Petition For +2/-2 Back

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

Vino4Ever #301 Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:08 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9887 battles

^^^Ah, but one can simply let it go.

There is nothing to be gained from lamenting the past that, thankfully, will not return.

tankcrunch #302 Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles

View PostVino4Ever, on 08 April 2017 - 12:08 AM, said:

^^^Ah, but one can simply let it go.

There is nothing to be gained from lamenting the past that, thankfully, will not return.

indeed true.

V1n2002 #303 Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4035 battles
  • [FURY]
Maybe +-2 would be helpful if it was 9 or 11 on a team. 
much yummy :popcorn:

AmmorackedIS6 #304 Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:35 AM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 18517 battles
  • [501ST]
+2/-2 Map Strategy
+1/-1 Map Strategy

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

_GhostHuey #305 Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:59 AM

#1 Ghost

• Players
  • 22113 battles
Guys listen to shawk. 

Sh4dowSt4lker #306 Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20264 battles
  • [IMPR]

View Post_Shawk, on 08 April 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

+2/-2 Map Strategy
+1/-1 Map Strategy

No +2/-2. you guys even say that +1/-1 makes all teams go one side an face each other head on, well that`s not the mm fault! It`s your fault for not driving around and doing some proper scouting/flanking...!! There`s plenty of flanking in the meta right now, mostly on the exact map you used to point out the +1/-1 "strategy"  !!

___ez_e___ #307 Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45806 battles
  • [SF]

Here's what I think.

-2/+2 PROS & CONS
Must learn to aim for weak spots to be effective
Lower percentage of skilless bull rush battles as this is not as an effective strategy in this mm.
Longer average battle due to less occurrence of bull rush battles and more strategic movement of tanks.
Battles are more dynamic due to the variety of tiers.
Teams tend to organized by tank type groups in strategic front and flanks.
For all players, the mm rewards you with credits and exp you for exceptional skill based battling since you must aim for weak spots.
Player base has an incentive to learn how to play the game due to the difficult of competition and learning of battle techniques.
An increase of avg damage for experience players
More difficult to succeed as lower tier.
Higher frustration levels for unskilled player
Significantly better player experience, especially when you can effectively carry as the lowest tier.
Validation of lower tier tank and tank skills by carrying battles
Higher probability of epic battle for experienced players due to less chances of skillless bull rush battles.
Better longer term retention of player base to battle dynamics and diversity.  

-1/+1 PROS & CONS
No need to learn to aim for weak spots to be effective. Just point and shoot.
Higher percentage of skilless bull rush battles (team effectively rushes the other team before they can develop a battle front) as this is an effective, yet simple strategy in this mm.
Shorter average battles due to bull rush battles
Battles are less dynamic due to the limited variety of tiers
Teams tend to stay together in an unskilled mass
For all players, the mm more equally distributes credits, exp, and damage due to the closer tier parity damage is more evenly distributed since skill is not a requirement to pen enemy tanks.
Easier to succeed as lower tier.
Player base has less of an incentive to learn how to play the game due to easy of competition and pen.
Lower frustration levels of unskilled players.
An increase of avg damage for novice players due to the ease of pen.
More redundant player experience due to easy of pen, high percentage of bull rush battles, and lack of tank diversity.
Lower probability of epic battle for experienced players due to the frequency of skillless bull rush battles.
Better short term retention due to the ease of pen and tier match ups.  

To those that say we want to be the +2 tier (i.e. Tier 10), nothing can be further from the truth.

The truth is if I could player tier 8 against tier 10 super unicums, I would take that opportunity and do it all day. The lessons learned would be INVALUABLE.

Edited by ___ez_e___, 10 April 2017 - 07:13 PM.

AmmorackedIS6 #308 Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:43 PM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 18517 battles
  • [501ST]

View PostSh4dowSt4lker, on 10 April 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

No +2/-2. you guys even say that +1/-1 makes all teams go one side an face each other head on, well that`s not the mm fault! It`s your fault for not driving around and doing some proper scouting/flanking...!! There`s plenty of flanking in the meta right now, mostly on the exact map you used to point out the +1/-1 "strategy"  !!

It encourages the behavior, because it's possible for a VK 28.01 to pen a T29 head on.

2/2 did not have the lemming train that we do now, simply because many tanks weren't able to do anything frontally. 

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

BorisBaddenov #309 Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:00 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 16631 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View Post_Shawk, on 10 April 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

It encourages the behavior, because it's possible for a VK 28.01 to pen a T29 head on.

2/2 did not have the lemming train that we do now, simply because many tanks weren't able to do anything frontally. 

I disagree with this statement -  from my own experience - I was taught - by first guys in BT and then guys in STORM that you "go with the group".  Members of both of those clans tried to teach me (I'm a really slow learner at this) how to read the teams at game-load and make a direction call - to encourage ALL SEVEN tanks to go the same direction.

I do not feel like that part (lemming trains) of the game has changed since I started playing.

Peace-

Boris

Last Battle Played at 12:31 on  May 2nd, 2017 

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Shockey_ #310 Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34063 battles
  • [WDG4F]
I was being a real jerk. I do want to apologize to everyone for my antics. At this point with the personal attacks this account has received on this platform over the years, I am stand-offish. I've  played this game already, I'm just waiting for my premium time to run out or seeing myself get banned. That's how much I care about this account. I still wouldn't want to take this game away from anyone else enjoying, and I don't want bad things to happen to anyone. If I were playing, I wouldn't be in here typing. I dished it out and I took it. I laughed, I cried, I fought and I died. I did one on ones with a lot of good players, and seen people come and go. All in all I'm satisfied with the overall experience.

I wouldn't tell you guys something was good if it wasn't. The +2/-2 games have a better feel to them once you get use to not being in control of the outcome of a round. Which we all should already be use to.

Sure, the game itself is after the money. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be telling how things were and should be. We should want to pay, not be forced to pay and accept second rate game play.

tankcrunch #311 Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles

View Post_Semi_, on 10 April 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

I was being a real jerk. I do want to apologize to everyone for my antics. At this point with the personal attacks this account has received on this platform over the years, I am stand-offish. I've played this game already, I'm just waiting for my premium time to run out or seeing myself get banned. That's how much I care about this account. I still wouldn't want to take this game away from anyone else enjoying, and I don't want bad things to happen to anyone. If I were playing, I wouldn't be in here typing. I dished it out and I took it. I laughed, I cried, I fought and I died. I did one on ones with a lot of good players, and seen people come and go. All in all I'm satisfied with the overall experience.

I wouldn't tell you guys something was good if it wasn't. The +2/-2 games have a better feel to them once you get use to not being in control of the outcome of a round. Which we all should already be use to.

Sure, the game itself is after the money. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be telling how things were and should be. We should want to pay, not be forced to pay and accept second rate game play.

ok dokie, still no excuse to be rude or trash talk a real Marine vet., in that my eyes, i'll never forgive you. those guys died for us, honor them.

Edited by tankcrunch, 10 April 2017 - 11:28 PM.

BorisBaddenov #312 Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:39 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 16631 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View Post_Semi_, on 10 April 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

I was being a real jerk. I do want to apologize to everyone for my antics. At this point with the personal attacks this account has received on this platform over the years, I am stand-offish. I've played this game already, I'm just waiting for my premium time to run out or seeing myself get banned. That's how much I care about this account. I still wouldn't want to take this game away from anyone else enjoying, and I don't want bad things to happen to anyone. If I were playing, I wouldn't be in here typing. I dished it out and I took it. I laughed, I cried, I fought and I died. I did one on ones with a lot of good players, and seen people come and go. All in all I'm satisfied with the overall experience.

People do that?  Cry over a game?  

Huh, interesting.  I never would have imagined that.

Last Battle Played at 12:31 on  May 2nd, 2017 

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

player39364645 #313 Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44782 battles

All of you people that love +2/-2 are perfectly free to play in training rooms.

Well you could.

But you'd never find anyone to be the minus two for you .....

It's all a bunch of smoke and you know it.   What you all really want is to take out your tier 10 and noob crush a bunch of tier 8's.   That's all this has ever been about.

And you can make a new thread everyday of your life and it aint coming back.

tankcrunch #314 Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 10 April 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

People do that?  Cry over a game?

Huh, interesting.  I never would have imagined that.

same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users