A serious word to Wargaming about the latest update...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

iCrystalizze #1 Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34493 battles
  • [SOLUS]
I'm not alone when I say this, but the removal of being able to chat with teammates after death is a serious tradeoff. Yes, now we won't see as much cussing between players, but a major aspect of team-based games is to be able to communicate to one another and help each other out...I can't really do that anymore. Sure, not everyone aids players during battle, more so after one's own death, but I don't think the trade-offs were as justified as they needed to be, not to mention a bit vague. But aside from that, I just can't get over why such a sacrifice would be made, or to such an extent. Yes, I understand the justifications made, but they're simply not valid enough arguments considering the circumstances and nature of World of Tanks Blitz as a team-based game.

Yes, I can agree with the removal of chat between opposing teams, but to cease communication between teammates (no matter the justification) can make the difference between an incompetent/uninformed player, to a informed and more competent player, increasing the likelihood of a team winning a battle; and I'm sure keeping chat enabled at all times between teammates is far more "ideal" (more teamwork) than the "luxury" (less cussing?) you get by disabling that option. The justifications made weren't as clear as they should've been, nor was the goal, and nor were the benefits for that matter in the long run.

Now, anyone who dies during battle is literally and absolutely useless, unlike before. Nobody can no longer aid or assist a teammate after their own death.

The degradation of communication between teammates has implicated a serious issue and the tradeoff is not as worth it as the originator(s) of such an idea would think. And as a long-term, competent, and very much active player, I completely stand by all my beliefs and justifications I have to say vs. what Wargaming insisted was the case.

I mean, who even asked to have the chat system to be changed to the way it is now? For the majority, nobody did. And I can assure you again that as a player myself, nobody wants nothing more than to just have the option to disable chat between opposing teams, or as desired, themselves; nothing more, nothing less, at the very least.

Edited by iCrystalizze, 11 March 2017 - 04:23 AM.

BrickSniper33 #2 Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 984 battles
I'm guessing that enough 8-12 year olds saw the words: stupid, moron, noob, uninstall, stop driving into that rock! That they went and cried to their daddies and mommies (who give them 200$ a month to buy tier 8 premiums) who then under their kiddies user name filed a complaint to WG about it and thus we have come to 3.6

my stats: (http://www.blitzstar...ru/legoeinstein) I never said they where good.

Current Garage: Type 62, Type 59, KV-2, BT-7, luchs, leopard VK 16.02, Ru 251,Tiger II, AC 1 sentinel, AC IV sentinel, BT-SV, AT-15A, Pz. IV S, M4A3E8 Fury, Strv 74A2, Cromwell Berlin, KV-5, IS-3D, FCM 50 t, BT-7 arty, Pz. II J, Pz. S35, Pz. B2, A-32, Luchs, SU-122-44, T6 Dracula, E25, Ram II, Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai Shinobi, Tetrarch, T14, SU-76I, TOG II, WZ-112, WZ-135G FT, Self Propelled 17pdr Valentine Mk I Archer aka Angry Conner. Grosstraktor-Krupp, Blitzs' resident Dr. Who, Lego loving anime hater (    WoT/blitz/WS/WPs' #1 anime hater and proud of it!)

11th best AC 4 Sentinel driver on Ru

How can you tell if someone has morals and/or a conscience? Just ask one question, Do they own a Pz II J? (Guilty as charged)

tanker070 #3 Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 38362 battles
  • [SKXLL]

By limiting the fredom of few, you will always limit the msses in between too.  

No matter how they approach it...personally Rating system is what my inner tanker says but that too spent come with its flaws

SKILL COMMUNITY WEBSITE  http://www.clan-skill.com

awesomeplayer9690 #4 Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19102 battles
  • [WG]
I'd rather get rid of chat

"The greatest gift is time. Giving time is giving away part of your life that you'll never get back." - Anonymous

"Can't get ammo-racked if I bring no ammo"

[HOW TO] Stat Signature |

Ynlor #5 Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:51 AM

Backyard Historian

• Players
  • 26290 battles
  • [RBLN]
Disabled chat with the opposite team is welcomed, but I don't think chat with the team is. Just came from a battle that I was demolished by a flanking isu and there was nothing I could do alert them of that. One by one they were taken out. We got wrecked..maybe chat could of mitigated that??

Talon_54 #6 Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:20 AM

Private

• Players
  • 8397 battles
  • [TALON]

I agree.

continued chat with teammates should be restored.

Todd_robertson #7 Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1011 battles
  • [EAS-1]
they should give chat an on/off switch in the options much like supremecy mode...then those offended can turn it on/off!

Edited by Todd_robertson, 11 March 2017 - 07:14 AM.

pastore123 #8 Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:35 AM

Community Italian Stallion

• Players
  • 19506 battles
  • [LXE]

I say stop censoring blitz

#FREEPROMPT_N_CRITICAL

RES, NON VERBA 

LoyalEnoughForAnM60

ChitFromChinola #9 Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42235 battles
  • [-1]

Video games are all about player retention -- WG must've found that the abusive chatter caused a lot of players to leave the game. You call them snowflakes or sissies, WG calls them customers. Also, Blitz is rated for ages 12+, but the high level of player profanity and offensive languge in the chat probably should have pushed the game to a 17+ rating, which I'm sure they wanted to avoid. Player's creative spelling exceeded the ability of their software filters, so I believe the result was inevitable -- dead-tank chat had to go away. Eliminate chat from dead tanks, and these problems are gone. WG knew that getting rid of chat would irritate some veteran players, but must've judged that the player retention from the calmer game would exceed the losses, and the retention of the 12+ rating would be assured. So, I don't see chat coming back.

axewound66 #10 Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11827 battles
  • [OST]
Team chat on/off toggle would be good. Listening to the salty nonsense of the sub 45%'s is ignored, sometimes the unicum perspective is welcome when you are 1 v 3. World chat is not necessary, I don't need to hear the 13 year old's view of world politics, other than o7 there is nothing constructive you'd need to communicate to the Red team.  

Edited by axewound66, 11 March 2017 - 08:43 AM.

meonfire25342 #11 Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

Only plays Maus

• Players
  • 13151 battles
Without the cussing, the game seems alot more dead. We might as well be playing against bots
"Ding, Ding, Ding, Dong"

seanandjay30 #12 Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3725 battles
  • [_777_]
why does WG refuse to add a toggle button for anything? how is this supposed to be a team-based game if you remove chat? the only thing they should have done is prevent chat with enemy team after you die to prevent people who reveal positions

CarlosDanger_1 #13 Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23169 battles
  • [USAF]

View PostChitFromChinola, on 11 March 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Video games are all about player retention -- WG must've found that the abusive chatter caused a lot of players to leave the game. You call them snowflakes or sissies, WG calls them customers. Also, Blitz is rated for ages 12+, but the high level of player profanity and offensive languge in the chat probably should have pushed the game to a 17+ rating, which I'm sure they wanted to avoid. Player's creative spelling exceeded the ability of their software filters, so I believe the result was inevitable -- dead-tank chat had to go away. Eliminate chat from dead tanks, and these problems are gone. WG knew that getting rid of chat would irritate some veteran players, but must've judged that the player retention from the calmer game would exceed the losses, and the retention of the 12+ rating would be assured. So, I don't see chat coming back.

​+1    Well said, I agree 100%

__Boomer2__ #14 Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13236 battles
  • [501RV]

View PostChitFromChinola, on 11 March 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Online interactions not rated by ESRB.

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4

dayton07277 #15 Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 12095 battles
  • [CROWN]

View Postaxewound66, on 11 March 2017 - 12:25 AM, said:

Team chat on/off toggle would be good. Listening to the salty nonsense of the sub 45%'s is ignored, sometimes the unicum perspective is welcome when you are 1 v 3. World chat is not necessary, I don't need to hear the 13 year old's view of world politics, other than o7 there is nothing constructive you'd need to communicate to the Red team.  

Yep snowflake button would work just fine..

Lowhican #16 Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

Private

• Players
  • 8809 battles
  • [BMW]
For me so much is lost without chat - even between teams. Just to say GG at the end of a game is taken away. Now nothing - deafening silence. If people really are too sensitive to hear some of the salty language of some players- then yes have an option to toggle chat off- but why destroy the camaraderie for the rest of us?

dayton07277 #17 Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 12095 battles
  • [CROWN]

View Postdayton07277, on 11 March 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

Yep snowflake button would work just fine..

;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users