_Crusader6_ #202 Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:09 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69764 battles
  • [BDGER]

Well I will chime in.  

Two clarifications up front. 

I did not buy a Fearless 

I was banned from the forum for three days so I didn't get to offer my opinion yet. 

WG screwed up.   (Shocked?). 

However that isn't the issue. 

When WG offered the Fearless for sale, and players purchased it there was a contract created. 

A contract WG was not in a position to unilaterally revoke. 

Now for those who want to point to the TOS/EULA, in common law (which is practiced here in the US) the specific overrules the general.  

Additionally WG NA is HD'd in CA a state with some of the toughest Consumer Protection laws in the continental US. 

That all out of the way. 

WG screwed up the Kenny OP, and the M60

They where left in place.  So precedents has already been set.  

WG should have simply removed it from the store once they noticed the mistake.  

IF they wanted to keep it an exclusive tank they then needed to negotiate a way to buy them back from the owners. 

As it stands currently WG is in breach of contract with those individuals and the TOS won't stand up in court (few waivers due as they are usually viewed in these circumstances as either signed under duress [cant conduct an activity without accepting) or overruled due to the specific sales contract of the Fearless.  Most of the TOS/EULA language is to protect WG if they need to close Blitz, and doesn't give them a rot at large to pillage your bought tanks. 

For the layman, if you go into Best Buy and a really expensive TV is marked $200, the need to sell it to you at that price and cannot withhold the goods as they have offered them for sale.  

This is at minimum breach of contract, and potentially fraud.   

I would urge all the wronged Fearless buyers to hold WG accountable for their actions and misdoings. 

Tank Hoarder: 422 tanks in Garage:  431/431 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

ahredstealth #203 Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:11 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostCC_Sly, on 23 February 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

I have nothing to share at this point because I cannot promise anything solid. When I have more solid and stable info - I promise to share it as soon as I can.

Do you mind if I ask how this info comes and goes?

Obviously there is a bit of a time gap between you and the "home office" if you will...

And we haven't had any new information since, I believe the original post which was two days ago, I'm curious how long this back and forth takes...

Are you guys completely opposite the business hours over there, so you fire off an e-mail, and maybe it gets read over there the first day, maybe not...  and then they discuss it for a day...  and then they go back to you... and maybe you have questions on the information received back, so you fire off another e-mail... and the process repeats...

Or is it more like, you guys have a set day for a phone conference call, and you won't know anything until then?

Or is it sorta more like, whenever they home office feels like they need to talk to you, communication happens, so we are all just going to sit around and wait until then?

I'm just curious how long it takes to get an answer that you can share.  I don't think the hold up is on your end, and I like many others don't mind waiting, but some sort of a time table would be good information...

"It typically takes me about a week turn around to get clear direction on something like this."  Or maybe "I dunno.  Could be a month.  They are probably just waiting for all the kids to forget about this, and sweep it under the rug." Or "I should know sometime Monday morning."

You've got customers that are waiting.  You've got some that are pulling their money back from the App store, which can't be fun for you guys.  You've got others that are getting jerked around with tickets and what not...

It would probably help some with decisions to know a bit more about the time table we are using here...

And actually it's probably good information because something seems to get jacked up on a decently regular basis.  That's not pointed at you, I know you have nothing to do with it, and seem to just get to live a lot of all this, but again, knowing more about the process might help some of us not make any rash decisions.

Thanks.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

BushiBan #204 Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3555 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Yeah, I was told by Support that my ticket was on hold pending an "Investigation," and that no additional information was available ......

guess it's a good thing that only make believe monies are involved ..... LOL

Edited by BushiBan, 24 February 2017 - 10:14 PM.

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Iahs2k #205 Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 39861 battles
  • [IRH]
I don't respect anybody or any entity that STEALS from me.  Especially since I've given so much money to Wargaming.  Crazy to get screwed this way.  I've supported Wargaming with constant revenue since beginning the game and I get repaid with fraudulence and theft.  GIVE ME BACK MY FEARLESS.  That is the only resolution that is adequate and acceptable to me.  Right now customer service is non-existent.  Wargaming is saying and doing Nothing while its customers sit in limbo.  HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Edited by Iahs2k, 24 February 2017 - 11:00 PM.

CC_Sly #206 Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:17 PM

Community Lead

• Players
  • 3092 battles

Hey guys - 

So a quick update.

TL;DR - Discussion are still going on. I will update you Monday. 

We have been collecting and organizing all the feedback you have been providing and using it as examples to further the current discussions about the IS-6 Fearless. The team is continuing to advocate for other or additional options. Due to the fact we are an international company communication is slowed by time zones.

The decision has yet to be finalized and there is still potential for change. Unfortunately we don't have a timeline for you - but it is looking like it will be picked back up Monday. I will be sure to update you then, even if it is a simple "Still ongoing" message.

I thank you for your patience and understanding.    

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

Gonnsilly #207 Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12699 battles
My ticket response was also under investigation..... whats to investigate? Its pretty straight forward. I still havent recieved the silver credits refund either. WG has gotten my last dime

Gonnsilly #208 Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12699 battles
Thanks for the update Sly

little_brother_of_war #209 Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 18099 battles
  • [FROST]

View PostCC_Sly, on 24 February 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

Hey guys - 

So a quick update.

We have been collecting and organizing all the feedback you have been providing and using it as examples to further the current discussions about the IS-6 Fearless. The team is continuing to advocate for other or additional options. Due to the fact we are an international company communication is slowed by time zones.

The decision has yet to be finalized and there is still potential for change. Unfortunately we don't have a timeline for you - but it is looking like it will be picked back up Monday. I will be sure to update you then, even if it is a simple "Still ongoing" message.

Thanks, Sly! Appreciate your efforts!

Old cowboy saying #1...

”Welp...it’s a mean ol’ world.”

Old cowboy saying #2...

”If it bothers you so much, why talk about it?”

>>>============> anet’sodi’ <============<<<
_lbow_

____Zer0____ #210 Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41764 battles
  • [CRUEL]
 Thank you.   I'm glad you're entertaining other options too.    It's nice to know WG is trying to think outside the box on this one.  

“ Mm sucks just like u r face. Now Go cry on tissue not here.” ~ raj

_Scalphunter_ #211 Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 42930 battles
  • [H0B0S]
Give the guy the benefit of the doubt. There'll be plenty of time for outrage on Monday. With that said I don't expect anything good will come from this. The actions they've taken to date have been ham handed. I don't have much confidence they will treat us right. 

SlowZee #212 Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:37 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14588 battles
  • [WHAMO]

Sly, so why not update is with possible solutions to all this? Could you maybe disclose options on the table now? 

None of us are going to hold you to ideas being discussed internally, but I, along with others would be happy to hear something other than " we are all emailing each other back and forth, so it's gonna be a while"

Spekulatius #213 Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32625 battles
  • [III-S]

Looks like WG does care, or at least Sly does, since he is reading this thread, as I type this, at 7:35Pm EST.

FWIW, it should be on WG to make the players whole  for silver spent on equipment for a tank that they could not keep. WG should have the records to do so, the t may be work, but it is somewhat disingenuous to push this work to the customer, who has to file a ticket and then get the silver back. If it is too much work, just give a blanket Silver check to all customers, to make those whole that did spent funds on equipment, and make those really happy that did not. After all, it all stays here anyways in WG's soapbox, we can't take it anywhere else.

I don't see the case for repossessing the Snowtiger at all,  - yes it is a special tank, but since various unique tank ahve ben sold at the fair or just plain as bundles, who is going to argue?

Community pledge signer

WareJC #214 Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13522 battles

View PostCC_Sly, on 24 February 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

Hey guys - 

So a quick update.

Thank you. Have a good weekend.

"Your lack of effort or your death is not my concern. However lack of effort will lead to your death by their hand or mine."

_Crusader6_ #215 Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:27 AM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69764 battles
  • [BDGER]

Sly, as others said enjoy your weekend. 

Please explain to WG Mother Russia that we have Consumer Protection laws, and of the damage that this has done to the player faith in WG.  They enjoy the NA disposable income cash cow, but they need to follow the rules we have to get our cash. 

WG didn't take back the M60 gifts, but chose to repossess tanks players had bought in good faith, and based on the comments like a thief in the night with no prior communication? 

That isn't just legally wrong, but morally wrong. 

Tank Hoarder: 422 tanks in Garage:  431/431 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Jonny_the_Brit #216 Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14290 battles
  • [-007-]

View PostCC_Sly, on 24 February 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

Hey guys - 

So a quick update.

Thanks Sly. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. Just very disappointing that it takes WG several days and an active discussion to decide whether or not to do the right, and legal, thing :(

DerpytrollerZ #217 Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10428 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View PostSpekulatius, on 25 February 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

Looks like WG does care, or at least Sly does, since he is reading this thread, as I type this, at 7:35Pm EST.

FWIW, it should be on WG to make the players whole  for silver spent on equipment for a tank that they could not keep. WG should have the records to do so, the t may be work, but it is somewhat disingenuous to push this work to the customer, who has to file a ticket and then get the silver back. If it is too much work, just give a blanket Silver check to all customers, to make those whole that did spent funds on equipment, and make those really happy that did not. After all, it all stays here anyways in WG's soapbox, we can't take it anywhere else.

I don't see the case for repossessing the Snowtiger at all,  - yes it is a special tank, but since various unique tank ahve ben sold at the fair or just plain as bundles, who is going to argue?

Yep, the snow tiger sold in 2014, then resold in 2015....

View PostIahs2k, on 25 February 2017 - 04:01 AM, said:

Are you another Wargaming shill?  Fanboy?  It's not personal.....it's about Wargaming returning what was purchased from them and then stolen without consent.  RETURN THE FEARLESS TANKS SLY.  THATS THE ONLY F ING SOLUTION THAT WORKS FOR ME.  THE MORE YOU GUYS DELAY RETURNING THE TANKS THE MORE THIS ISSUE IS GOING TO PISS OFF PEOPLE THAT HAVE SPENT A LOT IN SUPPORT OF THE GAME.

Just chill, it isn't CC_Sly's fault, its Was, if you want to vent, go spam some tickets at customer service. Sly is only the messenger, he isn't the one who created this debacle or had any say in this debacle in the first place.

F*** WG am i right?

Sepp_Ulrich #218 Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43600 battles
  • [21DAK]
I don´t know about the Fearless, cause it was given in an event, but why don't you just put Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8.8 on the store again for a limited time?

Edited by Sepp_Dietrich_7, 25 February 2017 - 07:53 PM.

The Angel of Verdun

little_brother_of_war #219 Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:04 PM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 18099 battles
  • [FROST]

At this point, according to latest update from Sly, it appears no announcements regarding any definitive resolutions and/or other decisions will occur until after they reconvene on Monday. No amount of venting will change that reality in any way.

So, that being said, it may a good idea for us all to take a breather for the next 24 hrs or so, and let the dust settle a bit. Maybe we could use this time collect ourselves and our thoughts for more positive input towards some realistic expectations for resolving this issue from a players perspective. That would include consideration for original owners viewpoints as well.

The worst thing for us to do would be to self-destruct any basic bonds of commonality between ourselves as a player base while dealing with this fairly controversial matter. And no matter how you look at it from any standpoint, original owner or recent purchaser, it is a highly-charged and controversial matter. But also, keep in mind there may come a time when we as the same individual players might actually need to come together on any number of measures or accounts in the future. So why blow each other up so effectively and efficiently today? Save that for all our in-game tussles, ya think?

If there's anything we can collectively agree on from all sides, is that there was definitely a screw up that occurred affecting both groups of customers as actively participating players.

So both groups were (and and are) demanding satisfaction. The only thing yet to be determined at this point is what that final determination towards resolute satisfaction should look like. And that, if I understand Sly's latest update correctly, is what is being discussed internally, within the circles of WG.

Finally, here are some points for consideration, you may or may not agree with, but is something we might want to at least begin to absorb while awaiting further news via response from WG...

1) at least there is a discussion ongoing within the halls of WG to try to resolve this matter, which all sides probably agree, was of their own making, ...this is good

2) they could have just simply said "no", definitively, (to either side of the debate), rightly or wrongly, cutting off all avenues of debate currently underway

3) more than likely, in order for Solomon (figuratively speaking) not to actually split the baby, it may be that neither side, including WG, will be completely happy with a final effort to resolve this

4) this means if may be necessary for each of us to realistically (keyword here) look at our own line-in-the-sand viewpoints, and begin to accept certain realities about what some of the scenarios for resolving this matter might actually look like

5) all parties do not always get 100% of what they necessarily want when negotiating a highly controversial matter, sometimes it goes 50-50, 60-40, etc., etc.  ..but that is the nature of how compromise works in real life, so don't be totally enthusiastic or disappointed, but go into this with eyes-wide-open

6) it's easy to make unbending demands for having ones way, easy to be immovable and uncompromising, never giving an inch, ...but much harder to say what you're willing to give up to reach an agreeable resolution, ...and actually much more problematic in the end, because you only set yourself up for further disappointments

7) maybe begin to determine what each of us as individuals involved in this matter, would be willing to compromise to meet the other half way, which should be seen as an opening, rather than a surrender, because that will probably be where this ends anyway when all is said and done 

8) hope for the best and expect the worst, ...be willing to live in the middle if necessary

I hope this will be taken as food for thought while we await for Monday and a new week to roll around. Not looking to stir anything up here, by any means, just a humble attempt to offer a more positive take on the matter.

Good luck out there, and happy tanking!

peace,

_lbow_

Old cowboy saying #1...

”Welp...it’s a mean ol’ world.”

Old cowboy saying #2...

”If it bothers you so much, why talk about it?”

>>>============> anet’sodi’ <============<<<
_lbow_

tankcrunch #220 Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players