SweatyFalcon #41 Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8269 battles
  • [FLEET]

View PostVonMiller58, on 07 February 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

T-43 facing tier X?

ouch

Even Stalin can't compete with future Stalin.

( Me imagining a T-43 vs. Obj. 140)

Made by Panbun

"I haven’t failed at anything, I’ve just found all the wrong ways of doing it!!"      

Clan Recruitment: Here    Discord:   FLEET   ARMDA

_Duncan_Idaho_ #42 Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24128 battles
  • [DUNE_]

View PostPOL4R, on 07 February 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

Finally you realize that KB/M doesn't have an advantage over Touch! 

I have played on both and I can see the advantage of each. However, KB/M clearly has a very strong advantage with auto-aim. Locking onto a target is easy and works every time, and has additional visuals that are very helpful. I play almost always on the iPad and wish I could have an auto-aim feature that actually worked (I don't use it sniper mode).

M1ster_G #43 Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 35100 battles
  • [O-VII]
Question for Sly

You say that the the control types will be back together but why is this upcoming tournament touch only?

CC_Sly #44 Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

Former Blitz Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 3076 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostM1ster_G, on 09 February 2017 - 01:44 AM, said:

Question for Sly

You say that the the control types will be back together but why is this upcoming tournament touch only?

As far as I can see they are set to mixed.

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

M1ster_G #45 Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 35100 battles
  • [O-VII]

View PostCC_Sly, on 09 February 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

As far as I can see they are set to mixed.

I just checked and you are right. But in the morning i had to accept from my phone because it was touch only and it would not let me accept it from PC. I'm glad its fixed though. Thanks

skittlestime #46 Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 44942 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostM1ster_G, on 09 February 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

I just checked and you are right. But in the morning i had to accept from my phone because it was touch only and it would not let me accept it from PC. I'm glad its fixed though. Thanks

CC see the irony. ^^^ uses touch device to accept event. I'd assume he could use touch device to play the event. KBM literally robbed peter to pay Paul by taking players off touch and having them use KBM. 

Edited by skittlestime, 09 February 2017 - 11:51 PM.

M1ster_G #47 Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 35100 battles
  • [O-VII]

View Postskittlestime, on 10 February 2017 - 12:49 AM, said:

CC see the irony. ^^^ uses touch device to accept event. I'd assume he could use touch device to play the event. KBM literally robbed peter to pay Paul by taking players off touch and having them use KBM. 

I don't get your point. I used touch to play because i thought it was touch. I play both controls modes. I just like kbm because its bigger and better for me.

skittlestime #48 Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:40 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 44942 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostM1ster_G, on 09 February 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

I don't get your point. I used touch to play because i thought it was touch. I play both controls modes. I just like kbm because its bigger and better for me.

wasn't directed at you bud. My argument all along was kbm players do have the touch option. It doesn't hurt participation. Gl cheers

Edited by skittlestime, 10 February 2017 - 03:06 AM.

CC_Sly #49 Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

• Administrator
  • 3076 battles
  • [WGA]

Heya Tankers - 

The original plan for doing some experiment tournaments in place of the KB/M ones that were set to run - unfortunately cannot happen.

With a combination of tournament data they want gathered and the fact there is only 1 person in NA managing these tournaments, I won't be able to add additional extra format s this month.

I will be sure to add in your feedback into my report and continue to push for more variety of tournaments.   

FORMER

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

reluctanttheist #50 Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 17487 battles
  • [III-H]
Sly, there's been so much angst on this issue that I would love to see WG determine if it's warranted.  It's a sad thing if a player can't compete because he's KBM.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

_34 #51 Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:53 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 19223 battles
  • [PRAMO]

Another suggestion for - every so often, run a clan independent tournament where teams can be composed of multiple clans.  The team's clan tag can either be the clan that the captain is in, or players can make up their own tags for the tournament. I understand this may not be possible with the current feature, but maybe a future update could make it a possibility?

#NOTMYUPDATE

_GhostHuey #52 Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:02 AM

#1 Ghost

• Players
  • 22255 battles
  • [ATT-X]

View Post_34, on 10 February 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

Another suggestion for - every so often, run a clan independent tournament where teams can be composed of multiple clans.  The team's clan tag can either be the clan that the captain is in, or players can make up their own tags for the tournament. I understand this may not be possible with the current feature, but maybe a future update could make it a possibility?

So you wanna see a whole super Unicom team composed of PRAMO/PURPL and other Unicom clans?

G_O_O_S_E #53 Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:30 PM

Super Scumbucket

• Players
  • 21284 battles
  • [PURPL]

View Post_GhostHuey, on 11 February 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

So you wanna see a whole super Unicom team composed of PRAMO/PURPL and other Unicom clans?

So you mean...the kind of teams these clans can field anyways? Besides, if they can field super uni teams, so can anyone else. 

mike82198 #54 Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33040 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostCC_Sly, on 10 February 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

Heya Tankers - 

The original plan for doing some experiment tournaments in place of the KB/M ones that were set to run - unfortunately cannot happen.

With a combination of tournament data they want gathered and the fact there is only 1 person in NA managing these tournaments, I won't be able to add additional extra format s this month.

I will be sure to add in your feedback into my report and continue to push for more variety of tournaments.   

Thank you for your efforts.

In light of the poor attendance in recent tournaments (a couple barely getting over the line and one getting canaceled outright) I have two questions/suggestions: 

1) Can you advertise future tournaments as in game news items

2) Can you lower the threshold to allow tournaments at any number of teams (the tournament had only 10 participants and thus a single winner)?

I understand that Blitz Brawls were an experimental data gathering run and are being retired after February, but I think that these changes would benefit us going forward irrespective of other choices made. 

gibsocy #55 Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22566 battles
  • [GRIM]

Agree with Mike that advertising would be extremely helpful for the success in attendance.  

Additionally, unless it's a forced stress test on data collection - try to avoid aligning these events with major outside influencers.  Scheduling on the Super Bowl will depress turnout, and scheduling on Valentine's Day (for the next event) will likely do the same.  

We appreciate having these events and wish to be helpful in making them a success.  Some level of advertising and predictability of frequency (along with avoiding major holidays, etc) would go a long way in making these even more successful. 

Sir_Scope #56 Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8072 battles

I agree as well. First of all, there needs to be an earlier notice for tournaments so we can actually field a team. Secondly, don't make tournaments occur on big event says such as Valentine's Day. 

Also KBM and Touch are practically the same, just different controls. KBM doens't have better zoom or and advantage over touch.  People say auto-aim on KBM is like hacking. That is false! Auto-Aim is same on both controls. Just KBM's auto-aim os more defined (if you know what I mean). Plus KBM is usually on a bigger screen which may seem like an advantage, but it's not.

CC_Sly #57 Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

• Administrator
  • 3076 battles
  • [WGA]

View Postmike82198, on 11 February 2017 - 06:34 AM, said:

Thank you for your efforts.

In light of the poor attendance in recent tournaments (a couple barely getting over the line and one getting canaceled outright) I have two questions/suggestions: 

1) Can you advertise future tournaments as in game news items

2) Can you lower the threshold to allow tournaments at any number of teams (the tournament had only 10 participants and thus a single winner)?

I understand that Blitz Brawls were an experimental data gathering run and are being retired after February, but I think that these changes would benefit us going forward irrespective of other choices made. 

Both excellent suggestions.

1) For advertising - I'd be more inclined to advertise if it wasn't a Tier IX-X deal. We are talking to the top of the top with these types of tournaments. I have been instructed to keep it high tier and we don;t want to overload the news page with too many articles. If we start pushing Tournaments on there - it becomes pretty cluttered. A solution to that issue would be to publish a monthly/weekly tournament schedule. The main issue with that is if we have any changes it increases the touch points we have to change. Not only in the tournaments menu, but now in an article. I don't have access to change the news so it would involve getting more people involved and making the whole process more complex. Then we come back around to the how many people are we talking to and need this info and where can they get this info.

2) So - originally I was able to award any amount of gold/credits within the given amounts. This was mainly due to the fact that I had to manually credit each team. In 3.5 the system we use to run these tournaments got an update. It gave me the ability to credit an entire stage easily. The issue: The prizing amounts are hard coded. For the Blitz Brawl - Battleground type of tournament I have to have 64 teams minimum. The other option is to cancel that tournament and create a new one and manually move over the teams, one person at a time, to the new tournament in order to bypass the 1st Qualifier stage. The regular Blitz Brawl, I have talked with HQ about and am able to go down to 8 Teams minimum. But the listed total gold prize will either be changed or will not be awarded in full. It will scale with participation.      

Hope that answers some questions!

FORMER

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

mike82198 #58 Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33040 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostCC_Sly, on 14 February 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

Both excellent suggestions.

1) For advertising - I'd be more inclined to advertise if it wasn't a Tier IX-X deal. We are talking to the top of the top with these types of tournaments. I have been instructed to keep it high tier and we don;t want to overload the news page with too many articles. If we start pushing Tournaments on there - it becomes pretty cluttered. A solution to that issue would be to publish a monthly/weekly tournament schedule. The main issue with that is if we have any changes it increases the touch points we have to change. Not only in the tournaments menu, but now in an article. I don't have access to change the news so it would involve getting more people involved and making the whole process more complex. Then we come back around to the how many people are we talking to and need this info and where can they get this info.

2) So - originally I was able to award any amount of gold/credits within the given amounts. This was mainly due to the fact that I had to manually credit each team. In 3.5 the system we use to run these tournaments got an update. It gave me the ability to credit an entire stage easily. The issue: The prizing amounts are hard coded. For the Blitz Brawl - Battleground type of tournament I have to have 64 teams minimum. The other option is to cancel that tournament and create a new one and manually move over the teams, one person at a time, to the new tournament in order to bypass the 1st Qualifier stage. The regular Blitz Brawl, I have talked with HQ about and am able to go down to 8 Teams minimum. But the listed total gold prize will either be changed or will not be awarded in full. It will scale with participation.      

Hope that answers some questions!

As always, great to receive insightful and thoughtful answers.

1) I agree that current participants are few and have little need for news items. Nevertheless, I can tell you that even regular participants in tournaments have poor perception of their frequency/regularity and that the absence of a better integrated and more functional Tournament interface is to the detriment of the project. That said, I feel that increased awareness of Tournaments as something to aspire to, broadening their appeal beyond the "community" and competitive players (not one and the same: many regular tournament participants aren't active here - and vice versa), is vital to their survival and growth - both as a foundation for a credible esports venture and as a fun feature. 

How about a monthly news item that broadly hypes tournaments and gives a rough outline - "In April we plan to have two tournaments per week, one type X the other type Y" - instead of a specific schedule of days and dates? 

2) The way EU handled the 10 participant two-stage tournament was two groups of 5 (qualifying) with the second stage (playoff) being a final between the winners, thus maintaining the structure. That's why I assumed it's as simple as choosing to go forward. 

Edited by mike82198, 14 February 2017 - 09:31 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users