equipment loadouts for the French heavies?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

RogueGen #1 Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23346 battles
  • [PROWE]
Since I've just gotten the ARL 44 I've been trying to decide what equipment to rig it with. Currently I'm using the obvious gun rammer and gun laying drive, but wondered if a spall liner would be a better option to vents? There are a lot of derp guns at this tier and the ARL is a big target with thin sides and a long aiming time. So would it be worth using a spall liner instead of vents on this tank or in general the remainder of the line since they all have such thin side armor?

Gitgudm9 #2 Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15399 battles
  • [MAHOU]
I'd just stick with vents or optics. Spall liner isn't all that necessary, because KV-2s and other high-caliber HE shells will still demolish you if they pen. 

"Anime girls were made to be lewded." - Klaus_Klavier

doonglerules #3 Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20630 battles
  • [FOE]

Spall liner only helps if the HE shell doesnt pen and if they know HE wont pen, they prolly wont be firing it at you.

Unless its a KV-2, but you can just sidestep the shells coz they're so slow.

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #4 Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 62125 battles
  • [RNG_Y]

View PostRogueGen, on 25 February 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

Since I've just gotten the ARL 44 I've been trying to decide what equipment to rig it with. Currently I'm using the obvious gun rammer and gun laying drive, but wondered if a spall liner would be a better option to vents? There are a lot of derp guns at this tier and the ARL is a big target with thin sides and a long aiming time. So would it be worth using a spall liner instead of vents on this tank or in general the remainder of the line since they all have such thin side armor?

dont use a spall liner. there are only a handful of tanks that have enough useable armour and enough derpy enemies for it to be justified. 

as stated before, it only helps if the he shell doesnt penetrate. 

also, gun laying drive wont kick in until you stop your tracks, and keep them stopped. dont recommend that one for a lot of tanks either. 

vents rammer optics works well enough on my arl. 

#2 TOG pilot (na) (retired)

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.

RogueGen #5 Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23346 battles
  • [PROWE]

Thanks for the info and opinions everyone didn't know that spall liner only worked if the shells didn't pen. So vents it is.

View PostTengenToppaPotatoLagann, on 25 February 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

also, gun laying drive wont kick in until you stop your tracks, and keep them stopped. dont recommend that one for a lot of tanks either. 

vents rammer optics works well enough on my arl. 

Dont normally run optics on my heavies but I'll try it when I get a gun with less dispersion. Using GLD right now because the aiming time on the stock gun was so bad if the V-stab had been available for the ARL I'd have used it instead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users