• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Kuleana #21 Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:26 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13618 battles
  • [HI808]

View PostYourUberDriver, on 11 March 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

I just lost about 7 or 8 battles in a row, and at first I thought it was just some bad luck, but when I checked the teams, everyone in my team, from all the battles have 35%-45% win rates with 100-300 personal ratings, whereas all my enemies had 49%-56% win rates and over 1,000 personal ratings. How is this fair?

EDIT: I'm not saying it's rigged, I legitimately thought it might have had some matchmaking errors or glitches that came with the recent update. Don't get you anal hairs in a knot.

​Ask your question in about 10k battles. Noob. And I do it care if you played on or played candy crush or whatever. Right now the  errors are you.

lawny99 #22 Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5492 battles
  • [2S3XY]

I don't really get it. Why don't others get it. An independent player with no clan, and no platoon games will have a lower win rate than someone with 50% of their games played with a winrate. Someone that can bypass having to grind a stock tank will have a better win rate. Someone who plays 25,000 games and rerolls a new account will have a better win rate. It's not all skill. You will never get a 75% win rate playing solo on skill alone. You need to take advantage of every angle of the game, not just the battlefield. If your going for stats there is a lot more to the game than pressing the battle button and doing your nest. I found a lot of things people do to boost winrate besides pressing the battle button and trying their best. I'm sure there's a hundred more things out there to boost win rates that i have no clue about. Remember, we are not all here to play with honesty and integrity. I've explained the psychology of win rate and how it correlates to war gamings marketing strategy. With the guys out there surrounding thier whole life with this game for a higher win rate, it doesn't make sense to stress if your just going to enjoy the game an hour a day.

InfinitiQ #23 Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2673 battles

View Postlawny99, on 14 March 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

I don't really get it. Why don't others get it. An independent player with no clan, and no platoon games will have a lower win rate than someone with 50% of their games played with a winrate. Someone that can bypass having to grind a stock tank will have a better win rate. Someone who plays 25,000 games and rerolls a new account will have a better win rate. It's not all skill. You will never get a 75% win rate playing solo on skill alone. You need to take advantage of every angle of the game, not just the battlefield. If your going for stats there is a lot more to the game than pressing the battle button and doing your nest. I found a lot of things people do to boost winrate besides pressing the battle button and trying their best. I'm sure there's a hundred more things out there to boost win rates that i have no clue about. Remember, we are not all here to play with honesty and integrity. I've explained the psychology of win rate and how it correlates to war gamings marketing strategy. With the guys out there surrounding thier whole life with this game for a higher win rate, it doesn't make sense to stress if your just going to enjoy the game an hour a day.

This, I concur.

Leadf00t #24 Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8512 battles
  • [STR8R]

Sometimes, if you mash the battle button right after you lose, you'll get thrown in with the same group of players.

When you lose a few in a row due to horrible teams/players, try taking a break (just a few minutes usually works), or change tiers.

Kaos_Dynamo #25 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10710 battles
  • [7CAV]

View PostYourUberDriver, on 11 March 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

I just lost about 7 or 8 battles in a row, and at first I thought it was just some bad luck, but when I checked the teams, everyone in my team, from all the battles have 35%-45% win rates with 100-300 personal ratings, whereas all my enemies had 49%-56% win rates and over 1,000 personal ratings. How is this fair?

EDIT: I'm not saying it's rigged, I legitimately thought it might have had some matchmaking errors or glitches that came with the recent update. Don't get you anal hairs in a knot.

What is this come up over and over again? YES!!! Wargaming owns a patent that they admit to using some form of. As you win more battles, the team you are pared with gets weaker to create "more challenge". This doesn't just happen In regards to your global winrate, but also, your shortterm winrate. 

After winning quite a few games, you will often see a "correction".  This happens the other way too.  After losing a lot of matches in a row, you should see your teammates return to normal.  It isn't always so blatant, and from what I've seen it is less pronounced than it used to be, but, a thing nonetheless.

Kaos_Dynamo #26 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10710 battles
  • [7CAV]

View Postlawny99, on 13 March 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

I notice certain characteristics about the game. Buy a new tank and the outcome is favorable for say 5-10 matches. Then things change. It should be several losses. Instead. New tank, 75% crew training, not upgraded 100% ect. It happens with every new tank I get, premium, or otherwise. Now I not saying that my player name was typed in and I was put into one of 20 mm categories depending how much wargaming likes my Facebook page, but I am saying I believe there are certain algorithms inbeded in the mm. They're are also the fact that people with a high wr also platoon together, which can throw the mm balance off i believe. Players also do things like synchronize time and in a group press the battle button at the same time to increase the chances of ending up in the same match with their comrades. Life isn't fair. There is only 1, I say 1 way get a100% win rate. That is to enjoy every match win lose or draw. That's the only way to win, or it's just a random stress generater.

when you buy a tank, it has favorable matchmaking for some period of games. I think 10?  Can someone specify? 

SpartacusDiablo #27 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3709 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostKaos_Dynamo, on 14 March 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

What is this come up over and over again? YES!!! Wargaming owns a patent that they admit to using some form of. As you win more battles, the team you are pared with gets weaker to create "more challenge". This doesn't just happen In regards to your global winrate, but also, your shortterm winrate. 

After winning quite a few games, you will often see a "correction".  This happens the other way too.  After losing a lot of matches in a row, you should see your teammates return to normal.  It isn't always so blatant, and from what I've seen it is less pronounced than it used to be, but, a thing nonetheless.

Owning the patent is not the same as implementing the patent. Solo players with winrates exceeding 55% prove that the patent that you've described is not being implemented in game.

If you want to talk tanks then head on over to the Bunker.

http://thebunker.freeforums.net

​If you are always on the losing team it may be time to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

Leadf00t #28 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8512 battles
  • [STR8R]

View PostKaos_Dynamo, on 14 March 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

It's called reversion to the mean.  Heard of it?

Or is conspiracy theory easier?

Tackmoney #29 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23087 battles
  • [DD]
It's not broken but the way they balance the teams is.

SpartacusDiablo #30 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3709 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostTackmoney, on 14 March 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

It's not broken but the way they balance the teams is.

No.

http://forum.wotblit...67#entry1132067

Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 14 March 2017 - 02:47 PM.

​If you are always on the losing team it may be time to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

Tackmoney #31 Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23087 battles
  • [DD]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 14 March 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

I'm not talking about win rates, I'm talking about the tank line up. For example in tier 8 yesterday, the red team had 5 heavies made up of is6 & 3ds. My team had only 2 heavies (American) and the rest were lights...wasn't a pretty ending.

SpartacusDiablo #32 Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3709 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostTackmoney, on 14 March 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

I'm not talking about win rates, I'm talking about the tank line up. For example in tier 8 yesterday, the red team had 5 heavies made up of is6 & 3ds. My team had only 2 heavies (American) and the rest were lights...wasn't a pretty ending.

I see. While I have seen this type of thing happen (personally) it has been exceptionally rare. Because it is so rare to me I don't know if I would call it broken.

Ketchupaholic #33 Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26460 battles
  • [HUGS]

View PostYourUberDriver, on 11 March 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

Had the same thing happen. I had three matches in which i was up against A Pramo Toon and AFK Toon on the same Fooken side. Me... Donuts! I gave them hell!

zim140 #34 Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28182 battles
  • [MAGNI]

View Post_War_Child_, on 12 March 2017 - 02:50 AM, said:

Match making isn't broken.

BUT, the parameters that it uses to establish "fair" teams is so screwed up, at least 3 of the Russian engineers have been "retired" in front of firing squads (and 2 others are spending their time in Siberia). 

It's best that you not mention MM or you might get a "visit" from Sly or some other American-Russian operative...

:ohmy:

This is how they should handle the Russian devs and their nerfs,buffs, MM, and flat earthing all maps.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/27/north-korea-executed-five-security-officials-anti-aircraft-guns/

That being said to the OP, it's only broken when you are the one grabbing your ankles. When you are doing the greasing, then it is divine.

mikesd1 #35 Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6804 battles
  • [WTFOX]

View Postmichaeltsoon, on 12 March 2017 - 03:29 AM, said:

The thing here is: Why is matchmaking rigged against you, and you ONLY? While it may be somewhat biased so that super-unis can't win EVERY match (let's be honest that'd be kinda boring too) it definitely treats EVERYONE the EXACT same. So, your reasoning is flawed/invalid. It's not the teams-it's YOU.

I'll tell ya, I'm not sure this is the case. You can battle your butt off and if the team is low you are all done or the last man standing against 4-5 other guys. I'm not saying that they rig it that way but it sure goes that way. Then you add in a few AFKs and you wonder why you work and pay to play. I don't care what your win rate is, bad team produces bad results. The team will outdo the single player every time .

dayton07277 #36 Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9383 battles
  • [CROWN]

View Postmikesd1, on 14 March 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

I'll tell ya, I'm not sure this is the case. You can battle your butt off and if the team is low you are all done or the last man standing against 4-5 other guys. I'm not saying that they rig it that way but it sure goes that way. Then you add in a few AFKs and you wonder why you work and pay to play. I don't care what your win rate is, bad team produces bad results. The team will outdo the single player every time .

Well not every time.. And pay to play is totally invalid also. But team skills yep..its a game of skill after all.. And its the same for everyone.

michaeltsoon #37 Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13889 battles
  • [501DV]

View Postmikesd1, on 14 March 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Funny.... Because even IF you had better teams you'd still lose most of the time.

Founder of the 3rd Panzer Division/The Unofficially Official Sealclubber Of the 501st

Nothing can stop the 501st!!!

Proudly ranked 7th in T2 Light, 13th in T-28, 18th in JagdPanzer 4, 19th in Strv 74A2, 27th in Pz Kpfw II, 29th in Pz Kpfw III/IV, 39th in T82, and 42nd in Pz IV Schmaltrum on NA!

Slikrnsnot #38 Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22632 battles
  • [STRYK]

For the last three weeks my SU-101 has lost 2-3 before I win as I grind to next tier. It wasn't like that my first 70-80 matches and now my WR has gone from 57% to 47%. This has not happened with any other tank I play. And I'll serious contribute some damage and still lose thus leading me to the conclusion the tank is utterly cursed. Well it's not it's just bad luck or the law of averages or whatever. It sure is weird though.

Tonight I jumped in my Comet and lost three in a row with a clan mate in a platoon and the teams were total garbage....sub 50% WR players over and over and we just couldn't carry. We had a 33% player with 10k battles just Afk. I quit for the night....as was said earlier by others, I've had spectacular streaks and sometimes it just turns around. It just hurts when it's happening...

tater105 #39 Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:38 AM

Private

• Players
  • 16193 battles
This game is too uneven matching bad tanks are too mismatched and I know I'm not good but really looks rigged pay to play

___ez_e___ #40 Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43306 battles
  • [SF]
There's nothing broken with mm.

I know it's frustrating to lose, but I think most of us who have been around a while have gone from 40ish wr to above 50 wr.    

It just takes time to learn each tank and really learn what not to do.  If you work on your game you'll keep getting better.  

Also tagged with matchmaking, broken, losses

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users