• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

face4star #41 Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31907 battles
  • [-7-]

View PostWSOR_Matt, on 14 March 2017 - 04:31 AM, said:

I feel as though this should be addressed. 

No matter what you think about 'sticks and stones' or how 'everyone rages anyway', you probably shouldn't be furiously typing expletives and insults at other players. Of course, it is natural for WG to do something about it when it gets out of hand. My guess is that toxic behavior and conduct by the community isn't something WG wants to see on a title they wish to draw more players to. 

they are not winning souls by disabling the chat. they had a lof of other options

- disable people like me who rage a lot. fine i can suffer that. actually i was more entertained by the chat that enjoing writing to it. i kinda liked the drama and btt hurt of other players. I would accept individual ban providing i can still chat with clan and platoon mates. WG knows who we are and it would not be to too hard for them to block us all individually. bad decision but  not as bad as the one that was taken. bad decision because almost everyone rages. it is not only me face4star. if they ban everyone who been reported for raging it probably would be 60% of player base.

- keep incoming message filter available for everyone. do not want entire chat or dead people chat - turn the filter on for yourself. this is i guess how it might end up. however chances are slim. i agree that dead tanks should not talk to red team but they can still talk to greens unless a green player turned it off using chat filter.

- well and it was the most stupid nuclear option - just disable entire chat. sure it does not requre much brain power to close the chat. no more tickets, no more raging, game is boring - mission accomplished.

Edited by face4star, 14 March 2017 - 04:48 AM.

RageKicker #42 Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:43 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3841 battles
  • [MOM5]

Leadf00t#40

:D

Edited by RageKicker, 14 March 2017 - 04:45 AM.

_SuicideKing_ #43 Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6349 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Postface4star, on 14 March 2017 - 04:07 AM, said:

Well for what it worth I did not ever hit my wife. When we stopped getting along I just failed for divorce. Irony is that from her perspective that was a way more harmful than if I hit her. But this is how life is. 

I wasn't implying you did.

However, both are symptoms of stress and frustration, from feeling powerless over a situation one cannot control (but feel they should).

I hate 10-16's, the man will always say either "the b**ch don't listen" or "I just lover her SO much".

Either way, it's always the woman who ends up with the spit lip.

Edited by _SuicideKing_, 14 March 2017 - 06:21 AM.

Kuleana #44 Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

Hawaiian Warrior

• Players
  • 14594 battles
  • [HI808]
We get it. You must be te damsel

View Post_SuicideKing_, on 13 March 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

However, both are symptoms of stress and frustration, from feeling powerless over a situation one cannot control (but feel they should).

I hate 10-16's, the man will always say either "the b**ch don't listen" or "I just lover her SO much".

​We get it.. You must be the damsel in distress.

Mayjaplaya #45 Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:14 AM

[YYK]

• Players
  • 11292 battles
  • [MBTS]

View Postface4star, on 13 March 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

hockey, soccer, nfl - everywhere players rage. noone ban hockey players scream to each other.

Whoa whoa whoa, stop. Hockey players have been punished for verbal abuse and abusive gestures.

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...r-slur-1.475386

http://articles.sun-...l-racist-intent

http://www.espn.com/...lur-report-says

YYK

Sig credit: Panbun

_SuicideKing_ #46 Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6349 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostKuleana, on 14 March 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

We get it. You must be te damsel

View Post_SuicideKing_, on 13 March 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

​We get it.. You must be the damsel in distress.

Dude, if you can't keep up with the repartee, just curse at me or do mom jokes or something.

"Damsel in distress" has no relation, either in converse or reverse, to any of my posts on this thread.

An example of a decent quip to my post, would have been:

"I can tell you're speaking with the voice of experience and have done all you could for victims of domestic violence,  I just wanted to say thank you for you're service to the community. I'm sure being a male nurse can't be easy; neither for you nor your husband, Brad."

This is what's known as a paraprosdokian, where you front load your remarks with a passive or neutral statement, that lead into what looks to be a positive statement, but in the end, is actually an insult or otherwise negative statement, all while on point with the earlier conversation.

Again, if you can't do better than "damsel in distress", just tell me to [edited] off or post an embarrassing link to my stats page or something.

dayton07277 #47 Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9645 battles
  • [CROWN]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 13 March 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Simple fact: raging caused chat to be removed.

No the snowflakes cried to mommy. ...ie... Tickets, like a tickertate parade.. That's exactly what happened. And wot just went... Ahhhh that's OK sweetheart. Mommy will kiss the ouchie and make it better.! SMFH!!!

SpartacusDiablo #48 Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4780 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostKempBushThe3rd, on 14 March 2017 - 02:35 AM, said:

Why would a player be drunk in the first place?

Matchmaking and these teams?

If you want to talk tanks then head on over to the Bunker.

http://thebunker.freeforums.net

​If you are always on the losing team it may be time to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

Enzo_Gorlami #49 Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7510 battles
  • [BELLS]

There is a FB group that bans people who report others, and generally make a nuisance of themselves with excessive complaints. Imagine that. Maybe WoTB will be better off if they did that. :trollface:

Tackmoney #50 Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23545 battles
  • [DD]

View Postdayton07277, on 14 March 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

No the snowflakes cried to mommy. ...ie... Tickets, like a tickertate parade.. That's exactly what happened. And wot just went... Ahhhh that's OK sweetheart. Mommy will kiss the ouchie and make it better.! SMFH!!!

This....the skinny jean and man bun generation are emotionally fragile cause their flaming parents said they were special.

BorisBaddenov #51 Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

World's Greatest No-Goodnik

• Players
  • 16611 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View Postdayton07277, on 14 March 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

View PostTackmoney, on 14 March 2017 - 03:27 AM, said:

This....the skinny jean and man bun generation are emotionally fragile cause their flaming parents said they were special.

You two really don't get it?

If nobody had raged, nobody would send in tickets.  Chat remains.

You putting the blame on those who sent in tickets, is like arresting those who call the police and not the criminals.

From Dayton's past postings, he seems like a younger person - who has not yet gotten a good grasp on reality.  And many of his posts are argumentative on purpose.  I hope that is true here, that Dayton and Tackmoney are just being silly young kids.  And they really do understand who is to blame here.

Peace-

Boris

LetsMakePeopleLoveUsMore #52 Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16524 battles
  • [PURPL]
This thread XD 

cheasesteak #53 Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13980 battles
  • [DOGZ]

It's funny how little self control some people have. Lose a game and maybe you cuss at your device. That may be natural for some people - sort of automatic.  That is like the sports fan or player that has a spontaneous outburst. Not always the best move, but understandable.  

Raging in chat shows a higher degree of intent.  It requires you to purposefully type your abusive message - it isn't a spontaneous outburst.   To those that are, please stop trying to justify this behavior. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

BorisBaddenov #54 Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

World's Greatest No-Goodnik

• Players
  • 16611 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View Postcheasesteak, on 14 March 2017 - 05:02 AM, said:

It's funny how little self control some people have. Lose a game and maybe you cuss at your device. That may be natural for some people - sort of automatic.  That is like the sports fan or player that has a spontaneous outburst. Not always the best move, but understandable.  

Raging in chat shows a higher degree of intent.  It requires you to purposefully type your abusive message - it isn't a spontaneous outburst.   To those that are, please stop trying to justify this behavior. 

So much this.

cheasesteak #55 Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13980 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View Postdayton07277, on 14 March 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

The people who rage are the ones who more closely reflect people I consider snowflakes.  They can't face any adversity - even a lose in a meaningless video game - without lashing out. 

Self- control and manners are not signs of little children but reflect maturity. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

SpartacusDiablo #56 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4780 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postface4star, on 14 March 2017 - 02:55 AM, said:

- Pc and osx bots,

- ghost shells - never gonna get fixed i guess I don't have this problem.

- broken economy where there two ways to grind credits a) sell old tanks b) lose games and play without provisions i don't have this problem either. I play without premium, run consumables, and still routinely make money. Only if I play poorly or spam premium rounds do I lose money.

- dead chat I agree here.

- flattened map Flattened maps are fine. I get tired of all the corridor maps.

- rigged match making when both teams include equal players  what leads WR slide to 50% for everyone except super unikums playing platoons that MM could not easily balance Utter nonsense. 

- off balance tanks dominating its tiers - Dracula on tier 7, IS spam on tier 8 More utter nonsense.

i can keep going with real blitz problems but WG showed long time ago that they could not care less about community input

If you want to talk tanks then head on over to the Bunker.

http://thebunker.freeforums.net

​If you are always on the losing team it may be time to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

R0CKET #57 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 14527 battles
  • [-GNP-]

Many,many,many accounts have been sold. 

Its not a new concept. 

Its pretty common knowledge who/which accounts have been bought/sold/flipped.

And it pretty much sources exclusively to less than a handful of Brokers.

Bye Kbm, don't go away mad, just go away. 

Enzo_Gorlami #58 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7510 battles
  • [BELLS]

View Postcheasesteak, on 14 March 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

The people who rage are the ones who more closely reflect people I consider snowflakes.  They can't face any adversity - even a lose in a meaningless video game - without lashing out. 

Self- control and manners are not signs of little children but reflect maturity. 

Raging is approximately 10-20 percent of after-death chats. Other than that, I would just term everything as "commentary," no different from before-death messages. Sure, some people give away locations, but that should be addressed with penalties on the individual, not as a penalty against the entire WoTB community, which happened because people are so oversensitive, and thus lack maturity to function in society. 

Edited by Enzo_Gorlami, 14 March 2017 - 02:18 PM.

cheasesteak #59 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13980 battles
  • [DOGZ]

Please stop blaming the chat ban on anyone but the children who can't control their emotions.  I don't care one way or the other about the ban - I thought the chat after death was fairly useless and rarely paid attention.  But blame the people who made it toxic, not the ones who prefer not to read the garbage. 

Edited by cheasesteak, 14 March 2017 - 02:38 PM.

Tackmoney #60 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23545 battles
  • [DD]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 14 March 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

You two really don't get it?

If nobody had raged, nobody would send in tickets.  Chat remains.

You putting the blame on those who sent in tickets, is like arresting those who call the police and not the criminals.

From Dayton's past postings, he seems like a younger person - who has not yet gotten a good grasp on reality.  And many of his posts are argumentative on purpose.  I hope that is true here, that Dayton and Tackmoney are just being silly young kids.  And they really do understand who is to blame here.

Peace-

Boris

No I get it. I'm 35 married kids etc. and I never reported a player for raging because it didn't offend me. I guess life has desensitized me to what people say over a game. That's my point. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users