IS-6 Fearless and Snowstorm Jagdtiger 8,8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
459 replies to this topic

Aphropanda #61 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

Tunnels Concep

• Players
  • 36460 battles
  • [RGN]

Using common sense here; technically, WG didn't rob anyone or cheat anyone out of anything. You purchased GOLD BUNDLE to buy something using in-game currency (what you bought). I don't think a "lawsuit" or whatever some have mentioned, is going anywhere, simply because, you got what YOU paid for. You PAID real $$$ for GOLD, which you then used as in-game currency to purchase a tank. Wargaming gave you your GOLD back (which you purchased with real money) and took the tank away and kept their promise that "Fearless won't be sold.". Doesn't seem like a problem to me, and I understand people are upset they don't get to keep their shiny IS-6 Fearless, but I don't think WG robbed you in any way, to be honest. Also, in the EULA (something you accepted when you made your account, meaning you said "Yeah, I'm down") It pretty much implies that WG can do anything they want, when they want and how they want. 

Now, go and use that gold you have left on those sweet new Tier X Camos WG released or free xp up the line a little with the new French tanks! (No seriously, E5 camo and IS-7 camo are awesome!)

I feel bad for Sly having to deal with this mess, not even his fault. :(

r4zrbl4de #62 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:30 PM

Camo Fetish

• Players
  • 14304 battles
  • [ATLS]
If we submit a ticket to get credits back from stuff equipped on the Fearless, will it use an exception?

Aphropanda #63 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:33 PM

Tunnels Concep

• Players
  • 36460 battles
  • [RGN]

View Postr4zrbl4de, on 22 February 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

If we submit a ticket to get credits back from stuff equipped on the Fearless, will it use an exception?

It shouldn't, if anything you can always ask Sly for help. 

THEGRIMPEEPER #64 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15579 battles
  • [OMARP]

I appreciate your attention on this matter Cc_sly.

It is possible you could make everyone happy and keep all the gold that was spent for the IS6F in WG's pockets.

Think outside the box, get creative. It's time to earn your pay and play the Savior!

For one how about you rename it IS6FB the B stands for bought. I and many others would be fine with that.

That way it would differentiate between those won and those purchased legitimately I might add.

You could also gift a M60 to the original IS6F owners that earned one for playing in CW.

I will chill and hang out for a day or two to see what you can come up with.

Otherwise I will do what I can to get my money back, and I honestly can't really see myself spending any more, and possibly calling it quits.

realRichard #65 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:37 PM

Everyday is T30 Tuesdays

• Players
  • 25226 battles

I was wondering what would be this patch's mess-up. 

Gg Wargaming. 

My Stats (TLDR: scrub) & YouTube 

fever872 #66 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:41 PM

More cowbell

• Players
  • 29655 battles
  • [SLC]

View PostFoo4Boo, on 22 February 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

It is possible you could make everyone happy and keep all the gold that was spent for the IS6F in WG's pockets.

Think outside the box, get creative. It's time to earn your pay and play the Savior!

For one how about you rename it IS6FB the B stands for bought. I and many others would be fine with that.

That way it would differentiate between those won and those purchased legitimately I might add.

You could also gift a M60 to the original IS6F owners that earned one for playing in CW.

Otherwise I will do what I can to get my money back, and I honestly can't really see myself spending any more, and possibly calling it quits.

I don't need 2 m60's lol

fever872 #67 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:42 PM

More cowbell

• Players
  • 29655 battles
  • [SLC]
What is the "exception" everyone is speaking of?

mehliveat #68 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 300 battles

View PostFoo4Boo, on 23 February 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Yeah, I think some creativity is needed.  Earlier I suggested giving free tanks (IS6 was the original suggestion but thats probably excessive).  But if they gave away a rare premium, maybe the T1E6 or Pz38H 735 or something like it.  People buying the Fearless are most likily to be collectors, so give them something to collect.

G0ClimbAR0ck #69 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:45 PM

Snoopy's Sopwith Camel

• Players
  • 67982 battles
  • [WEAK]
Sometimes, I remember back to simpler times. Such as games like Monopoly. Anyone remember that game? Bank error in your favor, collect $200.

Sometimes real life is better than games too. Most good businesses have the motto of: the customer is always right. For some companies, they realize the importance of keeping their customers happy, because then the customer will keep coming back and bring friends along with.

Clearly not the case we're dealing with here. WG made an error. Not the customers fault. A product was sold. It doesn't matter if the product was bought with real money or in game currency. Fact is, a product was advertised, people spent money to acquire the required items to purchase the product. A financial transaction occurred. WG realized they made a mistake, or maybe it was intentional. Who really knows. They had a video of the gift store out before 3.6 dropped where it was clear as day the IS6F was in the gift store. Then WG pulls the Fearless from the store and repossesses it from those who bought it without any consent. That's bad policy. Screams bait and switch to me.

What happened with the M60 debacle was bad policy. WG is not a good company; it does not value their customers. And yet, this still surprises people.

Aphropanda #70 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:45 PM

Tunnels Concep

• Players
  • 36460 battles
  • [RGN]
I mean, if we are talking about compensation for those who bought the IS-6F, I wouldn't mind a M60. (: (Considering the M60 was given randomly by mistake; shouldn't be a problem, right?) 

THEGRIMPEEPER #71 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15579 battles
  • [OMARP]

View Postfever872, on 22 February 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

I don't need 2 m60's lol

well how about a KV220 then???

fever872 #72 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:07 PM

More cowbell

• Players
  • 29655 battles
  • [SLC]

View PostFoo4Boo, on 22 February 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

well how about a KV220 then???

Oooo

CC_Sly #73 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

Community Lead

• Players
  • 3092 battles

View Postr4zrbl4de, on 22 February 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

It will not use an exception - if they say it will - let me know and I will take care of it.

View PostFoo4Boo, on 22 February 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

The naming idea is not a bad one. Unfortunately it would require another binary update and increase in file size in order to add in another 3D model and texture just to change a name. Which would require us to submit it for all of the Apple and Google QA processes, etc , etc - it would be weeks before we would see anything.

I'll bring up your other suggestions as well.

There have been many good suggestions in this thread - but I remind you to please keep it on topic and I will continue to gather and relay feedback and possible options. If anything additional changes or is done I will update the Original Post.

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

AOT_Jaeger2 #74 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:19 PM

Dazed and Confused

• Players
  • 17830 battles
  • [ASLAN]

View PostCC_Sly, on 22 February 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

It will not use an exception - if they say it will - let me know and I will take care of it.

The naming idea is not a bad one. Unfortunately it would require another binary update and increase in file size in order to add in another 3D model and texture just to change a name. Which would require us to submit it for all of the Apple and Google QA processes, etc , etc - it would be weeks before we would see anything.

I'll bring up your other suggestions as well.

There have been many good suggestions in this thread - but I remind you to please keep it on topic and I will continue to gather and relay feedback and possible options. If anything additional changes or is done I will update the Original Post.

Would it be possible to simply add a new premium camo available only to those who bought the tank? I.e, give those who purchased an IS-6 Fearless an IS-6, but they will have access to a new unique camo as compensation?

Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

Youtuber? I guess?

RAZOR0133 #75 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16504 battles
So this all comes down to that this tank is supposed to be a reward only tank and not to be purchased?  Offer a choice of some past premiums like the FCM (since the new armor is pretty nice) and a couple other odd ones to those that had their stuff repossessed. I realize it will be some work but we didn't make the mistake. 

Aphropanda #76 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:31 PM

Tunnels Concep

• Players
  • 36460 battles
  • [RGN]

Since people who bought the IS-6 Fearless are most likely collectors; give them a choice of some other rare tank as compensation? 

Tanks like: Ke Ni Otsu, Victory, Fury, and M60? Trying to think of other tanks that are semi-rare or that people would really want. 

BrickSniper33 #77 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8423 battles

While I don't have a one sided opinion on the IS-6F I do have an idea about the Jagdtiger 8,8 snowstorm.

my idea is this, what if WG sells a new special camo version of the Jagdtiger 8,8, instead of a winter "Snowstorm" version make a new "Jagdtiger 8,8 SpringFire" (or something like that) version for, well, spring time like how the Snowstorm was sold during 2015 winter, and when this new Jagdtiger 8,8 is realesed everyone who was gifted a Jagdtiger 8,8 Snowstorm will get the SpringFire version.

Edited by BrickSniper33, 22 February 2017 - 10:35 PM.

my stats: (http://www.blitzstar...ru/legoeinstein) I never said they where good.

Current Garage: Type 62, Type 59, KV-2, BT-7, luchs, leopard VK 16.02, Ru 251,Tiger II, AC 1 sentinel, AC IV sentinel, BT-SV, AT-15A, Pz. IV S, M4A3E8 Fury, Strv 74A2, Cromwell Berlin, KV-5, IS-3D, FCM 50 t, BT-7 arty, Pz. II J, Pz. S35, Pz. B2, A-32, Luchs, SU-122-44, T6 Dracula, E25, Ram II, Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai Shinobi, Tetrarch, T14, SU-76I, TOG II, WZ-112, WZ-135G FT, Self Propelled 17pdr Valentine Mk I Archer aka Angry Conner. Grosstraktor-Krupp, Blitzs' resident Dr. Who, Lego loving anime hater (    WoT/blitz/WS/WPs' #1 anime hater and proud of it!)

11th best AC 4 Sentinel driver on Ru

How can you tell if someone has morals and/or a conscience? Just ask one question, Do they own a Pz II J? (Guilty as charged)

CC_Sly #78 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:39 PM

Community Lead

• Players
  • 3092 battles

View PostAOT_Jaeger2, on 22 February 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

Would it be possible to simply add a new premium camo available only to those who bought the tank? I.e, give those who purchased an IS-6 Fearless an IS-6, but they will have access to a new unique camo as compensation?

Same issue as the new name - to add it it would have to go through all the processes and it would be a few weeks before anything would be seen. By that time it would just be rolled into the 3.7 update if anything happened like that.

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

AOT_Jaeger2 #79 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:45 PM

Dazed and Confused

• Players
  • 17830 battles
  • [ASLAN]

View PostCC_Sly, on 22 February 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

Same issue as the new name - to add it it would have to go through all the processes and it would be a few weeks before anything would be seen. By that time it would just be rolled into the 3.7 update if anything happened like that.

Hm. Give the players who purchased the tanks the normal version (IS-6) and refund the gold spent? You gents are kind of in a rough spot over there... Not really much you can do to soothe the situation at this point. People will be angry, simple as that.

Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

Youtuber? I guess?

Putins_Chariot #80 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:47 PM

Admiral Kitty

• Players
  • 22247 battles

@cc_sly hope you read this tomorrow!

First off, I would just like to bring up the fact that you are [considering] wiping fearless stats from players records since you took it back, but yet the mk1 still remains? Yes it is an event, but it is also a un-alterable stat in my record and that is fustrating to me. 

Anyhow

imo, people should have known. MORE than blatently obvious it was a mistake, even if I did get hyped up. Going to apple to get refunds is far too much, so I would propose a refund OF THE PLAYERS CHOICE (gold, 35:1 gold value in free xp, boatloads of boosters, tank(s) etc). If they are gonna drop 25 bucks on a new feature, this isnt their first rodeo, and the money will most likely not be missed. If they still throw a fit, then maybe offer refunds. Even if you do lose out a few, it was a mistake...

Or give them a cdc

I mean, it clearly states in eula you can do basically whatever you want, and you more than compensated them. So as I always say, get a straw

Spoiler

Also, if you take one thing from this;

if you do the rename thing or substitute a new tank, please put it back in shop and/or sell it. Many people were downloading and/or sleeping. Its not like its the kenny too, just a normal is6. Now am (still) 2 tanks away from having every tank :))))

Edited by _1204_, 22 February 2017 - 10:49 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users