IS-6 Fearless and Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
459 replies to this topic

vonmark_1 #161 Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42657 battles
  • [III]
It is laughable to say it is the consumers responsibility to check the validity of every item they purchase.  That is WG's responsibility not mine.  It was purposely made available for sale and I bought it.  That is a completed transaction for goods or services.  Punishing the customer for WG's lack of quality control and oversight is ridiculous.   

Jonny_the_Brit #162 Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14290 battles
  • [-007-]

View PostCC_Sly, on 22 February 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Alright - let's get this thing settled. 

Main points:

1. The IS-6 Fearless and the Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 were put on the Gift Store.
  2. They were able to be gifted.
  3. This was not intended.

What we did/are doing

1. We removed the IS-6 Fearless and Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 from the Gift Store.
  2. We removed all gifted IS-6 Fearless and Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 from the accounts.
  3. We returned the gold used to gift all IS-6 Fearless and Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 tanks.
  4. Players who purchased any equipment for a gifted IS-6 Fearless or Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 can submit a ticket to support for a full refund of the credits used.
  5. We will be providing all players who had a gifted IS-6 Fearless or Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 removed from their account the following:
    • 1x Certificate for 24 h of Premium Account
    • 5x Combat XP Boosters (60%)
  6. If a player that was Gifted the IS-6 Fearless or Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8 sold their normal IS-6 or Jagdtiger 8,8, send in a ticket and we will restore them without using an exception. 

Things that are in discussions 

1. Will/Can we wipe the stats of the gifted tanks from players accounts?
  2. Bring up the idea of having people use the gold they purchased when the IS-6F and Snowstorm to purchase other limited time tanks.
    • I can bring this up as an option but I am not sure we can ID the people properly in any sort of timely manner.

I will be watching this topic and trying to answer any questions I can. If another point comes up I can add it to the "Things that are in discussions" section. I will continue to bring your concerns and feedback to the decision makers and will do my best to make sure every concern is heard.

Sly we all appreciate the information, but to make a sale and then unilaterally reclaim the item and offer an unwanted replacement is not only unethical, it's illegal.

Imagine if Apple released an album earlier than intended and people bought it. Do you think Apple would just remove said album from people's accounts? Can you imagine the reaction if they did?

WG have gone too far this time. Mistakes can be forgiven, but repeated incompetence is getting tiring and illegality is not acceptable. Please convey the very real anger of many players back to anyone who might listen.

Wuh4nGrabbedDonByDaP_55y #163 Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

I have two guns, one for each of you

• Players
  • 15648 battles
  • [_RKM_]

It's really simple, albeit requiring WG to be thorough. Refund gold to those customers who had the gold laying around 24 hours+ prior to the gift shop opening. To those who purchased gold within 24 hours of purchasing the IS-6 Fearless, they should have their real cash refunded. All credit expenditures (equipment, consumables, etc) related to the IS-6 Fearless should be returned ASAP, along with maybe a little gold for the troubles. End of story.

As for the EULA terms, that stipulation is on thin ice with the vast majority of DA's, BBB, etc. With bait n switch, most credit card companies will side with the customer on this one if cash refunds aren't allowed. WG is starting to look a lot more like the Sopranos than any fortune 500 company, and I'm mostly referring to the bumbling incompetency.

Money_mann____ #164 Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12831 battles
Another thread for angry players

Working as Intended, Comrade

Proud owner of the TOG II*

NateDawg2k16 #165 Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

Swedish Mafia Captain

• Players
  • 13585 battles
  • [META]

View PostAOT_Jaeger2, on 22 February 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

WAIT. I have a possible reparation. This will also likely be over time, but hear me out. It was said there would be a new earnable tank dealy based on the French. No one knows when this will happen (wink wink, nudge nudge), but how about gifting one of these new premiums? Like, to everyone? Not saying it would fixe everything, but a serverwide gift does tend to appease the masses.... Maybe to kind of say "Desole, notre mauvais," for the number of bugs in the update?

Hint hint WG

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have. 

little_brother_of_war #166 Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:16 PM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 18195 battles
  • [FROST]

View PostMoney_mann____, on 23 February 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

And yet...here you are. 

Old cowboy saying #1...

”Welp...it’s a mean ol’ world.”

Old cowboy saying #2...

”If it bothers you so much, why talk about it?”

>>>============> anet’sodi’ <============<<<
_lbow_

CC_Sly #167 Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:08 PM

Community Lead

• Players
  • 3092 battles

I remind people - that what is posted is what is currently happening. 

Until I come back and say "this is the final update!" or something similar, our discussions of your feedback are still going on.

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

tankcrunch #168 Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles

View PostCC_Sly, on 23 February 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

I remind people - that what is posted is what is currently happening.

Until I come back and say "this is the final update!" or something similar, our discussions of your feedback are still going on.

thanks Sly

_Scalphunter_ #169 Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 42930 battles
  • [H0B0S]

Got a response from WG demanding my money back (not gold). They directed me to the Apple site where you can challenge an in game purchase. Hopefully this means they will be working with Apple to approve the refunds and not challenge them. I suspect if they tell Apple that what they did was a mistake and people should get refunds that'll happen. If they dig their heels in and say we got the gold that they paid for Apple will probably decline the refund.   I do not believe WG will do the former. They are charlatans and hucksters, but hopefully I'm wrong on this one. 

I would suggest that that everyone who like me made a gold purchase specifically to buy the tank file a complaint with Apple or whoever they made the transaction with. If one person gripes they may chalk it up to an isolated incident and dismiss it. If many people complain then I suspect this matter will garner increased scrutiny and we may get refunds. 

With this his the only thing I'm fairly confident of is that WG customer service stinks. They've also gotten the last bit of money they'll ever see from me. 

fever872 #170 Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

More cowbell

• Players
  • 29670 battles
  • [SLC]
I lost both tanks and it stinks some of the posts here are ridiculously rude and completely out of touch with reality everyone needs to relax enjoy the game and stop whining on the forums this is a little problem blown way out of proportion like I said I lost 2 tanks and credits as well.       Love the game Wg keep up the good work!

ahredstealth #171 Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostCC_Sly, on 23 February 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

Yup, understand that... but what about the discussion...  What exactly are we discussing here?

Can we opt for other rare tanks?  If so, which ones?  We are willing to wait... but if you could toss out a time line, that would be good rather then just stating, "A long time."  Is that a decade?  If so, I'm not certain I'm willing to commit to that.  A month?  Sure, I'll wait a month.  Not a problem.

View PostMoney_mann____, on 23 February 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

View Postlittle_brother_of_war, on 23 February 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

And yet...here you are. 

View Posttankcrunch, on 23 February 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

ok

awfully angry are you? uninstall than rather spamming the forums with your anger.

Also, we've got all sorts of spam in this thread that has nothing to do with the discussion... can we get it cleaned up?  this is just some I grabbed from this page...

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Rocket_na #172 Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:57 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

I'm sending in a Ticket to recover the cost of Equipment and Ammo.

Not sure why it wasn't included in the Repo of the Fearless process.

As it stands, I'm short around 1.5million Credits. 

Just add me to the Test Server, call it even.

tankcrunch #173 Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles

from what I been reading so far, I understand that the IS6 Fearless wasn't supposed to common players and be given to only CW2 winners, and it is just a IS6 with just a cool camouflage  and name. what the issue with the Snowstorm Jagdtiger? I haven't hear much about it, so what is it? other than just a Jagdtiger with cool camouflage and name.  also since both weren't supposed to be sold in the store, and the only compensation that would be given were the money convert into gold and was given back. there is plenty other tanks that can be sold in their place, Fury, Cromwell B, IS-2 Berlin, Jagdtiger 88mm, etc.

CC_Sly #174 Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:09 PM

Community Lead

• Players
  • 3092 battles

View Postahredstealth, on 23 February 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

Yup, understand that... but what about the discussion...  What exactly are we discussing here?

Can we opt for other rare tanks?  If so, which ones?  We are willing to wait... but if you could toss out a time line, that would be good rather then just stating, "A long time."  Is that a decade?  If so, I'm not certain I'm willing to commit to that.  A month?  Sure, I'll wait a month.  Not a problem.

I have nothing to share at this point because I cannot promise anything solid. When I have more solid and stable info - I promise to share it as soon as I can.

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

HeavensAbove #175 Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 43534 battles
  • [HRNET]
I purchased gold to gift an IS6F for myself.  As bummed as I am that the tank was removed, I understand the reasons.  I'd suggest that WG allow those users a chance to buy a rare premium tank using the gold that was returned.  Please make the Victory one of those tanks. 

SlowZee #176 Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:45 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14592 battles
  • [WHAMO]
I would totally spend the gold refunded for my is6f for something equally as rare  such as a kv220. It holds no significance on the NA server, it was a beta tank for the RU server. Your making money off me still and we still get a cool tank

Mashed_Spud #177 Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 622 battles

So you decided to alienate customers who spent real money to buy a tank with a different skin. Yes I already owned an IS6.

Silly WarGaming

Think I will go and Gamble some real money and buy some containers ( haha ) I might get some tokens

THEGRIMPEEPER #178 Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15579 battles
  • [OMARP]

View PostCC_Sly, on 23 February 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

I have nothing to share at this point because I cannot promise anything solid. When I have more solid and stable info - I promise to share it as soon as I can.

I hope your going with the Moto (under promise so that you can over deliver)

little_brother_of_war #179 Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:27 AM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 18195 battles
  • [FROST]

View PostCC_Sly, on 23 February 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

Great! Thanks, Sly.

Btw, maybe consider offering an opportunity to purchase these new French event tanks at a good deal or something!    :great:

Old cowboy saying #1...

”Welp...it’s a mean ol’ world.”

Old cowboy saying #2...

”If it bothers you so much, why talk about it?”

>>>============> anet’sodi’ <============<<<
_lbow_

Storm216 #180 Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:35 AM

Wait, HEAT isn't standard ammo?!

• Players
  • 28927 battles

Again, the opportunity for Fearless buyers to purchase our choice of no-longer-available tanks (Ke-Ni Otsu, Chi-Nu Kai, E25 #1, etc.) for gold would resolve the issue completely for me, and I would have no more complaints on the matter.

Please consider this. 

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users