]

Let's have a simple Encounter tournament for once. It's been all Supremacy for far too long. 

PlusSizeSkinnyJeans #25 Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:41 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 14671 battles
  • [DD-R]

Cool.

Having joined the PC Master Race.

On PC a guy with money can buy a huge advantage.

If you have to ask how, you cant afford it.

Once the PC playing Clans dominate the Tournies, I fear a separation will arise then, but until then, PC players, lets sop up the Gravy.

As productive as that is, I've seen your stats. You aren't even good at predicting the present.

-clever_pseudonym 

wannabeunicum #26 Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20997 battles
  • [-AFK-]

ENCOUNTER
PLZ
STOP MAKING SUPREMACY

supremacy is a terrible mode.

crazychimp69 #27 Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:36 PM

Clubs Wargaming

• Players
  • 23876 battles
  • [IRD]
  1. More tournaments with round robins
  2. Maybe have a tier limit like on PC 7/68 (5 tier 10s and 2 tier 9s OR 6 tier 10s and 1 tier 8)
  3. Keep doing supremacy. It's fun and changes things up in a positive way

Wolfpack355

skittlestime #28 Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 44942 battles
  • [GRIM]
Wait so 9 teams couldn't use touch devices and you all ditch the split. That was the stupidest experiment ever. Those 9 teams should download wot PC and have a blast.   

Edited by skittlestime, 07 February 2017 - 11:48 PM.

Hardy_R #29 Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:06 AM

CWNA Council

• Players
  • 23495 battles
  • [O-VII]
I'd like to see more round robin tournaments.  It's nice knowing you have a guaranteed 7 matches to fight.

reluctanttheist #30 Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:29 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 17415 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostR0CKET, on 07 February 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

Cool.

Having joined the PC Master Race.

On PC a guy with money can buy a huge advantage.

If you have to ask how, you cant afford it.

Once the PC playing Clans dominate the Tournies, I fear a separation will arise then, but until then, PC players, lets sop up the Gravy.

Here.  I'll tell the people about this 'huge' advantage:

• With a good gaming mouse and accompanying drivers, you can scale your mouse movement so that manual aim isn't a major disadvantage.  I think this is really important to someone getting serious about Blitz on PC
  • The PC need not be anything fancy - not even a gaming PC.  You should get a dedicated video card (recommend against integrated graphics)
  • If you buy a multi-button mouse, you can program some buttons to do ammo selection
  • You have a big screen to help target weak spots (not a big advantage from an iPad, but a big jump from an iPhone) and slightly larger minimap for better monitoring of tank positions
  • You can customize keyboard shortcuts but the out-of-the-box shortcuts are pretty good
  • I think I've had fewer ghost shells with PC
  • Driving (once you get used to reversing, which seems backwards initially) is more precise

All this jaw about the OP-ness of the PC platform is, to a large measure, puffery.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

schematic #31 Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:30 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42504 battles
  • [GRIM]
I see that tier X tournament got cancelled because not enough teams signed up. Since WG apparently has the habit of shutting things down based on one flawed data point does that mean tier X tournaments are cancelled from now on?

gibsocy #32 Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:52 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22566 battles
  • [GRIM]

Let me see if I can get this straight:

WG announces Feb to be the "separate but equal" month for tournaments. 

WG fields first tournament of the month to overlap with the SuperBowl.

Clans scramble desperately to field a team due to the SuperBowl.

WG announces that it has spent millions upon millions to run ads during the SuperBowl.

2/3 of the touch tournament is fielded.   Tournament runs - many clans forfeit on Sunday due to SuperBowl.

Not enough kbm teams are fielded.  Kbm tourney canceled. 

WG decides that a flawed data point of one, namely, not enough kbm teams signed up = Feb separate but equal time over, forever. 

Wouldn't another way to see the same data indicate that touch only still yields substantial involvement, even on SuperBowl Sunday?

WG's analytics needs some work.  Unless the outcome was predetermined.

crazychimp69 #33 Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:02 AM

Clubs Wargaming

• Players
  • 23876 battles
  • [IRD]

Can you please not run 2 tournaments simultaneously? At least run 1 day after another. If you run 2 at the same time, there won't be enough teams for both. 

Also, PLEASE ADVERTISE TOURNAMENTS!!!!

Asia server advertises their tournaments which I assume means it's possible. If you advertise, you will get more players and teams to join and then, MAYBE, you might be able to run 2 tournaments simultaneously

Wolfpack355

RH_131 #34 Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:32 AM

Maus Master

• Players
  • 27045 battles
  • [PURPL]

E N C O U N T E R      T O U R N A M E N T S    P L E A S E!

I mean I didn't play this gamemode for 2 years to completely throw it away for a half baked one that promotes camping and hiding instead of actual fighting.

#1 Maus Damage Record Holder

"We just lost to 2 tanks that shouldn't even be considered for clan wars"-Anonymous after being defeated by the PNCR Maus tank division.

Tanks I need to buy: T110E4, M46 Patton, Obj 704, Caernarvon, Leopard, Centurion 7/1
Tanks I own: M103, T95, M3 Light, T7 Car, KV-4, IS-7, Rhm Borsig, and Tortoise 
Tanks I own(and like): E-50 M, E-100, Jg. Pz. E-100, Luchs, Maus, Jagdtiger 88, Leopard 1, Obj 140, IS-3D, Van Helsing, LTP, KV2, T-54, Kuro, Chi Ri, Su 100M1, and Pz 4 Anko
Favorite Tank: M4A3E8 FURY!!!!!!
          I now have a YouTube channel, if you enjoy disappointment press the subscribe button

PlusSizeSkinnyJeans #35 Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:28 AM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 14671 battles
  • [DD-R]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 07 February 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Here.  I'll tell the people about this 'huge' advantage:

• With a good gaming mouse and accompanying drivers, you can scale your mouse movement so that manual aim isn't a major disadvantage.  I think this is really important to someone getting serious about Blitz on PC
  • The PC need not be anything fancy - not even a gaming PC.  You should get a dedicated video card (recommend against integrated graphics)
  • If you buy a multi-button mouse, you can program some buttons to do ammo selection
  • You have a big screen to help target weak spots (not a big advantage from an iPad, but a big jump from an iPhone) and slightly larger minimap for better monitoring of tank positions
  • You can customize keyboard shortcuts but the out-of-the-box shortcuts are pretty good
  • I think I've had fewer ghost shells with PC
  • Driving (once you get used to reversing, which seems backwards initially) is more precise

All this jaw about the OP-ness of the PC platform is, to a large measure, puffery.

Keep selling it Boo.

The Mobile players are starting to buy it.

Love it.

Question:

Mods are "illegal" on Mobile because it requires  Device alteration. Which is not an option for all Mobile players. Well, when it was Mobile.

But since PC came along. And Mods are availible to all PC players without Device Modification, doesnt that mean that all Mods are Legal?

Like Hitskins offer no advantage, just like PC is no real advantage.

Another question. Have you played in a Tourney? 

Edited by R0CKET, 08 February 2017 - 04:48 AM.

As productive as that is, I've seen your stats. You aren't even good at predicting the present.

-clever_pseudonym 

reluctanttheist #36 Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:13 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 17415 battles
  • [III-H]

Yes, I've played in a tourney.  

The mods question is another thing - but I have looked high and low for mods for PC Blitz, and I have found nothing.  For the full-blown WoT yes - but those are on dodgy sites.  PC WoT mods don't work on Blitz.  To this time, I haven't personally found or seen any proof of mods for the Blitz on PC/Steam.  Not to say they don't exist; I just don't have any evidence.

I agree that putting KB/M in a separate group solves any real (or perceived) inequities for competitions.

Edited by reluctanttheist, 08 February 2017 - 04:40 PM.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

Oxbridge #37 Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:33 AM

Villain Behind Glasses

• Players
  • 11778 battles
  • [IRD]

I hope to put to rest the tangent this post has triggered by simply saying that due to the insufficient amount of players who are on KB/M, whatever advantages they may have, whether they be perceived as being real or not, is statistically insignificant to the larger scale of the whole entire game itself. Every so often you will meet a KB/M player in battle and you will have to fight them, just as equally as you will have a KB/M player on your own team. Please do not allow yourself to become distracted by needless quarrels.

The original intent of the post was to announce some changes into how tournaments will be administered and to inform the player-base of what to expect in the future. I have every confidence that WG Staff, including the man himself, CC_Sly, is reading this entire thread to gather suggestions from you all to possibly implement into the future as well. I for one look forward to whatever plans WG is going to put into place for us all to experience and to invigorate our enjoyment of this game that should not be taken for granted.

o7

Spoiler

Jonny_the_Brit #38 Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14290 battles
  • [-007-]

View PostCC_Sly, on 07 February 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

Heya Tankers!

So - we tried out the whole separated by input type. With only 9 teams signing up for the KB/M tournament - it had to be cancelled. An unfortunate event, but we need at minimum of 64 Teams registered in order to run a Blitz Brawl - Battlegrounds style tournament.

Due to this, we are putting a stop to the separation of input types in regular tournaments. In major tournaments that may end up with an offline portion - there may need to be separation in order to assure consistency across teams, but that will be a bridge we cross when we come to it!

For now we plan on adjusting the remaining tournaments in February to allow both control types. This does present us with an interesting opportunity. We have prizing scheduled for tournaments that no longer need to happen. The prizing is also hard coded so I cannot customize the amounts.

Let's run some other tournaments alongside the regular high tier ones! The big question is what should the variables be? Post your ideas below!

Controllable Variables 

• Tier Limit 
  • Team Size (Must all be in the same clan)
  • Number of players allowed in the battle (1-7)
  • Maps
  • Battle type (Supremacy or Encounter)
  • Round Robin / Double Elimination / Single Elimination Style
    • Blitz Brawl / Blitz Battlegrounds Style
  • First to 1, 2, or 3 wins
  • etc.

Notes

• Win rates/Skill ARE NOT filters we can use.
  • Seeding is random.

Thank you. And I for one would like to put this KBM/Touch debate to bed until someone has enough evidence to demonstrate that control/input type makes has a bigger influence on performance than screen size, connection quality or a dozen other variables. The only reason we have this debate is that platform (note: NOT control type) can be identified easily, whereas screen size etc. cannot.

_34 #39 Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 19206 battles
  • [PRAMO]
:popcorn:
#NOTMYUPDATE

AlphaDeltaEpsilon #40 Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5767 battles
  • [IRH]

View PostPOL4R, on 07 February 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

I am a KB/M player because i don't have a mobile device capable of running Blitz. However, rumors have always been around that it for some reason had an advantage. People complain about auto aim, and they even thought KB/M had more zoom. All of this is false, and im glad WG is officially recognizing it. 

Autoaim is more noob friendly. 

KB/M zoom is better once you get used to it. 

Masteries: T-34-85, Luchs, Flakroaster, JPanther x2, KV-2, SU-152, Panzer IVs, BT-2, T18

Tanks I like: M6, Pz. II G, Luchs, T-28, T-34-85, KV-1 (sold), 

Current Garage (* = fully researched): M5 Stuart, M4 Sherman*, Panzer IVs*, M7*, M4A3E8*, T20*, M6 (Woo crew grind!), Hellcat*, T25AT*, Luchs*, JPanther*, MT-25*, T-28*, T-34-85*, KV-1S*, KV-2*, IS, SU-152*, B1, and zero slot(s). (How did I get 20 slots?)

RIP Stats

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users