Mines Map; Rushing to the hill to get wrecked. Can we just stop?

Mines Map

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

mikicab #1 Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34504 battles
  • [MOMGA]
Mines Map: Can we just all agree rushing to the hill to get into the center is no longer a good idea if it ever was a good idea. I have stopped doing it but teamates keep rushing up there, along with reds, and as soon at they crest the hill and turn at the Rock every gun opens up on them. If you do manage to get up into the center of mines your a duck in a shooting gallery by TD's on either side. Since they flattened Mines out there is no real good reason to run to the center.  I am finding my best luck hanging back and shooting at tanks cresting the hill. Shooting at reds in the center from behind the hard cover on either side. If I have a gun with good depression going to the hill and shooting over it while keeping out of site of TD's from the other side.

batteriesincluded #2 Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17521 battles
While the hill sucks, many noobs still rush up, which means I can go next to the rock and not up the hill and score some free spots and damage.

MajorHarkonnen #3 Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7901 battles
  • [1S0B]

I am pretty sure they changed Mines in order to discourage going hill and open up the rest of the map for play.  However, going to the hill is still a strong tactic, as taking it can give you control over much of the map.  True, it is now easier to get deleted by snipers while on the hill, but the play style for the map is generally the same as it was before the update.  

Sometimes going to the town/cap area can work, especially if you're slower than the other team or have a good platoon mate that can help you focus fire.  However, to me anyway, there is still good reason most everyone goes hill on Mines.

Edited by MajorHarkonnen, 04 March 2017 - 05:58 PM.

sjhbrown09 #4 Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15952 battles
  • [IRD]
going to hill is the meta, its the same on console and pc

Silevern #5 Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:59 PM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17628 battles

Unfortunately the hill is still one of the best strategic locations in the map. It still has good coverage over both enemy spawns, has shots towards the cap region, and has a few firing angles towards the river hill. It's risky to push for the hill, but if successful will usually increase odds of winning the battle.

I used to rush hill all the time, and I still do if I'm confident the enemy can't contest me (i.e. I'm using a Leopard 1 or an LTTB) but if I'm in a heavy or medium I always go for the base of the hill. Great location for trading shots and punishing overzealous reds who want to grab hill without considering the consequences

_chasey #6 Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:02 PM

Unicum in training

• Players
  • 19370 battles
Now the best thing to do is post up at the bottom of the hill and get free shots.

WarHammer701 #7 Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11315 battles

View Postbatteriesincluded, on 04 March 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

While the hill sucks, many noobs still rush up, which means I can go next to the rock and not up the hill and score some free spots and damage.

Are you kidding me? the ones always yelling to rush hill are guys with 10,000+ battles under their belt. About a week ago there was a post on here from someone that said GO HILL! GO HILL! GO HILL! Remember this post. It's not noobs saying it at all. I'm glad someone else thinks going hill is absolutely dumb. People complain about maps being boring and that we need new maps. If players would venture somewhere else on the maps other than the damn hill all the time maybe the maps wouldn't be so boring for them?
1011700835.png

MajorHarkonnen #8 Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7901 battles
  • [1S0B]

View PostJaggedPanda, on 04 March 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

Are you kidding me? the ones always yelling to rush hill are guys with 10,000+ battles under their belt. About a week ago there was a post on here from someone that said GO HILL! GO HILL! GO HILL! Remember this post. It's not noobs saying it at all. I'm glad someone else thinks going hill is absolutely dumb. People complain about maps being boring and that we need new maps. If players would venture somewhere else on the maps other than the damn hill all the time maybe the maps wouldn't be so boring for them?

Like it or not, Blitz always has been and always will be a battle for hills.  The vets know this

Squish_Cat #9 Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14149 battles
  • [WALL1]

Well, this was the alternate tactic that one of my recent teams elected to use....   oddly enough ended up winning.   Lots of confusion in the process.   I think the reds were laughing too hard to shoot back.

NinjasInPajamas #10 Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5126 battles

Lol Now I see who is yelling don't go hill and flank around town. :facepalm::facepalm:

Hill is very effective and it has access to most places in the map. However, don't overcommit.

.

Credits: SweatyFalcon

"There are two types of problems, math problem, and real-life ones. A calculator will solve most of the first. The rest can be solved with a tank."

THEGRIMPEEPER #11 Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15579 battles
  • [OMARP]

Should you rush hill or not?????

Take the 5 seconds and look at the tank on reds vs tanks on your team.

If your the only obj140 fak going to the hill.

If you have 3 fast tanks to reds one OBJ140

GO HILL GO HILL

j0nn0 #12 Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19810 battles
  • [XREGS]
lol. I go hill to camp the mouth of it. Everybody charges and whoever pops over the lip gets shot.

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.

Squish_Cat #13 Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14149 battles
  • [WALL1]

Sorry about previous post.  Couldn't get pic to load.  Imagine the whole group (except myself, I had to step back and take the pic), on the little sniper hill near town...  trying to hide behind one shrub....   yeah....

Steeby141 #14 Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45368 battles
  • [STEEB]

Finally someone said it! 

View PostSilevern, on 04 March 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

Unfortunately the hill is still one of the best strategic locations in the map. It still has good coverage over both enemy spawns, has shots towards the cap region, and has a few firing angles towards the river hill. It's risky to push for the hill, but if successful will usually increase odds of winning the battle.

The coverage is limited to a tiny bit of space near the entrance of the hill. You will be shot by spawn camping TDs if you go any further. There's also a giant rock blocking the cap circle along with multiple buildings near cap. You only have a few small firing lanes to cap from hill, assuming enemies are dumb enough to not hide behind the buildings. The majority of river hills are blocked except for the ones near spawn, which often times are too far to be spotted. 

Believe it or not... rushing hill in the beginning of the battle is suicide. I only ever rush hill if I am in an extremely fast tank and there's no lights/meds/fast heavy on enemy team that could possibly tear me apart. However, hill is an advantage in late games when enemies are scattered across the map. 

View PostJaggedPanda, on 04 March 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

​I think you are referring to my guide on Middleburg a few months ago. Yes, Middleburg... not Mines. 

Gitgudm9 #15 Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15399 battles
  • [MAHOU]
I often like to move up to the opening and wait for people to drive across. I've found the T29 to be very potent when using this strategy. I'll rush hill if the tank I'm driving and the team compositions allow it.

"Anime girls were made to be lewded." - Klaus_Klavier

Destroy0 #16 Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:59 PM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 23282 battles
  • [FRS17]
I like parking my is7 at the rock and shooting the mediums that go hill.

unclerojelio #17 Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27802 battles
  • [MOMGA]
What ever bro. I will wreck you from the hill no matter where you are hiding.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #18 Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16503 battles
  • [HATED]
I used to always go hill, but now I've started going to the little island on the side opposite the cap circle. If you're in a tank like the SP1C, you can put in some decent damage for your team.

ChitFromChinola #19 Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62620 battles
  • [-1]

View Postfullestnoob, on 04 March 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

Finally someone said it! 

The coverage is limited to a tiny bit of space near the entrance of the hill. You will be shot by spawn camping TDs if you go any further. There's also a giant rock blocking the cap circle along with multiple buildings near cap. You only have a few small firing lanes to cap from hill, assuming enemies are dumb enough to not hide behind the buildings. The majority of river hills are blocked except for the ones near spawn, which often times are too far to be spotted. 

Believe it or not... rushing hill in the beginning of the battle is suicide. I only ever rush hill if I am in an extremely fast tank and there's no lights/meds/fast heavy on enemy team that could possibly tear me apart. However, hill is an advantage in late games when enemies are scattered across the map. 

​I think you are referring to my guide on Middleburg a few months ago. Yes, Middleburg... not Mines. 

Dude, this video shows a well-played game, but it doesn't exactly support your point. I lost count of how many side-turret shots you got because your guy won the hill. Almost every red tank had their turrets turned hill trying to shoot your guy, so you had easy side turret shots with the added benefit of most guns pointing hill instead of you. What kind of shots would you have had if your guy didn't take the hill? What this video really showed was the benefit of taking the hill. Your team did a better job of stopping their single tank hill attempt, so your guy won the hill -- and your team won the game.

I've seen a lot of alternative non-hill strategies on that map that have worked, but the hill is still the meta.

DerpytrollerZ #20 Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10428 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View PostChitFromChinola, on 04 March 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Dude, this video shows a well-played game, but it doesn't exactly support your point. I lost count of how many side-turret shots you got because your guy won the hill. Almost every red tank had their turrets turned hill trying to shoot your guy, so you had easy side turret shots with the added benefit of most guns pointing hill instead of you. What kind of shots would you have had if your guy didn't take the hill? What this video really showed was the benefit of taking the hill. Your team did a better job of stopping their single tank hill attempt, so your guy won the hill -- and your team won the game.

I've seen a lot of alternative non-hill strategies on that map that have worked, but the hill is still the meta.

Yep, and that 140 also got 2nd top damage with over 3k

F*** WG am i right?

Also tagged with Mines Map

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users