Please ditch the Schlitz and give more realistic skins

little_brother_of_war #22 Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6863 battles
  • [FROST]

View PostTengenToppaPotatoLagann, on 23 February 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

agree, the new camos are hideous. 

Best idea I've had: foliage packs. Thinking like the winter realtree camo, but sold as a set of three, for the different map seasons/styles.  Could sell them for more than most individual Camos as it's three different looks, and realistic looking. 

But no, let's just keep making the game uglier, patch by patch.

View PostChariot_Solace, on 23 February 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Verdun Forest is cool. The bits of blue in it throw me off a bit but its cool. I unlocked it on two of my tanks I think. 

Combat Valor is cool. The second German desert camo. That's definitely one of my favorites. I also actually really like the winter celebrations 2017 camo they released too. The tree branches in it make it look bada ss. And Frostbitten Glacier is pretty sick too. Just looks realistically battle worn. Those are probably my favorites. And as far as summer camos go. Idk. The Century Oak camo I think it's called. You know, the Russian one that isn't bright yellow screaming shoot me please. That one's pretty good. 

View PostSchnauzerKampfwagenIV, on 23 February 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

The French camos are good and the new purpleish one looks good imo very ww1 dazzle camoish. Looks good on landship type tanks like Matilda. But Germans need a zimmeret option. Could live without the garish silly ones though. I agree with the foliage packs, that would be cool for say stug which were often festooned with it. That and barrel rings for skill. And a Brümbar would be nice to add  in the line as an assault tank ala the Brit AT's. 

View PostOffisir, on 24 February 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

I cant agree more. Besides, when are we even getting the realistic insignias and flags on tanks? Like the star on American tanks,  flag on Japanese tanks, and the Iron Cross on Germans????

View PostChariot_Solace, on 25 February 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

It can't be any harder to introduce realistic camos to Blitz than it was to introduce them to WOT PC, and WOT PC have had them for a while if I'm not mistaken. The designers may be hard at work, idk for sure. I just want them to shift priorities to things like the camos I've posted. No doubt they would be popular.

View PostMeatshield_Six, on 25 February 2017 - 12:26 AM, said:

Please ditch the Schlitz and give more realistic skins

True, true, true and right on!

I really do think we should have the option to purchase the realistic regular camo designs at a one time cost via gold and/or credit purchases instead of the steady repetitive credit resupply drain. That's the only reason why I don't care to dress out most tanks in camo.

I really dig the authentic look of the regular style camo, just for the historic and aesthetic value more than anything. But the steady credit cost for resupplying it keeps me from using them, unfortunately. Would love to have the option to just earn them permanently through missions or some other event, too, without having to re-purchase it with credits over and over again.

Decimator Road

Cablama_i #23 Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 858 battles
I would like to be able to put capture emblems on my tank. Like the iron cross on my Sherman or a Finish swastika on my KV (for historical reasons of corse). I would also like to be able to add branches, foliage, and equipment like helmets, gas cans, amo cans/boxes etc. don't think it would be very hard they just take the models from the fury tank and be able to place them in certain places and certain things also the foliage from tiger 131 models to place on other tanks. :) 

Edited by Cablama_i, 27 February 2017 - 06:48 AM.

Offisir #24 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:21 AM

Private

• Players
  • 14820 battles
  • [Z06]
Glad everyones sharing valid points. But the question is, do the devs even look over forum content such as the one we're creating?

Edited by Offisir, 05 March 2017 - 01:22 AM.

Salish #25 Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12440 battles
  • [1_RTR]
I agree. That camouflage.  Should be in the game. If  WG, claims to be about realism! 

__Boomer2__ #26 Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12894 battles
  • [501RV]

View PostQadri, on 21 February 2017 - 03:56 AM, said:

Because we have to appeal to the 13 and under age group with polka dot and silly strings 

Screw the children.  This is (at least was) a semi-realistic simulator.  WE WANT REAL CAMO.  I don't mind a few weird ones (hey, why not?), but every camo they've released starting with the Olympic Funfetti has been unrealistic excpet the fanmade one.

And I really don't get why the clan camo is neon blue.  Whole point of camo is to stay hidden, right?  Right?

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4

__Boomer2__ #27 Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12894 battles
  • [501RV]

View PostOffisir, on 24 February 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

I cant agree more. Besides, when are we even getting the realistic insignias and flags on tanks? Like the star on American tanks,  flag on Japanese tanks, and the Iron Cross on Germans????

Yea, I want these too.  They already have them; check the "tanks" tab on the store area.  If they can make laser paint schemes, they sure as hell can a couple of logos.

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4

Chariot_Solace #28 Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:10 AM

• Players
  • 14182 battles
  • [SKVLL]

View PostOffisir, on 05 March 2017 - 01:21 AM, said:

Glad everyones sharing valid points. But the question is, do the devs even look over forum content such as the one we're creating?

I should think so. That's the main reason I posted this in "Blitz Staff Corner">>>>>"Suggestions and Feedback", rather than "General Discussion"

"Let us conduct ourselves so that all men wish to be our friends, and all fear to be our enemies."

-Alexander The Great

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100. Lines I'm Grinding: Grille(IX), Maus(IX), IS7(VIII), STB-1(VII), AMX50B(VIII) Favorite Tank: E75

tankcrunch #29 Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles
I agree, we need realistic camouflage, not these cheap piece of crap camouflages that try to look realistic but ain't.

SanguinaryDan #30 Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3035 battles
  • [1MORE]

Sorry to bring a bit of necromancy to the forum but I really agree with the posts here.  I'd love to see more varied, historic and nation appropriate camouflages added to the game.

I'm not saying you should drop the more garish "fun" paint schemes, just that being able to field a Panther in the historically accurate Ambush pattern camo would be a great option.  And certainly something I'd be willing to pay for.

That and some more of the decals that we all expect to see on our tanks.  A Wehrmacht tank should have a 3 digit turret number. And a Sherman should have the white stars.  It can't be that hard to add these sorts of things to basic coding of the tank's skin? (Says the man who hasn't taken a single mobile device programming course. :rolleyes:  )

I know I'm a noob to this game, but I've been playing everything from micro-armor to hex map tank games since the early 80s and building model tanks since the 70s. And know I can't be the only player who would love to have the historical look of the tanks we love brought to the fore.

Edited by SanguinaryDan, 04 September 2017 - 03:57 PM.

Offisir #31 Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Private

• Players
  • 14820 battles
  • [Z06]

Not a problem at all. I could only hope more people would add to this forum to bring the much-needed awareness.

I was very happy to see some more realistic camo this year. I purchased the Kpfpz 70 and its legendary camo because it had wonderful design and the Bundeswehr color scheme.

I'm beginning to see other realistic camo like the legendary camo for the Tier X AMX that sports the French army roundel and the Tier X American autoloader, Tireless, rocking the white star.

The recent 4.2 update also brought the red star to KV-1, but my only real gripe here is that the German vehicles are not getting any realistic camo/emblem like the Iron Cross.

As a tank game, this is a huge disservice to Wargaming themselves (by overlooking the profit brought in by gold purchases to buy "realistic" legendary camos) and those who collect and absolutely cherish their German tanks. I should also note that the British and Japanese tanks that came in even before the French line are still lacking their respective emblems in camo design.

Edited by Offisir, 13 September 2017 - 02:54 PM.

Also tagged with Camo, New, Suggestion, Hinterhalt, Camouflage

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users