Platoon Mate: Let's Go Steady

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

BobboEvans #1 Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 42223 battles

My current platoon rate is about 2.5%.  Why haven't I platooned?  Easy... I don't play well with others.  I get out of my rhythm and my game goes to heck.  In an effort to see if I can improve my win rate by 5-10% (as some have suggested), it's time to learn a new skill.  I'm looking for a consistent toon mate that is OK with playing their game while I play mine.  Let's start there.  Then we can progress to coordinated play.  I'm a solid 60% player at most tiers in my go to tanks.  That drops off at 8-10.

I'm east coast, have a job, and have a wife/kids so my play time is sporadic.  My stats are below:

http://www.wotbstars.com/index.php?usr=BobboEvans&geo=NA&lng=eng

I'd like to toon with someone who can show me some things and who doesn't NEED a toon mate to help them.  However, I've played well with some 40% players I've helped in the past, too.  I have all tiers so I'm flexible but am currently grinding 9, earning credits in 8/7/6 and working on masteries in 6.  Look me up in game if you're interested in a regular platoon mate.

Edited by BobboEvans, 09 March 2017 - 06:49 PM.

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

SpartacusDiablo #2 Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 32717 battles
  • [III-C]

I'll run with ya.

I also run tiers five through seven for silver grinding and I'm working on grinding a tier IX as well.

I'm not a great player but I'm not to shabby either.

http://www.wotbstars...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 09 March 2017 - 07:31 PM.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

_GeneralPearson #3 Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3785 battles
Hit me up..

christian1470 #4 Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39220 battles
Add me if you're not on my list already. I'm down, east coast, wife, kids and dogs. Similar style. I'm just as likely to load a heavy if you load a medium so the team has its bases covered. 

BlackDogD #5 Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:23 PM

O'Doyle Rules!

• Players
  • 26602 battles
  • [III-P]
I'll roll with you. Send it over. 

Storm216 #6 Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:34 PM

Wait, HEAT isn't standard ammo?!

• Players
  • 28936 battles
Add me. I usually don't platoon, but you never know.

Ximray #7 Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 72516 battles
  • [III]

I don't know what you need is a platoon mate - I'd recommend going back through your stats and working on getting any and all red off the board, then build from there.

your hit rate looks a little low too - can't stress how important your hit rate is. Matter of fact, if someone has a high hit rate, I usually pay attention to them more.

one last thing - are you picking ingame randoms to stick on their wing? Playing your game with someone who is clueless will probably be more efficient than trying it with a toon mate who will need your assistance and support.

maybe what you need is more of a submissive role than "your own game"

Win, lose, or draw - I'm gonna make it hurt.

BobboEvans #8 Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 42223 battles

View PostXimray, on 09 March 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

I don't know what you need is a platoon mate - I'd recommend going back through your stats and working on getting any and all red off the board, then build from there.

your hit rate looks a little low too - can't stress how important your hit rate is. Matter of fact, if someone has a high hit rate, I usually pay attention to them more.

one last thing - are you picking ingame randoms to stick on their wing? Playing your game with someone who is clueless will probably be more efficient than trying it with a toon mate who will need your assistance and support.

maybe what you need is more of a submissive role than "your own game"

Red?  Are you talking to me?  There's no red on wotbstars... couple of orange in places I don't care much about.  My tier 9&10 are not where I want... but I recognize that.

Hit rate is what it is.  I'll be honest, I CANT http://www.wotbstars...o=NA&lng=engget a 90% hit rate.  I max at about 85%.  I've tried fully aiming every shot and I still have 1-2 fully aimed shots every game go outer reticle.  Not sure why (connection maybe) but I cuss and move on.  I don't know how to change RNG or my connection (likely the problem).

I've platooned with sone of the best players on the server with miserable results.  I get taken completely out of my game and become a spungy  rotten potato.  I had better success with lower win rate players that play more like I do...  I think platooning is a skill that I need to learn.  But I don't want to toon with someone who expects me to have that skill... cause I don't right now.

Edited by BobboEvans, 10 March 2017 - 05:49 PM.

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

SieurPersil #9 Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:00 AM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

You can add me if you'd like.

You dont need to change your play style to platoon well. With time, you get used to your platoon mate and know how he reacts to certain situations and maps. It helps a lot.

Having a reliable player in green is always a good thing.

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users