Jump to content


What's the best heavy line?


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

John_Chang_58 #1 Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:34 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7481 battles
  • 101
  • [SLC_3]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2015
I'm thinking of getting a new heavy tank! Currently in the garage, I have the IS3. I have researched the KV3, T29, and I have done a little with the VK36.O1H. I also have Churchill 1 fully maxed out. What do you think is the best heavy line? Please give your opinion. I may add a poll if I could find out how...

wannabeunicum #2 Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:36 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26211 battles
  • 5,407
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015

e50m lel

but in all seriouslness the is7 line is obviously the most simple and best line to grind.

 



eddie13_ #3 Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:43 PM

    Supreme Leader

  • Players
  • 18352 battles
  • 1,607
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
British heavy line:trollface:

    

 

 


Posit1ve_ #4 Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:45 PM

    Credits Master

  • Players
  • 40908 battles
  • 4,754
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011
The Americans. The entire line is amazing

301 tanks in the garage!

 

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict


Panbun #5 Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:52 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8085 battles
  • 8,015
  • [PBKAC]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

The IS-7 line seems to be very popular. I'd go for the T110E5 line, but it really depends on what you personally look for in a heavy tank.

 

American Heavies:

  • Powerful and accurate guns
  • Good gun depression
  • Strong turrets
  • Weak hull armour
  • Good side-scrapers from tier seven and up

 

Overall, I found the T110E5 line enjoyable to grind from the very outset and throughout.


Edited by Panbun, 07 February 2017 - 11:53 PM.


John_Chang_58 #6 Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:11 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7481 battles
  • 101
  • [SLC_3]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2015

View Posteddie13_, on 07 February 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

British heavy line:trollface:

 

I can tell that's probably a troll. Churchill-Caneveron are considered some of the worst tanks in the game. I mean, 190 alpha on a tier 8 heavy? wth, WG! At least I already have the 20pdr type A and B barrow form the Cent 7/1

Edited by John_Chang_58, 08 February 2017 - 12:12 AM.


GET_RlGHT #7 Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:33 AM

    Based Stickman

  • Players
  • 15132 battles
  • 2,716
  • [SCAMO]
  • Member since:
    12-29-2014

View PostJohn_Chang_58, on 08 February 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

 

I can tell that's probably a troll. Churchill-Caneveron are considered some of the worst tanks in the game. I mean, 190 alpha on a tier 8 heavy? wth, WG! At least I already have the 20pdr type A and B barrow form the Cent 7/1

 

But the RoF...

7_3_PowerStroke #8 Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:46 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6244 battles
  • 1,088
  • [MAHOU]
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014
really like the US line. Hull-down fortresses are fun for me to drive. The T1 heavy is decent, M6, meh, but from t7(T29) onwards, it's golden. US heavies are my most played, and certainly my most loved.

^^Stats^^

I write fanfiction and watch anime. Deal with it.

 

formerly _Maho_Nishizumi_212


John_Chang_58 #9 Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:49 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7481 battles
  • 101
  • [SLC_3]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2015

View PostKstfwe, on 07 February 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

 

But the RoF...

 

if you are a slow heavy tank, a good ROF and bad alpha is terrible. You don't have the mobillity to use that ROF. Other Heavys with better alpha will peek use peek-a-boom tactics with you, or hitpoint trade. Then u are surely to fail. Other Heavys will do 300-400 damage to you, while you only do 200 back.

John_Chang_58 #10 Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:50 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7481 battles
  • 101
  • [SLC_3]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2015

View PostPanbun, on 07 February 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

The IS-7 line seems to be very popular. I'd go for the T110E5 line, but it really depends on what you personally look for in a heavy tank.

 

American Heavies:

  • Powerful and accurate guns
  • Good gun depression
  • Strong turrets
  • Weak hull armour
  • Good side-scrapers from tier seven and up

 

Overall, I found the T110E5 line enjoyable to grind from the very outset and throughout.

 

View Postpanzermk6, on 07 February 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

The Americans. The entire line is amazing

Thanks, as I already have the IS3, I will be buying back the T29 for sure.



Mullet_cat #11 Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:56 AM

    HEAT magnet

  • Players
  • 11810 battles
  • 771
  • Member since:
    12-31-2014

Get an ST-1 and you will learn the true meaning of being s heavy.  Nothing comes even close to it except maybe the e75



Lt_gota #12 Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:01 AM

    OFFICIAL DOGFACE FOLLOWER

  • Players
  • 11155 battles
  • 859
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

vk 45 line, get maus:trollface:

 

or better, get E100:trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface:


Mastery badge: 1.MS-1(July 2016)  2.SP I C(9/1/16)  3.T-34(9/1/16) 4.STA-1(11/21/16) 5.SU-100(12/5/16) 6.Tiger ll(12/14/16)

7.lS-3(12/17/16) 8.SU-152(12/23/16) 9.Ru 251(12/25/16) 10.LTTB(2/2/17) 11.B1(2/24/17) 12.Rhm.-Borsig(3/4/17) 13.Waffentrager(3/25/17) 14.E25(3/30/17) 15.vk28(4/1/17) 16.locust(4/9/17) 17.Mardar ll(4/15/17) 18.Cruiser lll(4/16/17)

19.vk 16(12/7/17) 20.R35(12/24/17) 21.KV-2(12/25/17) 22.Obj.704(1/6/18)


GET_RlGHT #13 Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:12 AM

    Based Stickman

  • Players
  • 15132 battles
  • 2,716
  • [SCAMO]
  • Member since:
    12-29-2014

View PostJohn_Chang_58, on 08 February 2017 - 12:49 AM, said:

 

if you are a slow heavy tank, a good ROF and bad alpha is terrible. You don't have the mobillity to use that ROF. Other Heavys with better alpha will peek use peek-a-boom tactics with you, or hitpoint trade. Then u are surely to fail. Other Heavys will do 300-400 damage to you, while you only do 200 back.

 

And then you hit them on the reload... What part of RoF do you not get

John_Chang_58 #14 Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7481 battles
  • 101
  • [SLC_3]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2015

View Postslowmocean, on 07 February 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

 

And then you hit them on the reload... What part of RoF do you not get

What if they got teamates?



John_Chang_58 #15 Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:05 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7481 battles
  • 101
  • [SLC_3]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2015

View PostLt_gota, on 07 February 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

vk 45 line, get maus:trollface:

 

or better, get E100:trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface:

 

I've heard the Maus itself is great, but the line isn't.

John_Chang_58 #16 Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:05 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7481 battles
  • 101
  • [SLC_3]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2015

View PostMullet_cat, on 07 February 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

Get an ST-1 and you will learn the true meaning of being s heavy.  Nothing comes even close to it except maybe the e75

 

That's why I'm doing the IS3 line, to get the BL9 and the M62 gun, then the ST1 grind will be easy.

GET_RlGHT #17 Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:17 AM

    Based Stickman

  • Players
  • 15132 battles
  • 2,716
  • [SCAMO]
  • Member since:
    12-29-2014

View PostJohn_Chang_58, on 08 February 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

What if they got teamates?

 

Then flank. 

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #18 Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:33 AM

    ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

  • Players
  • 46410 battles
  • 3,296
  • [RNSF]
  • Member since:
    03-31-2015

View PostJohn_Chang_58, on 08 February 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

 

I've heard the Maus itself is great, but the line isn't.

maus is solid, whole line is good, each in its own way.

View PostJohn_Chang_58, on 08 February 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

 

That's why I'm doing the IS3 line, to get the BL9 and the M62 gun, then the ST1 grind will be easy.

smart. m62 is my favorite russian gun above tier six.

 

think about the british line. tier eight and up are hull down dpm monsters. 215b armor is great when you use a bit of gun depression, conq and caravan both have troll but pen-able turrets.

the real highlight is the armament. top notch cannons. a joy to use. 


Edited by TengenToppaPotatoLagann, 09 February 2017 - 04:34 AM.

>>>canine prints have claw marks, yet "mans best friend" camo does not; it would seem then that mans best friend is a cat... probably a leopard.

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.


NitroTheCreator #19 Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

    Bow Down Before Me

  • Players
  • 33267 battles
  • 3,786
  • [CYCLN]
  • Member since:
    01-19-2013
I would recommend the American and Russian Heavy tanks. Personally i like the Americans better with there gun depression and turrets, but the Russians are very noob friendly and pack a hell of a punch


stmaarten1778 #20 Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:57 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1502 battles
  • 303
  • [MOM5]
  • Member since:
    09-25-2015
KV-1 and go on from there anywhere you want from the derp ing KV-2 to the KV-1s.   But the KV-1 feels like a medium armored bucket of bolts. At least it is better then the nightmare called T-28

Just your average noob 

 

Official winner of AMX CDC through fourm contest

 

Yuri is best girl





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users