Qualifications PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

_War_Child_ #1 Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:19 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35148 battles
  • [III]

I don't want you or Wargaming to think that I don't understand.  I do.  I understand the business sense of it all.  I understand why Wargaming's MM tries to match bad players with good players.  I do.  I disagree with it completely, but I at least understand it and why they cannot discuss it openly AT ALL.  The fact of the matter is the system is set up to jack with some of us because Wargaming's algorithm says we'll put up with it.  And we do.  But c'mon man...

I'm trying to perform well in my JPanther and of course I am the low tier (it's the norm for me now, so I just expect it).  My Tier 8's are camping spawn and messing around, so I have to try and take control in my lower tier turretless TD.  It doesn't work out and the end result is this:

Because I died mid battle and some of my team was still in spawn, I watched this particular tanker, the FCM, play a bit.  [SIDE NOTE - I HATE the fact that I can't talk to teammates after I'm dead to tell them helpful info].  It was very apparent to me that this fella was exceptionally poor and looked very out of place in Tier 8.  So I checked his in-game performance out and this is what I see:

We all have bad games, so I'm not overly concerned or upset at this point.  At least not until I look a little deeper:

WHAT???  This guy has barely gotten out of Tier 2, and I'm getting him in only his 2nd Tier VIII match ever (he won his first one though).  Kudos to Wargaming for selling him the $5 Newcomer's Bundle with the PzB2!  In case you didn't know, all new players on all servers get a $5 offer for the PzB2 that gives them the tank, gold, credits and XP.  They landed this fella's $5 and then REWARDED HIM with an FCM in one of his free crates (you can't purchase the FCM, only win it).

So, now my "understanding" is getting worn the _____ OUT. 

This player and the many, many other ones that seem to find their way onto my teams at Tier 8 and above, EXEMPLIFY the ABSOLUTE NEED to have qualifications to compete at higher tiers.  Or at least give me a toggle that puts me with 50% and above players - a "Same Qualification" mode.  Now THAT would be a good toggle!  Wargaming needs to figure out a way to SEPARATE the 15 battle, 26% winrate player from MY team!  This player's mother __________ $5 didn't earn him the right to an FCM nor should it allow him to be placed with ANY good players.  Wargaming can stuff their M60, but at least SHOW ME SOME LOYALTY and create some kind of hierarchy for higher tier play.  At the VERY LEAST keep the guys who still shine their CADET BADGE off my Tier 8 squad. As I said before, "C'mon man!"

[I apologize for this post turning into a hostile rant, but I got angrier as wrote it]

Good luck to the rest of you Forum Folks!  I wish you the best of success during this Spring Break Sucktacular...

_War_Child_

Edited by _War_Child_, 14 March 2017 - 04:28 PM.

zim140 #2 Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33468 battles
  • [MAGNI]
He still has higher damage avg than a certain unicum. You will be equally happy when he lands on your team in his Vk in 8/9/10 battles.

VonMiller58 #3 Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

Chicken Farmer

• Players
  • 21509 battles
  • [JFGF]

lost 7 straight last night

checked my teams win rates and I had only two above 50% percent players on my teams over those 7 games

checked the reds wr% and they had 22 50% over the 7 games

7 games x 7 players = 49 possible players

Greens got me and two other 50% players = total of 9/49

Reds got 22/49 50% ers or above

Those are fixed matches IMO...Yes I know that MM will give me the good teams for 15 straight later and I will win most...but it is just a bit silly

Edited by VonMiller58, 14 March 2017 - 04:43 PM.

o...:...:I:...:...o

BorisBaddenov #4 Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17707 battles
  • [ST2RM]
Leagues are coming.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

NICKEL_AND_DIME #5 Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 39585 battles
  • [III-S]

I have my suspicions that something was adjusted with the release of v3.6.  It is only suspicion, but when I drop 0.20% in two weeks, with nearly 36,000 battles... it is the most dramatic drop I have witnessed in 2 years and 9 months of Blitz.

Is it because I stopped spending money with WarGaming?  It is a balance adjustment to the MM? 
I even got an IS-6, and it was all I could do to get it to 50% WR. One of the most prolific stat-padding tanks in the game, and 50% was a struggle...

Something is very abnormal with all this. 

BobboEvans #6 Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 36010 battles
  • [FLOOP]
Couple comments:

•  He didn't necessarily get it from a free crate.  Couldn't he buy the crates?
•  I think you get the B2 free.  No $5 required.  At least I hope so because it's being spammed along with the arty.

Otherwise, yeah.  I hear you.

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

rajkumarukku #7 Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

My way highway. Don't come.

• Players
  • 43610 battles
  • [STR8]

Is that fcm 50t is bot or some troll nooob.

>Instead Of Running and drinking Milk, Standing and Drinking Water is Better.

_War_Child_ #8 Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35148 battles
  • [III]

View Postzim140, on 14 March 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

He still has higher damage avg than a certain unicum. You will be equally happy when he lands on your team in his Vk in 8/9/10 battles.

Not exactly sure what you are saying here.

View PostVonMiller58, on 14 March 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

lost 7 straight last night

checked my teams win rates and I had only two above 50% percent players on my teams over those 7 games

checked the reds wr% and they had 22 50% over the 7 games

7 games x 7 players = 49 possible players

Greens got me and two other 50% players = total of 9/49

Reds got 22/49 50% ers or above

Those are fixed matches IMO...Yes I know that MM will give me the good teams for 15 straight later and I will win most...but it is just a bit silly

Too many players I know are upset about the current play for it not to be looked at seriously.

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 14 March 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

Leagues are coming.

What do you speak of?  Is this something exciting that I missed the memo on?

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 14 March 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

I have my suspicions that something was adjusted with the release of v3.6.  It is only suspicion, but when I drop 0.20% in two weeks, with nearly 36,000 battles... it is the most dramatic drop I have witnessed in 2 years and 9 months of Blitz.

Is it because I stopped spending money with WarGaming?  It is a balance adjustment to the MM? 
I even got an IS-6, and it was all I could do to get it to 50% WR. One of the most prolific stat-padding tanks in the game, and 50% was a struggle...

Something is very abnormal with all this. 

I haven't stopped spending money and MM is poopooing me all it can.  Although I have slowed down a bit because of the unfairness level as of late.

View PostBobboEvans, on 14 March 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Couple comments:

• He didn't necessarily get it from a free crate. Couldn't he buy the crates?
• I think you get the B2 free. No $5 required. At least I hope so because it's being spammed along with the arty.

Otherwise, yeah. I hear you.

I am not aware of a FREE PzB2 and it's not in the tech tree. I do know that you get the same $5 offer if you start up a new account on any of the servers.

As far as the crates - You get around 2,000 Gold for signing up, so it's possible he used that to purchase crates.  I don't know.  What I do know is that he was REWARDED with that tank.  I would like that tank and I bought $20 worth of crates - got a lot of boosters and some gold.  Unless I see something different, this guy paid $5 and "POOF" - like magic he got put on my team.

View Postrajkumarukku, on 14 March 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

Is that fcm 50t is bot or some troll nooob.

I watched him and he did not look like a bot.  He tried to play.  He just was too new to know what to do.

ON A SIDE NOTE.  The EU Server posted a series of INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS in their NEWS section for their new players today.  

Edited by _War_Child_, 14 March 2017 - 05:21 PM.

Dan_Deerso #9 Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 13494 battles
  • [MOMS]
Well, the tutorial gold is just enough to buy a B2 if I remember correctly.

T-34 (2nd), Type 98 Ke-Ni (3rd), Pz. IV Schmalturm (4th) A-20 (6th)T34 Independance (6th), T69 (8th), Angry Connor (8th)T110E4 (9th), Ram II (9th)

Top 100: KV-2, Cruiser Mk. IV, Spähpanzer Ru 251, T-46, Spähpanzer SP I C, M4A2E4 Sherman, Type 5 Chi-Ri, VK 16.02 Leopard, M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo, T-54 ltwt., Pz.Kpfw. V/IV, Helsing HO, SU-152, SU-100M1, T54E1, Hetzer, T34

Ruby_Rose_ #10 Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8773 battles
  • [TRHRD]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 14 March 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

^

Made by Panbun

"Efficiency is Just Clever Laziness" 

Want a RWBY signature? Here

Clan Recruitment: FLEET  TRHRD  Discord: FLEET  TRHRD
TRHRD is the "Very" Competitive Sister Clan of FLEET

Archer_Knight #11 Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6836 battles
  • [DD-R]

What exactly IS considered by the matching system other than tier?  

buckeyeinpitt #12 Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32267 battles
  • [DEF_X]
Carry harder. Whine less. 

I hate Canada. I hate the color purple. 

Blartch #13 Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 40602 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postbuckeyeinpitt, on 14 March 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

LOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

TankerX_ #14 Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7627 battles

I couldn't agree more!!

I went from 62.4% to 61.95 since the New Moon event. 

Is it me? 

Did I forget how to play? 

No, teams are just so bad that it's much harder to carry now especially when your whole team disintegrates.

Part of my problem is that I don't have time to toon and I play mostly solo. I jump on play a few battles and I'm off. 

You are either on a team with all 40%ers and lose 7-0 or the opposite and win 7-0. 

The problem is if you run a streak of bad luck teams there is not much you can do but sign out. Then when you come back you get similar teams and your win rate just drops and drops.

I've never seen so many teams where 3-4 players have less than 1000 battles.

As stated by Nickel and Dime above even in so called OP tanks it's a struggle to run 50% these days.

I think what hurt was WG running a Super Bowl ad which brought a huge influx of new players then ran two similar events (New Moon and Lost Division) so close together. Usually you can recoup from one of these events but WG really didn't give you much time to do that especially with all of the new players.

Uuuggghhh the frustration!:arta:

I quit!

Cya tomorrow.

Edited by TankerX_, 14 March 2017 - 06:08 PM.

DontEatCrack #15 Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32849 battles
  • [ALGNT]

No offense but I've been going up in win rate at 69% and I play 90% tier X solo

It's not the MM it's you, again no offense 

#ROADTO70%

Facts don't care about your feelings

...always right

LoweExpectations #16 Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

View Postbuckeyeinpitt, on 14 March 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

Camp harder. Play less. 

Pretty sure this is what he meant.

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

_War_Child_ #17 Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35148 battles
  • [III]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 14 March 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

Is the PzB2 in the Tech Tree?  If not, then you're not buying it with the free gold.  It's not in my Tech Tree, so I'm not sure what you guys are saying here.

View PostPoshlivsena, on 14 March 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

No offense but I've been going up in win rate at 69% and I play 90% tier X solo

It's not the MM it's you, again no offense 

#ROADTO70%

I do not take offense at all because clearly you're a better player than me and I can't question that (very impressive by the way :honoring:. For me though, my winrate is going up as well at 65.22% but I am manufacturing at least 75% of my wins by carrying for 3-4 teammates.  If MM was anywhere close to fair, my winrate would be significantly higher.  I overcome and adapt, but that doesn't mean it ain't broken...

View Postbuckeyeinpitt, on 14 March 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

I am truly amazed by your presence here in the Forums.  I just assumed that you have wanted to save yourself the embarrassment and simply never visit them.  Especially when there are several threads that speak of you in particular and your chosen playstyle (or lack there of).  Since I have personally had to carry for your intentionally drowned tank in previous matches, I find it funny that you chose to come into my post and try to troll ME of all people.  It really is laughable that you use that specific comment towards me given our history together.  Those of us who play regularly know you, we know your reputation - beyond that, there is nothing else to say.

For the rest of you and my friends, please do not engage this individual with further comment, even if he tries to retort.  I promise you it is not worth the time or aggravation.

PS - If you ever see any player say something or do something that is a clear violation of the EULA in-game, BE SURE TO TAKE A SNAPSHOT and report them.  If a repeat offender continues to have a negative impact on the game, Wargaming will take action against them.  Thank you!

Edited by _War_Child_, 14 March 2017 - 06:54 PM.

NICKEL_AND_DIME #18 Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 39585 battles
  • [III-S]

I have found that platooning or running solo has made little to no difference in the WR drop.  Platooning is no guarantee of victory - if anything platooning just makes you more likely to encounter better players on the red team (in platoons). 

_War_Child_ #19 Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35148 battles
  • [III]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 14 March 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

I have found that platooning or running solo has made little to no difference in the WR drop.  Platooning is no guarantee of victory - if anything platooning just makes you more likely to encounter better players on the red team (in platoons). 

VERY TRUE!

zeur0sis #20 Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10137 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 14 March 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Completely true.  I'm actually doing much better solo than I do in a platoon right now 

"Mm sucks just like u r face.    Now Go cry on tissue not here." ~ raj

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users