• This topic is locked This topic is locked
459 replies to this topic

Nek3d #361 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:01 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41015 battles
  • [SCAMO]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 28 February 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

I'd say around 20,000 Gold each as a starting point. 

The problem is that any complaints to WG only work as long as some financial transaction is directly involved. I received the tank for exchange of my time and effort playing in CW, so there is exactly 0% chance of leveraging that into any sort of compensation.

PS. Seems like only NA gets the reversal. On Ru Fearless was recalled from those who bought it and that was the final decision on the matter.

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash. © George Patton

Orenz #362 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5927 battles
  • [MAHOU]
@CC_Sly, for those who got it from the Clan Wars, it should have the "#1" or be called "IS-6F Champ" to distinguish it from the regular IS-6 Fearless (that people bought with money/didn't win from CW). This would be able to separate players who just bought it, and those who won it from hard work and dedication. 

BushiBan #363 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3555 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostNek3d, on 28 February 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

The problem is that any complaints to WG only work as long as some financial transaction is directly involved. I received the tank for exchange of my time and effort playing in CW, so there is exactly 0% chance of leveraging that into any sort of compensation.

PS. Seems like only NA gets the reversal. On Ru Fearless was recalled from those who bought it and that was the final decision on the matter.

I would PM Sly and let him know how you feel and any suggestions you have to make it right. I suggested to him a new Award Tank for CW and giving it to all past winners.

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

_HighVoltage #364 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8162 battles

View PostBushiBan, on 28 February 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

I would PM Sly and let him know how you feel and any suggestions you have to make it right. I suggested to him a new Award Tank for CW and giving it to all past winners.

Nope sly already said he can not offer anything, not to mention a tank.

What could be given to the winners much easier is a new camo that changes the displayed name of the tank, pretty much like the new tier X camos. It should be easier than actually changing the name of the tank since it might involve more coding works. 

When you ask something from a company like WG, you need to be practical. 

Edited by _HighVoltage, 28 February 2017 - 09:15 PM.

LAPPELduvide #365 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:16 PM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]
Thanks for screwing over the CW Winners WG. 

Edited by BeGentleWithMeNeechan, 28 February 2017 - 09:21 PM.

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

arandomguy_1 #366 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7186 battles
There goes the rarity on even MORE of the things I own, now I'm afraid to play them without being seen as one of the people who bought them

Professional potato

proud owner of a garage, some carrots and a paper airplane 

Stats: potato tanks: don't want to count premiums: way too many to list

Playing since day one of Blitz 

Psyberius #367 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:18 PM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles

Thank you for the update. And good on WarGaming for owning up to their mistake and rectifying it. Confidence restored. 

P.S. Sig will be updated when Fearless returns

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

mike82198 #368 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39645 battles
  • [CRATE]

View PostLtPork, on 28 February 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

I don't think suffer was an appropriate word choice on my part. I'd say chaos to a certain degree, evident by the numerous Fearless threads people have been posting.

But the mistakes I was referring to don't include the bugs; those are easily fixed with a patch or hotfix. The ones I'm referring to are the M60 and this Fearless: a lack of forewarning about the M60 plunged the forums into a heated state (the thread is still growing everyday) and the lack of notification from employee to employee about the state of the Fearless. Given that these two issues are more prominent and damaging than other issues,why shouldn't I expect change? I doubt Wargaming would benefit if they don't change, as you say I should expect.

TL;DR - Because they're not as prominent and as damaging as you and many here perceive them to be.

1) Mistakes in the game are not all easily fixed. Ke Ni Otsu, Shinobi and IS-3 Defender were never fixed.

2) The way things are done in a company go across all departments if the rule is to do things fast and with minimal staffing. That's how the same type of mistakes recur across products and platforms over sustained periods. WG accepts that it will make mistakes and considers fixing them easier and cheaper than developing products more carefully. They're quite open about it. This means that marketing staff (could be one person who has to deal with three different products; ever notice how some tickets for Blitz are answered with content that's from PC or ships?) do not know that carelessly tapping IS-6 Fearless instead of IS-6 is meaningful and will not tell the two apart visually or substantively. 

3) Compensation for mistakes is usually adequate, bordering on generous, with this current matter not being an exception. 

4) With all due respect, the forums are in a constant heated state because they're populated mostly by schoolchildren and bored adults. Chaos here reflects little beyond the state of mind of those present; it certainly doesn't reflect the state of the game, how most players experience the game or has much influence on the overall running of the game.

I don't wish to disinter the leper corpse here, but the M60 "fiasco" was WG wanting to give a free tier 10 tank to those who have spent a lot of money on this game. There may have been a bug in the code but every person I recognize as a true big spender got one. There's nothing wrong with giving a 40% noob with 800 battles who has bought 30 premium tanks and never grinded past tier 4 a free tier 10 while not giving me one. It's neither game breaking or unfair, and the fact people feel so butthurt and entitled about it is sad. More importantly, precious few outside the 200-300 people on the forums who didn't get one care.

The disappearance of General Chat was a bigger deal to the playerbase. 

For the most part what WG does works. For you this won't work because:

View PostNek3d, on 28 February 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

Edited by mike82198, 28 February 2017 - 09:27 PM.

Nicolas1860 #369 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18409 battles
  • [GRIM]

I think we're going to have to send out several tickets before we buy any new packages that arrive at the store, to make sure WG really is a "serious company," or is making a joke with us, from the subject of the M60 where No satisfaction was given, only a problem ignored, I lost my confidence by this "company" .... it would be nice to treat your players with more respect, after all, we are not only players but customers that pay and that require more seriousness ....

An example of a lack of respect: The Portuguese forum is not moderated, there are several ads and sales topics there that have to be deleted, and they have been there since May last year, there is no moderator to do anything about ...

No matter the language or the country of the player, treat him with respect WG !!! :)

THEGRIMPEEPER #370 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15579 battles
  • [OMARP]

Thank you CCsly

I knew you would get this done.

CptCheez #371 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:43 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View Postmike82198, on 28 February 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

I don't wish to disinter the leper corpse here, but the M60 "fiasco" was WG wanting to give a free tier 10 tank to those who have spent a lot of money on this game. There may have been a bug in the code but every person I recognize as a true big spender got one.

*looks in garage, sees no M60*  Nope, sorry Mike.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

reluctanttheist #372 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:01 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 27722 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostNek3d, on 28 February 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

And why is that, you may ask?  Because WG would have been taken to the cleaners by US state law.  In RU companies and operate with near impunity...

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

iRaikkonen #373 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32112 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostCC_Sly, on 28 February 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

I cannot offer anything to the owners of the IS-6 Fearless who obtained them through Clan Wars in regards to this situation. 

What about giving us the IS-5 as a substitute? Considering you've already devalued the Fearless what's the point of owning it? I played against people who I beat in clan wars, driving their own fearless. You've ruined it entirely and everything that it stood for. You honestly might as well just openly sell it now that hundreds of random people have one. What a disgrace. I know this doesn't happen in World of Tanks PC

Edited by iRaikkonen, 28 February 2017 - 10:07 PM.

RageKicker #374 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:05 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6634 battles
Was the Fearless offered for sale in the gift shop across all the servers?

Cake is life.

TallGuySix8 #375 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30558 battles
  • [PRAMO]
What iRaikkonen said! ^^^^^^^^^^

Njourour #376 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 825 battles
  • [ROKN]

With all of the feedback that we have received regarding the IS-6 Fearless & the Jagdtiger 8.8 Snowstorm being removed from the Gift Store and players accounts, a decision has been made to return the tank(s) to the accounts to the players that have previously received or purchased them!

The tanks will be returned to the recipient accounts starting on 03/01/17.

If you did not receive the tank(s) that were removed from your account, please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

:honoring:

photo-236830-556d98fd.gif?_r=1433245952  wot30.png       photo-236830-556d98fd.gif?_r=1433245952

Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories .

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, 

signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed ✌.

iRaikkonen #377 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32112 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostNjourour, on 28 February 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

With all of the feedback that we have received regarding the IS-6 Fearless & the Jagdtiger 8.8 Snowstorm being removed from the Gift Store and players accounts, a decision has been made to return the tank(s) to the accounts to the players that have previously received or purchased them!

If you did not receive the tank(s) that were removed from your account, please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

are you going to start giving our participation awards for tournaments now too? I don't think it's fair that only the winners and people that advance past the first round get prizes...

mike82198 #378 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39645 battles
  • [CRATE]

View PostNjourour, on 28 February 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

LtPork,

See what I meant about process? Look at our hero here with the latest and exciting news. Expect more of the same. 

View PostCptCheez, on 28 February 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

*looks in garage, sees no M60*  Nope, sorry Mike.

A couple dozen premiums don't make me (or WG) recognize you as a big spender. Start regularly free xp'ing whole lines and maybe in 2019 your long dormant account will get a free A7 Rancid (IS7 hull with A20 gun at tier 7 with vomit camo). 

Nek3d #379 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41015 battles
  • [SCAMO]

View PostNjourour, on 28 February 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

I got my unique CW rewards tank removed from my account and replaced with the one that anyone could buy in the gift shop. Please help :P

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash. © George Patton

habs71 #380 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26760 battles
I'm just gonna sell the half baked Pos 

Edited by habs71, 28 February 2017 - 10:19 PM.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users