Petition to leave chat alone.

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: Don't change (87 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

About muting players.

1. Do not change. (73 votes [78.49%])

Percentage of vote: 78.49%

2. Remove the communication of disabled tanks with living crew (9 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

3. Mute everyone (11 votes [11.83%])

Percentage of vote: 11.83%

Vote Hide poll

RTBRayWin10 #41 Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:11 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6946 battles
  • [RORE]

View PostBRooKLYNy718, on 25 February 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

The battle chat is so horrible especially if you're playing with rookies. For the 6 minutes of chatting is not the problem. The problem is after battle when you get a text from a player curse etc. why not block that if u ain't a friend u can't text me only by request and any one under 1000 personal avg should earn to play with higher teirs the miss matching battles are horrible

​well, so far in my experiment I have gotten 49 players to say they don't like it and 7 to say they do.

interesting thing is most of the ones that do like it(5 of them) were in low tiers 3/4

and out of the ones that don't like it, most(43) have been in high tiers 7/8/9

I think it is clear where the problem is going to end up being, but I will continue asking.

You muted the dead, now remove all comms #mute.everyone #mute.battle.chat 

sgt_Longhofer_USMC #42 Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:39 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3271 battles
  • [TPDG]
All that like chat now are total snowflakes...and the vote shows the majority wants it back..I believe wotb just got tired of the snowflakes sending in tickets.

tankcrunch #43 Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles

View Postsgt_Longhofer_USMC, on 26 February 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

All that like chat now are total snowflakes...and the vote shows the majority wants it back..I believe wotb just got tired of the snowflakes sending in tickets.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=SnowflakeSnowflake
Referring to someone, usually the Alt-Right, Yiannopoulos, And Nazi Sympathizers (A.K.A. ARYANS), whose immense white fragility causes a meltdown when confronted with the most minute deviation from orthodox White Supremacy. They often cry bloody murder when expected to give the most modest expression of basic human decency.

This is all a continuation of how Snowflake historically refers to people who are against the abolition of slavery.

The ARYANS have attempted to hijack this term to use against progressives and those opposing Fascism. It failed ultimately, because nobody was foolish enough to believe anti-Fascist resisters to be, by any stretch of the imagination, comparable to the snowflakery of the ARYANs and their cheeto-dusted Fuhrer.

But the ARYANS succeeded in poisoning the well on calling people "snowflakes," when it became widely understood that they were using it as a euphemism for the human ashes falling in Nazi Germany when they were burning people. This revelation became particularly useful for decoding the ARYAN tendency of referring to snowflakes as a "Generation." Especially telling is the pseudo-concept of a Snowflake Generation, which operates as a front for the ARYANS' need to mark out groups of people to direct their genocidal lust towards.

stop tossing that word around.

dayton07277 #44 Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9944 battles
  • [CROWN]

View Posttankcrunch, on 26 February 2017 - 07:40 AM, said:

Referring to someone, usually the Alt-Right, Yiannopoulos, And Nazi Sympathizers (A.K.A. ARYANS), whose immense white fragility causes a meltdown when confronted with the most minute deviation from orthodox White Supremacy. They often cry bloody murder when expected to give the most modest expression of basic human decency.

This is all a continuation of how Snowflake historically refers to people who are against the abolition of slavery.

The ARYANS have attempted to hijack this term to use against progressives and those opposing Fascism. It failed ultimately, because nobody was foolish enough to believe anti-Fascist resisters to be, by any stretch of the imagination, comparable to the snowflakery of the ARYANs and their cheeto-dusted Fuhrer.

But the ARYANS succeeded in poisoning the well on calling people "snowflakes," when it became widely understood that they were using it as a euphemism for the human ashes falling in Nazi Germany when they were burning people. This revelation became particularly useful for decoding the ARYAN tendency of referring to snowflakes as a "Generation." Especially telling is the pseudo-concept of a Snowflake Generation, which operates as a front for the ARYANS' need to mark out groups of people to direct their genocidal lust towards.

Yep you're a snowflake

tankcrunch #45 Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles

View Postdayton07277, on 26 February 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

Yep you're a snowflake

yup you are a idiot. don't attempt me. I don't support any of those things.

Edited by tankcrunch, 26 February 2017 - 05:13 PM.

sgt_Longhofer_USMC #46 Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3271 battles
  • [TPDG]

View Posttankcrunch, on 26 February 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

Also found this in you're urban dictionary.. Lol..moron.

SNOWFLAKE:  An overly sensitive person that doesn't take criticism well.

davidm4640 #47 Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:23 PM

Private

• Players
  • 20709 battles
  • [RTF]
While I do not care for the language used, I do think the ability to chat adds a dimension to this game missing from other games.  Eliminating this will have an aversive impact over the long haul.

Mdog51 #48 Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:44 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13363 battles
  • [ACER_]

Last game I started chatting with  myself .:facepalm:

Bring back chat.

RTBRayWin10 #49 Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6946 battles
  • [RORE]

View Postdavidm4640, on 26 February 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

While I do not care for the language used, I do think the ability to chat adds a dimension to this game missing from other games.  Eliminating this will have an aversive impact over the long haul.

Well, for people using it to break clan rules, the results come very quickly. 

Otherwise yes, it will destroy it in the long run 

You muted the dead, now remove all comms #mute.everyone #mute.battle.chat 

MaroonJ #50 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:38 PM

Private

• Players
  • 8611 battles
  • [GS25]
Chat in-game was what made this game great beyond the run and shoot play. Now, its just mundane, feels like you're playing isolated and its generally devoid of life/excitement/tension. The comradery, emotional appeal and tactics were what brought me to this game and made the stay, in battle not out nor FPS like gameplay, I could get that elsewhere so many times over. There are some who've declared that they wont be spending more until this is fixed with atleast an option to filter chat, I totally understand that. I am not a dev but the chat is what gave this game some emotion and killed the monotony. Please fix chat  

NinjaBlox137 #51 Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1084 battles

No muting the dead. Unless the radio operator was killed while the tank was alive.

I just lost a Supremacy round 990-320 because our last tank didn't think that by running away from the two KV-2s might actually be a good idea. This could've all been prevented if I had the option to tell him to run.

And this is why I hate the M4 Sherman.. ^^

I_am_Daffy #52 Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23831 battles
  • [KINCK]
I gave my 2 cents worth in suggestions and feed back, souless without options.

I_am_Daffy #53 Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23831 battles
  • [KINCK]
Bring it back, maybe with options.

Edited by I_am_Daffy, 02 March 2017 - 10:38 AM.

dayton07277 #54 Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9944 battles
  • [CROWN]
Bring back original in game chat...Now!!

TEXAS_for_the_win #55 Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3378 battles
  • [I776]
yeah back to the way it was
Rip liberalism 2008-2016 make merica great again!!! owner of the great clan merica! [I776]

If you don't like beer, trucks, country music, or Merica I probably don't like you either, Earl dibbles jr. 

#makeamericagreatagain      https://youtu.be/cb1b0tAR-3s

Freejack1977 #56 Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17736 battles
  • [VSOP]
Wargaming is trying to fight toxic players, it's welcoming decision, however taking our freedom out is worse decision they could of made, instead of playing it smart and give OPTION SWITCH ON AND OFF on a chat,  they just took the whole thing away... I find this decision is extremely odd, give players the switch to mute toxic nonsense rather than making the game silent, it is killing the game. Once again Wargaming trying to do something good, but again backwards... it's like right hand doesn't know what left does... or they taking it totally to the wrong direction. I don't know anymore.

Pizonya #57 Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

Private

• Players
  • 39314 battles
Change battle chat back to the way it was before 3.6 release. Make abusive language penalties more severe. We are mostly males that like to win and like the banter. It's part of the battle. We don't need or want 'safe spaces'. Save that for the snowflakes. 

_chef1969 #58 Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37157 battles
  • [MDC]
Put the chat back.... and add parental feature that allows parents and the sensitive to not see the banter.... otherwise this may as well be and AI game... they have taken one of the fun things away.... btw I was sniped by someone.... and could not tell my team where he was.... that's a real bummer....

_chef1969 #59 Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37157 battles
  • [MDC]

View Postdayton07277, on 26 February 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

Yep you're a snowflake

um... I'm not a racist, nazi, or bigot ... the term snowflake in the year 2017 refers to someone that is sensitive and can't handle harsh or direct comments or feedback.... aka give them a trophy for showing up...

Freejack1977 #60 Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17736 battles
  • [VSOP]
WG should bring chat back with option to switch it off and on, period. It's not that hard to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users