IS-6 Fearless and Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
459 replies to this topic

_Scalphunter_ #141 Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 42930 battles
  • [H0B0S]
The tank was in the marketing material for the gift shop. Then after you use real money to buy the in game currency they take it away. Very unethical. WG's response to these issues is pretty much a stock [edited] you. You'll get nowhere with these clowns. File a grievance with Apple and the BBB. Wargaming does not care. 

_LXX #142 Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2389 battles
Funny thing about all this...when the gift store came online, several posts were made in General Discussion about getting the Fearless before WG realized they made a mistake. Many of you KNEW it wasn't supposed to be there. You tried to take advantage of something you KNEW to be a mistake, and now that it's bitten you in the butt, you are complaining. You tried to get over, it didn't work. Suck it up and move on snowflake.

THEGRIMPEEPER #143 Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15579 battles
  • [OMARP]

We are fine waiting a few weeks if a acceptable solution is found. 

What nobody wants is this to drag on about what's going to be done.

Communication is key here and appreciated. Thank you.

All we need is the solution/resolution. 

Go CC_SLY GO

XplosivEnema #144 Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:44 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16301 battles
  • [VZARM]

View Post_LXX, on 23 February 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

Funny thing about all this...when the gift store came online, several posts were made in General Discussion about getting the Fearless before WG realized they made a mistake. Many of you KNEW it wasn't supposed to be there. You tried to take advantage of something you KNEW to be a mistake, and now that it's bitten you in the butt, you are complaining. You tried to get over, it didn't work. Suck it up and move on snowflake.

DING! we have a winner!

RageKicker #145 Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6634 battles
I’m prepared to wait a few weeks for WG to add in another 3D model and texture. I’m sure most other people who purchased the Fearless in good faith would too. We wallet warriors are the ones who are funding Blitz, we keep the game free for the majority, it’s time for WarGaming to acknowledge that and take care of the guy’s who put food on their table.

Edited by RageKicker, 23 February 2017 - 04:24 PM.

Cake is life.

xxxMxAxNxOxLxOxxx #146 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25274 battles
  • [3OOOD]

View PostCC_Sly, on 22 February 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Alright - let's get this thing settled. 

Main points:

1. The IS-6 Fearless and the Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 were put on the Gift Store.
  2. They were able to be gifted.
  3. This was not intended.

What we did/are doing

1. We removed the IS-6 Fearless and Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 from the Gift Store.
  2. We removed all gifted IS-6 Fearless and Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 from the accounts.
  3. We returned the gold used to gift all IS-6 Fearless and Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 tanks.
  4. Players who purchased any equipment for a gifted IS-6 Fearless or Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 can submit a ticket to support for a full refund of the credits used.
  5. We will be providing all players who had a gifted IS-6 Fearless or Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 removed from their account the following:
    • 1x Certificate for 24 h of Premium Account
    • 5x Combat XP Boosters (60%)
  6. If a player that was Gifted the IS-6 Fearless or Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 sold their normal IS-6 or Jagdtiger 8,8, send in a ticket and we will restore them without using an exception. 

Things that are in discussions 

1. Will/Can we wipe the stats of the gifted tanks from players accounts?
  2. Bring up the idea of having people use the gold they purchased when the IS-6F and Snowstorm to purchase other limited time tanks.
    • I can bring this up as an option but I am not sure we can ID the people properly in any sort of timely manner.

I will be watching this topic and trying to answer any questions I can. If another point comes up I can add it to the "Things that are in discussions" section. I will continue to bring your concerns and feedback to the decision makers and will do my best to make sure every concern is heard.

I can't understand how u can be so low oriented to client. 

My pal give a gift for his son, a birthday son, and u destroyed a golden moment.

Do u believe your compensation for YOUR mistake is enough to restore client satisfaction?.

Someday you will loose a lot of clients and recall this moment to answer why are u jobless.

WareJC #147 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13522 battles

View Post_LXX, on 23 February 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

I did not know cupcake.

However, if your saying it is was common knowledge please explain WGs failure to get ahead of it and fix 3.6 prior to release or point to the pre release annoucement saying do not buy this tank.

Edited by WareJC, 23 February 2017 - 04:19 PM.

"Your lack of effort or your death is not my concern. However lack of effort will lead to your death by their hand or mine."

razernaga2014 #148 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:22 PM

I drink and I know things.

• Players
  • 12126 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post_LXX, on 23 February 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Google the word 'precedent' and use your brain (or someone else's) to find out how it applies to the situation at hand.  

I have quit the game for now.  It is no longer what I began playing in 2014, and while change is not inherently bad, it is also not inherently good either.  

How To Crossfire

Former [SPUD] longtime member

NICKEL_AND_DIME #149 Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:07 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 57110 battles
  • [III]

Must be nice to work for Wargaming.  When I make a mistake of oversight at my job, I am the one that pays for that mistake.  If I sell the wrong thing at the wrong price, I pay the difference out of my pocket; we don't punish the paying customer like WG has done here.  Customer keeps what they bought, and I don't get to hide behind an EULA or a contract or anything else.

But their model obviously works for them, as evidenced by the value of the company and the things they are able to spend money on.  Since they aren't hurting for money I don't feel any need to send them anything more.  It's bad enough when I have ghost rounds in a game, but this is an example of paid-for tanks disappearing.  I have no confidence in Wargaming at this point, they've lost that and I don't see any corrective actions in the works to attempt to gain that trust back. The healthy supplier/consumer relationship is eroding fast. 

Edited by NICKEL_AND_DIME, 23 February 2017 - 05:08 PM.

_Scalphunter_ #150 Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 42930 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Post_LXX, on 23 February 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

So wrong on this one. I did NOT know it was a mistake I thought it was an attempt by WG to raise money by selling one of their rare tanks. They do this all the time. Remember when they pulled the Shinobi from the tech tree because it made too much credits and then they turned around and sold it for cash?  Wargaming selling a heretofore rare tank is a common practice for them. What is unprecedented is them taking something back that people bought with money. 

Aodin #151 Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12865 battles

I suspect there is a reason that WG prefers to sell tanks via gold rather than direct purchase (cash) which makes me curious.

Sly - is refunding IAPs for $ through the App Store more complicated than people suspect - I.e. If you stick with refunding via in game currency you maintain control of the process? You have mentioned apple approvals a few times (on new content I realize) but is that part of the problem? I'm not asking for details just a general yes or no kind of answer.

CC_Sly #152 Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

Community Lead

• Players
  • 3092 battles

View PostAodin, on 23 February 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

I suspect there is a reason that WG prefers to sell tanks via gold rather than direct purchase (cash) which makes me curious.

Sly - is refunding IAPs for $ through the App Store more complicated than people suspect - I.e. If you stick with refunding via in game currency you maintain control of the process? You have mentioned apple approvals a few times (on new content I realize) but is that part of the problem? I'm not asking for details just a general yes or no kind of answer.

I would not call it a problem or an issue. I would say it is more complicated and time intensive than refunding Gold though our own tools. Since we are dealing with other companies and policies. 

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

RedBarchetta3 #153 Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:31 PM

Verified √

• Players
  • 25578 battles
  • [DFNT]

WG knows (I would hope) who bought Gold as the store went live through the time the Fearless was removed from the store. Match those people up with the players who gifted the Fearless. Offer those players a complete refund for their gold in $$$.

Anybody who bought a Fearless with existing Gold gets their gold back.

In addition to those transactions, give the players involved 2 million credits to make up for lost equipment, consumables, tanks they sold to raise credits, etc. There will be unique situations, deal with those on a case by case basis.

Crediting back real $$$ may be a problem because it has to go through the Apple Store and Google Play who may only credit in store credit. 

I strip away the old debris that hides a shining car, a brilliant red barchetta from a better vanished time

My not so helpful WOTB videos are on YouTube

The problem will solve itself with time.

Tackmoney #154 Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25951 battles
  • [WEAK]
Sent in info to App Store to have my money refunded and told them to remove wotblitz from App Store. Will post an update if I get one from apple...

RedBarchetta3 #155 Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

Verified √

• Players
  • 25578 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostKaos_Dynamo, on 22 February 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

OMFG - because thus is easier than letting them keep the tanks that were sold!!! wth

Customer Service 101 - Don't solve one customer service issue by creating another customer service issue. 

Edited by RedBarchetta3, 23 February 2017 - 06:53 PM.

I strip away the old debris that hides a shining car, a brilliant red barchetta from a better vanished time

My not so helpful WOTB videos are on YouTube

The problem will solve itself with time.

Ookla_the_Mok #156 Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

VCR is Peak Tech

• Players
  • 28787 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Geez, what a feces show this is.

WG is putting Sly in an unwinnable situation. I do not envy him for having to deal with this.

As a player that has taken months off from playing and is lukewarm about returning, this incident is not inspiring me to invest time into this environment. Comcast-level customer service is not an experience I willfully choose to take part in.

This shouldn't be hard to fix by WG, but a day of premium and some boosters is not the answer. (On a side note, the introduction of boosters also curtails my enthusiasm for this game - bigly).

Unfortunately, for the players, it really is not worth the time and resources to invest in making this right. Your response should be to not forget this and when the temptation to spend money arises... put away your wallet. Most of the players have enough resources and tanks to play going forward, don't let shiny objects hide the fact that the game was better a year ago than it is now.

Anyway, WG should give everyone that gave or was gifted a Fearless enough credits to cover 3 full-priced equipment pieces, a premium ammo loadout, and round up to the nearest 100K. Then throw in 10 days of premium time. Then, and this is important as WG took in cash as part of this "event" and now players are stuck ith gold, not cash: make the net three new premium tanks available for cash AND gold purchase. Put those tanks in the tech tree for the duration of an update and let that gold be used instead of cash. It is not difficult to take care of your spending players with in-game goods. WG refusing to recognize their regular spenders as the backbone of the game is telling.

TL;DR: WG sucks again, you should not be surprised. Sly is the unfortunate messenger. Players should understand when the game is injecting too much frustration into their free time and be willing to walk away,

BRSKT Discord - Now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.
Alternatively you can check out
 [BRSKT]  

little_brother_of_war #157 Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:59 PM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 18168 battles
  • [FROST]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 23 February 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Geez, what a feces show this is.

WG is putting Sly in an unwinnable situation. I do not envy him for having to deal with this.

As a player that has taken months off from playing and is lukewarm about returning, this incident is not inspiring me to invest time into this environment. Comcast-level customer service is not an experience I willfully choose to take part in.

This shouldn't be hard to fix by WG, but a day of premium and some boosters is not the answer. (On a side note, the introduction of boosters also curtails my enthusiasm for this game - bigly).

Unfortunately, for the players, it really is not worth the time and resources to invest in making this right. Your response should be to not forget this and when the temptation to spend money arises... put away your wallet. Most of the players have enough resources and tanks to play going forward, don't let shiny objects hide the fact that the game was better a year ago than it is now.

Anyway, WG should give everyone that gave or was gifted a Fearless enough credits to cover 3 full-priced equipment pieces, a premium ammo loadout, and round up to the nearest 100K. Then throw in 10 days of premium time. Then, and this is important as WG took in cash as part of this "event" and now players are stuck ith gold, not cash: make the net three new premium tanks available for cash AND gold purchase. Put those tanks in the tech tree for the duration of an update and let that gold be used instead of cash. It is not difficult to take care of your spending players with in-game goods. WG refusing to recognize their regular spenders as the backbone of the game is telling.

TL;DR: WG sucks again, you should not be surprised. Sly is the unfortunate messenger. Players should understand when the game is injecting too much frustration into their free time and be willing to walk away,

Rght.

Old cowboy saying #1...

”Welp...it’s a mean ol’ world.”

Old cowboy saying #2...

”If it bothers you so much, why talk about it?”

>>>============> anet’sodi’ <============<<<
_lbow_

bill77_tank_killer #158 Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

Major Snafu

• Players
  • 15322 battles

View Post_Pandageddon, on 22 February 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

Since people who bought the IS-6 Fearless are most likely collectors; give them a choice of some other rare tank as compensation? 

Tanks like: Ke Ni Otsu, Victory, Fury, and M60? Trying to think of other tanks that are semi-rare or that people would really want. 

That is what I suggested in my support ticket, but it was ignored. I didn't even ask for it be free.

"If you feel that the Fearless is just so special that you have to kick your *paying* customers in the nuts, then you are welcome to substitute a T34-85 Victory for a cost of 5100 gold (the cost of a tier 7 premium)"

Iahs2k #159 Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 39861 battles
  • [IRH]
Wargaming business ethics are SLIMY.  To steal my purchase and substitute something I didn't want without my consent is BAIT AND SWITCH.  THIS IS UNETHICAL AND FRAUDULENT.  This should be a case study for students to understand how HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESTROYS COMPANIES.  Good luck ever receiving money from me again.  

Tomio_Hara #160 Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:51 PM

Monteagle madness

• Players
  • 22699 battles
  • [SR-72]

View Post_LXX, on 23 February 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users