platoon

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Dustin_litchfield #1 Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1251 battles
  • [HOW20]
I have read a few posts against the increase of size but here is some food for thought. instead of only able to communicate with one other it would be better to communicate with the whole team. here I lay some points. communication is the key 1st and for most, but then coordination,  I mean look say I and ur single team mate runs in to most the other side yes u may get a few lucky shots and one destroyed but that one down and u and ur platoon mate down ur team is injured more then the enemy, if the size of the platoon was allowed to be the size of the whole team then there would be more communication, I would rather sit here and be able to talk to my team mates over typing info that may be viable to the team than try to type it then become destroyed for one coming up on my rear, yes the f keys are there but doesn't get the point across and it alone is lack of communication which is lack of team work,, one question to think about and I know others have seen it, where ur team ur playing with ends up like scattered roaches and being squashed by the enemy team fast, well one way for people to have a challenge if they say this game isn't challenging enough is for them to be with a whole team of randoms vs a whole team coordinated and the goal is win of course I would say statistics would be very low if any at all, and then there are the people that post ( no team, no teamwork, ect) in both the forum and game chat well if we were allowed to fill the 7 slots of out team with our platoon size as 1 then there would be less whining as people put it. so I propose the creaters of wotb to allow 2-7 in a platoon that way we can add our friends to the game, make it more challenging for ourselves and others, here is another idea 7 on 7 clan battles or team battles like the quick setup with out going threw training grounds, I have asked a few many time in support its self about increasing the size of a platoon because there is 7 slots in a match per side, and only 2 slots in a platoon, sorry I do have a few more friends in wotb than just 2, and it would also increase the fun of the game to play along side ur friends look at call of duty or other mass multi player games where u can get the whole team of urs being u and ur friends..

Steeby141 #2 Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:23 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 44931 battles
  • [SCAMO]

tl;dr

Anyway, no. 

King6510 #3 Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29207 battles

How would you feel if you go against a large platoon of 60+%ers? 

Also, not everyone platoons, meaning mirror MM may take way longer or just put a 7 people platoon against 7 random players.

I have an Ms-1

Steeby141 #4 Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 44931 battles
  • [SCAMO]

Okay, I read your post again and I think you are looking for clan wars/ tournament/ organized competitive play. They already exist.

As for pub random battles, they are supposed to be random. So you either try your best to carry or lose. 

Money_mann____ #5 Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12424 battles
  • [D3TH_]

View PostKing6510, on 09 February 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

How would you feel if you go against a large platoon of 60+%ers? 

Also, not everyone platoons, meaning mirror MM may take way longer or just put a 7 people platoon against 7 random players.

Or worse, a large platoon of 60+%ers in IS (3s/3Ds/6s/or even IS 7s)

Working as Intended, Comrade

Proud owner of the TOG II*

christian1470 #6 Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37646 battles
  • [III-H]
Nope

4sfield #7 Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:45 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 28836 battles
  • [-1]
  Periods, use them.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

SBrockstar95 #8 Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:15 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9669 battles
  • [MOLTV]
I would Crap my pants if I came across a whole team of GRIM members... But if they changed it to 3 that would be good
Blitzstars Singnature won’t work so I’ll tell you right now. 30 day 1400ish Average Damage. 64 ish% WR. 48is% survival. 2750is W8. 1800ish W7. 2.15ish K/D. 1.7ish Dmg Ratio.

Arrwen #9 Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:43 AM

Private

• Players
  • 8963 battles
  • [WOFL]
Wow I see all the negativity but I think a larger platoon size would be better, perhaps not 7 as some people don't want to face a team of people who all know each other, but even say 4 as a max that way there are at least 4 people who can work together.  Also perhaps adding a voice call option or a voice channel for those that would rather communicate verbally as the chat channel limits what you can say.  So in the time it takes you to type out two to three lines of hey they are over here and I need help you are already dead or severely limping.  Also the F keys what a wonderful toy for the kids to play with and in most battles I have been in they are being spammed before the battle even starts so they really are kind of pointless and useless.  I have been in many battles and I have even played other War Games, such as World of Warships, where having the capability to talk to other players in voice chat helps to coordinate the attacks or how things work.  It also helps be able to help new players who want to learn strategy and how to work as a team, the tutorials help with game basics but experienced players who would like to see the teams have more coordinated attacks would make game play more enjoyable as players increase their skills and their tanks.  As battles like Supremacy are more challenging having good communications with team mates would be well worth it as most random teams I have been on end up spread out all over the map and get picked off with ease. Case in point I have been with my platoon mate in several battles where thanks to the two of us we have pulled a victory out of the jaws of defeat by talking to each other using discord or skype or an external voice service, by being able to talk we can coordinate our attacks and turn the battle, it doesn't always work but it does make it easier to communicate and work together.  So I agree some options would be, a platoon of say 2-4 people, as I am sure more players have more than 1 friend that they would like to play with, a voice channel option for those that wish to talk, and we all know that most people who play games like this have a headset, and perhaps do a capture the flag map where both teams have a base they have to defend and take, as the race for one base can be easily won if the efforts are coordinated.  Don't get me wrong I enjoy going out and playing a great game and blowing up as many as I can but I have also gotten frustrated at the lack of team effort and how quickly some random teams just rush off across the map with no rhyme or reason and then I end up either being the only one left or I end up getting destroyed because no one was there to back me up.  There are lot of improvements that could be made but I think as is stated here, I hate having to pick between my two friends when I want to play, because the 3 of us can't be in the same battle together.  So increase the platoon to a max of 4 so that way I can play with my friends that want to play the random battles with me.

Edited by Arrwen, 10 February 2017 - 12:49 AM.

Steeby141 #10 Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:20 AM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 44931 battles
  • [SCAMO]

4-man platoon?

It's already depressing to see two 42% winrate players in a toon on my team. Now you want four of these terrible players on the same team, working together to lose even more? 

Four players are more than half of the seven players on a team, which has WAY too much influence on the game. This is called RANDOM battles for a reason. If you get four 42% winrate toon on your team, you are likely to lose. If you get four 65% winrate unicum toon on the other team, you probably have no chance to win either. 

Go join a clan and play competitive matches like clan wars and tournament, if you want to "work together."

Thatguyujustmet #11 Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:24 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10660 battles
  • [XWING]
Goodness sakes no.... a platoon of 2 amazing players can pretty much win 90% of battles.... 3 would be unstoppable.

Dustin_litchfield #12 Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1251 battles
  • [HOW20]
clan battles and tournaments would be great if there were more of them set up like the random battles but there not and I know there are more people out there that would like to play along side their friends instead of joining or making a training grounds and waiting for many hours just to see 1 pop in and back out, I do agree on some of the points ppl here made but no matter the 40%ers or 90%ers its battling with friends, I understand people like challenges and wish there were more challenges in the game and a team of complete randoms vs a team of solid 1 platoon members being 7 or just 4 would pro on a challenge, I see most reply's here being only seeing the cons not the pros about it. pros I see are fight along side ur friends, have fun, coordinate, and more, where the cons are team of 90%ers against all randoms or 40%ers against room of randoms. thing I see is no matter what, look at how the creators wish to have the game, realistic yet a bit of balance. even though the tank destroyers are nerfed mass and the light tanks are increased in power over speed and the heavy's are hitting harder than the destroyers act... but if u happen to make or be apart of a team in random battles it would either hinder or help u 50/50, depends on who u face, its like real war u don't know ur enemy from a hill of beans yet u still engage in battle u might win u might loose but aint that part of the game unlimited lives who cares really if u get destroyed in the game its a game where it should be fun and u battling next to ur friends in a random match or clan or tournament ect shouldn't matter really, just a increase of ppl for the platoons 4-7 I mean come on does everyone here only have 1 friend they want to battle with or am I just lucky enough to have enough to make a 1/2 a team lol...

Dustin_litchfield #13 Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1251 battles
  • [HOW20]
sorry 4sfield ​I would but my period button is busted and works sometimes mostly when I slam on it a few times, I have a crap top and its slowly dying on me lol

Thatguyujustmet #14 Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:25 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10660 battles
  • [XWING]

View PostDustin_litchfield, on 10 February 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

clan battles and tournaments would be great if there were more of them set up like the random battles but there not and I know there are more people out there that would like to play along side their friends instead of joining or making a training grounds and waiting for many hours just to see 1 pop in and back out, I do agree on some of the points ppl here made but no matter the 40%ers or 90%ers its battling with friends, I understand people like challenges and wish there were more challenges in the game and a team of complete randoms vs a team of solid 1 platoon members being 7 or just 4 would pro on a challenge, I see most reply's here being only seeing the cons not the pros about it. pros I see are fight along side ur friends, have fun, coordinate, and more, where the cons are team of 90%ers against all randoms or 40%ers against room of randoms. thing I see is no matter what, look at how the creators wish to have the game, realistic yet a bit of balance. even though the tank destroyers are nerfed mass and the light tanks are increased in power over speed and the heavy's are hitting harder than the destroyers act... but if u happen to make or be apart of a team in random battles it would either hinder or help u 50/50, depends on who u face, its like real war u don't know ur enemy from a hill of beans yet u still engage in battle u might win u might loose but aint that part of the game unlimited lives who cares really if u get destroyed in the game its a game where it should be fun and u battling next to ur friends in a random match or clan or tournament ect shouldn't matter really, just a increase of ppl for the platoons 4-7 I mean come on does everyone here only have 1 friend they want to battle with or am I just lucky enough to have enough to make a 1/2 a team lol...

I do enjoy playing with friends... But what I enjoy the most is playing a really close match.  (Aka, a match where the enemy team is better than mine, and I've gotta carry to win.)  I hate blowouts... Losses or victories, they're just not that much fun.  More people per platoon would further reduce the possibility of an even matchup.

Dustin_litchfield #15 Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1251 battles
  • [HOW20]
so basically (thatguyujustmet) of the more even matchup ur asking more like a nascar game and not much of a game of war? so since u would rather a even matchup just a question should Al-Qaeda be equal against usa? its a game of war not a game of nascar or more balanced equations, so having a team of 4 example, wouldn't really change the game much just adds where more friends can play along side each other in any battle no matter clan, random, ect, and as I also stated before that the many forums I have read here a lot of people are looking for more of a challenge as well so if said person is looking for a challenge and might have 2-3 pp. in their platoon and they happen to get a matchup of a platoon of 4-7 on the enemy side then it could make it a bit more challenging I know not all want a challenge but then there is minecraft, or people are looking for balance between team 1 and team 2 there is nascar, all I'm saying depending what people are looking for there is a game out there for them, this is a war game so it will and should have challenges and proper team play, yes there is the f keys not very helpful, or the in game chat system not helpful when being shot at, so it does need better communication while in game but I guess not may people see this as a team on team more like a free 4 all with helping hands lol

Edited by Dustin_litchfield, 10 February 2017 - 06:40 PM.

Thatguyujustmet #16 Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10660 battles
  • [XWING]

View PostDustin_litchfield, on 10 February 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

so basically (thatguyujustmet) of the more even matchup ur asking more like a nascar game and not much of a game of war? so since u would rather a even matchup just a question should Al-Qaeda be equal against usa? its a game of war not a game of nascar or more balanced equations, so having a team of 4 example, wouldn't really change the game much just adds where more friends can play along side each other in any battle no matter clan, random, ect, and as I also stated before that the many forums I have read here a lot of people are looking for more of a challenge as well so if said person is looking for a challenge and might have 2-3 pp. in their platoon and they happen to get a matchup of a platoon of 4-7 on the enemy side then it could make it a bit more challenging I know not all want a challenge but then there is minecraft, or people are looking for balance between team 1 and team 2 there is nascar, all I'm saying depending what people are looking for there is a game out there for them, this is a war game so it will and should have challenges and proper team play, yes there is the f keys not very helpful, or the in game chat system not helpful when being shot at, so it does need better communication while in game but I guess not may people see this as a team on team more like a free 4 all with helping hands lol

Whut the whut... Are you attempting to say I don't enjoy challenges... Did you even read what I said?  To put it in simple terms:  I live for challenging matches.

A platoon of 7 bad players makes it a wayyy to easy win.... A platoon of 7 Prammo members makes it a horrific loss. (This also applies to platoons of 3 members... And for the bad players... If they yolo into the entire enemy team... Platoons of 2.... But I'm willing to deal with that so that we can plat up with friends.)

You want to play matches with more friends?  Enter the tournaments.

Dustin_litchfield #17 Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1251 battles
  • [HOW20]
well good question did u read anywhere that I said u (thatguyujustmet) of me saying that u don't like challenges reread it, I was saying that there are games to fit peoples play style this is a game of war the unfair area of this game is a tier 5 vs a tier 3 but that is a different area than is being discussed here, I would do tournaments or clan battles ect if they were set up like the matchmaking, but there not so u call unfair going against a team were I do the same against the makers are bias where u can have a full team in tournaments, clan battles, training grounds, but not in matchmaking, its not a random battle its called matchmaking which there system still has bugs its self as u would put it unfair, but I'm not here to discuss the other issues of the game cause there are many, aka matchmaking, the destroyers being nurfed, the light tanks being way to over powered for what they are, and the heavy in the same boat... but this discussion is about increasing the size of the platoon between 4 to 7 cause I know I have a few friends I enjoy playing together with yet we cant, let alone the communication between us is a lot better than being teamed up with roaches that have there head cut off so to speak, or them players I bet u have seen or had who just sit in spawn with there reading a book or screwing off idk which, or maybe them players who drive scout tanks get in parches for the destroyer to better snipe,

Arrwen #18 Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:47 AM

Private

• Players
  • 8963 battles
  • [WOFL]
Ok all you people that are saying that increasing the platoon size would make things unbalanced and less of a challenge are not thinking about how this could improve the game.  Think about it, you have a team of 4 people all who are communicating and working together, this could actually improve the so called "Bad Players".  These "Bad Players" could be nothing more than inexperienced people who are still learning the game and how to play.  Some players here are Veterans and Battle buddies and this is a means of an outlet, so working together helps them to be able to continue to feel like they are a part of something more than themselves.  What people fail to realize is the more that people work together and play together the better they will get.  I quit playing the higher tier tanks because too many people have either bought their tanks and have no clue about strategy or how to use certain tanks.  Sure in the lower levels you have people still learning the game and still trying to figure out how to run their tanks but at least it is still fun.  The higher levels cost more for repairs and when you constantly are losing due to lack of teamwork that wasn't developed at an early stage in the game you fail to make the game fun.  Now I am not saying I don't like a challenge but when it is pointless to even try in a battle it makes it no fun.  By being able to talk to your teammates even if it is just say 4, you have a better chance of encouraging the "Rambo types" to join the pack and work with others.  So I think that if you increase the platoon to 4 you can still have random players in the battles and you can still have the challenge.  A team is only as strong as it's weakest link.

4sfield #19 Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:32 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 28836 battles
  • [-1]

You are not listening and don't understand what anybody has said. Any 3 person toon made up of guys who frequent here or I associate with would destroy every pube toon it came across. No contest, you think the steamrolls are bad now, 3 guys together every game would make it worse. Sharing damage with a toonmate is the drawback in a regular platoon. With 3 or more it would be worse. The only advantage a platoon gives for the most part is more wins, with 3 it would be even greater. 

3 person platoons would not make the game more fun or fair. Those teams would be way overpowered but hey, I'm down for anything. I'll volunteer to be the guinea pig. Who wants to 3 person toon with me and test it out? Make it happen WG.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Dustin_litchfield #20 Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1251 battles
  • [HOW20]
I have read the posts here and understand that most people here would either see it unfair for many losses or many wins back to back, but the way I see it is not negative but positive.. more than 1 friend can play together, can help others strategize better, learn from others better, as well as teach others easier. and much more... the main thing I see when I read up is no, a group of 40%ers or 90%ers ect... yes it may and will happen but since training grounds don't work to well when people of a low friend list let alone don't exactly know how to control there tank nor drive in some peoples matter no offence to readers, but all the comments above and most likely below this post are nothing but negative its a war game for 1, and for 2 communication is the key to many things, and 3 I would rather have a few people I can battle with that I know wont scatter across the map like roaches and end up screwing the rest of the team. and its matchmaking not random battles been confirmed threw support. and to repeat my self I understand and have read all posts above and see most negativity but hey if people just like nurfing war games go to minecraft or something in that nature, or do what ive done and join the service and figure out what ive been trying to explain I'm not real well with trying to talk to civilians but that's a work in progress lol.. btw I wouldn't care if me and my team went against 90%ers just shows I would need to work on myself as well as my team would need to do the same..

Edited by Dustin_litchfield, 12 February 2017 - 11:57 AM.

Also tagged with platoon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users