• [CRATE]
lul

Swanky

Forgotten_Fox #342 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:08 PM

Zootopia's Slyest Fox

• Players
  • 34178 battles

View PostDoNotCry, on 28 February 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

Why not? Its just copy and rename. How hard can it be? It's not like it is a new tank with different stats or design. Just the name. And the purpose of the tank will be saved.

Because Blitzstars will not be able to distinguish them unless they are individual tanks. 

Premium Collection Almost Complete: Missing Chieftain and Type 64.

Some call me a Wallet Warrior, Some call me a Hacker... In reality, I'm simply a Fox.

"Never let 'em see that they get to you."

DoNotCry #343 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:12 PM

Sensha-dou Sensei

• Players
  • 45947 battles

View PostJonny_the_Brit, on 28 February 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

Because when it went up for sale some of us thought 'Ah, the Fearless is no longer just an award tank, it's available for sale, and I like tanks with legenary camo, so I'll buy one'.

You're thinking with hindsight, with the knowledge that the Fearless was supposed to STAY an award-only tank. Had it remained on sale we'd be having a completely different conversation.

It is exactly why renaming the actual rewarded tank will solved the whole thing. Also, it can make IS-6F an for-sale tank. It's not like WG haven't do something like this before. Just like the T-34 black, IS-6 black and Pz.58 black from WOT. 

RedBarchetta3 #344 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:17 PM

Verified √

• Players
  • 25578 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostJonny_the_Brit, on 28 February 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

Because when it went up for sale some of us thought 'Ah, the Fearless is no longer just an award tank, it's available for sale, and I like tanks with legenary camo, so I'll buy one'.

You're thinking with hindsight, with the knowledge that the Fearless was supposed to STAY an award-only tank. Had it remained on sale we'd be having a completely different conversation.

No, I knew in foresight this was a tank that was supposed to STAY an award-only tank. Many people well beyond the winners knew this. Most of those who played in CW2, would've known. It was clearly stated this was only available as an award tank.

I strip away the old debris that hides a shining car, a brilliant red barchetta from a better vanished time

My not so helpful WOTB videos are on YouTube

The problem will solve itself with time.

Forgotten_Fox #345 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

Zootopia's Slyest Fox

• Players
  • 34178 battles

View PostDoNotCry, on 28 February 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

It is exactly why renaming the actual rewarded tank will solved the whole thing. Also, it can make IS-6F an for-sale tank. It's not like WG haven't do something like this before. Just like the T-34 black, IS-6 black and Pz.58 black from WOT. 

Now that u mention it, Id like an IS-6 black camo. It would be unique, and I like the HD polish it has on PC

Premium Collection Almost Complete: Missing Chieftain and Type 64.

Some call me a Wallet Warrior, Some call me a Hacker... In reality, I'm simply a Fox.

"Never let 'em see that they get to you."

LtPork #346 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

Why can't I shoot green tanks?

• Players
  • 22862 battles
  • [DFNT]

I'm still wondering about the entire lack of communication with the employees who implemented the gift store. If someone at Wargaming promised that the Fearless wouldn't be put up for sale, shouldn't everyone be notified about it? A mistake of this magnitude could've been avoided if everyone involved with implementing the gift store knew; why is it only after the fiasco has started that they fix it?

And will this lack of communication end? Will we have to expect this sort of mistake every time, where apparent lack of communication divides the playerbase and makes it suffer, when the fault is Wargaming's? 

Because the next time someone says an in-game item is exclusive and will remain an award and not a purchasable product, I'm going to doubt every single word. 

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube....6k28UAEZ7UgGIBg

Proud owner of the IS-6 Fearless

Aphropanda #347 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:25 PM

Tunnels Concep

• Players
  • 36527 battles
  • [RGN]

View Postmike82198, on 28 February 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

You mention all these things, but what is historically much more pertinent - and WG has been making these mistakes for many years over multiple products, platforms and continents - is that the company has a consistent history with how seriously it treats paying customers. I was absolutely amazed when they pulled the tanks. I adamantly told people they'd never do it because WG has always respected purchases - at the expense of game experience if necessary. Why the powers that be act is they do in this regard, whether out of morals or fears of legal action (a much murkier issue than most think), I don't particularly care. 

Sadly, this solution seems consistent with another historical WG habit - disregarding the effort put into the game by the players. On PC they just put a CW reward tank into the tech tree. But hey, at least the winners there have a special camo to set them apart from the 40%ers...

Incorrect. That was their original plan, but they changed it. The one in the tech tree is named differently ( Pz.Kpfw VII) and doesn't get the 150mm gun that the VK 72.01 (K) (The actual reward tank) gets. 

Nek3d #348 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41262 battles
  • [SCAMO]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 28 February 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Yes, I am honestly sorry for the CW2 winners who's tanks got 'devalued' 

Seriously, you'd rather stay silent on that. 

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash. © George Patton

mike82198 #349 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39649 battles
  • [CRATE]

View PostLtPork, on 28 February 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

And will this lack of communication end? Will we have to expect this sort of mistake every time, where apparent lack of communication divides the playerbase and makes it suffer, when the fault is Wargaming's? 

WG regularly makes mistakes of this sort and there's no reason to expect change, since the policy at all levels is to allow errors and then to fix them (notice how many bugs we have in the product itself: broken tanks in every single update). The fixes are usually good. The people who gifted themselves a Fearless end up keeping the tank and 8,000 gold. No suffering there. Free rare tank. Only 80 non-paying people fell between the cracks here, and that's just a little salty drop in the ocean. Sadly you're in it.

View Post_Pandageddon, on 28 February 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Incorrect. That was their original plan, but they changed it. The one in the tech tree is named differently ( Pz.Kpfw VII) and doesn't get the 150mm gun that the VK 72.01 (K) (The actual reward tank) gets. 

Oooo. I wasn't following, thank you. Do you know why they changed it? How many original owners were they screwing?

Edited by mike82198, 28 February 2017 - 08:37 PM.

Nek3d #350 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:43 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41262 battles
  • [SCAMO]

View PostCC_Sly, on 28 February 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

I cannot offer anything to the owners of the IS-6 Fearless who obtained them through Clan Wars in regards to this situation. 

It is a bit funny that those who got Fearless from the store were initially offered 2 days of premium as compensation. Now situation turned 180 degrees and original owners don't get even that, just an apology. Could you elaborate more on why such undoubtedly fair decision was made?

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash. © George Patton

AVCM_AW #351 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52279 battles
  • [RAIDR]

View Postmike82198, on 28 February 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

The opportunity to play the M60 is not a right. You and I were denied nothing - we didn't earn the tank so we did not get it. The feeling that others received it not in accordance to your merit scale is annoying/childishly entitled (depending on viewpoint) but doesn't constitute a broken promise of any sort or a lie on any level. Perhaps you're just not as valuable a customer as you think you are. 

The exclusivity of the Fearless as never-to-be-sold prize tank was guaranteed to the participants prior to the first battle of CW and was reaffirmed since. Somewhat laughably, it has been reaffirmed again in this thread - as if repeated sale of the tank would make any difference at this point. 

Mike, 

I don't know you from left or right, and most likely visa versa. But I have to nod my head in your direction. Much respect towards you for your replies and perspective. Clean, logical, and somewhat disgruntled (understand why), but not emotional. Thank you!

o7

Clan Lead - DD Raiders [RAIDR]

Retired Sailor - Liberty Call, Liberty Call...

(ML-20 mod.1931/37 spewing HE can do a lot for your day)

_HighVoltage #352 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8162 battles

View Postconcep, on 28 February 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

What a mistake. I had a Fearless too but I still think it's dirty to have one especially since a lot of my clan earned them. There were not that many given out and because as you said, Sly, it was a given out based on skill (or rigging). I think whoever purchased it should have known it was not a tank that was normally, if ever, be up for sale. If you didn't, then you're just playing stupid because we all know the Fearless was given out on a special occasion for specific players/clans.

Congrats, you guys just demonetized one of, if not the, rarest tanks in-game. Enjoy your false glory.

I was reading the post without knowing the poster, then I think "this must be Concep" and BOOM! Thank you for being so classic, our beloved leader of the game.

HESHSlingingSplasher #353 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:46 PM

HESHSlingingSplasher

• Players
  • 18917 battles
  • [NRF]
IS-6 Participation Trophy

LtPork #354 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:47 PM

Why can't I shoot green tanks?

• Players
  • 22862 battles
  • [DFNT]

View Postmike82198, on 28 February 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

WG regularly makes mistakes of this sort and there's no reason to expect change, since the policy at all levels is to allow errors and then to fix them (notice how many bugs we have in the product itself: broken tanks in every single update). The fixes are usually good. The people who gifted themselves a Fearless end up keeping the tank and 8,000 gold. No suffering there. Free rare tank. Only 80 non-paying people fell between the cracks here, and that's just a little salty drop in the ocean. Sadly you're in it.

I don't think suffer was an appropriate word choice on my part. I'd say chaos to a certain degree, evident by the numerous Fearless threads people have been posting.

But the mistakes I was referring to don't include the bugs; those are easily fixed with a patch or hotfix. The ones I'm referring to are the M60 and this Fearless: a lack of forewarning about the M60 plunged the forums into a heated state (the thread is still growing everyday) and the lack of notification from employee to employee about the state of the Fearless. Given that these two issues are more prominent and damaging than other issues, why shouldn't I expect change? I doubt Wargaming would benefit if they don't change, as you say I should expect.

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube....6k28UAEZ7UgGIBg

Proud owner of the IS-6 Fearless

_Crusader6_ #355 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70639 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostNek3d, on 28 February 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

It is a bit funny that those who got Fearless from the store were initially offered 2 days of premium as compensation. Now situation turned 180 degrees and original owners don't get even that, just an apology. Could you elaborate more on why such undoubtedly fair decision was made?

Nek3d,

If I where you, I'd talk to the other clans and present something to Sly.  Something that is within his power in NA. 

I'd say around 20,000 Gold each as a starting point. 

You mistook my earlier comment with the quotes around devalued. 

It has been devalued as far as the folks who won it go.  

I personally didn't buy one, as while I have all the other tanks in Blitz offered to NA, I knew what the Fearless stood for. 

Many didn't.   

It was an unfortunate incident caused by WG incompetence.  

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

3145 #356 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:53 PM

Best deputy

• Players
  • 15302 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostNek3d, on 28 February 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

not only do they get 2 days prem they also get a tank they dont deserve and 7600 gold which they complained was worthless to them 

Edited by 3145, 28 February 2017 - 08:53 PM.

little_brother_of_war #357 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:54 PM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 18741 battles
  • [FROST]

View Postwilsonmatkivskiy, on 28 February 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

When will it be returned? Also, what if you bought something with the gold you spent for it, (After getting fearless, and having it taken away, I got the normal is6 because I thought it won't be brought back.. any chance you can exchange my normal one for it back or something?) will the gold get reverted, or the items you bought be deducted from your account?

According to the announcement it will be returned within the next couple of days, at no charge. You will now have both items.

Old cowboy saying...

”Yep...it’s a mean ol’ world.”

Fortune cookie proverb...

”Face facts with dignity.”

Giddy up there, Buckeroo’s!   :B  

Aphropanda #358 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:54 PM

Tunnels Concep

• Players
  • 36527 battles
  • [RGN]

View Postmike82198, on 28 February 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

Oooo. I wasn't following, thank you. Do you know why they changed it? How many original owners were they screwing?

3,000 VK 72.01 (K) owners, I believe. Per server, I think. Unless it was 3k for all the regions. 

Edited by _Pandageddon, 28 February 2017 - 08:55 PM.

NateDawg2k16 #359 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:57 PM

Swedish Mafia Captain

• Players
  • 13585 battles
  • [META]
So no more whining and complaining? Yay!

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have. 

_HighVoltage #360 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8162 battles

View PostNek3d, on 28 February 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

If you "cry about it" much harder like 20 times, I believe WG will compensate you something, because that's exactly what Fearless buyer did. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users