iPad Mini First Gen - Support

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

NateDawg2k16 #1 Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:09 PM

Swedish Mafia Captain

• Players
  • 13577 battles
  • [META]
Will post my conversation with the support people here, follow these steps and see if it works I guess... (will copy and paste it soon)

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have. 

NateDawg2k16 #2 Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:13 PM

Swedish Mafia Captain

• Players
  • 13577 battles
  • [META]
Game was running smoothly. Few days after the New Moon event, the game started crashing at open. I redownloaded it over night. Now, it's crashing at the WoTB intro whenever you download the game. Shut down my iPad, still crashing. Restarted my iPad (lock and home screen), still crashing. Very annoying considering we're in the middle of an event

Information required
CANCEL

Replies

Spencer Wolff 

Hi NateDawg2k16,

Thanks for contacting us.

Connection and ping issues will occur for multiple reasons and we will need to investigate before we can pinpoint the issue.

We ask our players to take a brief moment to note any devices that are using your internet connection (cell phones, video game consoles and other smart devices). We have seen reports of devices such as DVR recorders frequently causing stability issues in our players’ connections.

We recommend completing the steps below to illustrate how you connect to the servers.

Here are the steps:

• Save your work/game progress.
  • Turn off and unplug all of your network devices. Leave them off for about 30 - 40 seconds.
  • After a moment, re-enable all of your network devices.
  • If you are on an iOS device, navigate to the settings menu to general then reset and finally 'Reset Network Settings.'

Next, please follow this guide provided by Apple to troubleshoot WiFi issues on your iOS device.

Once this has been completed, give the game a test run to see if you notice any improvements.

Additionally, we'd like to get a better idea of the strength of the connection between your router/modem and our servers.

Proceed by downloading an app titled "Network Ping Lite" by Mochasoft through your mobile device.

After installing "Network Ping Lite" by Mochasoft, proceed with the following steps:

• When you open the app, you will immediately be taken to the Home Menu.
  • Tap the 'Traceroute' option.
  • For "IP Address to traceroute" type in "login.wotblitz.com" (without quotation).
  • Press start and watch the app perform its magic.
  • Allow the magic to happen, which should last no longer than 10 seconds.
  • After receiving the results, please copy and attach them to your next reply.

Finally, please clarify if you are running any type of antivirus/security applications on your device? If so, we ask that you please temporarily disable it to see if you notice any improvements.

If you continue to have any further issues we will be happy to assist you further once we receive the information requested above.

We look forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Spencer Wolff

Wargaming America Support

You can always check your ticket status by logging into our Support Portal: https://na.wargaming.net/support/

Wargaming Support is now on Twitter! Follow us @WargamingCS for updates and announcements. https://twitter.com/WargamingCS

Check out tanksrule.com!

NateDawg2k16 
It's a crashing problem..

NateDawg2k16 
Unfortunately Update 3.5.3 did not fix this issue, others on the forums have the same problem as me

NateDawg2k16 
So basically here's what happened, I'll put it in chronological order
1) New Moon event started
2)Game started crashing (iPad Mini First Gen) upon opening the game
3)Found a way to circumvent the crashes
4)Circumvent stopped working
5)Deleted and re-downloaded app. Still crashing upon open
6)Restarted and Shut downed my iPad, still crashing upon open
7)Clean delete thingy, through settings still crashing upon open

iOS 9.3.5 (highest you can get on this iPad) 5 Gigs of Storage, iPad Mini First Gen.

John Glenn 

Dear NateDawg2k16,

Thank you for getting back to us!

We would like to find out more information about the device you are using.

If you are using an Apple device, please provide us with the following:

• Device name:
  • Model Number (Usually found in "About" in Settings):
  • iOS Version

With this information we will be able to fully investigate the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response and assisting you in the future!

Best Regards,

John Glenn

You can always check your ticket status by logging into our Support Portal: https://na.wargaming.net/support/

Wargaming Support is now on Twitter! Follow us @WargamingCS for updates and announcements. https://twitter.com/WargamingCS

Check out tanksrule.com!

Please don't forget to fill out our survey once your ticket has been completed!

NateDawg2k16 
Device name: Nate's Awesome iPad (I was young at the time) 
Model Number:A1432, iPad Mini First Generation
iOS version: 9.3.5, the highest version of iOS on iPad Mini first gen

Jay Miles 

Hey NateDawg2k16,

Thanks for following up with us.

We're sorry to hear that you're continuing to experience issues with the game.

One final troubleshooting procedure we would like for you to perform is a complete clean-installation of the game.

Normally, this can be completed by simply holding down the application icon while on your home screen until an "X" pops up, allowing you to remove the game from your device.

What we would like for you to do is perform the following:

• Navigate to your settings and proceed to the "General" tab
  • Under the General tab, please tap the button labeled "Storage & iCloud Usage"
  • Under the "Storage" sub menu, please tap "Manage Storage"
  • A list of applications that have some cached data will appear, please find World of Tanks and tap it's button.
  • In the menu that you are brought to at this point, please tap "Delete App".

Once the game has been completely removed from your device, please attempt to download it once more through the Apple App store.

Let us know if you notice any improvements after playing a few battles.

We look forward to your reply!

Best Regards,

Jay Miles

Check out tanksrule.com!

NateDawg2k16 
Did not work. Stop with these automated messages.

Many others on the forums have reported this as well. Needs to be fixed.

Kyle Fisher 

Greetings NateDawg2k16,

Please know that these are not automated responses. These are steps that we ask all of our players to complete in order to narrow down the cause. Yes there are forums, of players having issues that may be similar. However, do to the many combinations of tech and software available to players we have to ask the basic trouble shooting steps in order to narrow down the cause as much as possible.

With that being said we would like to ask if you have tried the following to see if it helps address your concern. Our ports will work for both World of Tanks on PC and World of Tanks Blitz. First, please ensure that you have opened (added the ports to your port forwarding settings) in your router or modem/router combo:

• UDP Range: 20014, 20016, 32850, and 32860-3288
  • TCP Range: 53, 443, 3128, 8081, 8088, 32801, and 32803

The only minor difference is that Game Center/iTunes may be trying to gain access along with World of Tanks Blitz. Please see this article in regards to opening ports from Apple: Ports Used by Apple Products

For further assistance with the steps above we recommend that you contact your ISP as many offer this service for free.

We hope the above helps in understanding our position in this and hope to hear from you soon.

Check out tanksrule.com!

Best Regards, Kyle Fisher Wargaming America Support

NateDawg2k16 
Didn't work either....

Michael Macon 

Dear NateDawg2k16,

Thank you for getting back to us and we appreciate your cooperation.

Can you please reset your network settings in your iOS device, and perform a soft reset by holding both the Home and Power buttons simultaneously until you see a white Apple logo.

Once your device is reset, please ensure that no other apps are open before starting World of Tanks Blitz. You can check this by double clicking the Home Button and swipe away any open apps.

Please let us know how it goes and we appreciate your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Michael Macon,

Check out tanksrule.com!

NateDawg2k16 
HALLELUJAH

THANK YOU MAN! Great start to the second worst day of the week, Tuesdays

John Glenn 

Greetings NateDawg2k16,

We would like to know if the game is working properly now.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,

John Glenn

Check out tanksrule.com!

NateDawg2k16 
Worked first time this morning. 11 hours later, did the same thing I did this morning, no success.

Eric Burns 

Hello NateDawg2k16,

Did resetting your network settings on your device again correct the issue?

We understand the issue is with crashing but we'd really like to get a better idea of the strength of the connection between your router/modem and our servers.

Proceed by downloading an app titled "Network Ping Lite" by Mochasoft through your mobile device.

After installing "Network Ping Lite" by Mochasoft, proceed with the following steps:

• When you open the app, you will immediately be taken to the Home Menu.
  • Tap the 'Traceroute' option.
  • For "IP Address to traceroute" type in "login.wotblitz.com" (without quotation).
  • Press start and watch the app perform its magic.
  • Allow the magic to happen, which should last no longer than 10 seconds.
  • After receiving the results, please copy and attach them to your next reply.

Finally, please clarify if you are running any type of antivirus/security applications on your device? If so, we ask that you please temporarily disable it to see if you notice any improvements.

Also, are you connected to wifi or your data network when this issue occurs.

Best Regards,

Eric Burns

Check out tanksrule.com!

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have. 

Rayray4141 #3 Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:47 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31908 battles
  • [HATED]
huh, maybe the specs of the mini isnt good enough to keep up with wot anymore?

V1n2002 #4 Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6054 battles
  • [COD-R]
NATE DAWG STOP SPAMMING THE FORUMS ABOUT YOUR OUTDATED IPAD MINI 1! IT GETS OLD! YOU NEED TO UPGRADE TO SOMETHING WITH AN A8 CHIP OR MORE

(COD-R) 54.54% Winrate. Low tiers are trash, game is ruined. FML. 

6pckjack #5 Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:05 PM

Sometimes a noob, sometimes a unicum.

• Players
  • 38208 battles

I've had similar issues. Ipad mini first gen, 16 gbs. It crashes about once every two days. I perform a complete reinstallation and reset my iPad it works. Now, that being said, when im

over at my fiancée house it does not work

period. She has really crappy wifi. It just crashes every time over there. At mine with decent internet it works just fine.

Every American in the game. Bar none. Quite proud of that. 

Bullets have a name on them, grenades are addressed “to whom it may concern”, but artillery only comes in “reply all”.

6pckjack_t34_eng.jpeg

NitroTheCreator #6 Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:06 PM

Bow Down Before Me

• Players
  • 42521 battles
  • [STORM]

I feel ya man. Game keeps crashing on me, and thats exactly what they told me, word for word.

It does eventually let me in every now and then for resetting my ipad mini 1 network settings, but it still crashed too much, and its AWFUL timing with the new event

Happysniper_546 #7 Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:18 PM

Private

• Players
  • 58 battles

I used to own an iPad mini first gen (it got destroyed) and I see why you would be complaining:(.

I have experienced all of the problems (crashing, can't log in, etc) and I'm pretty sure there is other players complaining about other things.

VikkoTheTusken #8 Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:06 AM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19235 battles
  • [III-H]
Following this thread on a recommendation from BushiBan. I'll bump every now and then if I don't see new stuff.  

I run an ancient iPad Mini 1GEN.

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

My presence here on the forums is over. You can find me at the links above and on various Discord servers. If you're curious or feel like trolling, peruse [This Thread]

jaredofwar223 #9 Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:18 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22237 battles

Upgrade device.... if you can. My old iPad had all settings on low. It crashed, lagged, etc.,etc. Got a newer pro looks so much better and  plays as well. You won't regret an upgrade 

VikkoTheTusken #10 Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:22 AM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19235 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postjaredofwar223, on 17 February 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

Upgrade device.... if you can. My old iPad had all settings on low. It crashed, lagged, etc.,etc. Got a newer pro looks so much better and  plays as well. You won't regret an upgrade 

I fully intend to after I acquire the needed funds :trollface:.

I think my wife would prefer me to focus on the bills first lol. All my Patreon money goes back in to the channel (Like my iTunes Gift Card Giveaway)

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

My presence here on the forums is over. You can find me at the links above and on various Discord servers. If you're curious or feel like trolling, peruse [This Thread]

jaredofwar223 #11 Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:33 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22237 battles
Good luck Vikko! Way more enjoyable experience. 

player_1234567890 #12 Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45129 battles
  • [OMK]

I had an iPad Mini 1 when it first came out, and it was great, all those years ago, but I couldn't even imagine trying to play on one today. It just doesn't cut it anymore, and it is many years old after all.:playing:

You might even find that your WR increases by a few percent after you get your new device. I'm not joking.:justwait:

OKA_BOCTOKA #13 Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:02 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16359 battles
Ipad 2 right here and it works perfectly fine :hiding:

В бой!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users