Petition to leave chat alone.

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: Don't change (87 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

About muting players.

1. Do not change. (73 votes [78.49%])

Percentage of vote: 78.49%

2. Remove the communication of disabled tanks with living crew (9 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

3. Mute everyone (11 votes [11.83%])

Percentage of vote: 11.83%

Vote Hide poll

Bronyman50 #21 Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:35 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 20772 battles
  • [FLEET]

The funniest part is that there are much bigger problem, like AFKers or the noobs who get tier 10. And rather then fixing or atleast attempting to fix those problems. They are focusing on the smaller one, that almost everyone is ok with and only a FEW PEOPLE want. 

The problem with me is Removing Between Chat is ok. But Muting the Dead is just plain Idiotic. I know a handful. A literal handful of people who this level of extreme. And honestly the idea is just dumb. Even PC isn't dumb enough to go to this level. And this is the people who though giving the Su122-44 a 7 Second reload a good idea. All in all, wargaming's idea to mute the dead is a bad ide since Blitz is a continual movement game and stopping in the middle of action to tell "Hey there's 3 people here" is not only harmful to the game and the team. Another part is if you don't tell for instance someone is on 300 HP the person can think he's on 500. Which can completely change his plan. 

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

There are Two Types of People in the World. Regular People and Me. 

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

RTBRayWin10 #22 Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6946 battles
  • [RORE]

View PostJaggedPanda, on 18 February 2017 - 02:16 AM, said:

And you guys are all showing exactly why they are doing it. The ones crying the most about it are the ones that are infamous for cussing out people after they die because they couldn't hang. You guys opened your own can of worms on this issue. 

I would say I am complaining pretty loudly about this, and I have cussed other players out exactly 0 times.

View Post4sfield, on 18 February 2017 - 02:35 AM, said:

Wrong, why remove a feature that is sometimes misused? They don't remove tanks that get misused.  It doesn't happen every game. I see more helping than I do chastising. A player can be helped by being told what he is doing wrong just as much as he can be helped by being told what to do to do it right. 

I wonder how many support tickets were submitted by people who didn't get the message and just wanted to stir up trouble?

Oh, don't get me wrong, the chat is constantly being misused.  But shutting it down for everyone based on the 20% of players causing trouble is not the way to go.

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 18 February 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

this

and this.

#mutethedead 

Please show proof that the crew has actually all died and/or did not grab a radio. 

There is clear proof that at least 1 crew member survives.

That being that you may return to your garage and select a new tank. If all of your crew had died, the game would simply end. Game over you must restart with 0 tanks and battles. 

not based on any specific reply 

I find it interesting more people are selecting mute everyone than just the disabled vehicles. I suppose since that is the next minority, that it is what wargaming will do next. Gee thx #mute.everyone 

Edited by RTBRayWin10, 18 February 2017 - 02:48 PM.

You muted the dead, now remove all comms #mute.everyone #mute.battle.chat 

Mdog51 #23 Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13340 battles
  • [ACER_]

The conversations and the comments are one of the reasons why I decided to stay with WOTB rather than anther game. The total experience is a fun experience.

We should build a wall.:trollface:

Edited by Mdog51, 18 February 2017 - 03:11 PM.

RTBRayWin10 #24 Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6946 battles
  • [RORE]

wish more people would cast a vote, but currently 70% don't want it changed.

CarlosDanger_1 #25 Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21377 battles
  • [USAF]
As of this morning wotbstars.com has stats for 130,535 players.  Of those 34 have voted.  Do you really think this poll is going to change anything? 

Yes, I realize the vast majority of those 130k players are not aware that this forum exists.

My guess is the wargaming staff got tired of responding to tickets submitted for abuse of the chat system. 

I have submitted plenty of them and in each one I suggested the change they are implementing in the next update.

RTBRayWin10 #26 Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6946 battles
  • [RORE]

View PostURA_Dork, on 21 February 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

As of this morning wotbstars.com has stats for 130,535 players.  Of those 34 have voted.  Do you really think this poll is going to change anything? 

This is exactly my point, Thanks. 

So, out of less than 1% of players on that website, 20% wanted the change.  So less than 20% of 1% of active players and wargaming changes it.

That is if you use that as the true number of active players. 

Edited by RTBRayWin10, 21 February 2017 - 02:18 PM.

bix409 #27 Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:40 PM

Private

• Players
  • 36456 battles
  • [TOES]
Stupid snowflakes!  the chat is what makes the game engaging, it is personal, it is for people who don't want to play candy crush!  Implement a mute button or chat filters.  If you don't want to bet b*tched at for camping behind a bush in your E100 then just turn chat off!!  Way to go  WOT, I cant even congratulate or say hi to friends.  I wish I hadn't just bought a year of premium!!

Nasty_McGrit #28 Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17039 battles
  • [25ERS]

First freedom of speech - Next the guns will be taken away. . .  :sceptic:

Leave it the way it was.  Now I feel like I am playing against bunch of bots on the red team.  The game feels "cold and empty" now. 

Wonky_Tonk #29 Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:30 AM

Private

• Players
  • 12554 battles
  • [MOM7]
Please fix chat!!!

FatBoySlimDude #30 Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 39491 battles
  • [11TH]
Don't change something that is not broken.  Game is now boring.  Why remove interaction from an interactive environment?  Maybe we can get some under utilized paid protesters to march on WOT HQ every Tuesday and chant some nonsense, We must RESIST!!!!!!

Thom_Bomb #31 Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5979 battles
  • [US-2]
Add me to the list

BorisBaddenov #32 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:09 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 16631 battles
  • [ST2RM]

I voted for all three.

#mutethedead

Last Battle Played at 12:31 on  May 2nd, 2017 

outersketcher #33 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9522 battles
  • [COD-R]

Granted.. I have had some awesome help from dead team mates that guided me into better play. For those players I am grateful.

But those few instances were the pearls in a vast pile of verbal malice and vulgarity.

The rest of us just filled the airways of the battlefield with "Idiot!", "Noobs!", "you suck!", "f you!", "f-ing morons", "we're gonna lose".. and so on.

I've battled on through sneering, jeering taunts from my own teammates while doing the best I can with the skills I have. Learned to shrug it off or ignore chat altogether.

..meh..

So, stop whining.. we brought it on ourselves. This is our reward for the majority of us choosing to act with cruel malice on in-battle chat.

I for one am in favor of the silence of the dead.

Don't be seen. Don't get hit. Choose your shots carefully. And be PATIENT! You have 7 minutes for crying out loud!
Oh.. and don't get hit.  Did I mention "Don't get hit?"... Yah.. don't get hit.

(For someone with a signature like this.. I sure get a lot of "Steel Wall" medals. Ugh.)

RTBRayWin10 #34 Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:16 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6946 battles
  • [RORE]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 22 February 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

I voted for all three.

#mutethedead

still, the crew isn't necessarily dead, just the tank is disabled. 

#mute.everyone 

onseca #35 Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:00 AM

Private

• Players
  • 7609 battles
The chat was fine the way it was. Allow people to report abusers and leave it at that.

Now, with muting the dead, you can't give feedback to your team about what they did wrong. So it's not a team any more.

I don't care about being able to talk to the opposing team.

CarlosDanger_1 #36 Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21377 battles
  • [USAF]

View PostRTBRayWin10, on 23 February 2017 - 05:16 AM, said:

still, the crew isn't necessarily dead, just the tank is disabled. 

#mute.everyone 

​This always comes up in these discussions.  The idea of a crew member escaping a burning tank, taking a hand held radio with him and then directing the battle seems a little far fetched to me.  I'm sure someone will come up with some anecdotal evidence of this actually happening but I can't imagine it happened very often if at all.

WG is not going back to the old chat system so get used to it.  I'm sure the new chat has greatly reduced their workload responding to tickets concerning rules violations.

I think the new chat is great.  I'm not playing to make friends, chat with anyone, or get advice on how to play the game in the middle of a battle.  Why would I blindly follow the advice of someone who I have no idea who they are or if they know what they're talking about?

I thought the previous chat system was extremely toxic, filled with profanity and name calling, and most of the time not at all useful.

RTBRayWin10 #37 Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6946 battles
  • [RORE]

View PostURA_Dork, on 25 February 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

​This always comes up in these discussions.  The idea of a crew member escaping a burning tank, taking a hand held radio with him and then directing the battle seems a little far fetched to me.  I'm sure someone will come up with some anecdotal evidence of this actually happening but I can't imagine it happened very often if at all.

WG is not going back to the old chat system so get used to it.  I'm sure the new chat has greatly reduced their workload responding to tickets concerning rules violations.

I think the new chat is great.  I'm not playing to make friends, chat with anyone, or get advice on how to play the game in the middle of a battle.  Why would I blindly follow the advice of someone who I have no idea who they are or if they know what they're talking about?

I thought the previous chat system was extremely toxic, filled with profanity and name calling, and most of the time not at all useful.

it also always comes up that they didn't implement health bars floating over the tank irl, along with the name of the driver, I am sure someone may be able to photoshop that in.

Don't bother with the realism route, it doesn't hold water. 

Besides WG is currently working on the problem. So I am confident a version will come back. 

Edited by RTBRayWin10, 25 February 2017 - 03:47 PM.

4sfield #38 Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:54 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 21771 battles
  • [SW4RM]
  If there was a toggle switch to turn chat on and off, WG would have no reason to answer any tickets for chat violations. Every time a ticket was submtted for a chat complaint the system could be set up to send an automatic reply, "It's your fault you're butthurt, turn chat off snowflake and stop wasting our time". 

"Unlike credits, spare parts are designed to be a currency that is spent only for the opening of equipment slots. This currency is not used on shells, repair, augmentation or camouflage. Therefore, in the usual pace of the game, spare parts will inevitably begin to accumulate." ~WG Spokesperson

BRooKLYNy718 #39 Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

Private

• Players
  • 21636 battles
  • [XXPRX]
The battle chat is so horrible especially if you're playing with rookies. For the 6 minutes of chatting is not the problem. The problem is after battle when you get a text from a player curse etc. why not block that if u ain't a friend u can't text me only by request  and any one under 1000 personal avg  should earn to play with higher teirs the miss matching battles are horrible

tankboss41 #40 Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23346 battles
  • [MFW]

Wasnt me...

there must be more snowflakes in this game then assumed..

Edited by tankboss41, 25 February 2017 - 11:42 PM.

Si vis pacem para bellum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users