Mines Map; Rushing to the hill to get wrecked. Can we just stop?

Mines Map

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Leadf00t #21 Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8522 battles

I could not disagree more with the OP nor the video.

The hill is the key to that map.

Of course you should not yolo and die, but you have to risk getting hit to get the hill.

Steeby141 #22 Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45368 battles
  • [STEEB]

View PostChitFromChinola, on 04 March 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

Dude, this video shows a well-played game, but it doesn't exactly support your point. I lost count of how many side-turret shots you got because your guy won the hill. Almost every red tank had their turrets turned hill trying to shoot your guy, so you had easy side turret shots with the added benefit of most guns pointing hill instead of you. What kind of shots would you have had if your guy didn't take the hill? What this video really showed was the benefit of taking the hill. Your team did a better job of stopping their single tank hill attempt, so your guy won the hill -- and your team won the game.

I've seen a lot of alternative non-hill strategies on that map that have worked, but the hill is still the meta.

View PostDerpytrollerZ, on 04 March 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

Yep, and that 140 also got 2nd top damage with over 3k

View PostLeadf00t, on 04 March 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

I could not disagree more with the OP nor the video.

The hill is the key to that map.

Of course you should not yolo and die, but you have to risk getting hit to get the hill.

The enemy 140 that went hill would be useless whether he was dead or not. He would have lost 2/3 of his hitpoints taking the hill and spent the rest of the match hiding on the hill. 

"He could shoot you from hill" 

Surprise!! We had multiple guns pointing at him, too. He wouldn't be able to hit us without coming out sideways and if he does come out of cover...RIP. 

"That 140 got over 3K dmg"

He wouldn't have gotten 3K dmg if our team didn't distract the enemies and stop them from rushing hill. 

"Of course you should not yolo and die, but you have to risk getting hit to get the hill. "

Do you know how many times I have seen my teammates die in first 20 seconds of the game trying to get the damn hill? Imagine what they could have done to help if they didn't yolo hill. On a side note, your statement contradicts itself. You shouldn't yolo, but you have to risk? Risk getting hit by spawn camping TDs and multiple guns on enemy team waiting for you while you give them your flat juicy paper side armor? If that's not yolo, I don't know what is.

No offense, but all three of you have a total of 2000 battles in tier 10 with not much success. What do you know about tier 10 gameplay meta? If you want to yolo hill and die, be my guest. But please don't encourage people to do the same thing. 

Edited by fullestnoob, 04 March 2017 - 08:55 PM.

DerpytrollerZ #23 Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10418 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View Postfullestnoob, on 04 March 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

The enemy 140 that went hill would be useless whether he was dead or not. He would have lost 2/3 of his hitpoints taking the hill and spent the rest of the match hiding on the hill. 

Surprise!! We had multiple guns pointing at him, too. He wouldn't be able to hit us without coming out sideways and if he does come out of cover...RIP. 

He wouldn't have gotten 3K dmg if our team didn't distract the enemies and stop them from rushing hill. 

"Of course you should not yolo and die, but you have to risk getting hit to get the hill. "

Do you know how many times I have seen my teammates die in first 20 seconds of the game trying to get the damn hill? Imagine what they could have done to help if they didn't yolo hill. On a side note, your statement contradicts itself. You shouldn't yolo, but you have to risk? Risk getting hit by spawn camping TDs and multiple guns on enemy team waiting for you while you give them your flat juicy paper side armor? If that's not yolo, I don't know what is.

No offense, but all three of you have a total of 2000 battles in tier 10 with not much success. What do you know about tier 10 gameplay meta? If you want to yolo hill and die, be my guest. But please don't encourage people to do the same thing. 

When did we say tier 10? We're just saying that hill is probably still the most viable strat. I'm not encouraging Yoloing, but find a small gap where most of the enemy team already fired their shots to rush up there. Doesn't matter if you take 1 or 2 shots, it will give you an advantage that you could use to win the game.

F*** WG am i right?

batteriesincluded #24 Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17521 battles

View PostJaggedPanda, on 04 March 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Are you kidding me? the ones always yelling to rush hill are guys with 10,000+ battles under their belt. About a week ago there was a post on here from someone that said GO HILL! GO HILL! GO HILL! Remember this post. It's not noobs saying it at all. I'm glad someone else thinks going hill is absolutely dumb. People complain about maps being boring and that we need new maps. If players would venture somewhere else on the maps other than the damn hill all the time maybe the maps wouldn't be so boring for them?

Whatever you call them...I call them free damage.

Steeby141 #25 Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:23 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45368 battles
  • [STEEB]

View PostDerpytrollerZ, on 04 March 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

When did we say tier 10? We're just saying that hill is probably still the most viable strat. I'm not encouraging Yoloing, but find a small gap where most of the enemy team already fired their shots to rush up there. Doesn't matter if you take 1 or 2 shots, it will give you an advantage that you could use to win the game.

​"1 or 2 shots"

I think you mean losing 2/3 of your HP. 

Enzo_Gorlami #26 Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38234 battles
  • [BELLS]

View Postmikicab, on 04 March 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

Mines Map: Can we just all agree rushing to the hill to get into the center is no longer a good idea if it ever was a good idea. I have stopped doing it but teamates keep rushing up there, along with reds, and as soon at they crest the hill and turn at the Rock every gun opens up on them. If you do manage to get up into the center of mines your a duck in a shooting gallery by TD's on either side. Since they flattened Mines out there is no real good reason to run to the center.  I am finding my best luck hanging back and shooting at tanks cresting the hill. Shooting at reds in the center from behind the hard cover on either side. If I have a gun with good depression going to the hill and shooting over it while keeping out of site of TD's from the other side.

lol I was thinking that this map should be called Hache Viande... The Meat Grinder. 

On occasion I try to convince all 6 tanks to rush the hill with me at once and start a brawl. It worked once;.. we won, and I dieded, pinned against a rock by a dead tank, unable to move out, and it took a while before a brawler noticed my tank and administered a coup de grace.

Edited by Enzo_Gorlami, 04 March 2017 - 11:30 PM.

Leadf00t #27 Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8522 battles

View Postfullestnoob, on 04 March 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

What really happened in that video is your team didn't use its medium advantage, and the lead Obj, who was doing the right thing, got to hung out to dry when at least one more didn't follow.  You also hung him out to dry when you didn't get a 2nd shot into the one that followed when he went up the hill.  Still you trade 1100 HP for 600 -- almost 2:1 after 20 seconds. But the real mistake was your other two mediums do nothing.  The leo and 2nd Obj are MIA early.   One of your medium camps left corner, your TD is staring at an empty flag, and the other doesn't get a shot into anything early in the round.  To their credit, the two mediums did push windmill later in the round, further completing the pincer the hill advance anchored.

Still, the charging Obj survived and you took the hill and were up 1-0 after the initial rush.  Your team also holds high ground. 

To say that was a mistake is a head scratcher to me.

You even get all those shots in at the tanks looking at him on the top of the hill.  Hell, about half your damage was because of him.  Really, you should be thanking him.  He doesn't die for almost two and a half minutes, after the round is already in hand with a 6-3 advantage.

I do agree with you that the M48 shouldn't be the one leading the charge -- it's better hull down now than ever before and has the gun depression to shoot over the rise.  I also agree with your initial position -- that rock is about the best place for the M48 (or M60) given today's tanks.

But your charging Obj won the round for you, and he could have avoided much of that damage had the other Obj or the Leo had followed at least part way to support the advance, or had you gotten in a second shot (or even tracked him).

Given I'm at 55% after 900, if I'm 61% after 12k battles in Tier X, I will uninstall the game.  No offense.

Still it's a nice video, most of which I agree with.  We just disagree on the winning meta for this particular round.  Take care...Leadfoot

Edited by Leadf00t, 05 March 2017 - 01:18 AM.

_Crusader6_ #28 Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:44 AM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68644 battles
  • [DEF]

One key point is that one doesn't need to go on the hill to control it and deny it to reds.  

Hull down behind the rocks or tucked in to the side of the hill will allow you to track and focus tanks going on the hill.  

More often than not these days putting tanks on the actual hill will just leave them

isolated.   One can fit and if it has gun depression can be very effective, but many tanks will stick out for reds TD's and a hidden Grille or 183 can reduce you to nothing fast. 

Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

jkwon126 #29 Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44254 battles
  • [HUCK]
Value of hill depends on the gun depression of your speedy tanks...

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

What was that?  Can't hear you over my freedom of speech -Blartch

Do not hold the symbol in higher regard than the freedom it represents. -DaBombV

shooter018 #30 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:19 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18954 battles
Get off my hill!

_LXX #31 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2389 battles

I'm more upset about the players that call hill, then get beat to hill by a red, so they either stop or back up, causing a traffic jam of tanks behind them. Like it when the reds do it, not so fun when it's greens.

And this happens, more often than not it seems, from the south spawn

milesonaught #32 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:29 AM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 20444 battles
  • [III-R]

It's a misunderstanding of the new sorts. Rushing hill is a viable meta. Cresting the hill is for morons. 

HILL call on mines is to cover the entrance and kill two tanks in the gap. 

HILL on Copper means hull down and spot the flat.

HILL call on Middleberg means HILL and HOLD

HILL never means YOLO

I don't go town and I won't go down so WarGaming is just ******* with me when they built a town on a hill.

BLACK is the new PURPLE

milesonaught #33 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:30 AM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 20444 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post_LXX, on 04 March 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

I'm more upset about the players that call hill, then get beat to hill by a red, so they either stop or back up, causing a traffic jam of tanks behind them. Like it when the reds do it, not so fun when it's greens.

And this happens, more often than not it seems, from the south spawn

^^^^^^^ You are totally doing it wrong.

I don't go town and I won't go down so WarGaming is just ******* with me when they built a town on a hill.

BLACK is the new PURPLE

milesonaught #34 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:31 AM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 20444 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 04 March 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

One key point is that one doesn't need to go on the hill to control it and deny it to reds.  

Hull down behind the rocks or tucked in to the side of the hill will allow you to track and focus tanks going on the hill.  

More often than not these days putting tanks on the actual hill will just leave them

isolated.   One can fit and if it has gun depression can be very effective, but many tanks will stick out for reds TD's and a hidden Grille or 183 can reduce you to nothing fast. 

^^^^^^^^ you are absolutely doing it right.

BLACK is the new PURPLE

Spoiled_Moo_Juice #35 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:31 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32362 battles
  • [STRYK]
It's all about creating distraction, and taking hill is very important part of this map. If there are no tanks on hill, all focus will be on the front, which will be much difficult and requires a different strategy. Good video never the less, but both sides are definitely not equal with battle experiences, strategy changing on the fly.

MajorHarkonnen #36 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:32 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7901 battles
  • [1S0B]

It's either this:

"Going hill plz cover me."

Or this:

"I don't wanna go hill!  I'm gonna take my heavy to town and camp the base cap cuz screw you stupid team idc if we lose."

TD:  "k whatever I'm at spawn"

Edited by MajorHarkonnen, 05 March 2017 - 01:36 AM.

CHAOS_ZONE #37 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:41 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34866 battles
I love to play on mines since almost all the time it was a stalemate at the hills, had 2 draws (battle time expired) today since no one dared to go up lol

milesonaught #38 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:46 AM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 20444 battles
  • [III-R]
Draws are losses. I hate draws worse than supremacy.

BLACK is the new PURPLE

Steeby141 #39 Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:56 AM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45368 battles
  • [STEEB]

View PostLeadf00t, on 04 March 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

You even get all those shots in at the tanks looking at him on the top of the hill.  Hell, about half your damage was because of him.  Really, you should be thanking him.  He doesn't die for almost two and a half minutes, after the round is already in hand with a 6-3 advantage.

Half of my damage was because of him? Really? Let me check again. 

0:56 side turret shot on FV215b for 364 damage

1:41 side turret shot on Cent 7/1 for 437 damage

2:29 side turret shot on IS-4 for 325 damage

These are all the shots made possible because the 140 distracted the enemies. By "half" you mean 1126 damage? That's 23.5% of the damage I did that game. The 140 was definitely a big help, but to say I should be thanking him for the win and that half of my damage was because of him is just unreasonable. Without me putting out 4.8K damage and keeping the enemies from pushing hill, we would have lost. And if you look closely, I did track the red 140 when he tried to get up hill. 

View PostLeadf00t, on 04 March 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

Given I'm at 55% after 900, if I'm 61% after 12k battles in Tier X, I will uninstall the game.  No offense.

Lol are you trying to undermine me and my experience? You really should uninstall the game since you are barely doing 2K damage in tier 10 after having 4 tier 10s. Not trying to accuse you of being a reroll, but since you have 77% winrate in tier 1 compared to my 50% in tier 1, you clearly have previous experience before this account. 

As for my tier 10 overall average winrate being a low 61.54% (but climbing :playing:), you can tell I was a pretty bad player in my early career with E3 at 47% and 556 battles, FV4202 at 49% and 947 battles, as well as Obj 268 at 51% and 1164 battles... Not to mention my overall very high battlecount, which makes it difficult to improve winrate. 

While you're at it, why don't you bring up our overall winrate? You have 64.47%, but I only have 63.9%. Clearly, you are a better player than me. Am I right? :great:

Rerolls these days... smh. 

Alucard8732 #40 Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19658 battles
  • [101]
Just played mines and won easily in 50b against a couple of guys from O VII. Don't push hill too much if you a heavy and snag free enemy rush dmg. If u a med, look at team composition and decide accordingly. And as you take em out push up more and command more ground.

Edited by Alucard8732, 05 March 2017 - 03:45 AM.

Also tagged with Mines Map

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users